Membership at Literaryguild.com

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=13779

Cong

08-05-2005 08:26:04

I used a friend's virtual cedit card to sign up for the offer and they sent me my $4 books. About a month later (yesterday), I get a package from them and its 2 random books I've never seen before and now they're asking me to pay them $31.96 and if I don't pay at a certain date, I "MAY" have additional fee added.

What would happen if I don't pay them? I mean, I didn't pick out these books, I tried cancelling the membership, but it saids I have to have 4 commitment credit or whatever it is. I thought I could just sign up with $4 and never use their site but still have an account with them, but I didn't know they would send random books and expect you to pay them money. What should I do?

PsychoAU

08-05-2005 09:29:31

What should you do? You should read the Terms and Conditions...

PsychoAU

x323smostwantedx

08-05-2005 11:22:55

[quotebfdedf9baf="Cong"]I used a friend's virtual cedit card to sign up for the offer and they sent me my $4 books. About a month later (yesterday), I get a package from them and its 2 random books I've never seen before and now they're asking me to pay them $31.96 and if I don't pay at a certain date, I "MAY" have additional fee added.

What would happen if I don't pay them? I mean, I didn't pick out these books, I tried cancelling the membership, but it saids I have to have 4 commitment credit or whatever it is. I thought I could just sign up with $4 and never use their site but still have an account with them, but I didn't know they would send random books and expect you to pay them money. What should I do?[/quotebfdedf9baf]
I have the same problem. I have sent back their books like 5 times. Dont know what to do, they keep bugging me.

Peksim

08-05-2005 15:27:58

You can sign on to your account each month and say if you want the books of the month.

You did agree to buy # more books within the next year or 2.

You should always read the agreements before signing up for something.

RyGuy16

08-05-2005 16:06:38

[quote6d8fff91bf="Peksim"]You can sign on to your account each month and say if you want the books of the month.

You did agree to buy # more books within the next year or 2.

You should always read the agreements before signing up for something.[/quote6d8fff91bf]

Yeah, you have to read the agreements for all the sites because a lot of them can really get you screwed. You will just have to pay for the books.

Peksim

08-05-2005 16:42:15

This site IF done right can MAKE you money...

My wife is GREAT ebay seller (specially with books). I did a little research on the books they were offering, pick the best then turned around andd ebayed them. The first book paid for all the shipping costs and most of the next book that I have to get... most likely "Harry Potter"

It is a good thing that I love to read as well.

slease

08-05-2005 16:59:07

Ya, I forgot to cancel my featured selections too. Who the hell wants Yayas in Bloom? Just sell them on ebay and make most of your money back. Next time read the terms and conditions, did you really think you could get 2 hardback books for $4 each? These types of programs have been around for over 15 years. Or you could always give the Yayas book to your mother for mothers day, lol.

nicd.01

08-05-2005 17:48:32

[quote93f3c3fe13="PsychoAU"]What should you do? You should read the Terms and Conditions...

PsychoAU[/quote93f3c3fe13]

Damn. He's right, though.

idrinklisterine

08-05-2005 18:13:30

How long do book club offers take to credit? I'm considering doing some of them since I'm running out of offers to do.

Peksim

08-05-2005 21:50:17

I think it only took a day for mine to green.

x323smostwantedx

08-05-2005 21:53:44

It was instant for me

Peinecone

09-05-2005 20:52:44

If you read the T&C, you may review your initial books and decide to send them back if you don't want to continue in the club. Basically a free trial.

wood

11-05-2005 07:38:25

And don't think you will get away with not paying by using a webcertificate. They will send a bill with your name on it -/