WentGG and HiGalaxy

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68665

Jeremiah1218

26-08-2007 19:31:41

I am not 100% positive but I think that WentGG and HiGalaxy are the same as Badger, Blueipod, and Ipod2guide. Both of these names have sent me PMs asking to do the same sites from me, and both of them had the same terrible english that we have been seeing from the latter 3. Just a heads up to everyone out there.

WentGG

26-08-2007 19:58:53

Please don't Guess anything if you don't trust 100%
Thank you !

cubbieco

26-08-2007 20:06:21

It is funny that WentGG found my 4 day old trade post to offer to do desktopcomputers4free and yourfreevideoipod. However, I'm the trusting type and I'm willing to go forward with the trade. I'll let you know when I see the greens...

ricopet

26-08-2007 21:29:51

They both just did yourfreeiphone and 360elite4free for me. Those were the only sites they asked to do and they pm'd within 12 hours of each other. Is there someone that can verify them before I pay them? That would be over $100 that I'm not willing to lose at this point.

WentGG

26-08-2007 21:45:55

@Mod, Admin Please delete this topic now )
If anybody show this topic, they never want trade with me )
Thank you

Jeremiah1218

27-08-2007 00:35:06

I am pretty sure its obvious by how he types that he is the same scammer that has been going around for a while now here as well as on other forums. Ricopet, I would ask the sites to run a quick verification of him and if they say everything looks all right then you can pay him if you want, but honestly I would wait until after approval as I am almost 100% certain this is the same guy that has been scamming everyone. If he is not a scammer then he shouldn't mind being passed through an approval process with the site.

Iz

27-08-2007 00:37:49

I agree with jeremiah 100%

He also contacted me the same way with 2 of his accounts on FLR. Both have just been banned tonight.

WentGG

27-08-2007 02:06:50

I know and understand why you want me banned.
I go Green for you and pass approval. So you want to scam me and don't pay for me )) =)) Is that right ?

Taurus-Matt

27-08-2007 04:00:40

For the record...I've been out of the loop the last several days. Was away for the weekend...and for the latter part of last week...was too busy with work to get on much.

Anyway...this trader sent me a PM for 360Elite4Free over the weekend. I haven't bump'ed my trade thread for about five days...and don't even have 360Elite4Free in it anymore...as I've got the necessary ref's. But yet...this new trader somehow knew I was working this site...at one point??? ... roll

I've learned my lesson with these scammers!! I'd suggest everyone be vary wary of this trader! IF IT SMELLS LIKE A RAT... 8)

JayKanish

27-08-2007 04:29:58

[quote3ab57111b7="WentGG"]@Mod, Admin Please delete this topic now )
If anybody show this topic, they never want trade with me )
Thank you[/quote3ab57111b7]

You sent me a message offering to do all my trainn sites (yourfreeiphone, yournintendowii4free, yourps34free, and 360elite4free), but if you weren't a scammer why would you offer to do yourfreeiphone and 360elite4free after you've already done them? Oh, and I haven't bumped my trade thread in a few days so it's pretty far down there.

HeavenOnEarth

27-08-2007 06:06:23

Funny got the same msg he wanted to do MY ps34free and 360elite site!!! sounds to me like this is the same scammer thats been running around FLR, and A4F with usernames ...(freer00m, Lowfood, Daylone, Chocoduck, paypalnmd, ManiMU789...Ohh and many more!! that keep getting banned) but he obviously keeps nabbing a few people before he gets banned, and he Always goes for Trainn sites for the easy green! and keeps coming back!! Just keep your eyes open for this one!!

dmorris68

27-08-2007 06:07:55

WentGG, care to explain to us how you're logging in to FiPG? And please don't say directly from your home browser and ISP without going through a proxy. roll

cubbieco

27-08-2007 07:05:07

Yeah I smelled a rat. I just wanted to hurry and get this exposed by volunteering a somewhat public trade. I pay after the site verifies the person which I expect he would have failed.

drocklovesgreens

27-08-2007 07:36:33

WentGG went red for me
But I hadn't payed him yet

skepticalcynic

27-08-2007 09:38:18

I am NOT offering support for WentGG - but, you guys really can't make a judgement about people who find your trade threads even if you haven't bumped in a while if the link to your thread is in your signature.

(EDIT - yeah I realize not all your links are in your sigs. Didn't pay close enough attention. So I guess I'm just making a general comment.)

cubbieco - good strategy. That's why I concentrate on sites I can turn around quickly with only one ref - then I know within a day usually if something's bad with the ref.

JayKanish

27-08-2007 11:20:16

[quotea873c17d12="skepticalcynic"]I am NOT offering support for WentGG - but, you guys really can't make a judgement about people who find your trade threads even if you haven't bumped in a while if the link to your thread is in your signature.

