hamtaroking not responding after 16+ days!! ripped me!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=71736

GreenRiver

30-11-2007 05:59:26

well it has been 16+ days and still no hamtaroking.

he claimed to do an offer at youfreeiphone and he never did. he never even clicked an offer ,,, they told me. so i gave half up front becuase this guy has a lot of awesome feed back.

beware ... good feed back and all ... he lied (said he did offer and trainn says he did not even click an offer) then he told me if i didn't go thru he would do another. all lies and took my $.

what is up. this guy has such good feedback ... but scammed and lied. not accusation ... fact.
bret

level99

30-11-2007 06:01:35

I also got ripped off by this guy. I paid him half up front as well. He signed up on my site but never went green or responded to my PMs.

jeagle82

30-11-2007 07:18:56

Sorry guys, but sounds like a classic case of an established member getting out of the game, and trying to take as much money as possible before he does.

Have you contacted a mod about this member?

GreenRiver

30-11-2007 08:03:08

i have not but will report today.
i have to read the proceedures.
it seems as if his paypal is closed too. i say this because of the message on the dispute when i try to take up a claim. "he is unable to respond" or something like that.

i think you called it my friend. no one w/feedback that good would do this xept geetin out? or some medical accident.

i am glad it was only $13 not the whole $26 as he tried to talk me into.
bret

opy01

30-11-2007 08:14:59

Yup he is a scammer! I contacted a Mod about 5 days after he said he would go green same day. He never even registered with the site. The mod said he got several reports on that person. I am reporting him to Paypal as an internet fraud person and sugest that any Paypal accounts linked to him or his IP adresses be closed. They probably will do nothing but its worth a try.

KeithA

30-11-2007 09:11:53

He was recently banned. From everything we've seen, it looks like he came back and scammed everybody with a cash-for-ref scheme. Sevearl users have filed PayPal disputes, but I don't think most people have gotten much back.

gafdpc

30-11-2007 11:51:58

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he is banned? Maybe you IP-banned him instead?

hehehhehe

30-11-2007 12:38:23

He's banned now, but it didn't matter. He wasn't coming back.

microplane

30-11-2007 13:09:47

if you look at the i'm sick of jerks in here thread you will see you are not the only ones,i myself paid him 1/2 upfront for he had a TR that was 1 above mine,and paypal ruled in my favor but as normal thats all they do they don't cancel his account,they don't charge him with theft and they sure as hell don't refund my money which is what a dispute is all about,so is paypal working with these scammers?They should have an emergency fund to combat this.

laurelwm

01-12-2007 05:33:27

[quote3250404f9b="microplane"]...... don't refund my money which is what a dispute is all about,so is paypal working with these scammers?They should have an emergency fund to combat this.[/quote3250404f9b]

PayPal can only refund your money if he still has funds in his account, and the only way that they could have an emergency fund for cases like this would be if they made everyone else pay for it, which I really don't see happening.

To the best of my knowledge, if he tries to use the account again, they will then use the funds to refund people with disputes against him, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Sorry you lost out. Hope you have better experiences in the future.

Laurel

scionxchic

01-12-2007 11:18:12

what is his email address? I think I paid him, but I'm not sure.. because I never got anything.

microplane

01-12-2007 12:57:17

the email= he used with me was email=jacob.nam78@gmail.comjacob.nam78@gmail.com he used with me was email=jacob.nam78@gmail.comjacob.nam78@gmail.com/email but he has used other emails from what i can see

kinetic

04-12-2007 14:36:31

Scammed me too. Payed 1/2 upfront for Home.Hotgifts, never even signed on to the site. I will never pay anyone upfront again, no matter the TR or feedback they have. Lesson learned.

mellissa

06-12-2007 10:13:43

Yeah, got me too... Looks like he was busy for those few days here! evil

i'm no longer paying up-front, no matter of TR!
If they are an honest trader, they should understand & take it on green anyway!

GreatGalah

07-12-2007 05:27:51

...Hate to sound like a Broken record but he Scammed me too...out of $40! No reply for almost a month!...

...So, I'm still stuck without my TR And my Cash! (is there no system to give people who have been scammed Compensatory TR or anything?!)...

CollidgeGraduit

07-12-2007 05:43:20

[quotef3b7d2e005="GreatGalah"]...Hate to sound like a Broken record but he Scammed me too...out of $40! No reply for almost a month!...

...So, I'm still stuck without my TR And my Cash! (is there no system to give people who have been scammed Compensatory TR or anything?!)...[/quotef3b7d2e005]

What would compensatory TR be? A TR point means you completed a successful trade, nothing more and nothing less. If you got scammed, you didn't complete a successful trade.

HooDLuMcorp

13-12-2007 11:09:45

yea he scammed me too. ive read couple of his posts where he talks about how he hates scammers and tries to avoid em, then he goes and scams us. thats wut really pisses me off, and he prolly ignores his emails too. its not even worth having to wait 14 days to submit a scammer report because they already ran with your money. 14 days is like half a month, imagine how many ppl you an scam in that period of time. you'd be rih