Ways to Ensure Paypal Refund On "Gone Red" Traders

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58958

marketingman0069

06-04-2007 13:06:38

Hi everyone,

I have read many different accounts about people both getting and not getting their refunds through paypal once one of their referrals goes red. So I am curious, does it make a difference what option you choose when you send payment to a referral? I know you can choose service, or goods, etc. Is it more like to get a refund when you select goods before payment? I haven't had to deal with this issue yet, but as I'm fairly new and am about to submit my first gift for approval, I just wanted to ask. Thanks!

tinkerjenn

06-04-2007 13:19:14

from my old eBay days, I don't think it really matters at all. Hope this helps!

krayf

06-04-2007 16:27:55

I don't think it really matters either. I've heard both sides to what you should put in that payment option. This topic has been brought up many tiimes and you'll probably get many different responses.

Just hope and pray you won't need to worry about it!! LOL

givmea1032

06-04-2007 17:13:40

I know if you put service or intangible goods, they will automatically go in the others favor, but if you put goods, they at least look at it and try....

marketingman0069

06-04-2007 23:32:32

That's a badass avatar. My cousin is off with SEAL team 3 doing the deed, that pic looks like him in his cqb attire. Sweet.

greg40

07-04-2007 05:49:46

I have put Service on all of my payments and had to file a claim on two of them. Both were found in my favor but there was no money in their account to pay me back. I have not "lost" a claim using Service.

laurelwm

07-04-2007 06:16:20

Personally, I put "service" because that's what it is. It can not honestly be "goods" when they are not sending you an item. Maybe this will hurt me at some point with a paypal claim, but my sense of integrity is more important to me than $20.

Laurel

jdizzle314

07-04-2007 09:01:12

Somebody tryed to do that goods stuff to me when he said i went red when i didnt...he sent me the money won the case i was like if its an object were the tracking number.? gave them hella proof and threatned to close my account and then they gave me my money after talking for HOURS

dianaizme1

07-04-2007 09:38:22

[quote89110f20da="marketingman0069"]Hi everyone,

I have read many different accounts about people both getting and not getting their refunds through paypal once one of their referrals goes red. So I am curious, does it make a difference what option you choose when you send payment to a referral? I know you can choose service, or goods, etc. Is it more like to get a refund when you select goods before payment? I haven't had to deal with this issue yet, but as I'm fairly new and am about to submit my first gift for approval, I just wanted to ask. Thanks![/quote89110f20da]

Well, if the other person doesn't have any money in his/her account, at least PayPal will Lock their account until it IS paid back to you. And, U could notify the district attorney in your area to get advice. You probably won't get the DA, but, one of his assistants could advise you what 2 do from there. There are ways to go after people who scam using the internet. An unintentional "red" is another story and can be rectified by the person who went red.

I've done a lot of trading on Ebay and have had to go after several scammers who sent me fraudulently advertised goods. PayPal always wants to know "what type" of merchandise, or at least give them a description. If it is listed as a "service" they can't/won't handle your dispute. My advise is that if U or others R suffering from a "service" related scam, use credit cards that are pre-loaded, e.g. Simon.Com where U can dispute with the MC or Visa company. One CAN get their money as a charge back with them if it is a "service" - but, not with PayPal at this time. Heads UP! Never use a debit card attached to your private banking account to do trading. Need I say more?

b0otleg

10-04-2007 21:21:33

Yep, I tried to submit as Support and it was denied.

sandra habina

10-04-2007 22:51:54

Thankyou for this information. Well noted.

dmorris68

11-04-2007 06:56:14

My attempts with Service claims have always been denied, and it is stated clearly in their terms that they will not entertain buyer complaints for non-tangible goods purchases.

That said, I too have heard several people report getting refunds even when claiming Service, so I have to guess it was either a sympathetic, careless, or ignorant PayPal employee who handled the claim. Therefore it always pays to try anyway -- worst that can happen is they say no, and you might get lucky. ;)

I would not, however, attempt to misrepresent the transaction by claiming it was for nonexistent "goods."

Isn't It A Pity?

11-04-2007 08:14:11

What about Cash Advance? I just chose that yesterday when a member over at A4F asked me to front her the money for our deal. I sent her half of the full payment (I trusted her) and I chose Cash Advance. That option seems to be new as I hadn't noticed it before and I've been using Paypal for years now. Maybe I just overlooked it, though. Anyway, we had no problems and she's almost done doing my Giftmonkey points. I was just curious as to whether anyone has any experience with that option for a claim.

sandra habina

26-04-2007 15:33:59

Does paypal charge fees for getting your money back? I had a claim for $15.00 and I won but it was for $2.92 Or is that what he had in his account. And if they closed his account, so be it but they also closed the claim. So it is not like I would get my money if he made a deposit. Kinda stinks, as I had given him 2 months to refund me because he said he was having health issues. OH well Live and learn.