Has anyone else been suspended recently? Updated 8/6/07

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67713

LLee93

04-08-2007 05:19:53

Everyone needs to read this & take note.

I was just wondering if any of you have had one of your accounts suspended recently. I've just had my accounts suspended on Sony.vbux & Giftmonkey, & I have no idea why. The vbux account has been fixed, & I'm working on giftmonkey.

The last two weeks have been just horrible as far as scammers & other problems. Are the rest of you having trouble lately?

KeithA

04-08-2007 08:52:49

Did you ask Vbux or Giftmonkey why you were suspended?

LLee93

04-08-2007 09:09:44

[quotea10cac92b7="KeithA"]Did you ask Vbux or Giftmonkey why you were suspended?[/quotea10cac92b7]

I now know why I was suspended. Apparently scammers are messing up everything. They caused my account on vbux to be linked to fraudulent accounts. Thankfully Vbux support got everything fixed. Big thanks to them.

Giftmonkey is a different story. They are punishing me for the actions of my referrals. This is what they told me.

"Hello,

Unfortunately we have received information from our advertiser network that your referrals are using stolen credit cards to complete offers for your account. This is a major violation of our terms and this account has been disqualified. We will not tolerate members trying to take advantage of this offer."

How I can I be responsible for people I don't even know. Everyone needs to be very careful now days. The scammers have gone crazy.

LLee93

06-08-2007 12:24:51

I bumped this for the update & benefit of others.

ldybug1752

06-08-2007 15:03:34

I actually just ran into the same problem on apple.v-bux. I went to submit my order and they told me my account needed to "cool-off" for 7-14 days, because apparently I'm "sending people" who are CC frauders to the site. I don't personally know ANY of the 20 or so refs that have signed up under me. shrug

I do, however, understand that it could look like I'm aware that I'm sending them there. I just hope this "cool-off" period will allow for everything to be sorted out.

Oh, and just for the record, it was definitely never my intention to "send" frauders to the site. oops

LLee93

06-08-2007 15:09:25

[quoteb8e4924bef="ldybug1752"]I actually just ran into the same problem on apple.v-bux. I went to submit my order and they told me my account needed to "cool-off" for 7-14 days, because apparently I'm "sending people" who are CC frauders to the site. I don't personally know ANY of the 20 or so refs that have signed up under me. shrug

I do, however, understand that it could look like I'm aware that I'm sending them there. I just hope this "cool-off" period will allow for everything to be sorted out.

Oh, and just for the record, it was definitely never my intention to "send" frauders to the site. oops[/quoteb8e4924bef]

Vbux support told me that they believe they have the scammer problem fixed. I did those Vbux sites because I thought they were safer. I didn't think scammers would target them since it takes several offers to green. It makes me apprehensive about everybody now.

gambit00x

08-08-2007 00:25:30

[quotebb964faa6d="LLee93"]
Giftmonkey is a different story. They are punishing me for the actions of my referrals. This is what they told me.

"Hello,

Unfortunately we have received information from our advertiser network that your referrals are using stolen credit cards to complete offers for your account. This is a major violation of our terms and this account has been disqualified. We will not tolerate members trying to take advantage of this offer."
[/quotebb964faa6d]

I got the exact e-mail and I was very stunned. I don't know any of the people I sent to the site so I'm waiting to hear what they say.

LLee93

08-08-2007 06:17:44

[quote94cf2e5927="gambit00x"][quote94cf2e5927="LLee93"]

"Hello,

[/quote94cf2e5927]

I got the exact e-mail and I was very stunned. I don't know any of the people I sent to the site so I'm waiting to hear what they say.[/quote94cf2e5927]

Here's their follow up email.

"Hello,

Unfortunately there has been a huge amount of fraud going on lately with referral trading and fraudulent credit card(visa gift card) use. In order to maintain our relationships with our advertisers, we have been forced to take action against those accounts involved.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services."

