poop

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68097

coboda

12-08-2007 19:08:40

poop

sandra habina

12-08-2007 22:21:08

Yes that is very good advice. Especially a trader with little or no TR.

Sometimes when dealing with higher TR traders who are well known and trusted it is the common rule to pay first, but do not do it with a new trader.

Margot530

14-08-2007 17:23:40

[quote99972202ab="sandra habina"]Yes that is very good advice. Especially a trader with little or no TR.

Sometimes when dealing with higher TR traders who are well known and trusted it is the common rule to pay first, but do not do it with a new trader.[/quote99972202ab]

OUCH!!!

$50 upfront? That hurts, and am very sorry that happened to you!

Sandy is absolutely correct; never pay upfront to another trader that not only has a low TR, but also has not established themselves as a trusted person on the forum.

I have seen some traders here for a long time that have a lower TR then me, but they have a wonderful reputation, and developed a level of trust that can't be denied.

As to the rules or rather the way things should work here, the person with the higher TR goes first. That can mean 2 things...

1. The person with the higher TR greens first on a green for green trade.

2. The person with the lower TR may need to pay first to a respectable/respected trader, but most people agree to green prior to getting paid.

Honestly, it is best to wait and see if the person STAYS green...or in other words pay on final approval. That way, no one loses out, though it can take some waiting to get the person their money, an honest trader shouldn't mind.

Personally I have had some experience with him, but he was unable to complete the trade, but was very communicative with me. I wish I could help...it sounds as though you do have most of the info you need on him. I hope he didn't just take the money and high tail it on you.

Margot D

Big War Bird

14-08-2007 18:29:28

Yeah never pay some upfront that has not been here for a long long time. 10TR is not high. I think I would choke on paying Sandra Habina upfront.

jk

sandra habina

15-08-2007 22:40:07

[quote00b4fbf2f4="Big War Bird"]Yeah never pay some upfront that has not been here for a long long time. 10TR is not high. I think I would choke on paying Sandra Habina upfront.

jk[/quote00b4fbf2f4]

Big War Bird - what does that mean dear? I would not make you choke.
I never ask for money upfront. I get paid when I go green or after approval and sometimes I just let it go. Ask my friends dear. lol lol lol lol

Big War Bird

16-08-2007 12:03:44

jk = just kidding

gambit00x

16-08-2007 15:04:47

I'm not too sure of that upfront thing. Recently I was scammed by a couple of people with higher TRs here and on other forums. Nowadays, that's not all you need to look at. Anyone with a relatively high TR and 0 posts gets me nervous. What Margot said was right, look for their level of interaction.

dmorris68

16-08-2007 17:47:11

[quote44102dfdfc="gambit00x"]I'm not too sure of that upfront thing. Recently I was scammed by a couple of people with higher TRs here and on other forums. Nowadays, that's not all you need to look at. Anyone with a relatively high TR and 0 posts gets me nervous. What Margot said was right, look for their level of interaction.[/quote44102dfdfc]
Bingo.

When I was last looking for trades, along with TR I stipulated a minimum post count based upon how long you'd been a member. My first couple of trades here went bad, and believe it or not I had another couple go bad AFTER I became an admin here. I actually believe interaction and level of participation on the forums is a better indicator of character, over time, than TR alone.