Veritas1970 has gone RED on three sites of mine!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68120

krayf

13-08-2007 14:18:26

I've pm'd a mod (he has not read it yet) about this but wanted to let the rest of you know as well!

I set up 4 trades with this trader and he has gone RED on 3 of them and I'm assuming he will go red on the other one! I pm'd him about this and he never replied so I have already filed a paypal dispute!

I also have heard back from another trader stating that he is RED on their site as well!

skepticalcynic

13-08-2007 14:58:37

[quote0f40f6c85e="FiPG Rules"]DON’T make a scammer thread about someone unless you have exhausted every possible means of communication between you and the other member, have waited the required amount of time to get credit or for the other member to get credit, have contacted a Mod and STILL have not received a response from the other member and/or a green or paypal, depending on the details of your trade.[/quote0f40f6c85e]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[quote0f40f6c85e="KeithA"]Don't open a thread here unless you've PMed a moderator.

If a moderator doesn't reply for 48 hours, PM another one. You can post after 48 hours if the matter is urgent.
[/quote0f40f6c85e]

krayf

13-08-2007 15:57:50

Thanks for the reminder, BUT I'm trying to warn YOU and about 10 other traders from getting scammed as well! If I wait another 48 hours he/she may get many other honest traders.

Sorry if I'm just trying to help others out, but this guy is a SCAMMER and thought some of you might want to know about it before it is too late. Guess I was wrong.

ASharpEdge

13-08-2007 17:06:40

[quotec666bfd532="skepticalcynic"][quotec666bfd532="FiPG Rules"]DON’T make a scammer thread about someone unless you have exhausted every possible means of communication between you and the other member, have waited the required amount of time to get credit or for the other member to get credit, have contacted a Mod and STILL have not received a response from the other member and/or a green or paypal, depending on the details of your trade.[/quotec666bfd532]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[quotec666bfd532="KeithA"]Don't open a thread here unless you've PMed a moderator.

If a moderator doesn't reply for 48 hours, PM another one. You can post after 48 hours if the matter is urgent.
[/quotec666bfd532][/quotec666bfd532]
OH PLEASE!
I have also PM'ed a mod about this trader. I have also had no response either. Sometimes things just need to be taken care of regardless of MOD intervention.

So back to the issue..... [bc666bfd532]Veritas1970 is a SCAMMER![/bc666bfd532][/sizec666bfd532]
This trader has went RED on my Computers.OGF and HDTVMonster. They are not legit in my opinon.

MOD's Please disable this persons abilty to enter into trades and whatever else you feel necessary. We need to try to protect the traders here at this forum from people like them.
Thank You.

Please a message to all traders.... [bc666bfd532]PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE SITE IN THE FEEDBACK YOU GIVE. [/bc666bfd532] This will help us stop thes scammers a little sooner.[/sizec666bfd532]

ricopet

13-08-2007 18:00:00

they also went red on my desktopcomputers. Better to catch them before they hurt others as well. As of today, they are still logging on.

microplane

13-08-2007 18:53:18

he tried to or wanted to do computers.ordergiftsfree the other night.before i set up the trade i looked at his feedback and noticed he had already done it and when i asked him about it he says " Yeah I do it sometimes".

Taurus-Matt

13-08-2007 19:51:26

RED for me on Cash.COT... cry

SCAMMERS ARE KILLING THESE SITES...IT'S A SHAME FOR THOSE OF US BEING HONEST AND FORTHRIGHT!!

Hope they haven't screwed too many of us... wink

amnesiachick

13-08-2007 22:53:29

Yep, Veritas1970 went red on me on computers.ordergiftsfree, also.
Definitely scammer. Glad I am paying on final approval or they woulda stolen my money.[/size86bc546099][/color86bc546099]

dmorris68

14-08-2007 06:29:37

fastgreens and veritas1970 were the same person and have both been banned. They also appear to be the same person as 'nothing' who had 50TR but was trade-restricted awhile ago -- he's now banned as well. These two newer accounts appear to be attempts to recoup trades or retaliate.

What punk, childish, stupid, loser thing to do. roll

Everyone should file PayPal disputes immediately. You probably won't recover funds, but if enough people report him it should draw him some serious scrutiny from PayPal and hopefully get his account(s) frozen. I would also normally suggest passing their info along to freebie sites, but from the looks of things they'll be going red everywhere already...

Taurus-Matt

14-08-2007 07:43:00

DMorris...does them being banned mean they can't even log on? Just wondering because of PM's I've sent to Veritas requesting a refund. Will he not be able to read them? I guess my point is...is my only option a PP dispute...?

Thanks... wink

JennyWren

14-08-2007 08:14:59

Why were you guys paying someone first when they joined a week ago?

