beware of freebiegal

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70878

adamcoelho

31-10-2007 14:31:12

This person went red on my dell.v-bux site. Luckily i didnt pay them. I would avoid trading with them. I request a ban on them so others dont lose money.

pgilmore

31-10-2007 16:18:58

Ditto on that. Freebiegal signed up for me under the same site - dell.v-bux... went green very fast. I didn't pay yet because it looked suspicious. She's not red - probably because it doesn't go red until approval.

laurelwm

01-11-2007 05:35:09

Did either of you PM a moderator, as required, before posting here?? They may have had a friend or other person sign up for one (although they should have told you) Going green fast is not always suspicious, and dragging someone's name through the mud for no reason is uncalled for, and may get you banned.

PM your trading partner if you have concerns, PM a moderator, then wait until you have justification to post here. Many times, going red does not mean a scammer. The two times I went red, one was the advertisers fault and one was a miscommunication with the site. Both were reversed within an hour of it coming to my attention.

Patience is invaluable around here.

Laurel

hehehhehe

01-11-2007 10:50:23

[quote0977e39db3="adamcoelho"]This person went red on my dell.v-bux site. Luckily i didnt pay them. I would avoid trading with them. I request a ban on them so others dont lose money.[/quote0977e39db3]
Generally, at least PM them first (and not in a rude way) and try to find out what might have happened first. I've never been on hold legitimately but was put on hold once because of the site owner's mistake.

That being said, freebiegal will be banned for various reasons and it had nothing to do with them going red for you.

[quote0977e39db3="pgilmore"]Ditto on that. Freebiegal signed up for me under the same site - dell.v-bux... went green very fast. I didn't pay yet because it looked suspicious. She's not red - probably because it doesn't go red until approval.[/quote0977e39db3]
Can you explain how they seemed suspicious besides how quickly they greened? Generally, unless you have some proof that they are a scammer, you should pay people when you promised to when setting up the trade. If you want to wait for approval to pay unproven new members (like I do), state that in your trade first or else you're breaking our rules.

laurelwm, thanks for bringing some wisdom to the thread.

pgilmore

01-11-2007 15:30:59

Ok well, first the last 2 trades I tried here have not been good experiences. I completed my part of the trades and didn't receive anything. One person didn't pay me and turned out to be a scammer and was banned. The next guy I paid and he didn't complete and has yet to refund me.

As for freebie gal, she signed up on this site the day before she asked for a trade, had no trades and completed extremely fast for the site. I was about to pay but then I checked this forum and turns out she went red for the same exact site. And I got a question, we didn't do TR because neither of our TR is 4 or above. Are we supposed to use TR if we don't have 4 or above?

hehehhehe

01-11-2007 16:37:25

[quote1d744749c9="pgilmore"]Ok well, first the last 2 trades I tried here have not been good experiences. I completed my part of the trades and didn't receive anything. One person didn't pay me and turned out to be a scammer and was banned. The next guy I paid and he didn't complete and has yet to refund me. [/quote1d744749c9]
First of all, I'm really sorry you had bad luck with those two but still, you can't punish the third trader because those trades failed.

[quote1d744749c9="pgilmore"]As for freebie gal, she signed up on this site the day before she asked for a trade, had no trades and completed extremely fast for the site. I was about to pay but then I checked this forum and turns out she went red for the same exact site. And just so you know, we didn't do TR because neither of our TR is 4 or above.[/quote1d744749c9]
Again, a quick green is in no way a signal of a scammer. I don't know what you mean by "she signed up on this site the day before she asked for a trade" as you couldn't have known she signed up to the same site already and you did setup the trade with her by providing the link.

You delayed payment in the morning before adamcoelho posted this thread. The delay is what bothers me, as I don't like seeing traders go back on what they promised. It's not a big deal, you're not the scammer, it's just that I'd like to see better trader behavior in general.

Just some advice-
Since you're still starting out you should've never traded with another >4TR member. You should either promise to pay after approval if you absolutely must, or try to find more experienced members to trade with. Scammers like freebiegal are preying on you guys because you don't use the TR system/rules which is there for a reason.

pgilmore

01-11-2007 16:58:38

I meant she joined freeipodguide on the 29th and then wanted to trade with me the day after. I'd assume scammers would join these type of forums and immediately be wanting to trade - knowing how everything works.

I delayed payment because I didn't have enough in my Paypal account. I transferred when I realized that and I didn't think it would take 3-5 days or that she would go green so fast. But now I know!

dmorris68

01-11-2007 18:12:27

[quotee80b51f2cc="hehehhehe"]Just some advice-
Since you're still starting out you should've never traded with another [be80b51f2cc]<[/be80b51f2cc][/colore80b51f2cc]4TR member.[/quotee80b51f2cc]
Fixt. ;)

hehehhehe

01-11-2007 19:06:21

[quote9076064335="dmorris68"][quote9076064335="hehehhehe"]Just some advice-
Since you're still starting out you should've never traded with another [b9076064335]<[/b9076064335][/color9076064335]4TR member.[/quote9076064335]
Fixt. ;)[/quote9076064335]
oops I can't I believe I did that, especially after that thread we had here long ago about the <> signs.

krayf

02-11-2007 05:47:48

Freebiegal is banned anyway!!? So according to the admins of FIPG, she/he it? was a scammer!

dmorris68

02-11-2007 08:01:21

[quote56dd08c9cc="krayf"]Freebiegal is banned anyway!!? So according to the admins of FIPG, she/he it? was a scammer![/quote56dd08c9cc]
What? There are many reasons for being banned, only one of which is outright scamming, so don't try to speak for the staff here when you don't know the facts. Especially after it was posted above that she was banned for other reasons than this post.