2DollarDeal Ripped Me Out Of $600 On 1 Referral

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57142

b0otleg

19-03-2007 00:42:20

Hi, I am a freshman at the University of MD, our campus has Wifi and as a result those connected on the network share the same IP address. [b069af84f73]I signed up and completed offers from home, and my friend completed their offers on campus, resulting in offers done on 2 completely different ip addresses. [/b069af84f73] I had spoken to my site admin and told them one of my referrals was oncampus, and I used their internet to check my status. She assured me, claiming most of her users are college students.

Now you tell me what seems fair. My entire account was put on hold and my money and most importantly time were put to waste because of ONE referral. As far as I'm concerned, I still brought to 2DD, 11 unique leads and my offer completion, all of which 2DD will be getting paid for. SKETCHY. These kinds of practices should not be acceptable. Think of what kind of character you could be dealing with. If the site admin thinks it is logical to put an account on hold for 1 referral then it is very likely you will lose your account for any other infractions.

Yes many people have finished this site without problems. But do you really want to risk it on such a strict site? You guys all owe it to yourselves to not get screwed over. The site admin wouldn't even allow me to submit Photo ID + Student ID to prove we were two different people.

gmario

19-03-2007 03:12:04

That's because you broke the rules man

b0otleg

19-03-2007 03:21:36

I should of clarified, I did my offers at my apartment. My friend did theirs on campus wifi. How is it breaking the rules to check offer status?

gmario

19-03-2007 03:35:18

Cuz you said that you use your refs computer to check your status.

laurelwm

19-03-2007 04:55:40

NEVER, EVER check your status on a computer one of your refs has used, ever. I have seen people over and over lately saying the same thing - "We signed up on different computers, but then I checked my account......"

Most times it is completely innocent - but the site owner isn't there with you and can't see that. That's why it's in the rules.

I'd would be nice if they would work with you, but the bottom line is that you broke the rule, and they have no obligation to help you fix it.

Life is a learning experience.

Laurel

gator1002

19-03-2007 05:17:47

2dd has not been a easy site for me to finish but it came to me late last night what I have been dong wrong. (yes I said I) Most of the complaints about site owners I have seen so far is the fault of the trader doing somthing wrong. Yes they are very strict becaules there are folks out there that just cant seem to follow rules and try to scam the system. If everyone were honest we would all be on the honer system but alas look around the jales are full of pepole who are not so the rest of us must follow these strict rules.

Excel

19-03-2007 09:01:44

The rules are strict, but you did break them.

[quotedfb3a6aefc]Only one account per person per email address per address per household per IP. If your IP, email or address match that of any other user your account will be placed on hold.[/quotedfb3a6aefc]

You logged on from the same IP as your college friend, therefore you broke this rule. I would have tried to talk it out with Mikhail first and see if she could cut you a deal, but I doubt you'll get any sympathy now that you've opened this thread =S

manOFice

19-03-2007 09:10:36

I don't think this user used his referrals computer to check his status...I think he used the college internet to check his status...but the college using wifi and probably a proxy ...resulted in outputting the same external ip address hence them having the same ip. This issue could quickly get resolved by showing ids but it's up to the site owner whether to allow it.

b0otleg

19-03-2007 09:21:11

Yeah.. I didn't use her computer, and no - Mikhail refused to cut me a deal already and its been about a month.

You are correct, it is up to the site admin to further investigate the situation, which Mikhail did not do. This does not represent a site that is rated 4.0 - 5.0. If you had to choose between investigation and lining up your pockets, I think we all know which one is the popular option. Very unprofessional.

I'm not looking for sympathy, I made a mistake but I do not feel it was thoroughly investigated and it would of not taken much more effort to prove there was no fraud. And who actually believes that its justified/logical to place an account based on my scenario?

gmario

19-03-2007 09:46:40

All i can say is check your email next time since you always get a notice when people sign up under you, so there was no need to get excited and check your account in school, you should of waited till you got home, that's something i will never try or do somewhere else unless im home, even last week when i left for spring break i still never logged in to any of my accounts, just to avoid problems like this. wink

manOFice

19-03-2007 09:56:18

It's one thing to commute to school...do you commute? If you don't commute to school and you live on campus then I think you have a right to check you account in your own dorm room...but if you do commute and just wanted to check your account...thats where the mistake lies...even though I see no problem in that.