Taurus-Matt

14-08-2007 08:16:46

I never paid them first...but did on GREEN! ... wink

krayf

14-08-2007 09:28:51

He did 4 sites for me. I paid on two of them AFTER he greened but left town before he greened the other two. When I got back I had a pm from him on 8/11 that "his paypal account was screwed up" and to send payment to a different paypal address. I immediately saw the red flag so never paid him for those other two greens. Turns out he went red on one of them as well and haven't found out about the other one yet.

So he must have had his paypal account disputed before 8/11. PERFECT example of why we need to post stuff like this BEFORE they get a bunch more of us! When I set up the trades with him he had a TR of 6 or so with positive comments. When leaving TR we all do it before we know they are legit or not. I'm guilty of it too, mainly because some of the newbies want to build up their TR ASAP. Then after we leave positive TR a day or two (maybe even a week) later we found out they are RED. If there was a way we could only leave TR to a newbie (TR<10) once they passed approval (regardless of how we pay them) it would help prevent some of these scammers IMO. Wishful thinking I know, but it is not easy to detect some of these losers.

He has read numerous pm's I've sent including the one just last night. Not sure if he still can log on here or not today though?

I was bored last night and did some homework on this guy. Amazing what you can find out on the internet! wink I found out who he is- where he lives, etc. Can't wait to visit with him! D

dmorris68

14-08-2007 16:15:54

[quote3fed26075c="Taurus-Matt"]DMorris...does them being banned mean they can't even log on? Just wondering because of PM's I've sent to Veritas requesting a refund. Will he not be able to read them? I guess my point is...is my only option a PP dispute...?

Thanks... wink[/quote3fed26075c]
That's correct, he cannot login. Which in this case I don't believe would produce anything, given the depth and breadth of his scamming. Anybody who consciously frauds like that is almost certainly not likely to be willing to refund. Multiple accounts, multiple trades for the exact same site, and when I PM'd one of his aliases to ask him how he was completing the same site multiple times (non-accusatory, just asking how he was doing it), he read it but ignored it. I don't like it when people ignore staff PM's. x

Normally, in cases of "accidental" or "ignorant" fraud we will hold off on the ban and give them every opportunity to refund. And I was prepared to do that in this case, which is why I attempted to contact him first. And then all these red notices started popping up, which is what I was afraid would happen. At that point it was pretty obvious to me that if he was going to be this blatant about it while dodging all questions about how he was trading, things were rotten and weren't going to get better. Therefore I made the executive decision to immediately ban. You all should have his e-mail address and are free to attempt to negotiate your own refunds, but he has stepped way over the boundaries here, and is now gone.

ricopet

14-08-2007 16:48:36

Thanks David.

microplane

14-08-2007 17:19:24

Do.n't know how he did it but i got a PM today--tuesday----from fastgreens

dmorris68

14-08-2007 17:20:44

[quotea17b74b00d="microplane"]Do.n't know how he did it but i got a PM today--tuesday----from fastgreens[/quotea17b74b00d]
I just banned him today.

EDIT He has sent no PM's today. I'm betting you opened a PM he sent previously.

microplane

14-08-2007 17:31:47

the sender column said someone else but the re. said fastgreens here is what it said and the name of who sent it

From jheanellt
To microplane
Posted Tue Aug 14, 2007 1215 pm
Subject Re fastgreens
ok. thanks.

dmorris68

14-08-2007 17:54:48

Umm, yeah, that's not from fastgreens. It's from jheanellt. Re in the subject line means either "reply" or "regarding" depending on the context, in this case the latter. So jheanellt sent you a PM regarding fastgreens.

microplane

14-08-2007 18:13:23

ooops sorry jheanellt

Taurus-Matt

14-08-2007 18:31:31

Thanks for the explanation DMorris68...and I completely understand where you were coming from! Is it just me...or are we in a major scamming season? I joined this forum in mid April...and have had my RED's along the way, but short of one or two...always was able to work a refund. But in the last two weeks...I must have 8-10 RED's all over the place???

Anyway...I appreciate your response! Thanks... 8)

fordprefect

14-08-2007 20:04:08

I just started on the freebie scene a month or so ago and this person was my first ref on a site (not the most encouraging start I must say). He is however still green so I'm wondering if I can still file a paypal claim in anticipation of him going red or do I have to wait untill he actulay does?

Brennan

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

14-08-2007 20:50:36

[quote6a6a299e35="fordprefect"]I just started on the freebie scene a month or so ago and this person was my first ref on a site (not the most encouraging start I must say). He is however still green so I'm wondering if I can still file a paypal claim in anticipation of him going red or do I have to wait untill he actulay does?

