Should I be upset?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65889

lootyloot

03-07-2007 19:13:45

I am VERY new to the internet freebie scene but have been getting refs for some time now! One of my very first trades the trader had tr of 20+ so I paid upfront. Well they later pm'd me and said that they did four offers and they weren't crediting... well in the mean time I went and checked and they weren't even logged in under me so I told them the situation and that they could refund my money till they got in contact with the site. Well they refunded and I was fine... then I pm'd them back to check on the status because I hate to leave someone hanging. Well it then turned out that I was scamming them and that I was in the wrong and that they clicked on my link and I must have given them the wrong one? Well I then thought maybe I could get this fixed via the support at the site EVEN though I am being accused of frauding. Well the site says they had signed up on 6/20 for the site... I didn't sign up here till 6/28??? Then I really began to giggle... so I told them the situation and they proceeded to tell me the site was lying and I was frauding... Then the admin also told me they only clicked on one offer??? Hmm... then I have gotten a few more hateful pms telling me to leave them alone as they don't want to deal with a frauder? Does this need to be reported or just leave it alone? Please help as I am new to this part of the freebie world!
Regards,
LL

HVACgal

03-07-2007 20:36:33

lootyloot, I am not quite sure if I got it right but I think I had a similar situation a couple months ago. I had set up a trade in the trade module with the link to display.123stuffforfree and the trader proceeded to confirm the trade and clicked on the link. About 30 minutes later the trader said they were green but when I went to my site I did not see them registered under me. I pm'd the trader and explained the situation. The response completely caught me off guard. This trader proceeded to blame me and said I was pulling some kind of scam on them and that it had to be my fault and I must have put the wrong link in the module. Before I even pm'd the trader I tested the link 3 times and it was my link. I told this person that I was not a scammer and that we needed to send in a support ticket at the site and see what happened and if this person could be put under me. It turned out that this trader had already signed up on their displays.123stuffforfree for another person, but had not completed the green, about 2 weeks prior to our trade. So when they had clicked on my link and put in their info it credited their green to the original person they had signed up under. The funny thing was this trader continued to "YELL" at me through pm's and continued saying I owed them for the trade, until I told them I was pm'ing a moderator and telling them that this trader was harassing me. Finally they got a reply from the site telling them the situation and I finally received a "HUGE" apology.
If this is similar to your situation then you probably need to inform a moderator of the situation before this trader posts something in this forum about you scamming them. I hope all turns out well for you.

moviemadnessman

03-07-2007 22:15:04

As the person who answered the ticket, I can attest that what lootyloot said is correct. They are registered under another user on a date prior to the one that they would have been for looty. However, I don't remember saying they have only clicked on one offer, but I did say that they had done an offer on the day they signed up.

Looty, if you got your refund from the person, then I would probably say to let the issue go. It would have been better to talk to a mod first, but since no names were mentioned, no harm is done.

krayf

03-07-2007 23:12:23

[quote6c6b1b77f5="moviemadnessman"]As the person who answered the ticket, I can attest that what lootyloot said is correct. They are registered under another user on a date prior to the one that they would have been for looty. However, I don't remember saying they have only clicked on one offer, but I did say that they had done an offer on the day they signed up.

Looty, [b6c6b1b77f5]if you got your refund from the person, then I would probably say to let the issue go[/b6c6b1b77f5]. It would have been better to talk to a mod first, but since no names were mentioned, no harm is done.[/quote6c6b1b77f5]

Totally agree in this situation........ this has happened to me as well. Chalk it up as a very rare experience - no real harm done!

lootyloot

04-07-2007 11:22:26

Thanks... yes that is what Bill said... one offer done on 6/20 and then others on 6/28! Sorry! That is how rumors get started! LOL... definatly would not mention names just making sure I was doing this whole internet jazz right! It is hectic! YGF has been awesome through all of this! Well I am just going to go on as long as I recieve no more hateful pms! Again Thanks to all who responded. HV yes that is very similar!
LL