stueybaby17

19-03-2007 10:51:28

[quotecce37ceadc="b0otleg"]I should of clarified, I did my offers at my apartment. My friend did theirs on campus wifi. How is it breaking the rules to check offer status?[/quotecce37ceadc]

If your friend did their offer using the campus wifi that may have caused it. Depending how the wifi works on your campus. That maybe viewed as a public connection even though it was done on your friends computer and that would void your account on ANY freebie site.

manOFice

19-03-2007 10:57:19

[quotefe5091066a="stueybaby17"][quotefe5091066a="b0otleg"]I should of clarified, I did my offers at my apartment. My friend did theirs on campus wifi. How is it breaking the rules to check offer status?[/quotefe5091066a]

If your friend did their offer using the campus wifi that may have caused it. Depending how the wifi works on your campus. That maybe viewed as a public connection even though it was done on your friends computer and that would void your account on ANY freebie site.[/quotefe5091066a]

I don't think thats where the problem lies, his friend was fine doing the offers where he did, but the problem was when he logged into his account on campus...it appeared that he and his referral have the same ip address. And you can't really say ANY freebie site, because the Officially4free network doesn't care if your ip matches another users as long as no fraud is seen. But I guess it's safe to say most freebies don't allow it.

Gigante

19-03-2007 20:40:30

Well if someone uses the same IP I think it is safe to assume there could be sketchy things going on. I do not see how IDs show that two different people completed the offers, all it shows is that you have a friend with an ID. You should not access your account from a public internet connection. I cannot think of any instance when you would need to check your account and cannot check it in a few hours or days when you get home?
This does not warrant a scammer thread. 2DD is cutting out the fraud that has been too rampant within the industry and you cannot say a site with lax fraud detection is better, it hurts the industry more than you can imagine.

b0otleg

19-03-2007 20:54:19

I seriously doubt checking IP's does much to prevent fraud. Anybody with the intention of frauding wouldn't get caught with multiple accounts. So who gets punished? Sure, it helps when two people with the same IP sign up. But when that situation occurs why wouldn't putting that referral on hold be just as effective as putting an entire account on hold? (Except that the latter is more rewarding for site admins for sure.) Frauders don't gather legitimate referrals, and then decide out of stupidity to create another account. Doing so would be shooting themselves in the foot.

DollarDealNetwork

19-03-2007 21:44:10

[quotebb06f6cd99="b0otleg"]I seriously doubt checking IP's does much to prevent fraud. Anybody with the intention of frauding wouldn't get caught with multiple accounts. [/quotebb06f6cd99]

You seem to know a lot about how to fraud roll and it catches lots of people who violate the TOS.

[quotebb06f6cd99="b0otleg"]Frauders don't gather legitimate referrals, and then decide out of stupidity to create another account. Doing so would be shooting themselves in the foot.[/quotebb06f6cd99]

So would logging in from a referrals IP roll . I have seen a lot of one legged traders on forums and my site.

Your account is on hold and will stay on hold for violating the TOS.

I did attempt to talk to this user, we had a conversation on AIM for over an hour. If I had no intention of considering the removal I wouldn't have spent over an hour with one customer. He decided to start dropping F-Bombs and was blocked.

b0otleg

20-03-2007 09:04:05

Sure, when you get your big paycheck (which I helped pad), I hope you think long and hard if I truly was a frauder. Before I started the site I asked you if it would be okay to use a referral on campus and you said it would be fine. I treated you with respect and I was very patient with you until you started dropping hints that you suspected I was a frauder.

I can see through your deception, trying to make the rest of the forum suspicious by noting my knowledge on frauding. And, don't try to make yourself look better by claiming you had some intention of letting me off, when you told me less than halfway that the hold would not be taken off and that there was ABSOLUTELY nothing I could do to prove my innocence. Let me ask you this, you know too- you must be a frauder too? I know quite a bit about basketball, but you won't find me in the NCAA.

So enjoy your paycheck with my 13 leads (plus myself, because the they were done ALL LEGIT ON UNIQUE IPS), and then ask yourself if I scammed you.

