I am sick of jerks on here!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=71422

opy01

19-11-2007 08:26:04

I have come to find out that once you pay someone they will no longer respond to your PMs. This is rediculous and rude! I now have 2 people that are not responding to my PMs. One person had a higher TR than me so I sent them $20 to go green and they havent even signed up for the site. The next person went green then I paid them. I them got a message from the admin of the site saying the other person went on hold becaus they broke the rules. Now they have $30 of mine and I have no green anymore and they will not respond to my PMs. These people respond in a matter of hours before they get their money but once they get it thay dont give a crap about me. Thats not the way its supposed to work and I am sick of peopl,e taking advantage of me. I will no longer pay before green no matter the TR! I will also not pay on green until a week has gone by and I can make sure you dont go red instantly! I know you have to wait 14 days before posting who they are so I will not say who it is just in case they show up and actually follow through but until I hear from them I have no choice but to assume I have been robbed of $50.

Twon

19-11-2007 08:52:19

Sorry to hear that. Good luck at getting your refunds... Talk to an admin and see what they say.

opy01

19-11-2007 09:04:36

I have to wait another week to do that, I just am mad because I am out $50 and have no greens to show for it. People are all about being prompt before they get paid but once you pay them they dont give a crap.

tester300

19-11-2007 09:11:43

same happen to me!
That 14 days rules is just stupid!

CollidgeGraduit

19-11-2007 09:17:34

That rule's in place to keep people from running someone else's name into the mud prematurely. Sometimes someone's relative dies, their computer is broken, internet goes out, are unable to spend time on the computer due to other issues, etc.

If you don't like the rule, then don't trade here on this forum. We are glad to help and do what we can to help make trading as smooth as possible, and considering the absolute lack of control over whether a member sets up some trades, scams, and takes off, we do pretty well -- especially for a FREE service.

The most we can do once a scammer is identified is threaten them with a ban. Sometimes they make good on their trades, sometimes they don't.

But if you don't like the rules, feel free to go trade somewhere else.

opy01

19-11-2007 09:20:09

Agreed! If they promise a fast green and go 2 days without even registering after you pay them then they suck! If something comes up and they cannot do it right away at least let someone know or send the money back and request to do the offer later. I mean I could message all the noobs and let them know I will go green the same day once they pay me and never talk to them again and I could do it for 2 weeks and make tons of cash before I got ban from here. There needs to be a 2 day rule for registering to a site after being paid. If you have enough time to message me and ask for money, you have enough time to click on the link and register!

LLee93

19-11-2007 09:20:41

I have the sites check each green before I pay now because of the scammers. Most sites are willing to do that.

CollidgeGraduit

19-11-2007 09:21:49

[quotee49212f617="opy01"]Agreed! If they promise a fast green and go 2 days without even registering after you pay them then they suck! If something comes up and they cannot do it right away at least let someone know or send the money back and request to do the offer later. I mean I could message all the noobs and let them know I will go green the same day once they pay me and never talk to them again and I could do it for 2 weeks and make tons of cash before I got ban from here. There needs to be a 2 day rule for registering to a site after being paid. If you have enough time to message me and ask for money, you have enough time to click on the link and register![/quotee49212f617]

And then they would wait 2 days to set up the trades, scam people, and run.

opy01

19-11-2007 09:32:01

[quoteccc174133c="CollidgeGraduit"]And then they would wait 2 days to set up the trades, scam people, and run.[/quoteccc174133c]

Yea I know, I just feel like I have been taken advantage of and that never feels good. I am out $50 and no closer to my goal. I had a few good experiences on this site and my trust was coming back then 2 in a row hit me and there goes my faith in humanity.

