Anyone seen Latanya recently?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60732

tinkerjenn

26-04-2007 19:07:13

We have atrade and I haven't hear back from her..She on vacation?

bruman

26-04-2007 19:11:55

you know there are other forums besides "off topic", right?

tinkerjenn

26-04-2007 19:12:32

seriously. get out of the basement. Get some sunlight. meet real people.

Jams44

26-04-2007 19:16:11

[quote3901b27230="tinkerjenn"]seriously. get out of the basement. Get some sunlight. meet real people.[/quote3901b27230]

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Scammer's thread - you can ask there. Don;t be hostile because you don;t use your head.

stueybaby17

26-04-2007 19:26:39

[quoteec9a77d479="Jams44"][quoteec9a77d479="tinkerjenn"]seriously. get out of the basement. Get some sunlight. meet real people.[/quoteec9a77d479]

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Scammer's thread - you can ask there. Don;t be hostile because you don;t use your head.[/quoteec9a77d479]

Yeah this does really belong in the Sammers section.

kidd2108

26-04-2007 19:35:02

here we go again...mods should just lock it or move it before it gets out of hand.

stueybaby17

26-04-2007 19:40:52

[quotee0fa1794e0="kidd2108"]here we go again...mods should just lock it or move it before it gets out of hand.[/quotee0fa1794e0]

I wasn't thread crapping, but I this topic should be in the scammers section.

Grimmjow

26-04-2007 19:41:28

Okay, let's just let this one go away ending with me.

kidd2108

26-04-2007 19:44:54

[quote1215067eb6="stueybaby17"][quote1215067eb6="kidd2108"]here we go again...mods should just lock it or move it before it gets out of hand.[/quote1215067eb6]

I wasn't thread crapping, but I this topic should be in the scammers section.[/quote1215067eb6]

Not saying you were, but the thread is slowly moving away from the original question.

tinkerjenn

27-04-2007 04:41:55

I didn't want to post in the scammer section because I don't beleive she's scamming me. The trade is on approval, and I noticed she hadn't read my PM asking about the status.

I wouldn't post in the scammer section without actually being scammed. It makes people panicky and stupid.

maksmom

27-04-2007 09:17:25

Hey, TinkerJenn, I seem to remember reading on one of these threads, recently, that she was temp-banned for spamming...I'm not 100% sure of this, but maybe she hasn't been logged on because of that? I'd check with a mod...

HVACgal

27-04-2007 09:53:54

maksmom is right tinkerjenn, here is the thread where Latanya was put on pm ban for 3 days for spamming
http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59839
It happened last week so she should be able to pm again but maybe she got frustrated with the situation.

I just have to add that I wonder if some people reply to topics just to get their post count up to change their title on here because I see so many responses that just aren't helpful to the original post. I think if traders know that a post is in the wrong area that they can definitely approach it is a more helpful manner instead of being so darn negative and trying to make someone feel so low. Can't we all just get along?

sandra habina

28-04-2007 02:02:35

Latayna was put on temp ban but she emailed me and said that she still can not log on. I know she is not a scammer, she is worried because she owes people, She had an issue with using a computer at the library because she is moving and they got that straightened out and then someone complained that she sent an unsolicited PM and they put her on a temp ban (I thought 5 days) but a few days ago she still could not log on and I don't know how to help her. Any suggestions folks?

gmario

28-04-2007 02:38:33

Tell her to sent an email to a MOD

tinkerjenn

28-04-2007 04:36:01

thanks guys )

counhav

29-04-2007 23:58:08

i have been waiting for a payment from her since mid march...have pm'd several times before and after her ban and she reads them, but never replies.....does have to make one wonder...........if she wasn't ignoring my pm's i wouldn't think it, but why else would someone ignore u when u are asking when u might be paid....6 weeks later.....i didn't think she was a scammer either but am really beginning to wonder.....6 weeks is a long time...not like 2 or 3 ya know?

come back latanya!!

laurelwm

30-04-2007 04:56:30

[quote7ee46101dc="counhav"]i have been waiting for a payment from her since mid march...have pm'd several times before and after her ban and she reads them, but never replies.....does have to make one wonder...........if she wasn't ignoring my pm's i wouldn't think it, but why else would someone ignore u when u are asking when u might be paid....6 weeks later.....i didn't think she was a scammer either but am really beginning to wonder.....6 weeks is a long time...not like 2 or 3 ya know?

come back latanya!![/quote7ee46101dc]

I may be wrong, but I think even when you can't send PMs you can still read them.

Was your payment to have been "on green" or "on approval"?? Approval can sometimes take 6 weeks or longer. Just a thought..............

