Here's a new one

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=13545

hyperboarder

05-05-2005 10:44:01

Ok, I've heard of this happening before, but not to this extent, and I'd like some advice as to what I should do. I signed up for sonos.gustonetworks last night for slease and completed the Napster offer, with no other windows open or anything, just that one. Then, I wake up this morning and I get an email from freepsps (where I'm currently awaiting approval) saying I completed the Napster offer. WTF? First off, how the hell did I get credit on a totally different network of sites, and second what do I do now? Should I contact Gratis, Shawn, who? I'm thoroughly confused by all of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Stroid

05-05-2005 10:46:32

well ive heard of this before say napster uses Search Cactus for example and both Gusto and Gratis use SC sometimes credit is given to the wrong place. it has happened before i would say contact gusto first then gratis possibly. hope that makes sense

comppimp

05-05-2005 11:08:50

You probably clicked the Napster offer on freepsps.com, which then retained your cookie from freepsps. When you clicked Napster again from the Gusto site it used the freepsps cookie, so you got credit on that site. Can't do anything about it now I would guess. Just gotta do another offer on gusto that you havent clicked before on another site (or clear your cookies).

hyperboarder

05-05-2005 11:39:56

Dammit! Alright, my fault I guess. Thanks for the help mods, I appreciate it.