Jeremiah1218

19-11-2007 10:05:36

You just need to be careful of who you're trading with. People with higher TRs are usually a better choice because they are most likely not going to scam you since they are an active person on the forums and wouldn't want their account banned. Also I would not pay anyone in advance no matter their TR because thats how things like this happen. Try and find a good reputable trader and you should be fine. Also, when someone goes green for you just get the green checked out by the site so you will know if they are going to go red before you send the payment.

opy01

19-11-2007 10:19:38

[quote6e4ebfafa1="Jeremiah1218"]I would not pay anyone in advance no matter their TR... when someone goes green for you just get the green checked out by the site so you will know if they are going to go red before you send the payment.[/quote6e4ebfafa1]

Both really good sugestions. I didnt even think of getting the green checked out. Thanks. (feeling a little better already)

hehehhehe

19-11-2007 10:34:15

[quote97ed7e25b1="opy01"]Yea I know, I just feel like I have been taken advantage of and that never feels good. I am out $50 and no closer to my goal. I had a few good experiences on this site and my trust was coming back then 2 in a row hit me and there goes my faith in humanity.[/quote97ed7e25b1]
Everyone gets scammed here and there, that's the risk you run with the freebie business. If you find that you aren't ahead of the game after you do a bunch of trades, it just means this isn't for you.

It's a good idea that you wait 7 days to pay as long as you state that in advance of the trade, as there are many of these scammers that pop up. I only pay new members for a green after approval.

I've looked into the other guy (higher TR member you traded with) and I'll see what the mods have to say about him.

tester300

19-11-2007 10:45:46

What I find unfair about the 14day rule is the following

I understand what you say "Sometimes someone's relative dies, their computer is broken, internet goes out, are unable to spend time on the computer due to other issues, etc." But when you know that the person is ONLINE and he's not responding to your PM's and simply keeps ignoring you then you'll have to suspect something.
I already PM'd you about hamtaroking, this guy is just ignoring my PM's !! So I know that he's visiting the forum and maybe just looking for another newbie victims!

Maybe a slight amendment to the rule will change lots of things!

level99

19-11-2007 13:04:18

I have been waiting well over a month for some people to complete their end of the bargain. With green for green, I greened within the first few hours on 10/11 and I am still waiting. Also, there are a few people I paid in advance that have just completely disappeared. And all have high TR one of them well over 50.

I understand that I am taking a risk by trading with anyone, but I have 5 people that I am having issues with within just over a month of joining the site. It is very disappointing.

opy01

19-11-2007 13:19:04

[quotecfaeeff3cf="hehehhehe"]I've looked into the other guy (higher TR member you traded with) and I'll see what the mods have to say about him.[/quotecfaeeff3cf]

I did talk to another mod and they said they have had several complaints on him last week. Thanks for looking into it. I just ha ve a hard time beleiving that someone with a higher TR would do that. Well, no I dont.

skepticalcynic

19-11-2007 13:33:27

The longer you stick around, the more you will come to realize that a high TR doesn't make a good or reliable trader. If you really want to know what a person is all about look at his/her post count and then actually read some of the posts to get a feel for the person. And when in doubt, ask someone.

As far as paying for a higher TR first - if the trader is active in the forum and trusted here, then you definitely should pay first. Since you've only been a member here less than 2 months, most veteran traders would be hesitant to trade with you if you didn't pay upfront. How would any of them know you weren't just going to take the money and run, so to speak. The veterans have earned the right to be paid first and trusted.

canivus

19-11-2007 13:42:45

[quotec76ee40549="Jeremiah1218"]You just need to be careful of who you're trading with. People with higher TRs are usually a better choice because they are most likely not going to scam you since they are an active person on the forums and wouldn't want their account banned. Also I would not pay anyone in advance no matter their TR because thats how things like this happen. Try and find a good reputable trader and you should be fine. Also, when someone goes green for you just get the green checked out by the site so you will know if they are going to go red before you send the payment.[/quotec76ee40549]

I wish the part about higher tr's were true...the only people I've traded with on here without problems are newbies...the only people with an average of 50+ tr and about 2 years on here have been severely lacking in communication and one of them has simply not even replied emails even though he regularly logs in here...

