prestony889

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64094

KeithA

09-06-2007 14:27:35

First, he had his PM privileges suspended for spamming. Instead of using email or AIM, he created a second account to contact people, for which he was temp-banned.

While he was temp-banned, he created a third account (Meredith73) which he used to continue to contact people, despite my previous warning that he should have been permanently banned for creating a second account.

And on top of that, he's trying to inflate his TR with the Meredith73 account. Nevermind that he already has one of the highest trade records on the forum.

So he was permanently banned for considering himself above the rules. It is a shame that someone who had such a good trade record insisted on such idiocy, but we have never been ambiguous about our policy on multiple accounts or TR inflation.

manOFice

09-06-2007 14:30:01

He had a good TR but was still a n00b

Tholek

09-06-2007 14:39:15

Shame.

Give me his TR.

prestony

10-06-2007 10:07:55

[quote4124385c27]First, he had his PM privileges suspended for spamming. Instead of using email or AIM, he created a second account to contact people, for which he was temp-banned.

While he was temp-banned, he created a third account (Meredith73) which he used to continue to contact people, despite my previous warning that he should have been permanently banned for creating a second account.

And on top of that, he's trying to inflate his TR with the Meredith73 account. Nevermind that he already has one of the highest trade records on the forum.

So he was permanently banned for considering himself above the rules. It is a shame that someone who had such a good trade record insisted on such idiocy, but we have never been ambiguous about our policy on multiple accounts or TR inflation.[/quote4124385c27]

High Keith your whole statement is entirely not true!
First off Meredith73 is my girlfriend and I am trying to get her to start trading so far she has done four Greens for me and now I’m try to teacher her how to compete sites, she has already completed candy.ordergiftsfree for $120. Why would I care about 4 trade points???? have 260 ?

Second, I set her screen name up way before I was even temp banned (check the join date) I set her up back when I completed my first site, which was gaming.free4me.

Third, [quote4124385c27]First, he had his PM privileges suspended for spamming. Instead of using email or AIM, he created a second account to contact people, for which he was temp-banned. [/quote4124385c27]
How am I going to email or aim people if I can't PM them to get there contact information, because almost every newbie does not have any of that information in there profile.

Fourth, I didn’t even know I was doing anything wrong when you temp banned me. When I was new people would send me PM's all the time asking me if I wanted to trade and I never thought anything of it, I would just read there PM’s see what they had to say and then close it. So if all those people did it how was I supposed to I was doing something wrong.
All I'm saying is a little warning would have been nice, so you could have at least clued me in that I was doing something wrong, rather then just temp-banning me having 20 pissed at me wondering why there not getting paid!

Keith you can believe what you want but I feel I did nothing wrong to get myself banned from the site and I think it is pretty messed-up that I have to build my rep up all over again just because I'm trying to teach my girlfriend (Meredith) how to trade.

KeithA

10-06-2007 10:49:03

[quotea8f0375afe="prestony"]High Keith your whole statement is entirely not true!
First off Meredith73 is my girlfriend and I am trying to get her to start trading so far she has done four Greens for me and now I’m try to teacher her how to compete sites, she has already completed candy.ordergiftsfree for $120. Why would I care about 4 trade points???? have 260 ?

Second, I set her screen name up way before I was even temp banned (check the join date) I set her up back when I completed my first site, which was gaming.free4me.[/quotea8f0375afe]

True, you did set up her account a few weeks before your PMs were suspended and you were temp-banned. I was wrong about when you actually registered the account, but that point is mostly irrelevant since multiple accounts aren't allowed anyway.

She registered from the same IP address you did, and her only trades were with you. This was her only PM

[quotea8f0375afe="Meredith73"]Hey this is prestony889, they revoked me from PMing for 5 days because some jack%li& said I was spaming when I was just Trying ot help other people out so they don't get scammed a bunch of times like I did!!
You can still PM me but I can only reply on this screen name, so deff let me know when you ready to trade becuase I have so easy step that will get you going in no time Very Happy[/quotea8f0375afe]

As for your motive, I don't know whether you cared about the extra 4 TR points, just wanted to see if you could get away with it, or actually wanted to help your girlfriend. But given how well-known the rules about multiple accounts and common IP addresses are, it seems incredible that you

a) registered her from the same IP address you use;
b) sent PMs from her account; and
c) had her trade with you and nobody else.

The only evidence that the other account is your girlfriend's is your word, and the evidence to the contrary is documented above.

[quotea8f0375afe="prestony"]Third, How am I going to email or aim people if I can't PM them to get there contact information, because almost every newbie does not have any of that information in there profile.[/quotea8f0375afe]

I assume you meant [ia8f0375afe]their[/ia8f0375afe] contact information, but I digress.

Every user's registered email address is in his or her profile. You also could have asked another user to PM the people you were trading with on your behalf, or you could have updated your trading thread or made a new thread in one of the highly-trafficked areas of the forum asking traders to contact you. Instead of stopping for a moment to think, you decided to try to outsmart everyone by creating another account (prestony[ba8f0375afe]2[/ba8f0375afe]89--real subtle!).

