question, need advice

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68757

mellissa

28-08-2007 21:08:29

ok, i agreed to pay on green to someone and added a bonus if done in 24 hrs. next day they pm me and tell me "hey i'm green, send pymt!"
so i check my site to verify their end is green on my site b4 sending pymt. only it shows they only signed but did not do offer, so i let them know this and they sent an angry pm saying that" i needed to check my site again, they are green & if no pymt sent soon will remove this green!"
1st off-i opened a support ticket on site to ask them if they show this person getting a green, bcuz this site shows checks for sign-ups and offers completed and their offer box was empty!-told them they have to wait for sites response before paid, but don't want to get bad rep. here. but if deal is pay on green shouldn't u only pay when their green shows up? i explained may not have received credit for and would help file request if was case but that's when i got angry reply. 2nd- u can't remove your green if u did go green, can u? need some advice, this person does have above 10tr and no negative feedback?

moviemadnessman

28-08-2007 21:26:16

As a former support member, here is what I can tell you. If payment is on green, then you should pay them when they go green. However, it sounds like they don't show up as green, and that the site sides with you. If that is the case, ask the person you are trading with to take a screenshot of their page which shows they are green, as well as the offers that they did. If they are unwilling to provide that, then it will be a good indication that they might be trying to scam you. It will also be good to verify the information with the site support/admin (as the case may be), so that your name can be protected if they are wrong.

As to the second part, yes, you can remove your green from someone in some situations (depends on the site).

I hope this helps, and I hope you can get this sorted out. Also, if need be, contact a moderator on this site. You should actually have done that already, but better late than never.

krayf

28-08-2007 21:30:14

Yes you can remove a green.....

Are you sure this trader signed up through your ref link? Regardless, IMO if he is not showing up green on your site - do NOT pay! This other trader needs to relax... you have done what you can for now. Just wait to hear back from the site and tell the other trader to let the site know what is going on as well. Until it shows green on your end and the site confirms that he should be showing green his word means nothing!

ricopet

28-08-2007 21:30:58

If the site doesn't have them being green yet, you shouldn't pay them. If they have been around for a while, they should know that. What's to keep them from saying "I'm green pay me now" when they really haven't done an offer. Sometimes offers don't even get credited. That has happened to me a few times. Unfortunately, I didn't get paid when those offers didn't green. I just did another one. If this person is on the up and up, they will understand that you shouldn't pay until the green actually shows up on the site.

Hope that helps and if I'm wrong, someone correct me. )

Marie

PrizecarnivalNATE

28-08-2007 21:52:08

I bet they didn't use your link, they probably went there unrefereed. that happened to me and with a good trader, it was just a mistake.

ldybug1752

28-08-2007 23:20:49

[quotee1538b46e8="natedodd"]I bet they didn't use your link, they probably went there unrefereed. that happened to me and with a good trader, it was just a mistake.[/quotee1538b46e8]

She said they're showing up as signed up but not completed any offers, which means they used her ref link.

You shouldn't pay until they are green, but basically everything that MMM said.

biopet35

29-08-2007 07:20:22

YOU STATED THAT THIS PERSON SHOWS UP AS REGISTERED BUT YOU SEE NO GREEN , SO HE/SHE MUST HAVE USED YOUR LINK. JUST REQUEST A SCREEN SHOT OF HIS GREEN AND CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM THE SITE .

PrizecarnivalNATE

29-08-2007 07:36:21

oh yeah, i didn't see that, then they had to have used your link

moviemadnessman

29-08-2007 12:42:48

Also, in regards to your post that you made in the Trainn forum ( http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68764 ), you would get a faster response to this matter if you email=ed them at email=contact@trainn.orgcontact@trainn.orged them at email=contact@trainn.orgcontact@trainn.org/email.

One other thing ... maybe they did an offer, but it wasn't worth the right amount of points? Did the make sure it was a level A offer? Or, if their account is set up on points, ask them how many points they have. As previously stated, though, a screenshot of their progress page should tell you everything you need to know.

dmorris68

29-08-2007 13:56:03

[quoteefbd4396a3="biopet35"]YOU STATED THAT THIS PERSON SHOWS UP AS REGISTERED BUT YOU SEE NO GREEN , SO HE/SHE MUST HAVE USED YOUR LINK. JUST REQUEST A SCREEN SHOT OF HIS GREEN AND CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM THE SITE .[/quoteefbd4396a3]
Please don't shout.