Laurel

KeithA

30-04-2007 05:16:46

Is the issue that she cannot log on, or that she cannot send PMs?

For future reference, my email= address is email=keitha@freeipodguide.comkeitha@freeipodguide.com address is email=keitha@freeipodguide.comkeitha@freeipodguide.com/email. She can contact me if she's having problems.

laurelwm

30-04-2007 05:38:51

[quotebf98f22ce5="sandra habina"]
She had an issue with using a computer at the library because she is moving and they got that straightened out and then someone complained that she sent an unsolicited PM and they put her on a temp ban (I thought 5 days) but a few days ago she still could not log on and I don't know how to help her. Any suggestions folks?[/quotebf98f22ce5]

If she's trying to log on from a library, that may be the problem. My daughter's internet is down, and she tried to log on from the library and it was blocked. Something about the library's filtering software.

Laurel

birdlady1

03-05-2007 08:04:56

I have recently had a experience with LaTanya. She set up the trade as 'pay on approval', but then wouldn't pay til she got paid. Maybe she just needs some language lessons. She did finally pay but not until I threatened her with a scammer thread. Now, this Sabrina, keeps defending her, but Sabrina has NEVERD TRADED with her. If she can contact Sabrina, she can contact her trades. The excuses don't ring true, they are what they are - excuses.

tinkerjenn

03-05-2007 09:01:04

Sabrina would NEVER harbor a scammer.

birdlady1

03-05-2007 17:09:25

that's good to know, but it still doesn't change the fact that Sabrina is putting in 'good trader' notes when she hasn't traded with her.

gmario

03-05-2007 19:17:01

[quotec8c367980d="birdlady1"]that's good to know, but it still doesn't change the fact that Sabrina is putting in 'good trader' notes when she hasn't traded with her.[/quotec8c367980d]

That's true, ,maybe they are freinds or something

birdlady1

04-05-2007 10:50:12

and i mean Sandra Habina, not sabrina, sorry

tinkerjenn

04-05-2007 11:36:39

well she hasn't logged in since APR 22nd according to KeithA.

I don't think I'll be getting paid ( especially considering I went green on 2dollardeal on April 18th - and she said I was one of the last she needed.

gmario

05-05-2007 09:15:54

[quote438a8190bb="tinkerjenn"]well she hasn't logged in since APR 22nd according to KeithA.

I don't think I'll be getting paid ( especially considering I went green on 2dollardeal on April 18th - and she said I was one of the last she needed.[/quote438a8190bb]

damn that sucks then (

tinkerjenn

06-05-2007 17:59:24

still nothing (

tinkerjenn

07-05-2007 18:57:05

she made a post today...but no contact to me

A Hart

08-05-2007 15:27:45

I had dealings with her when I first came in here and she gave me the sob story that she was a working student and needed one more green to get people paid and then when I started filling out offers that didn't credit on apple.v-bux she got all pissy and told me to delete the trade. I complied. But her impatience and insistance started making me leary anyway.

tinkerjenn

08-05-2007 15:43:05

crap (

spectar

08-05-2007 19:05:48

Well I would like to know where she is. We also had a trade and I have not heard nothing!

shawng31

08-05-2007 19:34:26

i had contact from her back on march 31st when i was workin on freebiemonster and lookin for refs... she wanted to buy MY green on desktopcomputers4free.. which i had already done for bytista.. who by the way i only traded with once but the green i gave him was in about 10 minutes and was paid directly after the fact and my greens back then were always disco and will remain IF and WHEN i choose to go green again by the way (shameless plug ;) ).. but anyhoo.. back on topic.. she wanted to pay me for a green and i told her i had already done the site and she seemed ok with that and we said we may trade in the future.. thankfully it never came to fruition.. im sorry to hear about all of yalls experiences with her.. but if someone "answers yer ad WITH an ad" like she did to me.. it probably aint no good anyhoo.. cant say 100 percent scammer or not.. but i would definitely say problem trader from what i have read here

Shawn

tinkerjenn

10-05-2007 07:12:56

ok. still nothing. This is getting ridiculous.

tinkerjenn

10-05-2007 14:59:58

I guess I should remove my ref from her 2dollardeal site. She's obviously not going to come through.

krayf

10-05-2007 22:19:43

Yep..... you waited long enough!

counhav

10-05-2007 23:19:07

[quote8eb3dbc7cf="counhav"]i have been waiting for a payment from her since mid march...have pm'd several times before and after her ban and she reads them, but never replies.....does have to make one wonder...........if she wasn't ignoring my pm's i wouldn't think it, but why else would someone ignore u when u are asking when u might be paid....6 weeks later.....i didn't think she was a scammer either but am really beginning to wonder.....6 weeks is a long time...not like 2 or 3 ya know?

come back latanya!![/quote8eb3dbc7cf]

well now she doesn't even read my pm's guess i am a free ref for her on primo

i think i will decide now that i have been scammed one's mind can always be changed but i think i think

tinkerjenn

11-05-2007 03:47:32

Mods? Opinions?

