Offer-Fraud Poppycock

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=73120

Nos

21-01-2008 09:44:43

[b5d4f5e44f0]Condensed Update[/b5d4f5e44f0]

I have been checking out some of the trial offers before their deadline. I found that one required phone verification before sending it. I guess it is a little hard to do if my phone is always busy. It was not a problem though, since my calling them was the verification. They canceled the big bill subscription, and requested that I call them should I want to order more.

With another offer, two phone numbers found in the Terms and Conditions were not working. One phone number took me to a hospital emergency room, while another did not ring at all. I found another number on the offer web site that worked, but it sounded like I was calling someone's home. The person seemed surprised by the call, but also stated that she was new.

Does that seem fishy? Can't exactly throw caution to the wind when doing these offers. Now can we?

Yes, I am interested in doing more offers for you, but be careful of the sharks while swimming in the fishpond.

[i5d4f5e44f0]-Nos[/i5d4f5e44f0]

sandra habina

21-01-2008 09:57:06

YES - you should always read the terms of service of each offer you want to try. Sometimes there is some verification information in the FAQ also. Check your cc account also because sometimes you can be billed twice or too much. Usually very easy to fix - just a phone call.
But that is why it says Trade at your own risk!

Remember - you do get some neat prizes or paypal for doing trades and working the sites. It does work - just read the fine print. )

michelle-kcmo

23-01-2008 13:38:45

Which offers were they?

FIPG Trade Thread
http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=72860

Michelle

Nos

31-01-2008 13:21:21

[bd04c8f46b9]Condensed Update[/bd04c8f46b9]

Conflict between advertisement page versus terms and conditions.

The waived setup fee incentive as shown on the advertisement/order page expired in October 2007 according to the terms and conditions. Also stated in the terms and conditions If service is canceled within 90-day period, the setup fee will be charged. I could not find cost of setup anywhere on there web site. I sent them an email with my email client using the request receipt option. I know they read my email, but no reply to my inquiry. Which is correct The advertisement/order page, or the terms and conditions? [/colord04c8f46b9]

[id04c8f46b9]-Nos[/id04c8f46b9]

skepticalcynic

31-01-2008 18:48:17

Always go by the TOS.

tucker1003

18-02-2008 12:33:44

COPY & PASTE all Terms and conditions/policy/ or even FAQs from every offer you do. Some conditions or procedures hide in FAQs. SAVE them. For offers that start charging on your CC randomly resort to your SAVED TOS/P/FAQs usually they don't follow their own and you will win your money back, if not you may have miss read something inwich you may or may not win your money back. Either WAY SAVE YOUR COPIES, it really helps!!!!!!!!

Nos

19-02-2008 06:53:37

[quote6308bc099f="tucker1003"]COPY & PASTE all Terms and conditions/policy/ or even FAQs from every offer you do. Some conditions or procedures hide in FAQs. SAVE them. For offers that start charging on your CC randomly resort to your SAVED TOS/P/FAQs usually they don't follow their own and you will win your money back, if not you may have miss read something inwich you may or may not win your money back. Either WAY SAVE YOUR COPIES, it really helps!!!!!!!![/quote6308bc099f]

Don't forget to report the fraud to your credit card company. The credit card company will do a charge back. If the same people are hiding behind multiple domains in not revealing their true colors, report your credit card stolen.

[i6308bc099f]-Nos[/i6308bc099f][/color6308bc099f]

Nos

29-02-2008 08:26:10

[b9e7802bb46]IF YOU ARE WORKING THE FORUM FOR SOMEONE TO COMPLETE OFFERS SO YOU CAN WIN YOUR PRECIOUS PRIZE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITH AN ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTION.[/b9e7802bb46][/color9e7802bb46]

[b9e7802bb46]Would you risk doing business with an offer site that will directly, or indirectly work against you with claims of customer fraud and incompetence?[/color9e7802bb46][/b9e7802bb46]

[i9e7802bb46][b9e7802bb46]-Nos[/color9e7802bb46][/b9e7802bb46][/i9e7802bb46]

[i9e7802bb46]IMPORTANT NOTICE!

