WATCH OUT FOR PEOPLE OFFERING TO GO GREEN FOR HALF UPFRONT!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=71714

canivus

29-11-2007 11:15:44

I believe this should be kinda normal news now, but in case anyone didn't know, I would advise you to pay on green...

unknown uchiha

29-11-2007 15:00:01

Huh. You mean you wouldn't go first regardless of my substantially higher TR? roll

Twon

29-11-2007 16:44:22

TR rules...

manOFice

29-11-2007 16:48:20

[quote343be738c1="Twon"]TR rules...[/quote343be738c1]

canivus

30-11-2007 10:25:19

[quotedf440d6f45="unknown uchiha"]Huh. You mean you wouldn't go first regardless of my substantially higher TR? roll[/quotedf440d6f45]
Not anymore, I am not constrained to only one place to get refs...

CollidgeGraduit

30-11-2007 10:30:30

[quotef1b7c59042="canivus"][quotef1b7c59042="unknown uchiha"]Huh. You mean you wouldn't go first regardless of my substantially higher TR? roll[/quotef1b7c59042]
Not anymore, I am not constrained to only one place to get refs...[/quotef1b7c59042]

That's fine, but if you're going to get refs here you will need to abide by the rules.

zr2152

30-11-2007 10:38:29

I thought the TR thing was more of a suggestion, i guess that would be for people with both high TR's.

level99

30-11-2007 18:02:52

[quote9896153088="zr2152"]I thought the TR thing was more of a suggestion, i guess that would be for people with both high TR's.[/quote9896153088]

Yea, I am pretty sure it states that it is a suggestion and not a rule. I have been ripped off by two people so far in the past month and a half by paying up front and both of them had very high TR.

canivus

01-12-2007 00:16:41

[quote11babb5ed0="CollidgeGraduit"][quote11babb5ed0="canivus"][quote11babb5ed0="unknown uchiha"]Huh. You mean you wouldn't go first regardless of my substantially higher TR? roll[/quote11babb5ed0]
Not anymore, I am not constrained to only one place to get refs...[/quote11babb5ed0]

That's fine, but if you're going to get refs here you will need to abide by the rules.[/quote11babb5ed0]
I'm absolutely fine with that...

momex

03-12-2007 11:14:38

The trading forum rules state that the "lower TR goes first" is a guideline, not a rule. I would like to take it a step further and suggest that the TR "rule" is really a privilege more than anything else. It is there to protect the more established trader from potential scammers who usually have low or no TR. But when it's the trader with the higher TR that is abusing the TR "rule" and scamming others, what are we to do? I payed three traders up front who had substantially higher TR than I (TR in the 30s, 60s, and 100s respectively), all within a month's time, all on the FiPG forum, all who deceived me and never completed their greens. I'm not quite sure how I attracted these situations. Perhaps I'm too trusting, but in all cases I went along with the trading guidelines and dutifully abided by the TR "rule."

On a personal note, it's now challenging to trust anyone with a higher TR in light of these negative trading experiences.

The TR "rule" (and all trades for that matter) works only when both traders have integrity and follow through with their respective sides of the bargain. There is no guarantee that the person with the higher TR has integrity and will follow through with their side of the bargain. That's why the TR "rule" can not be a rule and is only a guideline.

hehehhehe

03-12-2007 12:43:19

Rules, suggestions, guidelines, it doesn't matter what word you use. If you have lower TR and don't trust a certain trader with higher TR than you, just don't trade with them. No one's forcing you to. Don't screw up the TR system we have here because of a few bad apples. We have had a few bad cases here and there but you don't see how many scammers with 0 to low TR that get banned on a daily basis.

