GMONEY = The_Google Millionaire Success_Kit

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57341

crys27

20-03-2007 17:41:51

evil
Grrrr... Check out the support ticket I put in on one of the freebie sites working on evil

"Hey again.

I just wanted to let you know that GMoney is a fraud affiliate. I signed up yesterday and expected only to get billed $3.87. They charged me $3.87 and another transaction for $49.95. So I called them and spent an hour just trying to convince them (to no avail) that they charged me $49.95 + $3.87. They kept telling me that they did not charge me $49.95, only the $3.87. So I called my bank who told me that they have put a $49.95 hold on my account that will post on the 7th day. The TOS clearly said that upon hitting submit I would get charged $3.87 $3.87 and ON THE 7TH DAY, they would charge the $49.95. Well I just signed up last nite. I don't know why they didn't write this into the TOS that they will put a hold on the money. Anyway, the bank tells me I can't have my money back until it posts (next Monday). Took all my money and even overdrew my acct, so I will be loose out on the $35 overdraft fee the bank will charge me. Would do you suggest I do? I told GMoney they need to revise their TOS and state that mishap before someone else gets scammed. Now, I went back to try to print the TOS and can't even open it. I need this to show my bank.
The worst of this all is that the people at GMoney would not even acknowledge that they charged my account $49.95 and so I have to dispute the charge to get my money back (after it posts NEXT WEEK) by then it'll probably say I kept the membership after the free trial. I faxed them my bank statement and they still said it was a lie and that I should trust them and not what my bank statement said. Never heard that before. Also, I asked to speak to the manager or supervisor, and they wouldn't let me speak to him/her.
Never had this problem before as I am good at reading TOS and wouldn't have signed up for this offer had I read somewhere I'd be charges $53.82.
Anyway, wanted to put you on n"

Believe this chit? This girl Monica wouldn't even tell me they charged me? Ok, ran out of cash on prepaid Visa and so did this one offer just because I really wanted this site on my Bank Credit Card. Overdrawn on bank account now, and Rich in PayPal. Too bad payday is when PayPal withdrawal will post. ?

laurelwm

20-03-2007 18:04:08

Actually, it is not unusual for offers to put a hold on the whole amount, but it is not a charge unless they reconfirm it. That is why the customer service people don't consider that they charged you, because they didn't.

If it's on a credit card, it doesn't usually show up, but on your bank account or your paypal, it shows up, then gets re-credited after the 7 days.

If you mention this to your bank, they should reverse the overdraft charge, unless this caused you to bounce something else. But this is why using your bank card is usually not a good idea.

Laurel

crys27

20-03-2007 18:37:43

[quote8c6c08defa="laurelwm"]Actually, it is not unusual for offers to put a hold on the whole amount, but it is not a charge unless they reconfirm it. That is why the customer service people don't consider that they charged you, because they didn't.

If it's on a credit card, it doesn't usually show up, but on your bank account or your paypal, it shows up, then gets re-credited after the 7 days.

If you mention this to your bank, they should reverse the overdraft charge, unless this caused you to bounce something else. But this is why using your bank card is usually not a good idea.

Laurel[/quote8c6c08defa]

I understand the bank card thing. It was just very convenient that GMoney got me the one time I used my bank card. If only I could have waited until next week (so I could reload prepaid card) for this site I so yearned.

Appreciate Laurel (+Karma) for that info on why the affiliate can't see the charge. Though proved on my faxed statement I sent them. And can't I have a manager if requested. I'm telling you, a half hour trying to convince Monica to give me her supervisor/manager. And still haven't spoken to her.

My bank will reverse when it posts...next week.

Just wanted to put you all on on notice...perhaps just those who are using bank cards. Or maybe those who noticed GMoney as a new offer that they haven't done.

Most importantly, just wanted to tell you all to BEWARE.

booklover1104

20-03-2007 18:50:15

Everything I've read about doing offers has warned against using pre-paid cards...that the companies can tell it's a pre-paid and not an actual credit card, so I never tried to buy/load/use one. So, you're telling me that you really CAN use these cards? On all offers?

b0otleg

22-03-2007 14:58:13

I used to use pre-paids when I didn't have a bank or credit card and I never had any problem with them. Some sites block them, and some will take them.

manOFice

22-03-2007 15:42:38

anyone else have issues with this offer?

crys27

22-03-2007 15:50:28

[quote4fd64e97b4="O4F-Manofice"]anyone else have issues with this offer?[/quote4fd64e97b4]

The site that I wrote to regarding this offer, removed it, apologized and gave me some helpful hints on how to get this resolved with my bank. Still waiting to get this negative off my statement. Since my first thread, GMoney has charged me $3.87 again (yesterday). Doesn't make any sense. ?