Jeremiah1218

19-11-2007 14:09:56

Well in some cases yeah I do agree that the higher TR members will try to take advantage of newbies...its happened to me before when I was new too...but if you look around and do a little research on the person before going into a trade with them it will help a lot. There are far more honest people on here than there are scammers, sometimes you just get unlucky and get scammed...I think its happened to everyone at some point or another. In the end I have made way more than I lost though obviously or I wouldn't still be doing this. It works you just need to be careful these days.

opy01

19-11-2007 14:41:05

The problem is I want to pay someone to sign up for my sites. The higher TR people already have done most of the sites.

izzyr34

19-11-2007 15:07:03

did someone get scammed by this "hamtaroking" guy? cause i almost did a trade with him and he wanted half of the money upfront. and to this day he still hasn't replied to any of my PM's.

tester300

19-11-2007 15:47:29

did someone get scammed by this "hamtaroking" guy? cause i almost did a trade with him and he wanted half of the money upfront. and to this day he still hasn't replied to any of my PM's.

Yep, me too !
Did you file a paypal claim?

izzyr34

19-11-2007 17:01:28

no, i never paid him ANYTHING!! good thing i took a look at this post. that would of been a waste of my $$$.

tester300

19-11-2007 17:15:24

Lucky you !
I paid him upfron cause he had good TR!
But he's just a scammer!

zr2152

19-11-2007 19:36:22

you should also look at their post count.

izzyr34

19-11-2007 22:28:52

how do you get a free green from a support ticket? cause i think i might have gotten scammed today. evil i guess ill have to wait for a wile before i can call it a scam.

opy01

20-11-2007 05:04:12

I just filed a claim with paypal for one of those people that took my money and ran. What are the chances of me getting Paypal to refund my money?

pgilmore

20-11-2007 06:40:43

Yea hamtaroking tried to get money upfront from me too. Is it possible that scammers can hack someones account with a high TR that hasnt been active and impersonate them? I ask because people such as hamtaroking and SilentQueef havent been active (based on posts) and tried to scam... seems a little weird to me.

HeavenOnEarth

20-11-2007 09:36:02

opy01 sorry you were scammed! It Sucks!!
I was Recently scammed of $55 myself !! and Yea Hamtaroking was one of those SCAMMERS that took my money and ran! (Come to Find out this dude has been a returning scammer on A4F)!
argh I also put in for my Paypal claims about a week now! Doubt I'll get a refund on that, was worth a try though. But Lesson learned, I WILL NOT pay upfront anymore!

Good luck to you though!

microplane

20-11-2007 09:36:10

Yes hamtaroking got me for 1/2 payment because he had a TR 1 above mine,i filed a claim with paypal and they havn't been able to get a hold of them.
Usually i don't do that but some of their feedback they had were from real high tr's who have been here for a very long time.
Now alot of you new traders know why alot of us wait to pay on approval and not green cause even on green it doesn't mean anything.

kidd2108

20-11-2007 09:42:28

Many of you have been scammed by hamtaroking and nobody has pm'd a mod...

microplane

20-11-2007 10:26:37

I have pm'd a mod but have not heard a reply,there is a post about him but the replys are locked,i guess for 14 days.

hehehhehe

20-11-2007 10:52:31

[quote2b5be638a5="kidd2108"]Many of you have been scammed by hamtaroking and nobody has pm'd a mod...[/quote2b5be638a5]
Actually someone did and we pretty much have him pegged as a scammer but it was too late by the time we saw what he did. He came and tried to hit everyone for a short time and then disappeared. We took away his trading priviledges but he hasn't been back since the 13th.

