cbs1s Went RED

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=69703

Jeremiah1218

24-09-2007 09:01:46

The trader cbs1s went red on my Flashipods4free site. I did not pay him because he seemed suspicious from the start, but I had the site run a check on his green and sure enough he went red. Just a warning out there to anyone else in a trade with him.

Twon

24-09-2007 09:07:09

thanks for the warning...

krayf

24-09-2007 10:07:19

I've already PM'd a mod about him this morning........ he went RED before he went green on a train site of mine too! Also, he read two pm's of mine with ZERO response.

IMO......There needs to be rule that if someone has just joined the forum in the last week for example if they turn RED we can post here immediately!
As far ruining their reputation......? roll They don't even have a reputation YET! And the reputation they have is not off to a good start anyway.

Jeremiah1218

24-09-2007 10:10:33

Yeah I see his Title was changed to "Don't Trade With Me" so looks like the mods are onto him as well. If anyone has paid him already I would suggest filing Paypal Claims before it gets too late.

LLee93

24-09-2007 12:05:05

I knew this guy was trouble, so I didn't pm him. There's a way I could tell. I won't post it here because I don't want to give it away. I'll tell anyone that pm's. Of course, you have to be a respected trader.

Jeremiah1218

24-09-2007 12:57:18

Its easy to tell, you just look for the poor grammar and broken english. I also noticed that all scammers for some reason don't know how to use a spacebar key after a comma, the message will always look something like this "i green on your site,you pay on green to me,thank you"

LLee93

24-09-2007 13:43:08

[quotee2bebf4862="Jeremiah1218"]Its easy to tell, you just look for the poor grammar and broken english. I also noticed that all scammers for some reason don't know how to use a spacebar key after a comma, the message will always look something like this "i green on your site,you pay on green to me,thank you"[/quotee2bebf4862]

Yes all that is true. However, posting it here lets those slimeballs know what we're looking for. They can then learn what they shouldn't be doing.

Also, am I the only one that thinks the last visit hidden option should be removed or maybe only allowed to users that are proven. What are you trying to hide? To me, it just helps the scammers.

Jeremiah1218

24-09-2007 15:41:28

Yeah I do agree, but they know they have terrible english and I doubt they are going to go out and learn how to speak/type just so they can scam us easier. Also, yeah I do think the hidden option should be removed as I do not see the big problem with people knowing when you were last online, its nothing private.

aviendha47

24-09-2007 19:49:09

[quote78e4b54495="LLee93"][quote78e4b54495="Jeremiah1218"]Its easy to tell, you just look for the poor grammar and broken english. I also noticed that all scammers for some reason don't know how to use a spacebar key after a comma, the message will always look something like this "i green on your site,you pay on green to me,thank you"[/quote78e4b54495]

Yes all that is true. However, posting it here lets those slimeballs know what we're looking for. They can then learn what they shouldn't be doing.

Also, am I the only one that thinks the last visit hidden option should be removed or maybe only allowed to users that are proven. What are you trying to hide? To me, it just helps the scammers.[/quote78e4b54495]

If you're worried about keeping track of a suspected scammer, get a hold of a mod, it's not hidden from them. You're supposed to contact a mod about scammers anyways.