I asked them to tell me which refs did this so I could avoid them in the future. They gave me nothing. Their support is pathetic. I would advise everyone to stay away from giftmonkey.com.

manOFice

08-08-2007 06:24:12

Offer Centric back to their old ways.....

shokesdogg

08-08-2007 12:03:35

And another one. My account was suspended on giftmonkey because of users with stolen credit cards. I was on the top 10 list of all-time earners and they took me off there too. Go Figure but I did cash in with a 50 inch Plasma, IPOD and about $300 in cash.

WhyPayItsFree

08-08-2007 12:19:38

[quote5edb66e00f="LLee93"][quote5edb66e00f="KeithA"]Did you ask Vbux or Giftmonkey why you were suspended?[/quote5edb66e00f]

I now know why I was suspended. Apparently scammers are messing up everything. They caused my account on vbux to be linked to fraudulent accounts. Thankfully Vbux support got everything fixed. Big thanks to them.

"Hello,

[b5edb66e00f]How I can I be responsible for people I don't even know. Everyone needs to be very careful now days. The scammers have gone crazy.[/b5edb66e00f][/quote5edb66e00f]

It is true that [b5edb66e00f]many[/b5edb66e00f] users have started using prepaid/stolen credit cards/fake information etc, and this has been causing [b5edb66e00f]A LOT[/b5edb66e00f] of problems, with affiliate networks as well as with the advertisers.

I am having the same problem with them and with another company (the user scammed me of hundred's of dollars evil ).

It's sad to see there are so many scammers all around.

gambit00x

08-08-2007 13:13:34

I got the same follow-up email but I asked if they could compensate me to some degree for the non-fraud referrals. I'm waiting to hear an answer.
I understand the scammer issue but this is like throwing out the baby with the bath water, especially when it involves people that have been working on the site for some time and have already cashed out.

LLee93

08-08-2007 14:23:00

[quoted6188bdbf7="gambit00x"]I got the same follow-up email but I asked if they could compensate me to some degree for the non-fraud referrals. I'm waiting to hear an answer.
I understand the scammer issue but this is like throwing out the baby with the bath water, especially when it involves people that have been working on the site for some time and have already cashed out.[/quoted6188bdbf7]

When you hear back from them, post it here because I'd like to know. I mainly want to know who they are so we can all avoid these users, if possible. Thankfully I only lost $39.

sandra habina

08-08-2007 15:49:40

Thankyou Lance and everyone else for the heads up. Wow this sounds like a bad policy to punish your traders for their referrals, we don't know these people. I do not understand suspending the whole account - just put those frauders on hold. WOW

gambit00x

08-08-2007 22:32:09

After a bit of investigative work I believe I've found two (or one) of the culprits. I sent the info to LLee as I saw the names common to both our records of completed trades.
What this leads me to suggest is this
When we write a comment for someone who trades with us, let's also include at least the site that was done. That info could come in handy in tracking down scammers.

gambit00x

09-08-2007 22:20:06

As per my request for compensation, here's the curt response I got

[quotea4ea3eaf50]Hello,

Unfortunately since this is a major violation of our terms, and
subsequently jeopardizes our relationships with our advertisers, your account has been disqualified.[/quotea4ea3eaf50]

dmorris68

10-08-2007 05:39:50

While it's unfortunately, many freebie sites/networks hold you responsible for the quality of leads you send their way. That's why it can be inadvisable to just post your link on MySpace and whatnot.

LLee93

10-08-2007 06:03:05

[quote9b216e6006="dmorris68"]While it's unfortunately, many freebie sites/networks hold you responsible for the quality of leads you send their way. That's why it can be inadvisable to just post your link on MySpace and whatnot.[/quote9b216e6006]

I understand that about myspace & others, but I've gotten all my refs through here. I'm begining to believe they are scamming us. They are not willing at all to help resolve the situation. How can you prevent future problems, if your not willing to help fix the current ones. They could learn a lot from Vbux support.

Admin

10-08-2007 16:22:32

[quotef92f86bdf8="LLee93"][quotef92f86bdf8="dmorris68"]While it's unfortunately, many freebie sites/networks hold you responsible for the quality of leads you send their way. That's why it can be inadvisable to just post your link on MySpace and whatnot.[/quotef92f86bdf8]

I understand that about myspace & others, but I've gotten all my refs through here. I'm begining to believe they are scamming us. They are not willing at all to help resolve the situation. How can you prevent future problems, if your not willing to help fix the current ones. They could learn a lot from Vbux support.[/quotef92f86bdf8]because the damage done to their relationship with their advertiser is of a magnitude so great that they have zero reason to ever even respond to you again.