You guys can try to file a paypal claim but unfortunately, I don't know if it will do any good.

canivus

20-11-2007 12:35:11

[quote5738a8dc47="kidd2108"]Many of you have been scammed by hamtaroking and nobody has pm'd a mod...[/quote5738a8dc47]
I did, didn't get a reply though...filed a paypal claim on the 14th...

level99

20-11-2007 15:54:24

I paid hamtaroking half up front to do a site for me and he did sign up on my site but has not gone green. He also hasn't answered my PMs. I paid him on 11/11. Should I contact a mod and file a PayPal claim even though it hasn't been two weeks yet?

opy01

20-11-2007 15:54:32

does anyone have experience with paypal claims? I am wondering if he does not answer Paypals emails if they concider that a plee of guilty.

level99

20-11-2007 15:59:52

I have filed Paypal claims before for ebay purchases and won. And yes, if he doesn't answer the Paypal emails you should automatically win the claim, but that is as long as he has funds in his Paypal account.

microplane

20-11-2007 16:29:00

according to the claim dept,if he doesn't respond to their emails by a certain date then they rule it in your favor,the only question is if he still has money in his account or has taken it as well,and whether we will get it back.

microplane

20-11-2007 16:34:22

This was 1 of his posts way back in jan not sure if it's true or not but if it is he won't be varified after we all file claims.

I'm able to do A LOT of sites for paypal. PM me or reply here to see if I am able to do your site. I am paypal verified and I have over +60 TR on A4F. Trade rules applies, so if you have more than 25 TR, I will go first. I am not accepting any offers less than $25 paypal. Please let me know. Thanks. I'm mostly interested in Grade A/B sites.

izzyr34

20-11-2007 16:49:11

This guy should get banned! He also signed up for my site but never completed the green. good thing never paid him. now its been over a week and still no reply from him. after i saw this post i went and erased all of my outgoing pm to him.

jy3

20-11-2007 19:43:17

if paypal refuses to refund your $ and you paid with credit card backed funds do a reversal thru your credit card. i always pay with credit card for things that may not work out well

Jeremiah1218

20-11-2007 20:38:24

Does the reversal with your CC work well? I have won a few claims myself against scammers and gotten some of my money back but not all of it. If backing the funds with your CC works every time or at least close to every time I think I may just start doing that.

jy3

21-11-2007 07:13:49

it depends on your credit card company.
i have done 2 reversals on paypal payments and both have gone thru without a hitch
just explain what happened - explain it as if a service was not provided after payment was given

Jeremiah1218

21-11-2007 09:28:43

All right I will try that thank you.

mellissa

21-11-2007 10:02:18

dumb question, can you file a reversal if paid with paypal buyer credit?
after paypal denies claim?

evilbrother266

21-11-2007 17:24:02

err.. this is why i don't like to pay upfronts. I sent him the upfront in the 13th too.

microplane

21-11-2007 20:46:03

I had put it down as i purchased something ( a green ) and he didn't deliver,they still havn't gotten a reply from him so if they don't in a few days it will go in my favor and will see if i get my money back.
I hope all the newbies will understand why alot of traders ask for approval before paying and not demanding upfront or greens all the time.

canivus

25-11-2007 12:15:43

[quote99824bd9ab="level99"]I paid hamtaroking half up front to do a site for me and he did sign up on my site but has not gone green. He also hasn't answered my PMs. I paid him on 11/11. Should I contact a mod and file a PayPal claim even though it hasn't been two weeks yet?[/quote99824bd9ab]

wow, way to go paypal...I got 1.95 back out of my 15.00... x

microplane

25-11-2007 17:55:10

well paypal voted in my favor but as expected there was no funds to get.

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

canivus

25-11-2007 23:25:31

[quoteca729b238f="microplane"]well paypal voted in my favor but as expected there was no funds to get.

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.[/quoteca729b238f]

the annoying thing is I just saw the idiot's profile on a4f and he was banned as a "returning scammer"...if only I'd seen that before now, and if only the mods would actually ban him to hell!

