Resolved

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61962

gmario

11-05-2007 15:11:19

klkl

DIABLO

11-05-2007 15:12:57

Nobody with that name in Hampton, VA, weird...

moviemadnessman

11-05-2007 15:15:50

You could always try waiting for him to get back to you on that ... I don't know when you talked to him last night, but it sounds like it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. It is strange for the info to change, but I think having a little patience and waiting for him to respond to your support ticket would be the first step...

Hopefully it gets fixed; I think I would be surprised if it didn't get sorted out.

gmario

11-05-2007 15:19:08

[quote6945da260b="moviemadnessman"]You could always try waiting for him to get back to you on that ... I don't know when you talked to him last night, but it sounds like it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. It is strange for the info to change, but I think having a little patience and waiting for him to respond to your support ticket would be the first step...

Hopefully it gets fixed; I think I would be surprised if it didn't get sorted out.[/quote6945da260b]

He replied to my support ticket with this

"Actually, there was was never any information changed. The script alerts us whenever information is changed and as of right now, the current info is the one you signed up with. Why is it different that the w9 you provided?"

After he sent me this i logged on into my Admin panel and i checked that the only way to edit users name was threw the Admin panel, i sent him a ticket about that and he didnt reply after that, but was quick to reply to my other one asking why my info was changed wink
[b6945da260b]
He also read my PM's here and didn't reply to the last 2 i sent him also[/b6945da260b][/size6945da260b]

moviemadnessman

11-05-2007 15:24:24

Sometimes things happen ...

Like I said, I'm not sure he would start scamming now, but all the same, I hope you get all this taken care of. )

gmario

11-05-2007 15:26:03

[quote3c96e8c3b8="moviemadnessman"]Sometimes things happen ...

Like I said, I'm not sure he would start scamming now, but all the same, I hope you get all this taken care of. )[/quote3c96e8c3b8]

Yea he stated that information was not changed on the script you can edit info on account and it wont give you a warning, and why a fake phone number, and fake name all of the sudden appear after i sent my W9 ?

By the way I'm going crazy cuz he asked me to send him my W9 before all this happen, and now he has my W9 what happens if he uses my info now?????[/size3c96e8c3b8]

patrick_7412

11-05-2007 18:01:22

I find this to be completely stupid. I know Mario very well, and we were talking on AIM as this was happening.

After a while, we got the PW recovery thing to work, and then he decided to change all of his passwords. He noticed it said a different name after he finished and logged in, and I told him that can't be his account then. He knew it was, and I told him (from having the script with him and knowing all about it) that the only way to change a name is too login into the admin section, and manually edit the user, and I don't think he would get a WARNING if HE changed it.

I also decided to look up the name and phone number, and quite true, they are all bogus. I don't see why he decided to do this, right after his W9 was submitted. If it was an error, that's understandable, but doing something like this on purpose is completely uncalled for.

I have never seen Parth as a scammer, but who knows now-a-days, with all these new networks. Maybe he was looking for a quick buck, once again, who knows, except him.

However, I do believe we should wait a little bit before worrying, although he has read all of Mario's PM's and hasn't responded, like he should have.

We can only hope for the best...

chrome89k

11-05-2007 18:54:57

honestly... ANYONE can become a site owner... ANY old joe schmo can create a site like this.. pay a few people here and there and then rake in the big haul... im not accusing ANYONE... but i'm just saying this is one reason why releasing this type of information to certain people seems a little sketchy... you just dont know who is on the receiving end...

zr2152

11-05-2007 19:06:56

parth?

chrome89k

11-05-2007 19:11:49

that's who they are saying is giving them the hard time... i do talk about people not being able to be trusted... but... i really dk....

parth was the one who first trained me in the art of freebies.... so i find it hard for myself to believe it... hopefully its just a mistake for everyones sake....

but then again... i trust this many people on the internet... 0

HotGifts4You

11-05-2007 19:26:45

Sorry, just got back home. It would have been nicer of mario to wait a little but its alright. There isnt any reason for you to suspect that I am scamming you. You are not on hold and will not go on hold. I emailed Chris about it so we will see what happened. The only admin accounts were mine and Chris so I dont know how the name could have changed. Either way, there's no need to worry. You will not go on hold or anything. Again, sorry for not replying as fast as you wanted.

chrome89k

11-05-2007 19:34:10

PARTH!!! there he is... he's alive... he parth where u been ... havent seen u on aim in FOREVER... do u still use same sn

HotGifts4You

11-05-2007 19:45:42

I've been so sick this week, its actually kept me from the forums. Things have been much better today though. Also, Mario and I solved the problem with his account, but if that happened to anyone else, just PM me and we can fix it. Thanks.

gmario

11-05-2007 19:48:00

Lock I'm out!