tomgib1026 Gone RED

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57150

krayf

19-03-2007 06:58:11

He did a bunch of trades in a couple days......... I thought something was a little fishy with this guy as he completed the green in like 2 minutes......

Anyways...... his email address that he used to sign up on my site is not valid- been trying to contact him since the trade ended and he hasn't even read his pm's for two weeks.......

frediggy

19-03-2007 08:11:29

He has gone RED[/colora78413ac9e] on one of my sites too. I had already paid him. I have filed a dispute with paypal and it sounds like he has canceled that too.

jonohull

19-03-2007 08:42:19

He went red for me too!!! Damn it, I already paid him. He's already canceled his Paypal account? What did you write when you reported it to Paypal?

asuperstar103

19-03-2007 09:16:06

Bummer he did two sites for me and has gone red on one site already. Thats it I'm done paying people until I get paid and approved.

Flamarial

19-03-2007 09:17:17

Sadly, he's gone red on me too. Is it possible to get my payment back?

jonohull

19-03-2007 10:24:08

[quote8f125a398d="asuperstar103"]Bummer he did two sites for me and has gone red on one site already. Thats it I'm done paying people until I get paid and approved.[/quote8f125a398d]

Me too. I've been trusting, now I've been burned. He just screws it up for everyone.

Trkckc

19-03-2007 11:17:18

Add another 1 to the list.... went red on me too

frediggy

19-03-2007 20:43:53

Well, paypal is investigating mine. I think its a loss. They are waiting for a reply, they say. I don't think they will get one.

findme

20-03-2007 15:26:16

he did my 3604free site. I am still waiting to get approved... i doubt i will..

email==tommyg@yahoo.comtommyg@yahoo.com=tommyg@yahoo.comtommyg@yahoo.com/email was the email he used when doing my site.

hopefully this guy is paypal verified. if so then we have some sort of chance.

abunchamexicans

20-03-2007 16:34:16

chalk one more up. he got me too. thankfully i didnt pay yet

asuperstar103

21-03-2007 06:35:11

[quote973ec645ea="findme"]he did my 3604free site. I am still waiting to get approved... i doubt i will..

email==tommyg@yahoo.comtommyg@yahoo.com=tommyg@yahoo.comtommyg@yahoo.com/email was the email he used when doing my site.

hopefully this guy is paypal verified. if so then we have some sort of chance.[/quote973ec645ea]

Paypal sent me straight to making a claim on this guy and then responded within seconds that they do not cover services. So it looks like there is no coverage for us. This is a copy of why they closed the case.

"We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received."

What a crock!!!! What kind of coverage is that? Very disappointed. This guy got me for $40.

givmea1032

21-03-2007 09:04:54

[quoted4f491f5e6="asuperstar103"]Paypal sent me straight to making a claim on this guy and then responded within seconds that they do not cover services. So it looks like there is no coverage for us. This is a copy of why they closed the case.

"We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received."

What a crock!!!! What kind of coverage is that? Very disappointed. This guy got me for $40.[/quoted4f491f5e6]

Always select goods when you pay for greens, it gives you a better chance of getting money back, especially if like this....

asuperstar103

21-03-2007 10:45:49

[quote2eeed3e661="givmea1032"][quote2eeed3e661="asuperstar103"]Paypal sent me straight to making a claim on this guy and then responded within seconds that they do not cover services. So it looks like there is no coverage for us. This is a copy of why they closed the case.

What a crock!!!! What kind of coverage is that? Very disappointed. This guy got me for $40.[/quote2eeed3e661]

Always select goods when you pay for greens, it gives you a better chance of getting money back, especially if like this....[/quote2eeed3e661]

So can I change a dispute from service to goods. Or am I stuck now. I have a dispute open right now with a scammer from anything4free.com and it's still open, but I'm sure I will have to escalate it to a claim. Then paypal is going to close it immediately because I have it checked as service instead of goods. Can I change this? I looked on paypal and didnt see where I could this. Please let me know if you know different. asuperstar103

harley_girl1963

21-03-2007 11:04:00

He went RED on me as well and promised to pay me back. I reported him to the moderators and was told he had been placed on Ban.

That doesn't help all the people he's scammed!

laurelwm

21-03-2007 11:42:03

[quote8ac836f0f0="givmea1032"]
Always select goods when you pay for greens, it gives you a better chance of getting money back, especially if like this....[/quote8ac836f0f0]

Unfortunately, selecting goods for a service like paying for a green, to me anyway, would be lying. I have spent my life guarding my integrity more than anything, and to lie about something just in case the trader turns out to be a scammer would be going against everything I believe in.

But I understand not everyone feels that strongly about it.........

Laurel

findme

27-03-2007 18:51:33

update. just checked and he went red on me.

lol i forgot that i never paid him. sorry i didn't get scammed. woot!