HeavenOnEarth

26-11-2007 09:09:56

[quote706d57587d="canivus"]

the annoying thing is I just saw the idiot's profile on a4f and he was banned as a "returning scammer"...if only I'd seen that before now, and if only the mods would actually ban him to hell![/quote706d57587d]

Yep, and I'm sure he'll be back under a new name and paypal addy! I doubt we'll see a Refund.. I got the same response from paypal... no funds!!
Our money already went in HIS pocket for xmas! grrr x

hehehhehe

26-11-2007 11:03:41

[quotef53a075dcf="canivus"]the annoying thing is I just saw the idiot's profile on a4f and he was banned as a "returning scammer"...if only I'd seen that before now, and if only the mods would actually ban him to hell![/quotef53a075dcf]
We'll ban him soon enough but like I said he no longer has any no trading priviledges. A ban won't matter in this case because he is most likely not coming back so he could care less. The only thing he can do with his account right now is come back to pay people back, as unlikely as that may be.

referralman

26-11-2007 14:40:54

lmao, hamtaroking is a scammer i also was scammed 20 dollars... got me with the you have less TR..., not to hurt the reputation of this forum but thats the reason i use a pay trading site also...
Doesn't this forum log IP? or anything so we can track this guy and take action...
ALSO NEVER EVER PAY UP FRONT 4 /5 up fronts i used paypal claims because the people take there time once they get funds....
but hamtaroking is my last CLAIM, if paypal had him hooked up to a BANK OR HIS CC cant they track this or anythign???

So he dissappeared cant we TRACK him or something???

referralman

26-11-2007 15:00:07

ALSO, WHAT ARE THE EMAILS HE GAVE YOU TO PAY... SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE MULTIPLE EMAILS TO PAYPAL FOR HAMTAROKING
SO FAR I HAVE FOUND HE USED

email==luvlesseli@gmail.comluvlesseli@gmail.com=luvlesseli@gmail.comluvlesseli@gmail.com/email
email==jacob.nam78@gmail.comjacob.nam78@gmail.com=jacob.nam78@gmail.comjacob.nam78@gmail.com/email

referralman

26-11-2007 15:13:36

Also, if you really want your money back does anyone recommend doing this?

https//complaint.ic3.gov/Default.aspx

level99

26-11-2007 16:26:19

[quote3a74e9b2d2="referralman"]ALSO, WHAT ARE THE EMAILS HE GAVE YOU TO PAY... SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE MULTIPLE EMAILS TO PAYPAL FOR HAMTAROKING
SO FAR I HAVE FOUND HE USED

email==luvlesseli@gmail.comluvlesseli@gmail.com=luvlesseli@gmail.comluvlesseli@gmail.com/email
email==jacob.nam78@gmail.comjacob.nam78@gmail.com=jacob.nam78@gmail.comjacob.nam78@gmail.com/email[/quote3a74e9b2d2]
Yea, hamtaroking used the I have lower TR thing on me too so that I would pay him in advance. Luckily I only paid him half , but that is still $12.50 down the drain. He used email==jacob.nam78@gmail.comjacob.nam78@gmail.com=jacob.nam78@gmail.comjacob.nam78@gmail.com/email on my site.

level99

26-11-2007 16:27:59

[quote1cc326c222="referralman"]Also, if you really want your money back does anyone recommend doing this?

https//complaint.ic3.gov/Default.aspx[/quote1cc326c222]
I have never heard of this. Who operates it? I don't know that I would trust giving them all my info.

level99

26-11-2007 16:31:53

[quotedd901b9bac="level99"][quotedd901b9bac="referralman"]Also, if you really want your money back does anyone recommend doing this?

https//complaint.ic3.gov/Default.aspx[/quotedd901b9bac]
I have never heard of this. Who operates it? I don't know that I would trust giving them all my info.[/quotedd901b9bac]
Actually, I just checked and It is run by the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center so it is safe, but I don't know that they would take this case seriously.

