Watch out for Mr_Black !!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65792

Chrscott22

02-07-2007 12:46:10

Set up a trade with him on 5/27 for 360elite4free.com. Paid him the $25 upfront because of his TR. Well after over a month of excuses, lies and terrible communication I still don't have my green and he refuses to refund my money. He told me he'd submit for manual credit which he's never done, he told me he'd do another offer which he never did and now his excuse is he's not gonna do an offer because even if he does it I'll still file a paypal claim to get my money back roll . Not to mention he claims he spent money on an offer but told me he did Stamps.com

Him saying he'd submit for manual on 6/13

http//www.mypicstop.com/paypal6.jpg[" alt=""/img33ce111bbe]

Him saying he'd do another offer on 6/21

[img="33ce111bbe]http//www.mypicstop.com/paypal1.jpg[" alt=""/img33ce111bbe]

liTodayli Trainn CustCare doesn't have record of him doing either one

[img="33ce111bbe]http//www.mypicstop.com/paypal55.jpg[" alt=""/img33ce111bbe]

kidd2108

02-07-2007 13:00:08

He's a site owner, but they kinda scammed. Anyways, you need to contact a mod to get this resolved.

zr2152

02-07-2007 13:26:24

He is back now has TSIF ADMIN or somethign along those lines. He runs the site called thisstuffisfree.com

He just got back into the game and is trying to get his site up and running. You might want to talk to a mod first though.

weebles_five

02-07-2007 13:35:18

I have contacted a mod as I also am having trouble. Hopefully we will be able to get this resolved with everyone. (

Chrscott22

02-07-2007 13:39:14

Is there a specific mod i should contact??

KeithA

02-07-2007 13:58:41

I'm dealing with him.

mr_black

08-07-2007 23:06:10

[quote0d15da2d18="Chrscott22"]liTodayli Trainn CustCare doesn't have record of him doing either one [/quote0d15da2d18]
Obviously they dont have a record of me doing it, if they did they would have credited it no? Offers dont credit sometiems fact of life in this community.

[quote0d15da2d18="Chrscott22"] and now his excuse is he's not gonna do an offer because even if he does it I'll still file a paypal claim to get my money back roll .[/quote0d15da2d18]
im green and he has a paypal dispute against me ive pm'd him and i know he was last on on the 8th (today) and he has not canceled it...now what? he is doing exactly what i thought he would do.
[img0d15da2d18]http/" alt=""/img220.imageshack.us/img="220/6799" alt=""/imgreenma1.th.gif[/img0d15da2d18][=http//img="220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgreenma1.gif][img0d15da2d18]http/" alt=""/img220.imageshack.us/img="220/6799" alt=""/imgreenma1.th.gif[/img0d15da2d18]

KeithA

09-07-2007 06:35:26

Chrscott22, you need to cancel your PayPal dispute if he has greened for you (and it appears that he has).

Chrscott22

09-07-2007 07:35:25

[quote4c321fdcbd="KeithA"]Chrscott22, you need to cancel your PayPal dispute if he has greened for you (and it appears that he has).[/quote4c321fdcbd]

His "42 days later" green is no use to me now. I even said on 7/2 that if I didn't have a green within 48hrs I would be filing a paypal claim. Just like any other time he didn't respond so the claim was filed.

moviemadnessman

09-07-2007 08:21:40

[quote347693a54d="Chrscott22"][quote347693a54d="KeithA"]Chrscott22, you need to cancel your PayPal dispute if he has greened for you (and it appears that he has).[/quote347693a54d]

His "42 days later" green is no use to me now. I even said on 7/2 that if I didn't have a green within 48hrs I would be filing a paypal claim. Just like any other time he didn't respond so the claim was filed.[/quote347693a54d]Did your trade with him specify a timeframe that the trade had to be completed in? If there was no time frame explicitly stated in the trade module, and he is green, then you cannot take your money back.

Chrscott22

09-07-2007 08:57:44

[quote78eba673e1="moviemadnessman"]
Did your trade with him specify a timeframe that the trade had to be completed in? If there was no time frame explicitly stated in the trade module, and he is green, then you cannot take your money back.[/quote78eba673e1]

So if someone set up a trade with you, paid you upfront but didn't say "green within xxx" in the trade module you think it's fair for you to go green almost a month and a half later with no effort or communication inbetween??? This is an issue of common decency. So what if one of your referrals went red but you didn't put "i get my money back if red" in the trade??? Does he get to keep it cause you didn't put it in or would common sense say that you get your money back??

tylerc

09-07-2007 09:24:15

Whether or not it's of no use to you is irrelevant, if he greened, stop the dispute. Odds are you wouldn't win anyway, even if your claim was legitimate.