LLee93

10-08-2007 17:19:39

[quote390bee3c57="Admin"][quote390bee3c57="LLee93"][quote390bee3c57="dmorris68"]While it's unfortunately, many freebie sites/networks hold you responsible for the quality of leads you send their way. That's why it can be inadvisable to just post your link on MySpace and whatnot.[/quote390bee3c57]

I understand that about myspace & others, but I've gotten all my refs through here. I'm begining to believe they are scamming us. They are not willing at all to help resolve the situation. How can you prevent future problems, if your not willing to help fix the current ones. They could learn a lot from Vbux support.[/quote390bee3c57]because the damage done to their relationship with their advertiser is of a magnitude so great that they have zero reason to ever even respond to you again.[/quote390bee3c57]

It's not just about responding to me. I specifically asked which refs went bad so I could post here & tell others. I'm over them banning me, but what about future traders. If they told us which of our refs were bad, we may be able to stop some of them. It's not just about me. There are a lot of potential victims out here that could be helped. That's all I was asking them.

gambit00x

11-08-2007 11:55:54

[quote0c08e2bb3e]

It's not just about responding to me. I specifically asked which refs went bad so I could post here & tell others. I'm over them banning me, but what about future traders. If they told us which of our refs were bad, we may be able to stop some of them. It's not just about me. There are a lot of potential victims out here that could be helped. That's all I was asking them.[/quote0c08e2bb3e]

That makes sense. In their anger, they're not thinking the same people could scam other traders, and potentially them, again.

Heyjude

13-08-2007 18:54:31

I had a problem on a YGF site and it had to do with one trader, I was put on hold and my order denied. I remained calm (this was my very first order, ever and I've been trading since March) so I talked to the admin and asked them if I was willing to just forget about this 'one' referral could I replace her with a different, new referral and have them green to take the place of the green I was going to lose and you know what, they were SO COOL about it and took me OFF HOLD and I had another trader do the site, and they took my order. YGF has been nothing but WONDERFUL when it comes to this type of thing. Does anyone know how we can avoid those scammers? Where do they get these stolen Visa gift cards? how do they do this? I mean, we don't have a mind of a criminal so we can't even imagine what or how to do things such as this; but how are they even getting away with this. When they complete an offer and they put in their credit card info doesn't the offer company get a notice from the credit card company that the card is stolen? I mean I know if there's even a hint of something wrong with my card, it won't take it, so how do they get these to work for them? WHO ARE THESE DAMN PEOPLE? LET'S GO ON A WITCH HUNT AND FIND THEM AND BOOT THEIR ASSES OUT OF HERE...c'mon publish the names of the culprits who caused your mess and let's hang em high. They deserve it don't they?

amnesiachick

13-08-2007 23:11:21

Yeah, I just had a talk with Vbux on the phone last week about some scammers that had been on my account. The weird thing was, they were on my account, greened, and I got paid. Then, somewhere in the month or so since then, they had been moved underneath someone else as their referral and were not showing as my (used) referral anymore. Very weird, definitely not right! I gave Jon all the info I had on those people and he is looking into it. Vbux has been nothing but AWESOME about this. I felt just terrible when I found out about those refs and what they had done, but Jon told me that he'd take care of it and he appreciated the help I could give by giving info on them. Which I happily did! )

It definitely seems the scammers are coming out of the woodwork here lately.

gambit00x

14-08-2007 10:21:46

My account was reinstated after much back and forth and phenom's help.
So now I'm going after some scammer butt!!

WhyPayItsFree

14-08-2007 19:16:50

[quote8f9cb05d7b="gambit00x"]My account was reinstated after much back and forth and phenom's help.
So now I'm going after some scammer butt!![/quote8f9cb05d7b]

How did you manage to get it reinstated?

gambit00x

16-08-2007 14:24:08

I sent them messages arguing my case from different perspectives and I got phenom's help.