Nevermind

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60996

LLee93

30-04-2007 06:48:15

Thanks to sad101, I've learned something new tonight. So forget what I said.

gmario

30-04-2007 07:14:16

And that way they will look deeper and deeper into your account and dig yourself into a big whole

skepticalcynic

30-04-2007 07:45:19

The problem is not everyone can be verified, sometimes for very legitimate reasons. My situation has been beyond my control for years, thanks to my divorce, and I only recently was able to get an account that I could verify my paypal with. Having an unverified account doesn't make someone a scammer.

Besides - it's not Paypal's responsibility to watch out for us. We need to watch out for ourselves. If you don't want to get scammed, start by not paying until after approval.

This is just a small reflection of the real world - capitalism is dog-eat-dog and everyone must protect himself. Hence the phrase "buyer beware".

krayf

30-04-2007 07:46:03

IMO..... this is a great idea! However, two reasons why this will never happen. First being the obvious, some people don't have a checking account. Another is Paypal is going to say something to the effect of it is your choice to do business with verified or unverified accounts. Also, there are many honest people with unverified accounts but I've been scammed a couple times now (both by unverified accounts), had some close calls too.

I was newbie (new to the "freebie world") on Feb 1, 2007. It appears there are more and more scammers out there now than 2-3 months ago. I wish something could be done too...... but I'm afraid this is going to be just part of this business. I've learned tons since I've started and picked up on many warning signs from potential scammers...... one is the unverified account.

Really though...... it comes down to how we all as traders want to run "our business". Pay on green or approval! Pay on green to verified or unverified paypal accounts? The choice is ours and paypal isn't going to be responsible for our choices.....

sandra habina

30-04-2007 12:14:20

I have been scammed by "verified" paypal traders. You can open a dispute thru paypal and hope for the best. My claim was for $15 - I won, I received $2.92 I am not sure if there are fees involved or if this is all he had in his account. But paypal closed the dispute and I think it should have stayed open until all monies are repaid or refunded. Just a thought. Lance - you need to ask if a trader is verified or not before setting up the trade. Won't solve everything but it will help. Good luck dear and give DJ a hug for me.

Denise07

30-04-2007 13:32:42

I have been scammed several times and all of them were "verified". Did open a dispute and got some of my money back. I like the message it sends to the scammers when they lose the dispute.

sad101

30-04-2007 14:16:50

I don't know if your all aware but doing "freebie sites" is not allowed with paypal. therefor you should lose for this. They have it in their for this reason. I was a site owner and they explained everything. Since there is so many variables and unwatched information they cannot side for one or other. They are supposed to close the accounts. Yet they allow some as long as you follow tight rules. users don't often get there account limited unless they are doing mass amounts of money. For example if your getting 300 bucks. Your under the radar for getting caught(this is a guess but haven't heard any under 300 for this). Yet if your in the thousands your account will be considered high risk and they will limit your account. Then if anyone you traded with etc. paid you they could file a dispute and win automatically. therefor losing a great deal. since this is multi-level marketing and they cannot watch over this they dont allow it. Its in the TOS.

This info is gathered by about 30 phone calls and 20 emails. The only way to get un-limited is to some how prove what your doing isn't high risk (witch we all know it is) or refunding all the money back to whoever and then submit for the account to be unlimited.

My advice take it or leave it.

BTW i bet your account gets limited for talking about it. if not there not going to listen.

gmario

30-04-2007 16:01:20

[quote3aebe095cd="sad101"]I don't know if your all aware but doing "freebie sites" is not allowed with paypal. therefor you should lose for this. They have it in their for this reason. I was a site owner and they explained everything. Since there is so many variables and unwatched information they cannot side for one or other. They are supposed to close the accounts. Yet they allow some as long as you follow tight rules. users don't often get there account limited unless they are doing mass amounts of money. For example if your getting 300 bucks. Your under the radar for getting caught(this is a guess but haven't heard any under 300 for this). Yet if your in the thousands your account will be considered high risk and they will limit your account. Then if anyone you traded with etc. paid you they could file a dispute and win automatically. therefor losing a great deal. since this is multi-level marketing and they cannot watch over this they dont allow it. Its in the TOS.

This info is gathered by about 30 phone calls and 20 emails. The only way to get un-limited is to som e how prove what your doing isn't high risk (witch we all know it is) or refunding all the money back to whoever and then submit for the account to be unlimited.

My advice take it or leave it.

BTW i bet your account gets limited for talking about it. if not there not going to listen.[/quote3aebe095cd]

That's what happen with me, i was getting $1,500 $599 ,$640, $599 and so on, and they asked me for all this wierd stuff, plus now i gotta use Western Union ? lol

skepticalcynic

01-05-2007 05:48:39

What if you never have a problem with your paypal account as far as disputes or whatnot? Will paypal still give you a hard time?

sad101

01-05-2007 13:28:21

Ya if its "high risk". If your getting under 1k and doing less than 5 transactions then you should be fine. But if your getting 2k+ and 20 trans. then look out.