Chrscott22

09-07-2007 09:40:31

[quote4665fb1d6d="tylerc"]Whether or not it's of no use to you is irrelevant, [/quote4665fb1d6d]

Actually it is relevant since I told him i'd rather my money back since he wasn't making an effort to green. And this was weeks ago but he chose to hold the money hostage.

kidd2108

09-07-2007 10:59:45

Im not taking sides, but wouldnt Chrscott be right? He did attempt to cancel the trade and their was no response for a while...

moviemadnessman

09-07-2007 11:48:58

[quotea41a3215c5="Chrscott22"][quotea41a3215c5="moviemadnessman"]
Did your trade with him specify a timeframe that the trade had to be completed in? If there was no time frame explicitly stated in the trade module, and he is green, then you cannot take your money back.[/quotea41a3215c5]

So if someone set up a trade with you, paid you upfront but didn't say "green within xxx" in the trade module you think it's fair for you to go green almost a month and a half later with no effort or communication inbetween??? This is an issue of common decency. So what if one of your referrals went red but you didn't put "i get my money back if red" in the trade??? Does he get to keep it cause you didn't put it in or would common sense say that you get your money back??[/quotea41a3215c5]Technically in that situation, he would have failed to do his end, so they would be obliged to return my money.

However, while you would think it would be common courtesy for you to pay someone and then have them complete the task within a reasonable amount of time, in all technicality it sounds like you never specified a timeframe. Granted, I think it is absurd that it should take a month and a half, but in the end it sounds like you got your green. If you push your paypal dispute and win (getting your money back), then you would have gotten a green for free and not kept your part of the trade.

Call me old fashioned like that, but as much as it sucks that you had to wait so long, you got your green, and they have their money. No need to fight about it any more, don't you think?

mr_black

09-07-2007 14:09:39

[quote1c9d1c63ec="Chrscott22"][quote1c9d1c63ec="moviemadnessman"]
Did your trade with him specify a timeframe that the trade had to be completed in? If there was no time frame explicitly stated in the trade module, and he is green, then you cannot take your money back.[/quote1c9d1c63ec]

So if someone set up a trade with you, paid you upfront but didn't say "green within xxx" in the trade module you think it's fair for you to go green almost a month and a half later [b1c9d1c63ec]with no effort or communication inbetween[/b1c9d1c63ec]??? This is an issue of common decency. So what if one of your referrals went red but you didn't put "i get my money back if red" in the trade??? Does he get to keep it cause you didn't put it in or would common sense say that you get your money back??[/quote1c9d1c63ec]

yea so PMs obviously arent any form of communication, and just because you said 48hrs didnt mean that was the case i told Keith i would green by sat which i did, nuff said.

[quote1c9d1c63ec="kidd2108"]Im not taking sides, but wouldnt Chrscott be right? He did attempt to cancel the trade and their was no response for a while...[/quote1c9d1c63ec]

i responded to every PM he sent me and he never asked to cancel the trade, he asked for his money back and i refused because I didnt want to lose a potential site, and told him I would green which i did, he even told me that it was ok that i would green cuz he could get another controller

Chrscott22

09-07-2007 14:32:53

[quotee55c51bf3a="mr_black"]
yea so PMs obviously arent any form of communication, and just because you said 48hrs didnt mean that was the case i told Keith i would green by sat which i did, nuff said.[/quotee55c51bf3a]

Lol, i kinda figured me saying you had 48 hours didn't mean anything to you. After I paypal'd you the money up front it was pretty obvious nothing i said or did meant anything to you cause you had your money and that's all that mattered. You made no efforts until I made the paypal complaint.

[quotee55c51bf3a]
and he never asked to cancel the trade, he asked for his money back[/quotee55c51bf3a]

Ok....... what's the difference?? roll

[quotee55c51bf3a]
[be55c51bf3a]he even told me that it was ok that i would green cuz he could get another controller[/be55c51bf3a][/quotee55c51bf3a]

Lol, that was a month ago!!!

mr_black

10-07-2007 16:15:05

[quote96c0fcaa7a="Chrscott22"][quote96c0fcaa7a="mr_black"]
yea so PMs obviously arent any form of communication, and just because you said 48hrs didnt mean that was the case i told Keith i would green by sat which i did, nuff said.[/quote96c0fcaa7a]

Lol, i kinda figured me saying you had 48 hours didn't mean anything to you. After I paypal'd you the money up front it was pretty obvious nothing i said or did meant anything to you cause you had your money and that's all that mattered. You made no efforts until I made the paypal complaint.