CollidgeGraduit

26-11-2007 16:43:21

[quote8df2aef753="level99"][quote8df2aef753="level99"][quote8df2aef753="referralman"]Also, if you really want your money back does anyone recommend doing this?

https//complaint.ic3.gov/Default.aspx[/quote8df2aef753]
I have never heard of this. Who operates it? I don't know that I would trust giving them all my info.[/quote8df2aef753]
Actually, I just checked and It is run by the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center so it is safe, but I don't know that they would take this case seriously.[/quote8df2aef753]

At my past job, we've tried to turn actual cyber-crooks in to the FBI, and they won't go for anything under $1000. The amount needs to be worth their while. No LE agency is going to put much time into a "theft" of $20. Especially since this gets into the area of contracts, whether one existed between the traders, and whether it was violated. You trade at your own risk. It's very risky.

referralman

26-11-2007 16:58:58

yea thats what i thought, i think one good point to point out to everyone is to make sure GMAIL accounts are ppl that are realiable because i just looked into it and YOU CAN NOT CONTACT ANYONE ABOUT IT
Its heard to email support

But i doubt anyone can help
STILL do you guys log IP's???

level99

26-11-2007 16:58:59

[quote11dc564ad8="CollidgeGraduit"][quote11dc564ad8="level99"][quote11dc564ad8="level99"][quote11dc564ad8="referralman"]Also, if you really want your money back does anyone recommend doing this?

https//complaint.ic3.gov/Default.aspx[/quote11dc564ad8]
I have never heard of this. Who operates it? I don't know that I would trust giving them all my info.[/quote11dc564ad8]
Actually, I just checked and It is run by the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center so it is safe, but I don't know that they would take this case seriously.[/quote11dc564ad8]

At my past job, we've tried to turn actual cyber-crooks in to the FBI, and they won't go for anything under $1000. The amount needs to be worth their while. No LE agency is going to put much time into a "theft" of $20. Especially since this gets into the area of contracts, whether one existed between the traders, and whether it was violated. You trade at your own risk. It's very risky.[/quote11dc564ad8]
Yea, I kind of figured it would have to be a significant amount of money for them to take it seriously.

opy01

26-11-2007 17:13:24

I also got scammed by ckuth. I emailed a mod about it today (10 days after he went red on me) and found out that he got banned the day that I payed him. I wish I was informed about this that day or sooner since that cost me $30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping enough of us could get together and have a total amount of money stolen from us to get the FBI involved. Or does it have to be $1000 per incedent?

CollidgeGraduit

26-11-2007 17:19:35

[quoted069e483e5="opy01"]I also got scammed by ckuth. I emailed a mod about it today (10 days after he went red on me) and found out that he got banned the day that I payed him. I wish I was informed about this that day or sooner since that cost me $30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping enough of us could get together and have a total amount of money stolen from us to get the FBI involved. Or does it have to be $1000 per incedent?[/quoted069e483e5]

There's no set amount. But they won't get involved in this. There's no legal contract involved in trading here.

referralman

26-11-2007 17:33:34

[quote1d511ae380="opy01"]I also got scammed by ckuth. I emailed a mod about it today (10 days after he went red on me) and found out that he got banned the day that I payed him. I wish I was informed about this that day or sooner since that cost me $30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping enough of us could get together and have a total amount of money stolen from us to get the FBI involved. Or does it have to be $1000 per incedent?[/quote1d511ae380]

ya after thinking about it this isnt something that they would be able to really do anything about sure we got scammed but this is not something they can TRACK or anything( NO WRITTEN AGREEMENT)... it would be nice if that person would pay us back, i think that some 1 hacked that account and is just using it...

Also, you need to be more careful where ur putting 30 dollars, never in my life would i give 30 upfront , 20 is the limit! lol.

doylnea

26-11-2007 19:35:21

please resize your sig to fit within the sig guidelines.

opy01

26-11-2007 20:21:30

I got my money back from ckuth!!!!!!!!!!!!! D

I can't believe it. I was in the middle of emailing Paypal and there it was in my account. It came through literaly right in the middle of me typing the email. Before I hit send I checked the account one mor etime looking for another refund and my $30 was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I only need to get my $20 back from the other jerk lol. Of course if I dont at least I have the $30.

referralman

27-11-2007 22:26:00

I have a question for MODS or ANYONE THAT KNOWS, if you start talking to a noob, and they say i want to do your site... they have 0 tr 1 post and stuff is there any way to check this person out.
What would you do?!

sandra habina

28-11-2007 03:27:48

I would chat with them and find out if they know the steps to trading and the rules, and instruct them if needed, work a site that will check your refs out for you before you pay. Or you can pay on approval.