(EDIT - yeah I realize not all your links are in your sigs. Didn't pay close enough attention. So I guess I'm just making a general comment.)

cubbieco - good strategy. That's why I concentrate on sites I can turn around quickly with only one ref - then I know within a day usually if something's bad with the ref.[/quotea873c17d12]

I'll pretend for the moment that I didn't forget I had my trade thread in my sig. My main issue was the amount of sites he volunteered for up front and the fact that he volunteered for sites he had already done. The thread necro just added to my suspicion.

dmorris68

27-08-2007 11:32:37

WentGG and HiGalaxy both joined about the same time. IP's are different, but WentGG's IP is suspicious and their other patterns are virtually identical. Not only their English speech patterns, but they're both trading profusely for mostly Trainn sites, and the same sites multiple times.

Both have had their trading privileges suspended and titles set to "Don't Trade With Me." If there is not a satisfactory explanation and restitution made very quickly, they will both be banned, so prepare your PayPal disputes...

skepticalcynic

27-08-2007 12:00:17

[quote0b6fa7f9cc="JayKanish"][quote0b6fa7f9cc="skepticalcynic"]I am NOT offering support for WentGG - but, you guys really can't make a judgement about people who find your trade threads even if you haven't bumped in a while if the link to your thread is in your signature.

cubbieco - good strategy. That's why I concentrate on sites I can turn around quickly with only one ref - then I know within a day usually if something's bad with the ref.[/quote0b6fa7f9cc]

I'll pretend for the moment that I didn't forget I had my trade thread in my sig. My main issue was the amount of sites he volunteered for up front and the fact that he volunteered for sites he had already done. The thread necro just added to my suspicion.[/quote0b6fa7f9cc]

I got that, I was just playing devil's advocate twisted
If I don't stir up trouble once in a while, people will forget I'm here 8)

Having said that - I'm always suspicious of trades that seem too easy. It's the cynic in me...

Oh yeah - almost forgot - WentGG also resurrected a brag thread in the COT forum that was almost 2 months old - just to say "congrats" roll

ricopet

27-08-2007 16:01:57

I asked Trainn to do a preapproval on wentgg before I paid him and guess what?????? He went RED......He still keeps asking for payment. Not only does he ask, he asks for it NOW..... I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

Jeremiah1218

27-08-2007 17:20:29

Lol see, aren't you glad you asked them to approve it now? WentGG...it is completely obvious you are a scammer so I don't know why you're trying to deny it. Get a life and stop trying to make things hard for all the honest people out here...also maybe try taking some English classes so you can learn how to effectively structure a sentence, we all know that its you every time and you're a terrible liar.

ricopet

27-08-2007 18:12:58

[quote4324b0ddc7="Jeremiah1218"]Lol see, aren't you glad you asked them to approve it now? WentGG...it is completely obvious you are a scammer so I don't know why you're trying to deny it. Get a life and stop trying to make things hard for all the honest people out here...also maybe try taking some English classes so you can learn how to effectively structure a sentence, we all know that its you every time and you're a terrible liar.[/quote4324b0ddc7]
I think he does the bad English on purpose. He spoke quite good to me. Every once in a while he tried to throw in the "I'm not from America" attitude.

C Barry Smith

28-08-2007 09:15:24

You guessed it! He did 3604free,videoipods and your nintentendowii for me on Sunday as WentGG. As well as the same 3 sites on FLR as LoneFood and DayLone. They have been banned there!

I informed WentGG that he could wait on payment (which is the way the trade was setup) until approval! Haven't heard anything else from this one.

dmorris68

28-08-2007 11:38:43

I think a ban is in order. We normally wait to give them a chance to come clean and pay up, but honestly I think this is another blatant case of stupidity and fraud.

GAJon

28-08-2007 12:04:07

This person spammed me repeatedly in my PM inbox asking if he could trade with me on YourFreeVideoiPods. I could tell he was a scammer from the get-go, but I decided to bait him along and told him I would pay on approval. I got 9 PMs within the next hour asking if I could pay on green because he "very much need money for buy new computer."

What was even more insulting than the amount of my time he was wasting was the lack of credit he was giving my intelligence.

egyptianruin

29-08-2007 12:10:03

I believe this is the same person as Blue Ipod

ricopet

29-08-2007 12:18:56

He hasn't been on since he begged me to pay him and I told him I was double checking his green on the trainn site.

Jeremiah1218

07-09-2007 10:48:15

Well I would like everyone to know that I won my Paypal dispute with this guy, assuming he is the same person as Blueipod, Badger, etc...They were able to recover $76 of the $100 or so that he owed me which is a lot better than nothin. I have heard of some people who have gotten the rest of their money later down the road too, so I hope that happens. Just posting this so everyone out there knows you CAN win disputes and get your money back so don't be afraid to try it on all these damn scammers.