As of 06.14.2007
Due to a recent jump in fraud, the Wish4Free Network as well as many other sites are taking the necessary steps to thwart these attempts by making some policy changes. Effective immediately we will no longer be accepting manual credit reports. The majority of these ended up being fraudulent. Unfortunately, this is not a minor issue. To those honest people who have not received credit for offers completed, we sincerely apologize. To learn how to receive credit Click Here

-Wish4Free Administration[/i9e7802bb46]

sandra habina

29-02-2008 15:26:27

Most sites had to post that notice because offer companies stopped accepting MCR'S back in June. But to my knowledge - most sites do accept them now - at least for many offers. So I would check with wish4free again - and see which offer it was. They are very helpful when I have asked them questions. Unfortunately some offers just do not accept the manual credit request on any site.

I do hope they can help you.

Margot530

29-02-2008 21:37:50

[quotebb146d5d8b="Nos"][bbb146d5d8b]IF YOU ARE WORKING THE FORUM FOR SOMEONE TO COMPLETE OFFERS SO YOU CAN WIN YOUR PRECIOUS PRIZE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITH AN ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTION.[/bbb146d5d8b][/colorbb146d5d8b]

[bbb146d5d8b]Would you risk doing business with an offer site that will directly, or indirectly work against you with claims of customer fraud and incompetence?[/colorbb146d5d8b][/bbb146d5d8b]

[ibb146d5d8b][bbb146d5d8b]-Nos[/colorbb146d5d8b][/bbb146d5d8b][/ibb146d5d8b]

[ibb146d5d8b]IMPORTANT NOTICE!

As of 06.14.2007
Due to a recent jump in fraud, the Wish4Free Network as well as many other sites are taking the necessary steps to thwart these attempts by making some policy changes. Effective immediately we will no longer be accepting manual credit reports. The majority of these ended up being fraudulent. Unfortunately, this is not a minor issue. To those honest people who have not received credit for offers completed, we sincerely apologize. To learn how to receive credit Click Here

-Wish4Free Administration[/ibb146d5d8b][/quotebb146d5d8b]

Hello,

Yes, that is an old notice that most sites posted...either the same or similar, during what many call the "Freebie Crash." That has now rectified its self, but MCR's are still difficult to get. Many sites accept them now, but many affiliates aren't quite as generous any more with regards to granting an approval. Train is one that is able to do this quite effectively, and one reason many new people should give them a try.

Many site owners of late are talking back and forth on the forums about how difficult it is to get their users manual credits, and how some are not just taking weeks, but months to come in. It is very unfortunate, but the high amount of fraud, by unscrupulous traders, has prevented many honest ones from getting the credit they deserve through manual credit. It is understandable that the affiliates want to protect themselves, but difficult to watch honest folks take the brunt.

Site owners are up in arms as well, due to the fact that for every user that completed an offer faithfully and turned in a MCR and had it denied...they don't get paid for. They also hate that you guys spent money on an offer that you were interested in, with hopes of also getting credit but didn't. Not to mention that if you give up, you will not go out and get referrals of your own for that site.

I have had many people state to me...and have seen it posted so many times that site owners love it when the users don't get all of their credits to go green. Granted, when a user signs up for a few offers and leaves the scene, the owners benefit. But many must have noticed how sites are now offering partial credit promotions....in many ways that cancels much of what they earned off of your referral(s) that took a hike. Now let me explain how sites benefit from your referrals actually getting credit.

1. The site owner gets paid for every offer they did to green.

2. The referral and the referee are happy.

3. Both continue to get referrals.

4. The next referrals do the same.

5. This builds the site base.

6. More referrals, more money for everyone.

Not all of your referrals will go on to get referrals of their own, but if they are happy with the site, they very well may...not only that, but something may bring them back to finish and decide to work the site. Now if none of your referrals went on to get others, due to being unhappy, then how does a site stay in business? Just through the partials that didn't green all the way...impossible, as the buck would stop there. A few referrals greening here and there is not what the site owners want...they want this process to continue and build...just the same as any business such as a store...the more customers the more money they generate.

I did get a bit off subject, but it all ties in together, anyone is welcome and encouraged to correct or add to this, as I am learning and want to learn more every day.

Thank You So Much,

Margot D

Nos

01-03-2008 07:37:33

[bdd67131411]Margot,

Has there been any internal audits conducted by a third party?

Has anyone been arrested?

Have the fraud claims been substantiated by legal authorities, and made a matter of public record?

If the findings can be proven, I think it would improve credibility to a little more than a clever way to skim.

Thanks,

[idd67131411]-Nos[/idd67131411][/bdd67131411][/colordd67131411]