Brennan[/quote6a6a299e35]

I would suggest submitting a support ticket to the site asking them to pre-approve him due to suspected fraud. At the same time, I would personally file a paypal dispute NOW as he will undoubtedly go red. Just what I would do, but I'm not a mod here wink

egold

14-08-2007 23:01:19

i'm sad for this.

dmorris68

15-08-2007 06:10:29

[quote9b09d4307e="Taurus-Matt"]Thanks for the explanation DMorris68...and I completely understand where you were coming from! Is it just me...or are we in a major scamming season? I joined this forum in mid April...and have had my RED's along the way, but short of one or two...always was able to work a refund. But in the last two weeks...I must have 8-10 RED's all over the place???

Anyway...I appreciate your response! Thanks... 8)[/quote9b09d4307e]
There have always been scammers in the community, and we've always done our best to limit their affect. Hence the trade module, to not only help you organize and keep up with trades, but make the trade details available to staff here when necessary, so that we can notice trends and things that each of you cannot see individually.

The freebie community, and certainly the FiPG community, has exploded in size during the last 9 months or so, and therefore the increase in scammers would be statistically consistent with that increase. The more chum in the water, the more sharks you attract, basically. It's unfortunate that the world is full of such scumbags, so we must be diligent and careful in who we deal with.

Taurus-Matt

15-08-2007 07:12:31

I hear ya'...thanks for all of the info!!

... wink

cubbieco

15-08-2007 19:44:07

All I can say is that I'm glad that I funded his paypal payment with a credit card. When paypal fails to do something I can just do a chargeback with the credit card.

cubbieco

17-08-2007 07:18:44

OK I initiated a paypal dispute and escalated it to a claim. I figure before I get my credit card company involved I'll let paypal do their thing.

ASharpEdge

26-08-2007 09:51:59

Just got these 2 emails from paypal regarding my claim against Veritas1970

[quotefe6ca6fc46]Dear Cary Bruce Jr,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $43.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.[/quotefe6ca6fc46]
[quotefe6ca6fc46]Dear Cary Bruce Jr,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $63.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.[/quotefe6ca6fc46]
The money was credited to my account within an hour!

All I got to say is [bfe6ca6fc46]YES I WIN!!!!!![/sizefe6ca6fc46][/bfe6ca6fc46][/colorfe6ca6fc46]

topbillin1

26-08-2007 10:55:12

Awesome, what did you say to paypal?

ASharpEdge

26-08-2007 13:31:55

I made sure to include all the information I had. Links to the sites they went red on and links to the scammer threads here. Also when paying someone be sure to mark the payment as "goods" (This includes NON-Tangible Goods and Virtual Goods)
When filing the dispute go to the resolution center and click on report a problem. Then click on item dispute. Then select the transaction you are disputing. Your reason for opening the dispute is "I did not receive anything from the seller". You then will be promted with a box to classify the transaction. You want to choose "Other Non-Tangible Goods" or possibly "Virtual Goods - delivered electronically" Then type in a very detailed description of everything related to this person and the sites and forums that everything took place at.
Good luck to all!

dmorris68

26-08-2007 17:31:14

[quotec78a3cab79="ASharpEdge"]I made sure to include all the information I had. Links to the sites they went red on and links to the scammer threads here. Also when paying someone be sure to mark the payment as "goods"
When filing the dispute go to the resolution center and click on report a problem. Then click on item dispute. Then select the transaction you are disputing. Your reason for opening the dispute is "I did not receive anything from the seller". Then type in a very detailed description of everything related to this person and the sites and forums that everything took place at.
Good luck to all![/quotec78a3cab79]
The problem is that what you are describing is considered PayPal fraud. It is a direct violation of their terms of service. You were fortunate that somebody did not take the time to investigate the claim further, or you could have lost your own PayPal account. You still run the risk of the other person reporting you for it as well.

You did not purchase "goods." There was nothing tangible about the transaction, and nothing to physically "receive" which is what the claim you filed against the seller contends.

While the other person may have scammed you, committing PayPal fraud is no better. Two wrongs don't make a right, and all that. Fraud is fraud, and fraud of any sort is not going to be encouraged here.

zr2152

26-08-2007 19:14:44

What were the emails that they used?

ASharpEdge

26-08-2007 20:27:15

[quoteaea781594f="dmorris68"]You did not purchase "goods." There was nothing tangible about the transaction, and nothing to physically "receive" which is what the claim you filed against the seller contends. [/quoteaea781594f]

Your right I did not purchase [baea781594f]TANGIBLE goods[/baea781594f]. But there is more than 1 type of goods. I forgot the part about cassifying the transaction... I have edited my original post to include....
[baea781594f]You then will be promted with a box to classify the transaction. You want to choose "Other Non-Tangible Goods"[/sizeaea781594f] or possibly "Virtual Goods - delivered electronically"[/sizeaea781594f] [/baea781594f]
Sorry for the confusion...

krayf

27-08-2007 09:08:58

I have recieved my 2 refunds of $25 as well!! D

I had selected service and then non-tangible goods - I believe anyway!

So glad I got my money back from this punk! Hopefully we ALL got or will get our money from this idiot!