DIABLO

20-03-2007 09:57:32

You logged on from a referrals IP? That will get you placed on hold on almost every site there is. They aren't scamming you, this is how freebie sites make their profit, ask any other site owner if they would place you on hold for this, the answer will be yes.

zr2152

20-03-2007 12:03:44

[quote1d2a676591="DIABLO"]You logged on from a referrals IP? That will get you placed on hold on almost every site there is. They aren't scamming you, this is how freebie sites make their profit, ask any other site owner if they would place you on hold for this, the answer will be yes.[/quote1d2a676591]

Well I wouldnt say that its how they make their profit but it is sure something that all freebie sites will put you on hold for. Logging in from a referrals IP is a HUGH NO NO.

Its just a newb mistake that you made and now youre going to learn from this and hopefully never make this mistake again.

It sucks but its just a learning experience.

findme

20-03-2007 15:30:28

[quote70e5355d04="b0otleg"]I should of clarified, I did my offers at my apartment. My friend did theirs on campus wifi. How is it breaking the rules to check offer status?[/quote70e5355d04]

dang man, thats tough. I hope they wont take the whole 600. thats just plain wrong.

DIABLO

20-03-2007 15:45:23

[quotecd47572bcc="findme"][quotecd47572bcc="b0otleg"]I should of clarified, I did my offers at my apartment. My friend did theirs on campus wifi. How is it breaking the rules to check offer status?[/quotecd47572bcc]

dang man, thats tough. I hope they wont take the whole 600. thats just plain wrong.[/quotecd47572bcc]

Nice advertising, last time I checked it was only supposed to be people involved in the disputes that could post, most people ignore it, but at least the ones who do make an attempt to contribute to the thread and help resolve the dispute. I don't see why you call it wrong, you're the one who hacked into a customer's paypal and took back $400 that you paid them ?

b0otleg

20-03-2007 16:57:22

I don't know if I would go as far as to say all site owners would do that nor that their only profit is from putting people on hold. That kind of situation would be comical and ironic.

DollarDealNetwork

20-03-2007 17:03:48

[quotefa71fc164c="b0otleg"]Sure, when you get your big paycheck (which I helped pad), I hope you think long and hard if I truly was a frauder. Before I started the site I asked you if it would be okay to use a referral on campus and you said it would be fine.[/quotefa71fc164c]

I never said you could refer people with the same IP or matching IPs. I told you as long as they had different IPs I didn't care. You decided after that to log in (fraud)(walk through) on one of your referrals IPs. So you decided to violate or shoot yourself in the foot after I had told you the outcome.

[quotefa71fc164c="b0otleg"]I treated you with respect and I was very patient with you until you started dropping hints that you suspected I was a frauder.[/quotefa71fc164c]

I do not drop hints roll I place accounts on hold. I did not wait until you got more referrals. You asked me to check on a referral and see if I could get them green. When I checked your account and the referral in question I saw you shared the same IP on multiple occasions. I placed your account on hold, no hints.

[quotefa71fc164c="b0otleg"]I should of clarified, I did my offers at my apartment. My friend did theirs on campus wifi. How is it breaking the rules to check offer status?[/quotefa71fc164c]

Only one account per person per email address per address per household per IP. If your IP, email or address match that of any other user your account will be placed on hold.

If that one isn't clear enough then maybe this one is --->

If a user is found to have the same IP on their account or on their IP log as another account, it will result in all involved accounts and parties being placed on indefinite hold.

I suggest in the future if you want to violate the TOS you agree to or commit fraud you join craftycash.net he obviously has no qualms about fraud.

[quotefa71fc164c="findme"] dang man, thats tough. I hope they wont take the whole 600. thats just plain wrong.[/quotefa71fc164c]

You run your site however you want and let me run mine my way. I do not condone fraud, multiple accounts or violations of the terms of service. That is why my publishers allow me to continue doing business with them and they pay me very well to do so.

b0otleg

20-03-2007 17:20:41

[quote0f0ca22c6c]
I never said you could refer people with the same IP or matching IPs. I told you as long as they had different IPs I didn't care. You decided after that to log in (fraud)(walk through) on one of your referrals IPs. So you decided to violate or shoot yourself in the foot after I had told you the outcome. [/quote0f0ca22c6c]

Complete BS. You put me on hold for fraud, AND now you're claiming I did a walk through. More assumptions upon assumptions. I know for certainty that your publishers are paying you for all my referrals. You think that I would fraud on one referral when it was that easy to find all my other 11 referrals? I've long accepted my losses, and the only last thing I wanted was for your acknowledgment that you merely used the TOS in your favor. There was absolutely no fraud as far as publishers are concerned. If they are paying you for my leads then what more can you say? There is absolutely nothing you can say to justify this morally.

