newbie traded with newbie- did I get scammed?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57723

lwong82d

24-03-2007 22:41:34

My first ever trade involved another newbie (didn't realize it at the time - too excited to be cautious). Did the trade on 20th of March, but have been unable to get ahold of him. His name is Brian9889. I sent him pm's almost everyday. Can I cancel the offers I did for him, or do I still need to wait the 14 days? What can I do to solve this? What can you do to help me? Please help or advise!! I'm so disappointed concerning this!

lwong82d

krayf

24-03-2007 23:24:03

Did you pay him for a green or was he suppose to pay you? Check your outbox to see if he has read your messages first of all.....

eph445

25-03-2007 10:18:25

He said he would pay when he got his reward but who knows how long thats going to be. Oh well, chalk it up to learning experience. I think I may have been scammed by another also but it's to soon to tell yet so I won't mention any names.

harley_girl1963

25-03-2007 10:37:02

Wow that really sucks to start out like that. This is proof that newbies should be on the lookout to trade with known traders who have a good TR.

gmario

25-03-2007 12:06:37

Yup thats what i always say wink

laurelwm

29-03-2007 06:06:46

[quotecf9a193648="lwong82d"]My first ever trade involved another newbie (didn't realize it at the time - too excited to be cautious). Did the trade on 20th of March, but have been unable to get ahold of him. His name is Brian9889. I sent him pm's almost everyday. Can I cancel the offers I did for him, or do I still need to wait the 14 days? What can I do to solve this? What can you do to help me? Please help or advise!! I'm so disappointed concerning this!

lwong82d[/quotecf9a193648]

This is a good example of why two people with a TR less than 4 should not trade with each other.

That said - the 20th is only about a week ago. Maybe he had an emergency and couldn't get online, or maybe his computer crashed, or any one of dozens of good reasons to be out of touch for a week. Patience is really important here as well.

Are your PMs unread (Outbox) or read (Sentbox)?? Has he posted anywhere in this past week?? You can PM a moderator to find out for sure if he has been logged on.

You can not cancel the trade unless he is out of touch for more than 14 days, and then only if you have attempted contact at least once in each 7 day period.

Did the trade details in the trade module (I assume you know enough to only trade in the TM) specify a time limit??? Did it specify payment "on green" or "on approval"?? Be aware that payment on approval can take weeks or longer, depending on how close the other trader is to completion. If you agreed to "on approval" you will just have to wait until he cashes out.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but all things in life are learning experiences.

Laurel