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

23-03-2007 07:55:10

This is exactly why I stopped using my paypal debit card to do offers. I liked using it because you could see every day who was charging you what....but a ton of the offers do put an authorization through on the card to make sure the money is there. Using a bank/debit card, this causes a hold on your real money, where if you use an actual credit card, your money isn't being held. I have a credit card that has a $500 limit on it (which is a bit high but whatever) that I use solely to do offers with. I do not carry the card on me, it sits right in my keyboard and is solely used to do offers. I try to remember to check it daily to make sure I haven't been charged for somethign I should have been charged for. In the end, I usually advise my referrals or people who are new and ask me questions not to use a debit card of any kind because in essence, a lot of your money can be held that way. And I'd rather have my "credit" being held for authorization than my actual money.

coolvaughan

23-03-2007 12:29:59

I tried to do this offer. I put in all my info and hit submit, I was given an error message about my card so I went back and double checked all my info, I then hit submit again. Same error, third time it said my card was denied. I went to look at my charges and they had charged me the $3.97 twice without ever confirming my subscription.

dmorris68

23-03-2007 13:14:24

Yes, many offers put a pre-authorization on a card for the first full payment. It's not a charge, but it does reduce your available credit until it expires. If you cancel a trial offer within the terms (assuming an honest, legit offer) then the authorization will expire after a number of days and the held funds will be released back to your account.

This is normal course of business for many trial offers. It doesn't make them a scam unless they actually charge you outside their stated terms.

Regarding pre-paids, some offers specifically forbid them in their terms, but not all. Many people use them successfully for trial offers. Personally, I just use a credit card. Recent rumors I heard indicated that offer sponsors were going to crack down on prepaid usage, but I've not heard of it actually happening yet.

Catherine68

26-03-2007 22:23:03

G-money charged my paypal account 3 TIMES today because I kept getting error codes for this and that. So would resubmit..When I finally gave up trying to do that offer I went to look at my paypal account and there it was...3 charges and no confirmation on the site or even 1 email confirmation.
I called G-money and got a HUGE runaround! Over 30 minutes on the phone and no resolution.
I'm definitely looking for a prepaid credit card in the morning and if a site won't accept it then oh well..SO BE IT...I just can't do it then.

doylnea

27-03-2007 09:55:50

[quote61514797b4="Catherine68"]G-money charged my paypal account 3 TIMES today because I kept getting error codes for this and that. So would resubmit..When I finally gave up trying to do that offer I went to look at my paypal account and there it was...3 charges and no confirmation on the site or even 1 email confirmation.
I called G-money and got a HUGE runaround! Over 30 minutes on the phone and no resolution.
I'm definitely looking for a prepaid credit card in the morning and if a site won't accept it then oh well..SO BE IT...I just can't do it then.[/quote61514797b4]

Catherine, I fixed your sig. Please use spaces after the commas, or it causes the entire screen to scroll.

manOFice

27-03-2007 09:59:17

[quote2cdb39efeb="Catherine68"]G-money charged my paypal account 3 TIMES today because I kept getting error codes for this and that. So would resubmit..When I finally gave up trying to do that offer I went to look at my paypal account and there it was...3 charges and no confirmation on the site or even 1 email confirmation.
I'm definitely looking for a prepaid credit card in the morning and if a site won't accept it then oh well..SO BE IT...I just can't do it then.[/quote2cdb39efeb]

Ok...what happened to you has happened to me but for different offers. I've learned that if the offer gives me an error at the ordering process the offer isn't worth my time/money. But at first...I would try and buy a trial...get an error of some kind, go back and try to submit again, got an error again...go to my paypal account and see TWO charges for the offer even though it never actually went through with the order. What you have to do is not worry because the charges will just expire and dump off your account.

xanderbsb

09-04-2007 23:35:06

Has anyone here got this resolved? I tried calling the number they have listed in their terms and couldn't get through. I tried e-mailing them and no reply. I'm getting worried (

tylerc

10-04-2007 04:16:38

A $500 limit is a bit high for a credit card?

smokenstroke

10-04-2007 12:26:49

I was wondering who the fuck charged me. Im giong to get this resolved as well.

Edit Just called, they said it was a hold on that amound and after the fifth day that it would be given back to me.

laurelwm

10-04-2007 14:47:51

[quotea1209855f5="smokenstroke"]I was wondering who the fuck charged me. Im giong to get this resolved as well.

Edit Just called, they said it was a hold on that amound and after the fifth day that it would be given back to me.[/quotea1209855f5]

Is the profanity really necessary????

krayf

10-04-2007 16:42:39

[quote13151063de="tylerc"]A $500 limit is a bit high for a credit card?[/quote13151063de]

I think he was referring to higher than most people use for the prepaid cards....... meaning if something "goes wrong" he would be out $500 rather than $50-100.

tinkerjenn

11-04-2007 13:32:55

Same thing happened to me with GMoney. It also happened with Carleton sheets, and I didn't even get credit for the offer!

smokenstroke

11-04-2007 20:56:56

[quote49eabf4faa="laurelwm"][quote49eabf4faa="smokenstroke"]I was wondering who the fuck charged me. Im giong to get this resolved as well.

Edit Just called, they said it was a hold on that amound and after the fifth day that it would be given back to me.[/quote49eabf4faa]

Is the profanity really necessary????[/quote49eabf4faa]

In this expression of emotion yes. In the future. Not unless i need to express this emotion.