[quotea8f0375afe="prestony"]Fourth, I didn’t even know I was doing anything wrong when you temp banned me. When I was new people would send me PM's all the time asking me if I wanted to trade and I never thought anything of it, I would just read there PM’s see what they had to say and then close it. So if all those people did it how was I supposed to I was doing something wrong.

All I'm saying is a little warning would have been nice, so you could have at least clued me in that I was doing something wrong, rather then just temp-banning me having 20 pissed at me wondering why there not getting paid![/quotea8f0375afe]

On April 28th, I created a thread (linked to in my signature) about PM spam. It was warning to the entire forum that we were cracking down.

On May 17th, I suspended your PM-sending privileges for 5 days and linked you to that thread. That should have been the end of all of this.

Instead, the next day I caught your second account (prestony289). That's why you were temp-banned for trying to circumvent the punishment everyone else who spams receives. You should have known better--as I said, we've never been ambiguous about our policy regarding second accounts.

When I caught the Meredith73 account, it was the last straw.

Ignorance of the rules doesn't exempt you from following them. At every step of this whole thing, you could have politely asked me or another moderator what you could do to solve the issues. Instead, for the fourth time, you've created another account and gotten yourself banned.

prestony

10-06-2007 12:43:18

This is ridiculous, my girlfriend lives with me of course its going to be the same IP address. My brother also made one on this same computer, is he going to get banned to? If I really wanted to fake boost my TR I would have set up fake trades with him.

You are making this forum extremely to complicated, hard to keep up with, and to stricked. You expect someone to click on your signature links everyday just to see if you made any new KeithA rules

You really need to lighten up and let a good trader continue trading

KeithA

10-06-2007 14:01:30

None of the mods creates rules without first consulting the group of mods. The PM rule arose in response to a multitude of complaints from new users that felt they were being taken advantage of during their vulnerable first few days on the forum, and we agreed.

Additionally, I am not unique in my distrust of users that send PMs from and trade with accounts that originate in the same household. In fact, any freebie site would promptly disqualify you if your referral completed offers from within the same household.

All that said, I have asked the other moderators to review your case and state their opinions so that you can be assured that I am not deciding unfairly.

prestony

12-06-2007 16:54:53

[quotebcf4a8d5ef]In fact, any freebie site would promptly disqualify you if your referral completed offers from within the same household. [/quotebcf4a8d5ef]

That is so the companies won't get cheated and get money stolen from them, these forums are made for one to get in contact with other users that are interested in freebie sites. How does a person that lives with me that also has a screen name on Fipg have anything to do with someone on the forum being cheated or having money stolen from them? In that case what does it have to do with me being banned!! x

moviemadnessman

12-06-2007 17:01:49

[quote8a99afd4f2="prestony"][quote8a99afd4f2]In fact, any freebie site would promptly disqualify you if your referral completed offers from within the same household. [/quote8a99afd4f2]

That is so the companies won't get cheated and get money stolen from them, these forums are made for one to get in contact with other users that are interested in freebie sites. How does a person that lives with me that also has a screen name on Fipg have anything to do with someone on the forum being cheated or having money stolen from them? In that case what does it have to do with me being banned!! x[/quote8a99afd4f2]Here is my theory on that. You have multiple accounts here (at least, that's what the IP addresses say). You then start making trades with these accounts, getting Tr on both (which may or may not be yours). So what happens now is there are multiple accounts from your IP with high TR levels, allowing them to get people to be their refs, and also having a trade thread per account. From all the mods can see, the accounts are all yours, which implies that you are trying to fraud the system.

I'm not saying that you are, I'm simply explaining what the person was saying with the line that you quoted.

prestony

12-06-2007 19:13:30

That’s why I am so mad, because my account is the only one with TR. Mereidth73 (my girlfriend)only has 2 TR my brother has 0 I have 261 so what is the deal with banning me because I'm trying to fake build my TR (WTF) idea

BLUETHUNDER01071973

17-06-2007 01:13:24

ok so i have a trade i did with prestony and now i get nothin (wtf) is right.

prestony

18-06-2007 07:40:52

[quotee2add932ff]ok so i have a trade i did with prestony and now i get nothin (wtf) is right.[/quotee2add932ff]

Hey sorry man, since keith banned me I can't see me my trades any more so I can't tell who I traded with or any information about the trader.

So PM me Prestony, with the email you signed up with, what site you did, and your paypal address, and I will pay you ASAP! D

condra

18-06-2007 08:32:39

hum since your GF has the same ip, how is she doing sites for you ?

stewart3707

27-06-2007 13:08:51

Man Prestony, I hate to hear all the problems you are having! Hey everyone, I did my first few trades with him and he was very helpful and paid promptly, he's a good guy! I've been scammed on here by others but not from him, he's a good trader, I hope you guys let him back on! Good luck!

BLUETHUNDER01071973

30-06-2007 20:47:26

i also had a trade with prestony, and with all the trouble he is going thru i still got paid. so i hope u all can work this out...