What If I....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58887

Musicaltiger

05-04-2007 18:11:06

Hi all,

I've got a question before I become known as a bad trader. I have a few people that I've signed up to a few sites who after a whole month are still showing zero credits.

I set up the trades in the module, and they've all accepted, I didn't put a time limit on the green, but I really don't think that after a month they're going to do anything.

I've sent messages to their emails, and here on the forums, but no answers. Is it possible that I could send them a new message saying that if they don't contact me within like say..oh...7 days, that I'm going to ask the mods to cancel the trades? I'd like to actually get some people that will go green for me instead of waiting around for twelve hundred years for people who won't even message me back and let me know what's happening on their end.

Opinions?

MT

DIABLO

05-04-2007 19:41:26

If they haven't contacted you in 2 weeks you can tell them the trade is canceled and you will not need to pay them if they do and offer after the trade is canceled and green, but you must pay them if they did an offer when trade was active and they were waiting on credit. I've had that happen to me too, it's annoying and I don't see why anybody would say they'll do a site, sign up, then leave, but luckily there is a rule that allows us to cancel the trades. You won't get a bad reputation as long as you follow the rules and don't cancel too early or when they're waiting on credit.

-John

laurelwm

05-04-2007 20:02:46

What I have done is, after they have been out of touch for about a week, I'll PM them and ask for an update. If I don't hear anything in another 5 days (give or take), I'll PM them again, pointing out that I have not heard from them in a while and asking their intentions. I then point out that if I have not heard from them by xx/xx, I will be cancelling our trade, as per the rules of FiPG, and will not owe them anything, even if they later go green.

In all of the cases that I have had to do this, the PMs are all still sitting in my Outbox. But I'm saving them, in case I have to prove that I attempted to contact them.

Hope this helps you.
Laurel

moviemadnessman

05-04-2007 20:14:28

All of this is great advise, so the only thing I will add is that after you have contacted them with the ultimatum, and then still haven't heard back from them, all you can do is request deletion and hide the trade.

The mods cannot cancel trades (as I have found out myself), but if the people you have trades with haven't gotten back to you at all, and you have given ample time (and tried contacting them within the 2 weeks), then canceling the trade is perfectly acceptable.

Just be sure you save the outbox messages as Laurel suggested.

Musicaltiger

06-04-2007 03:09:20

You have all been very helpful! It's hard enough for us 'newbies' to get tr as it is. I didn't want to seem pushy, and I definately don't want to end up here on the scammer board!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll try ONE more time to contact my people!

Oh yeah...if I do end up having to cancel the trades...can I contact the site and have them removed from my referrals? I heard you could do that. No sense having a bunch of zeros under me...

MT

laurelwm

06-04-2007 08:36:02

[quote569087bd7d="Musicaltiger"]You have all been very helpful! It's hard enough for us 'newbies' to get tr as it is. I didn't want to seem pushy, and I definately don't want to end up here on the scammer board!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll try ONE more time to contact my people!

Oh yeah...if I do end up having to cancel the trades...can I contact the site and have them removed from my referrals? I heard you could do that. No sense having a bunch of zeros under me...

MT[/quote569087bd7d]

I know in the case of a trade gone bad, you can have your green removed from someone else's account, but I don't think you can have referral removed from your own. I just ignore ref who have either told me they will not do the site (after signing up and looking at the offers or whatever) or who have gone missing and been deleted. This is why I keep a section in my notebook for sites I am working and can keep track on there of who is going to finish and who is not. But let us know if you do manage to have them removed.

Laurel