If someone with lower TR asks me to pay half upfront because of some scammers, I'll lol. Someone already created this thread (this one) in the scammer's thread warning against just that kind of scam.

whitegreyhat

06-12-2007 20:30:00

I think you should be able to do whatever you like, when i started on this site, it was common for people to pay for the AGREEMENT then if they didnt go green, they risk negative TR which no one would deal with them if they were on the BAD TRADER LIST, (which they had to resolve or refund to get off of) of course this was before the trading system. So i guess things change.

zulemara

17-12-2007 09:03:39

[quote4638183e4e="level99"][quote4638183e4e="zr2152"]I thought the TR thing was more of a suggestion, i guess that would be for people with both high TR's.[/quote4638183e4e]

Yea, I am pretty sure it states that it is a suggestion and not a rule. I have been ripped off by two people so far in the past month and a half by paying up front and both of them had very high TR.[/quote4638183e4e]

A Frickin men - I have been scammed by 3 people. They were really quick to say you pay first and I offered half. I'm just glad I didn't pay in full.

I have a good record on FLR and I'm sorry, but I'm not paying anyone up front. I've been scammed by people with high TR and low TR. It's way more risky for me in terms of financial loss. The trader might only spend 20 dollars doing offer, yet I can be out 30-60 dollars or more if they scam me.

Hopefully I win my paypal disputes

Twisted1851

22-01-2008 21:27:07

I try to deal with users that have really good feedback, but even before that, users that other users have recommended to me. Another words, if i have dealt with one user, and they recommend someone else (and i am satisfied them), I will usually go for that other user. If I'm not sure about a user, i trade greens, that way no one really looses anything important. Just how I handle things.

sandra habina

24-01-2008 06:13:24

Always check to see TR but you should read their profile feedback, also check their activity on the forum - perhaps their recent posts. I can not believe you have seen so many but like said before - there are way more scammers with low TR than higher. Also TR30 is not that high.

This rule is for your protection. Use all of your choices to check a trader out. And if you have a problem - check with a moderator - they should be able to guide you. )

skepticalcynic

26-01-2008 11:37:55

I recently wanted to do a site for someone with a WAYYYY lower TR than me and I explained that since it was a 4 credit site, and would cost me probably $65 dollars to do the offer requirements, I would like to get $60 upfront, especially since if I did the offers and didn't get paid, I would have lost not just money, but also available offers. Offers are limited and losing available offers is almost worse than losing the money spent for the offers. The other trader absolutely refused. I suggested he check out my feedback and ask anyone about my reputation here, as well as looking at some of my posts. He still refused. And on this I wouldn't compromise. So no trade. Which sucks, because I really wanted to do that site. But I need to protect myself, so what else could I do? In the end, I'd rather lose the trade, than the money and offers.

(I'm still kind of hoping that he'll change his mind. Not too many people want to do 4 credit sites. I guess we'll see...)

Matt_2040

08-02-2008 06:42:50

This happened to me recently. I paid up front for a site. The guy had good communication too for a week or so, claiming he didn't complete a "fast crediting offer". Never heard from him again after a while and it looks like he's been banned.

The TR rule really is a guideline, so its all about whoever you're trading with. I would advise never going first when it comes to paying for refs. you'll only lose money.

skepticalcynic

09-02-2008 06:38:46

If you don't follow trading rules and guidelines, you'll have no help from FiPG if you have a problem.

Matt_2040

09-02-2008 09:40:13

I didn't say anything about not following rules, but guidelines really are different from rules. If someone with a higher TR is willing to go first to someone with a lower TR then the world's not going to end.

I don't think someone should ever go first when paying for refs, though. too risky. So either get lucky and have someone who doesn't mind going first, or just wait till your TR is high enough to not have to worry about it.

keleka

02-03-2008 07:20:49

Hi all... I just wanted to add... I barely have a TR although I've done quite a few trades here... just not authorized to create a Trade because of my TR... but we all need to go with our gut feelings... if you feel the person is too pushy or the trade just don't feel right... just don't do it.

Also, do you homework... play investigator and find out about the person... read their posts to see if they are truly active here and such... I've done a trade with someone here and I paid her 50% of my offer... but that's after I looked into her profile, comments and TR... She Greened as promised and I payed her as promise. Regardless of the TR... just trust your gut feelings.

Safe trading everyone.

Hoss2626

06-03-2008 14:31:08

Totally agree... the only time I paid upfront for green it didn't work out! I ended up having to get a refund from Paypal.