Badgersgpt went Red for using stolen credit cards

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68382

jwalesm

19-08-2007 18:49:10

Badgersgpt went red on sony.v-bux for using stolen credit cards to complete offers.
email= is email=njaimervidi@yahoo.comnjaimervidi@yahoo.com is email=njaimervidi@yahoo.comnjaimervidi@yahoo.com/email
Paypal account is email==ConvertAudio008@gmail.comConvertAudio008@gmail.com=ConvertAudio008@gmail.comConvertAudio008@gmail.com/email

Do not trade with this person!

egyptianruin

19-08-2007 19:25:53

When you look up his paypal info it comes up

About [b6d6aeed95e]donegreen7@yahoo.com[/b6d6aeed95e]
To protect your security, PayPal offers information on the status of this member.
Seller Reputation (0) Verified Buyers
Account Status Verified
Account Type C2 Premier
Account Creation Date Jun. 15, 2007
PayPal Member For 2 months 5 days
Non-U.S. Verified Premier Member (0)

http//www.moneytalkpro.com/index.php?topic=18072.msg187823

File a dispute on him with PayPal. It seems he obviously had his other paypal account put on hold as well.

microplane

19-08-2007 21:21:04

too late for me i already did he did 3 sites for me and so far is still green.His name is phoung something di

microplane

19-08-2007 21:25:43

i filed a dispute and they said they couldn't consider it a proper dispute that it was between us 2 and for me to talk to hin so i sent an email to him

egyptianruin

20-08-2007 07:41:19

I doubt you will get your money back. Also typically non us citizens can't complete a majority of the offers on a site so that should have been your first clue. I guarantee he is from China or Vietnam. Always run a PayPal email they give you prior to having them go green. I have caught a ton of trade fraud on my own accord this way.

nadavl

21-08-2007 09:29:38

He signed up and went green for me on 3604free.com. He was supposed to be my last referral. Today, however, I saw he went red (I submitted the account for approval on Sunday). I will try to get my money back.

jwalesm

21-08-2007 10:33:17

His address information and what he told me are that he is from CA - and the site he did for me is CA friendly.

10 minutes after he finished the offers another member, quoctiep, asked to do the same site for me - I had v-bux check him out because it seemed finish to me and he went red too for the same reason - stolen credit cards.

jwalesm

21-08-2007 10:33:53

[quotecd6a7b997d="nadavl"]He signed up and went green for me on 3604free.com. He was supposed to be my last referral. Today, however, I saw he went red (I submitted the account for approval on Sunday). I will try to get my money back.[/quotecd6a7b997d]

Good luck!

Jeremiah1218

21-08-2007 11:09:40

Great...I just had this guy do 4 sites for me and I paid him like $140...I sure hope he doesn't go red

jwalesm

21-08-2007 11:31:33

I would have the sites check him out right away and try to get your money back. odds are if he's going to go red.

Big War Bird

21-08-2007 12:30:51

This person has been busy on FLR too
http//www.freelunchroom.com/board/showthread.php?t=154957

and A4F

http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108643

Jeremiah1218

21-08-2007 13:36:41

Just to clarify things...if someone does go red and refuses to pay you...does the scammer usually win the paypal dispute or the person being scammed. I have heard mixed things about this sorta situation.

jwalesm

21-08-2007 13:41:07

as long as you have all of your documentation... the PM's used to set up the trade, screenshots proving he went red, any PM's or emails sent to try to resolve the issue, etc. then you should win the claim.

The problem is, this looks to be a professional scammer so his accounts are probably empty by now. Even if you win, if there is no money in the account(s), you wont ever get it back.

Jeremiah1218

21-08-2007 13:46:00

But since he is verified wouldn't they just take it from his bank account? If there is no way to get your money back even after winning a claim then what would even be the point of filing disputes...people could just empty their paypal accounts if they know they lost a dispute.

jwalesm

21-08-2007 13:49:18

I"m sorry - I meant if he empties his bank account, not his paypal account. If the person has no money in their bank account, paypal can't draft it from there to return it to you.

It's still worth a shot though. some people i know have gotten their money back.

jdizzle314

21-08-2007 14:02:01

You will not...the only way the will go in there bank account is if you mark it as like an item.

Jeremiah1218

21-08-2007 14:26:04

well then thats bullshit, you would think that something as advanced and secure as Paypal would do a better job at getting people their money back that have been scammed.

jwalesm

21-08-2007 14:29:56

my brother had the same type of claim and won and got his money back...

dmorris68

21-08-2007 17:38:27

PayPal's official position is that only tangible item transactions are covered by their dispute policy. It clearly states so on their terms.

