GiftChaos Network is a SCAM!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59920

DIABLO

17-04-2007 12:40:28

I was scammed out of $400 from GiftChaos back when they were speedyfreebies, I just never posted it here. Here's the story

I completed my offer, HostGator, referred 10+ people on their site, when I went to cash out I went on hold because my offer had reversed because I accidentally didn't pay for the 2nd month of HostGator. I then contacted HostGator, they said that they would re-apply/re-credit my offer if I could tell them what affiliate I went through. Of course, I go ask support and they say "I can't tell you that" and make other excuses. I know for a fact that there is no part of any affiliate's contract that says you can not tell somebody what affiliate you are using. He was straight out scamming me out of my referrals. I then asked him to talk to me about it, but instead he resorted to calling me a "Stupid faggy niglilili" and telling me he wouldn't talk to me about SpeedyFreebies because he didn't want his new network to have anything to do with it, which is stupid, then blocking me. I suggest nobody do his sites, he suddenly decided to close his old site Speedyfreebies and told everybody they had a week to get all refs and cash out, you also couldn't transfer refs to the new site, then closed it completly.

I know I'm not going to get paid, just trying to warn others about his shady sites.

WORST SITE I'VE EVER DONE![/size09d50bf329]

jdizzle314

17-04-2007 12:43:57

Deffinatly will not be doing this site seeing as how that is pretty shady and the fact that he called you a niggy is pretty low

marketingman0069

17-04-2007 12:44:56

Sucks man, sorry. Contact your local DA. If this is true, then you have a legitimate internet fraud case which is punishable by up to $250,000 and/or up to 20 years in the slammer.

DIABLO

17-04-2007 12:48:54

[quote1e816819a4="marketingman0069"]Sucks man, sorry. Contact your local DA. If this is true, then you have a legitimate internet fraud case which is punishable by up to $250,000 and/or up to 20 years in the slammer.[/quote1e816819a4]

Can't, TOS always states that they can put anybody on hold for any/no reason (

marketingman0069

17-04-2007 12:52:52

Sure, that I understand. But if this guy is not willing to legitimately take care of what the site promises under the auspices that you have committed no provable acts of spelled out TOS violation, then you have a case. Just to let you know, when a TOS says they can put you on hold for 'whatever' reason they deem fit, this does not hold up in a court of law. It must be spelled out in clearly defined language as to the specificty of what reasons they have for doing anything at all.

Big War Bird

17-04-2007 12:58:34

TOS are not liscenses to steal. In reality they can't just put you on hold for "no" reason. However you did fail to follow the Host Gator requirements to the "T" which I would think is reason enough.

marketingman0069

17-04-2007 13:34:28

[quote7d390f0227="Big War Bird"]TOS are not liscenses to steal. In reality they can't just put you on hold for "no" reason. However you did fail to follow the Host Gator requirements to the "T" which I would think is reason enough.[/quote7d390f0227]

Yeah, I suppose that's true in this case.

zwarrior99

17-04-2007 14:23:35

I had a hell of a time getting my nintendo ds from speedyfreebies way back. He kept making promises but I put the pressure on him to pay and eventually he did. I thought he was a bit shady so I am not surprised. If it makes you feel better I think he never really got his sites famous, just seems like he got lost in the competition.

DIABLO

17-04-2007 15:27:28

[quote7ace89ecc0="Big War Bird"]TOS are not liscenses to steal. In reality they can't just put you on hold for "no" reason. However you did fail to follow the Host Gator requirements to the "T" which I would think is reason enough.[/quote7ace89ecc0]

Well if my offer reversed that would be a different story, but it reversed and I asked hostgator about it, they said as long as I pay for my 2nd month and give them the affiliate network I signed up through my lead would be credited again, but instead of being honest and giving me the affiliate network's name he decided to call me racial slurs, block me, and steal the money from me. If I couldn't get credit back it would have been my fault, but I could have gotten it if he gave me the affiliate network name or link he used for that offer.

jy3

17-04-2007 15:57:42

conceivably u could click on the offer and see what site it clicksthru...but i know the site and therefore the link does not exist.
remember that a TOS can say anything but if unreasonable and of not fair business practice it will not hold up in court

DIABLO

17-04-2007 16:10:56

[quotebbeeb2b637="jy3"]conceivably u could click on the offer and see what site it clicksthru...but i know the site and therefore the link does not exist.
remember that a TOS can say anything but if unreasonable and of not fair business practice it will not hold up in court[/quotebbeeb2b637]

I know, the site was down before I was placed on hold so I couldn't click the offer to see. I'm not going to take it all the way to court, it's just stupid for a few hundred dollars, plus everybody would just laugh and ignore me if I say somebody promised to give me $400 for free and didn't pay me.