KeithA

11-05-2007 04:15:40

[quote91929814ce="tinkerjenn"]Mods? Opinions?[/quote91929814ce]

My opinion is that it sucks. I had already limited her ability to start new trades, but I just gave her a new title and set her TR to -1. I also emailed her again.

tinkerjenn

11-05-2007 04:58:49

Thanks Keith!

Latanya

12-05-2007 18:27:15

Tinkerjenn, Counhav you will be paid next week when I get my first check. Tinkerjenn, you were my last referral, but when I submitted for approval two people were put on hold, I had to get back and find two more people to complete the offer. I was suspended from pming people, that why I was unable to let you know what was going on. I set up a topic in the forum about leaving your paypal address in the trade mod. I didn't have access to a computer to keep in touch withAanyone. I just move into my new home and finally hAve access to my own computer. I was so rough. I had to move out of my old apartment, becAUSE I was starting my intern. That when everything started to screw up. I've been out of my apartment since the first week of April. I wasn't trying to ignore ANYONE. I HAD A LIMITED time on the computer that I was using on my intern. I wasn't even suppose to be on the computer. Every chance I got I would try to check my pm's, but I couldn't respond back to noone. I wasn't suspended three days, it was like three weeks. I don't understand. When I happen to get online now and check I have a negative trade record. I'm a fair person and I'm not trying to scam anyone. I'm only trying to bulid myself up and be on this site for years just like other people has been on this site.

Latanya

12-05-2007 18:30:12

also, to birlady, I got your message on when I needed to pay you. I didn't have access either to pm you back. That wasn't the reason I paid you because you said you threatened to report me. I was going to pay you anyways just like I said. I just couldn't pm you to let you know that. So don't make it seem like I'm that type of person.

sandra habina

13-05-2007 02:44:21

[quote97c4bcb56b="birdlady1"]I have recently had a experience with LaTanya. She set up the trade as 'pay on approval', but then wouldn't pay til she got paid. Maybe she just needs some language lessons. She did finally pay but not until I threatened her with a scammer thread. Now, this Sabrina, keeps defending her, but Sabrina has NEVERD TRADED with her. If she can contact Sabrina, she can contact her trades. The excuses don't ring true, they are what they are - excuses.[/quote97c4bcb56b]

Hello this is Sandra Habina not Sabrina, and correct me if I am wrong but you said the trade was pay on approval but you threatened her with a scammer thread if she did not pay you. On approval is when she gets paid. Not as soon as you green. As far as trading with her - how would you know that - no cc sites do not show up because you do not leave feedback. I do not like your implications - I am an honest and fair trader to all, and I have relationships will many traders on this forum, many are friends.
Latanya contacted me thru an email not thru the forum. She was locked.
As far as all your PMs questioning Latanya and my opinion of her - I told you that I felt she was an honest trader who made a mistake. You gave me the third degree about how I could make such a call - I would never call someone a scammer unless I had proof and I would never defend a scammer if I knew that is what they were. HOW DARE YOU! Birdlady1

I base my judgements on fact and on experience. Check my Trade Record dear and next time get my name correct. Thankyou

counhav

13-05-2007 06:42:58

wb latanya i suggest you tell your story to kieth and maybe you can get yourself 're-instated' i am sorry about your run of bad luck and i hope it gets better for you! my email is in the trade and i will be watching for a payment

Margot530

13-05-2007 06:54:30

[quote20c056485b="tinkerjenn"]Sabrina would NEVER harbor a scammer.[/quote20c056485b]

Hey Tink,

How right you are about that! I can't say anything with regards to latanya, but I know Sandra well, and you obviously have a high opinion of her also, or would not have said that. Anyone who has had any dealings with Sandy, or read up on her, knows how respected, kind and honest she is.

I sure hope you get it all straightened out Tink. And latanya, hope you get things to work smoother on your end also.

(Tink, you're such a doll!)

Happy Mother's Day Ladies! D

Margot

KeithA

13-05-2007 09:19:04

Latanya will get her TR back if she makes good on all of her commitments, not if she explains things or tells me a good story.

To birdlady1 paying on approval is basically equivalent to paying when paid. In the future, I'm sure you'll educate yourself on what terms mean before embarrassing yourself by suggesting "language classes" for others.

tinkerjenn

14-05-2007 16:45:27

Resolved as far as I'm concerned.