Many of them may be thinking the same about you. So I would chat with them and find out what you can.
It is always risky trading for everyone.

microplane

28-11-2007 09:21:14

Thats why the noobs or anyone for that matter since he claimed to have a TR of 33 has to realize there are alot of good traders paying on pproval cause of all these scammers,and if they especially have a TR of less then at least 4 and demand that you pay on green or the highest bidder,i just pass them by and find someone else who wants to trade and or learn,for those are the serious traders.

izzyr34

28-11-2007 10:12:17

Why can't people just be nice and friendly. Why try to get an easy $$ by scamming someone. its a waste of time and irritating for good traders. JUST BE NICE!!! if scamming continues to increase, soon no one is going to trust anyone, and trades are going to go down. I say this because, alot of people are wanting to pay on approval and not green. thats ok to some point. the problem is that some people take a long time to get approval on a site, and some people want their money right away.

opy01

29-11-2007 06:39:53

[quote1351403b39="sandra habina"]I would chat with them and find out if they know the steps to trading and the rules, and instruct them if needed, work a site that will check your refs out for you before you pay. Or you can pay on approval.

Many of them may be thinking the same about you. So I would chat with them and find out what you can.
It is always risky trading for everyone.[/quote1351403b39]

Do like I am going to do from now on, let them go green on your site then verify the green then pay them after you verify witht the site that they are not going to go red. Of coarse that doesnt mean they will not go red after you verify it since by signing up again to the same site under someone elses ref ID.

manOFice

29-11-2007 07:08:50

[quote673a63073a="opy01"][quote673a63073a="sandra habina"]I would chat with them and find out if they know the steps to trading and the rules, and instruct them if needed, work a site that will check your refs out for you before you pay. Or you can pay on approval.

It is always risky trading for everyone.[/quote673a63073a]

Do like I am going to do from now on, let them go green on your site then verify the green then pay them after you verify witht the site that they are not going to go red. Of coarse that doesnt mean they will not go red after you verify it since by signing up again to the same site under someone elses ref ID.[/quote673a63073a]

The pre-approvals are no guarantee

opy01

29-11-2007 19:05:53

Thats true, but if all you need is that one then hopefully your order will be shipped or ready to ship before they go red. At least you would be sure they didnt go red the next day like what happened to me.

malloney

30-11-2007 09:15:51

Hi guys while I am new here and learning the ropes of the freebie world I have been an online marketer for 2 years full-time. I use Paypal daily and here is how the claim process works

When someone files a claim via Paypal, the recipients funds, (if any in the Paypal account) will be put on hold until the claims have either been paid or the claims resolved. Now the problem is if this guy had some time to scam folks he could have quickly built up a sufficient balance and then drained his Paypal account before the claims started rolling in. Either way your options are limited...

a) If you file a claim before he drains his account you should get your money back or..

b)IF you paid with a credit card you could call your credit card co and scream wolf but that wont work all the time-tell the cc company you nothing about this charge and call it a chargeback.

With any lucrative market you guys these scum will lurk..plain and simple.

zulemara

17-12-2007 09:23:21

[quotea4a5ade33f="jy3"]if paypal refuses to refund your $ and you paid with credit card backed funds do a reversal thru your credit card. i always pay with credit card for things that may not work out well[/quotea4a5ade33f]

oouuu good thought! I have paid all my trades with my CC and been scammed 3 times in the last week. Would I need to wait until the dispute is closed in my favor though?

mculton

02-02-2008 00:36:04

How does one get a green checked out by a site? That would be nice! Thanks

moviemadnessman

04-02-2008 12:34:56

[quote9aafe78100="mculton"]How does one get a green checked out by a site? That would be nice! Thanks[/quote9aafe78100]
Send a message to the site admin/support, asking them to verify the email of the person(s) that you want to check. As stated before, this isn't a guarantee that they can't go red in the future, but it will tell you right away if they already have a conflict with their account.