Yes, and thank you again for being so clever to assume that everyone else who disagrees MUST indefinitely support fraud. Your reasoning and morals are appalling.

DollarDealNetwork

20-03-2007 19:27:41

[quote499fd9361f="b0otleg"]Complete BS. You put me on hold for fraud, AND now you're claiming I did a walk through. More assumptions upon assumptions. I know for certainty that your publishers are paying you for all my referrals. You think that I would fraud on one referral when it was that easy to find all my other 11 referrals? I've long accepted my losses, and the only last thing I wanted was for your acknowledgment that you merely used the TOS in your favor. There was absolutely no fraud as far as publishers are concerned. If they are paying you for my leads then what more can you say? There is absolutely nothing you can say to justify this morally.

Yes, and thank you again for being so clever to assume that everyone else who disagrees MUST indefinitely support fraud. Your reasoning and morals are appalling.[/quote499fd9361f]

I put you on hold for multiple accounts not offer fraud. Payment from my publishers has no bearing on if you should be on hold or not. Your logic of its ok to violate the TOS or have multiple accounts as long as the site owner gets paid does not work with me roll .

You are obviously more upset with the fact that I got paid for your offer then the fact you used multiple accounts. In my short time as a site owner I have seen most people who commit fraud use that as an excuse. Honest people who make mistakes don't cry over how much I might get paid or use my making money as an excuse to allow them to cheat.

Your account is on hold and will stay that way for violating the TOS with multiple accounts.

I suggest you read and follow the rules you agree to when joining future sites. I won't argue this any more with you or with site owners who think it is ok shock . Good night )

tmberwolff

20-03-2007 21:20:22

[quoted5a6c20731="2DollarDeal"]

If a user is found to have the same IP on their account or on their IP log as another account, it will result in all involved accounts and parties being placed on indefinite hold.
[/quoted5a6c20731]

This tells me that you are not abreast of the direction the internet is headed. Perhaps you should look into how Road Runner/Time Warner is restructuring their internet in major cities. They no longer provide a unique external IP to every user. They use internal networks and subnets and all that jazz to provide internet to entire neighborhoods.

I know people who work for RR in memphis, and my parents' neighborhood, which has over 1000 houses only has 2 globally accessible IP addresses. Does that mean that out of 1000 families, only 2 can do your site? Does it mean that if my brother or mother does your site they cannot refer any of their friends or neighbors from the entire subdivision??

What if this happens inadvertently? Two people who are not referals, but who share an IP? I mean, I live within two miles of two FiPG traders... what if our IPs are reorganized, and we duplicate an IP at some point? Do we all get put on hold?

Pretty much every site owner I know of has some other way besides IP addresses to verify identity. Your decision to disregard the realities of technology and instead issue blanket statements and put people on indefinite hold for what could be no good reason tells me that you are less interested in "cutting out the fraud that has been too rampant in the industry" and more interested in padding your checking account.

Either that, or you truly are ignorant in the ways of technology... but neither possibility instills a lot of confidence in you as a site owner.

p.s. I am not arguing that this user be taken off hold. You made a very rigid, global statement that could affect more than this one user, and I'm responding to that. Especially considering I [id5a6c20731]was [/id5a6c20731]going to start your site this week...

DollarDealNetwork

20-03-2007 22:49:34

[quote24c29de0ba="tmberwolff"][quote24c29de0ba="2DollarDeal"]

[/quote24c29de0ba]

This tells me that you are not abreast of the direction the internet is headed. Perhaps you should look into how Road Runner/Time Warner is restructuring their internet in major cities. They no longer provide a unique external IP to every user. They use internal networks and subnets and all that jazz to provide internet to entire neighborhoods.

I know people who work for RR in memphis, and my parents' neighborhood, which has over 1000 houses only has 2 globally accessible IP addresses. Does that mean that out of 1000 families, only 2 can do your site? Does it mean that if my brother or mother does your site they cannot refer any of their friends or neighbors from the entire subdivision??