That said, some people have had luck in getting PayPal claims against freebie scammers approved, while others have been denied. I filed two separate PayPal claims back when I first started trading and was scammed, and was denied for both due to it being an intangible transaction.

But you don't know until you try, so we always recommend you do so. At the very least you have to hope that PayPal will put a note or something on their account in case of future complaints.

topbillin1

21-08-2007 18:10:18

[quotee29d206ebe="jdizzle314"]You will not...the only way the will go in there bank account is if you mark it as like an item.[/quotee29d206ebe]

Paypal won't go in anyones bank account, they didn't get back my 80 back from getting scammed and it was a actual item that I bought from a person that outright scammed me.

Good luck to all you guys that got scammed, it's risky trading these days.

cubbieco

21-08-2007 20:22:49

I got lucky. I refused to pay until trainn verified him, and he failed so I didn't pay him. I got scammed just last week though, unfortunately.

fatboybrock

22-08-2007 17:05:55

[quote98d69790b8="microplane"]too late for me i already did he did 3 sites for me and so far is still green.His name is phoung something di[/quote98d69790b8]

His name is Phuong Bui Thi, and he has been under many names. badgersqpt, ipod2guide, ans I also believe blueipod, beware of the english he uses in pms. I have been pmed by all 3 of these people, and in each one he says " I want to do green for you" Not very good english. Would be quite a coincidence for 3 different people to use that phrease. I have a paypal dispute for $20 I paid him going right now. I don't expect to get my money back, but maybe if enough people dispute him paypal will do something about him. Just look for that type of english if someone with 0 posts and 0 tr pms you.

jwalesm

22-08-2007 17:13:07

He's hit FLR pretty hard and some of them are rallying trying to do something about it with paypal, etc. He has several screen names and email addresses. It sounds like he isn't working alone either...

nadavl

23-08-2007 16:57:35

[quote8fb1f77569="fatboybrock"][quote8fb1f77569="microplane"]too late for me i already did he did 3 sites for me and so far is still green.His name is phoung something di[/quote8fb1f77569]

His name is Phuong Bui Thi, and he has been under many names. badgersqpt, ipod2guide, ans I also believe blueipod, beware of the english he uses in pms. I have been pmed by all 3 of these people, and in each one he says " I want to do green for you" Not very good english. Would be quite a coincidence for 3 different people to use that phrease. I have a paypal dispute for $20 I paid him going right now. I don't expect to get my money back, but maybe if enough people dispute him paypal will do something about him. Just look for that type of english if someone with 0 posts and 0 tr pms you.[/quote8fb1f77569]

I think you're right about him also using the screen name "blueipod," because I also got a PM from this user asking to do two sites for me when I haven't bumped my posts in several days. I was pretty sure it was the same guy when I read the message, and when I asked him if he was the same person as "badgersqpt," he didn't even bother responding.

fatboybrock

23-08-2007 18:18:49

OK, I had blueipod do a green for me, and I asked the site to check it before I pay him. Here is the reply I got.

A user you referred, email==justersenf@yahoo.comjustersenf@yahoo.com=justersenf@yahoo.comjustersenf@yahoo.com/email, has been placed on hold. Your status is not affected when a referral is placed on hold, but they do not count toward your referral requirements. Here is the explanation we gave them

Offer Fraud It has been determined that you have frauded one of the offers you completed. This includes providing false information, early cancellation, or completing the offer more than once.

The following notes were also included

It appears you've completed the offer "Dual Action Cleanse" on our Computer and Ipods site. This is offer fraud. You will remain on hold.

I do believe this is all the same person, Do not trade with blueipod either.

kelbypayday

23-08-2007 18:28:12

BlueIpod and Badgersgpt have gone red for me too on computers.ordergiftsfree.

Unfortunately I paid Badgersgpt ;-( Prob won't see that money back

However I did not pay BlueIpod...I had OGFSamuel check him for me and he is indeed red.

I received the same PM's that FatBoyBrock has

fordprefect

23-08-2007 18:51:45

I figured if I ignored blueipod's pm for a few days his name would show up here. Isn't there a way to ban this guys ip block or something so he can't just keep getting new user names.

B

Jeremiah1218

24-08-2007 01:39:38

Yeah Badger has now went red on 2 of my 4 sites so far...I am hoping the other 2 stay green but it does not look like they will and unfortunately I have already paid him...what is the best way to go about filing a paypal dispute? Like what exactly do I explain to them of why this guy owes me money, do I straight up say it was from freebies or what?