confirmed on old IP... am I screwed?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=15912

eggy

03-06-2005 23:37:18

Hi,
I set up my freeipods account on a 'fresh' computer & for a 'fresh' street address, but stupidly confirmed the account on a computer that already had already been used to establish someone else's account...

QUESTION #1 Have I effectively set myself up for my account to go on hold later on (b/c Gratis tracks IP addresses - even while confirming) or am I safe to start collecting references???

please let me know asap b/c I've got a few trades on hold until I know whether I need to set up yet ANOTHER account somewhere else.

...And on a related topic (which might be applicable depending on what your answer is to Q#1)...

QUESTION #2 does anyone know if UPS will still deliver to me if I'm forced register under an imperfect address?? for example, if my real address is 30 Smith St, and if all the houses on my street are numbered 10 20 30 40 etc, would my ipod still be delivered (to me or even a neighbour) if I registered that replacement account to 29 Smith St??? You see, my house would definitely be the closest match to the address on the label... but it wouldn't be perfect. So would UPS or even Gratis refuse me my ipod all as a result of this stupid confirmation mistake?? (And yes, I know I could have it sent to a friend's house instead, but I'd REALLY rather not). cry

thanks

aguy

04-06-2005 00:04:13

whoa ive never heard of this site!?!?!

freeipods.com?? is it legit?

i signed up and did napster through ur link in ur signature.. THANKS!

eggy

04-06-2005 00:10:57

ok, um, I'm getting the feeling that you're mocking me for some reason but I don't know how or why. If not, then where'd you 'Receive' your freeipod from? And how have you posted so many times without knowing about freeipods.com?? shock

PoPoJiJo

04-06-2005 01:20:43

You are not neccesarily screwed as ip is not the only thing that they rely on
However don't make another account or you will be screwed and do not try and fudge your address thats just asking for it

Edit
i did not even see the ref link in your sig at first please remove it immediatly as it is against forum rules or risk being banned
READ THE FORUM RULES NOW
thanks
popo

theysayjump

04-06-2005 10:43:44

wow im surprised he's lasted this long!

comp? D

Stroid

04-06-2005 11:07:22

hey im still here comp is just ban crazy i do my work D

theysayjump

04-06-2005 11:09:14

[quote8c7bf22615="Stroid"]hey im still here comp is just ban crazy i do my work D[/quote8c7bf22615]

lol i know your still here stroid i just thought comp wouldve picked it up last night or something since hes on late oops

Stroid

04-06-2005 11:11:58

yeah he is on the westcoast

theysayjump

04-06-2005 13:29:29

ahhhh ok.....that would explain things.