[quote96c0fcaa7a]
and he never asked to cancel the trade, he asked for his money back[/quote96c0fcaa7a]

Ok....... what's the difference?? roll

[quote96c0fcaa7a]
[b96c0fcaa7a]he even told me that it was ok that i would green cuz he could get another controller[/b96c0fcaa7a][/quote96c0fcaa7a]

Lol, that was a month ago!!![/quote96c0fcaa7a]

yea june 16th was a month ago i guess i forgot how days work. look im not gonna argue with you. you have you green period, so cancel the dispute.

laurelwm

10-07-2007 18:50:32

Chrscott22, if you did not specify a time limit in the trade module, you can NOT take your money back. If he was out of communication for more than 14 days, you should have sent a PM saying that you were cancelling your trade because he was out of contact 14 days, which is allowed in the rules, but if you did not cancel and he went green you owe him the money, whether you waited for his green or not. Next time I would suggest putting a time limit in the trade description.

Laurel

Chrscott22

10-07-2007 19:29:23

[quotef952c89228="laurelwm"]Chrscott22, if you did not specify a time limit in the trade module, you can NOT take your money back. If he was out of communication for more than 14 days, you should have sent a PM saying that you were cancelling your trade because he was out of contact 14 days, which is allowed in the rules, but if you did not cancel and he went green you owe him the money, whether you waited for his green or not. Next time I would suggest putting a time limit in the trade description.

Laurel[/quotef952c89228]

Better yet next time I just won't pay upfront cause people like you who play the "you didn't specify a time so I'll go green whenever I feel like it" role against me. I just assumed that most people here were considerate enough to give me what I paid for in a reasonable time. You guys definately proved that wrong. There is absolutely no doubt that this situation would have never happened had I not paid upfront.

lootyloot

10-07-2007 19:42:03

Well I gues that if we went by respect he would have done the green quickly regardless of the rules. Yet I know both sides have true cases yet I feel out of respect if it took over a month to green he should willingly offer a refund! I would be very upset to wait one month for one green!
LL

zr2152

10-07-2007 21:05:55

I believe that there was a rule stating something along the lines of if someone is out of contact for more than 14 days, then the trade should be cancelled and money refunded.

I believe this was in effect back in the fall, maybe a mod can verify it.

mr_black

10-07-2007 22:34:56

[quote038d802106="zr2152"]I believe that there was a rule stating something along the lines of if someone is out of contact for more than 14 days, then the trade should be cancelled and money refunded.

I believe this was in effect back in the fall, maybe a mod can verify it.[/quote038d802106]
thing is, i was never out of contact for 14 days

Chrscott22

11-07-2007 02:47:33

[quotef836a7c2fe="mr_black"]
thing is, i was never out of contact for 14 days[/quotef836a7c2fe]

Yea, you were out of contact for 13 days and even then on the 14 all you did was send me some BS that you were going to submit for manual credit, which was proven to be a complete lie. Apparently you sent that just to be able to say "I was never out of contact for 14 days"

Hopefully this will serve as a warning to anyone wanting to trade with Mr_Black to make sure you think of every possible situation that can go wrong and make sure you have a list of terms and conditions of the trade for him cause as you can see it's not as simple as the common sense "I pay you for a green and you green for me asap" that you get with the respectful and considerate members here. Also, notice how he hasn't addressed the fact that he lied to me and told me he'd submit for credit, and he lied to me about him going to do another offer. Most people would refund your money if they couldn't green for you in a reasonable time or they would make a valid effort to green in a reasonable time. He is not one of those people. Hope you enjoy the money you Fliliked me out of......

Just one question?? Do you really think it's fair for anyone to have to wait 40+ days for a green that they paid for??

weebles_five

11-07-2007 04:54:29

In response to the question...no. cry

weebles_five

01-08-2007 05:56:29

I was refunded my money that I paid upfront as he wasn't able to get credit for the offer he did.

Thank you!

Chrscott22

03-08-2007 21:23:32

[quotea12acb02df="weebles_five"]I was refunded my money that I paid upfront as he wasn't able to get credit for the offer he did.

Thank you![/quotea12acb02df]

Glad to see you got made whole again, I wasn't so lucky. I notice he hasn't been back to answer my question cause he knows he fliliked me over.

[quotea12acb02df="Chrscott22"]
Just one question?? Do you really think it's fair for anyone to have to wait 40+ days for a green that they paid for??[/quotea12acb02df]