And be wary of taking screenshots as proof, they are very easily faked. If the site rep can't verify the green, then they aren't green.

biopet35

29-08-2007 15:03:46

WHOS SHOUTING? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

skepticalcynic

29-08-2007 15:09:11

I used to date someone who absolutely refused to type any other way except all-caps. I tried many times to explain the netiquette of it to him, but to no avail...

biopet - using all capital letters is considered shouting and can sometimes offend people.

biopet35

29-08-2007 15:33:58

Oh I see.I type that way because it's simply easier for me.

dmorris68

29-08-2007 16:25:06

[quote973729acb0="biopet35"]Oh I see.I type that way because it's simply easier for me.[/quote973729acb0]
Besides the shouting aspect, all caps are much harder on the eyes to read.

biopet35

29-08-2007 16:43:38

is that part of the TOS ? it would seem to me that you have better things to do besides the worries of how someone is typing.

dmorris68

29-08-2007 19:15:02

[quote821924acc9="biopet35"]is that part of the TOS ? it would seem to me that you have better things to do besides the worries of how someone is typing.[/quote821924acc9]
I don't think you need to concern yourself with I have to do, but since you brought it up, one of my responsibilities is to keep tabs on this forum every day, and read most of the posts here, which is hella hard on the eyes when people post in all caps. We were trying to point out, in a pretty reasonable way, a common mistake that internet beginners make and why it's bad. Well, this is why -- it pisses people off. It's internet communications etiquette 101, so get used to it. Unless you just get off on being seen as an asshole...

Sheesh... roll

biopet35

29-08-2007 19:38:17

I ASK YOU AGAIN IS THAT PART OF YOU TOS SIMPLE YES OR NO ?

skepticalcynic

29-08-2007 19:46:21

David, you should make it part of TOS to not deliberately aggravate people.

Oh wait... then no one would be here shock

zr2152

29-08-2007 19:50:06

[quote0217a834b2="biopet35"]I ASK YOU AGAIN IS THAT PART OF YOU TOS SIMPLE YES OR NO ?[/quote0217a834b2]

When a mod tells you something (especially someone who has a great reputation and is very very friendly and helpful), do it.

If you do not, you might not last long here.

Happy trading.

dmorris68

29-08-2007 20:18:35

[quote89f60b68b3="biopet35"]I ASK YOU AGAIN IS THAT PART OF YOU TOS SIMPLE YES OR NO ?[/quote89f60b68b3]
Yeah, you know what? It is, in fact. It's on the TOS that I have written on this coffee-stained napkin here on my desk. Apparently you didn't bother to read it.

See you in 5 days.

/cracks knuckles and abuses power

KeithA

29-08-2007 21:04:46

[quote1c6fdcb511="biopet35"]I ASK YOU AGAIN IS THAT PART OF YOU TOS SIMPLE YES OR NO ?[/quote1c6fdcb511]

Rule #1 on netmanners.com, the authoritative guide to email etiquette
[quote1c6fdcb511="http//www.netmanners.com/courtesy1.html"]
# [b1c6fdcb511]Do not type in all caps. [/b1c6fdcb511]Typing in all caps is considered yelling or screaming online.
[/quote1c6fdcb511]

Consider this your "TOS," and

http//i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/dumbledorexdies/welcome.jpg[" alt=""/img1c6fdcb511]

drocklovesgreens

29-08-2007 21:20:01

There is a fight about using all caps... seems a little...out of wack to me

gambit00x

29-08-2007 23:44:32

[quote1df5a7d2c2="dmorris68"]
See you in 5 days.
[/quote1df5a7d2c2]

He asked for it.

dmorris68

30-08-2007 05:55:51

[quote69ecf11e9d="drocklovesgreens"]There is a fight about using all caps... seems a little...out of wack to me[/quote69ecf11e9d]
Agreed, but he started it. He was politely asked to not do so, then was given an extra reason on top of the shouting one. Then he had to be a smartass and start pressing the TOS issue.

It's unwise to walk into a private home/business/establishment/forum/etc and get attitude with the folks who run the place, just because you refuse to listen or understand when they tell you how to act. You respect the place, or you'll be invited to leave.

I think most people will attest to the fact that I very rarely get ugly with people, but bad attitude towards staff -- who put a helluva lot of time into keeping this place running smoothly with little to no compensation for it -- is something I have little patience for.

Apologies to the OP for taking this topic completely off track. Back on topic, folks...

mellissa

30-08-2007 06:00:40

okay thank you everybody for your input, the situation has finally been resolved!
your advice was much appriciated! D