After reading a lot...I still have a few questions

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=14207

davecruz

13-05-2005 22:52:32

Hi everyone,

I've heard about these sites for a while but living in Canada I wasn't able to jump on the bandwagon. My friend sent me an e-mail today informing me that a lot of these sites are now open to Canadians! I'm eager to earn a free ipod and mac mini. I'm not entirely sure how everything works (even after a couple hours of reading on this forum) so please bear with me.

How should I decide who to sign up under for my accounts? I see that people are offering money and trades...but then people talk about them sometimes not "going green" (I think that means a successful signup...but how long does it take to go green?). I don't have a trade record yet...what is the best way to go about earning people's trust around here? I want to do this 100% legit but I also am eager to get my minimac asap! I think that's all the questions I have, if you could take the time to help a rookie out it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

-dave

MicroChris

14-05-2005 00:12:30

Honestly, the best way to get a nice trade rep would be to trade with people that have a 10-15+ TR. That, or someone with a low TR (4-5) and is known in the community.

Also, go for ipod.gustonetwork.com.. No one has really done it yet and you'll have a tough time finding people for freeipods.com, and even mp3players4free.com at this point.

Sure, the Gusto iPod site is 10 referrals, but you should really have no trouble finding unique people to sign up for ya. And, its a 60GB Photo iPod and not the 20GB.

I, unfortunately, have completed all the sites I want to do in this time period (freakin' non stop for two weeks and completed FreeiPods and DS4Free), and now Im burnt out. Let me know in a week or so if you want to do a trade as I might go for one of the Gustonetwork sites myself.

Good luck, and don't let the addiction consume you.

-Chris

davecruz

14-05-2005 16:58:24

Thanks for the advice. It makes a lot of sense that I should try to get my ipod through the gusto network since everyone else has already used those 2 other sites. They ship to Canada too so it's all good ). Would you recommend doing PayPal trades first to get my trade record up?

PoPoJiJo

14-05-2005 17:03:40

[quote3ac14efb34="davecruz"]Thanks for the advice. It makes a lot of sense that I should try to get my ipod through the gusto network since everyone else has already used those 2 other sites. They ship to Canada too so it's all good ). Would you recommend doing PayPal trades first to get my trade record up?[/quote3ac14efb34]
Thats entiely up to you about the paypal, however it would probably be easier for you to get the refs you need by doing trades ie site for site will probbly be the most effective and I would't worry about yourr tr as long as you are trading with someone who has a good tr it doesnt matter

davecruz

14-05-2005 17:16:41

Alright, thanks for the prompt response and advice. One last question, what is "Karma" that is beside each users name? It seems that some people have 20+ trade records yet negative karma...is this something I should worry about?

M2outtaCA

14-05-2005 18:05:45

karma can be given by anyone and doesnt mean too much, and if you are starting off I would say take paypal for the site you want to start then trade to get the rest of your refs.

davecruz

14-05-2005 21:20:31

Thanks for the help everyone )