What if this happens inadvertently? Two people who are not referals, but who share an IP? I mean, I live within two miles of two FiPG traders... what if our IPs are reorganized, and we duplicate an IP at some point? Do we all get put on hold?

Pretty much every site owner I know of has some other way besides IP addresses to verify identity. Your decision to disregard the realities of technology and instead issue blanket statements and put people on indefinite hold for what could be no good reason tells me that you are less interested in "cutting out the fraud that has been too rampant in the industry" and more interested in padding your checking account.

Either that, or you truly are ignorant in the ways of technology... but neither possibility instills a lot of confidence in you as a site owner.

p.s. I am not arguing that this user be taken off hold. You made a very rigid, global statement that could affect more than this one user, and I'm responding to that. Especially considering I [i24c29de0ba]was [/i24c29de0ba]going to start your site this week...[/quote24c29de0ba]

If you take that quote as a blank statement then every thing you said is true. Most sites have an any reason clause, I don't, so I spell out every reason a user can go on hold. He asked which parts of the TOS he violated and I pointed them out. I have changed the wording so it doesn't sound so final ). I always listen to my customers before making a final judgement or decision.

I have removed holds from several users who had matching IPs due to internet providers using the same IP on large areas. I treat each case individually and on a case by case basis. Like I said before I talked to this user for over an hour before making my final decision.

harley_girl1963

21-03-2007 11:24:06

Mikhail at 2DollarDeals is the one administrator I have dealt with that works with people. I can't believe that someone who broke the rules, and knows they broke the rules, continues to act like they have a leg to stand on.

You screwed up - PERIOD. Now you're so pissed off that you're going to make sure you tell everyone what a fraud 2DollarDeals is so it takes the blame off of you.

I have never had a problem with this site. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best.

For a college student, you sure do act ignorant.

laurelwm

21-03-2007 11:47:05

Harley_girl1963 - I agree with you completely. Lately it seems like every other post is (basically) [be3515858cf]"I broke a rule, but I didn't mean to, and now they won't make an exception for me."[/be3515858cf]

My kids will tell you that I am a big fan of consequence learning - sometimes the hardest lessons to learn are the ones you need the most. Yes, it is nice if site owners can be a little flexible (and the ones I've dealt with always were), but when you break a rule, you pay the price. Just like speeding tickets - if you were speeding and you get caught, you should just pay the ticket and keep your mouth shut.

Can we get past the whining already???

Laurel

bballp6699

21-03-2007 17:29:43

Personally I don't see why the people that have absolutely nothing to do with the situation feel the need to provide their two cents which don't help either side of the argument. Your kids and your parenting have nothing to do with freebies and insulting members for "whining" and calling them ignorant isn't needed either. Just because some of you had success with a site doesn't mean everyone else does.

I used to always check my sites from school when I did sites, so I guess that's why I feel for the guy a bit. Isn't there a way that his referral can be proven legitimate rather than throwing eleven referrals away?

It's true that some sites just kill you at the door for violating TOS, but communication and being willing to work with the users is what keeps independent sites going. Just take a look at YGF and the way he handled certain mix ups.

But like I said, your site.

harley_girl1963

21-03-2007 17:35:50

Well you certainly didn't have a problem sticking you so called 2 cents worth in. How hypocritical of a statement was that.

It's simple, obey the rules and the TOS or accept the consequences.

2DollarDeal is a top notch site.

I have done enough of her sites and received enough cash that I feel I have every right to speak up.

bballp6699

21-03-2007 17:41:25

[quotedf14865e36="harley_girl1963"]Well you certainly didn't have a problem sticking you so called 2 cents worth in. How hypocritical of a statement was that.

It's simple, obey the rules and the TOS or accept the consequences.

2DollarDeal is a top notch site.

I have done enough of her sites and received enough cash that I feel I have every right to speak up.[/quotedf14865e36]

I wasn't referring to your post aside from you calling him ignorant. So simmer down. I also said the posts that have nothing to do to help either side of the argument, therefore, not hypocritical, as mine did.

I've also been doing sites for two years, and you've been doing them for two months. Just to let you know before you get hurt. EVERY site owner is doing it for the money. Don't fall in love with them so much.

Oh, and nothing against 2DollarDeals. I have never done their sites, so they could be great for all I know.

k? thx

b0otleg

21-03-2007 18:58:10

[quote195f0d9da7]
Just like speeding tickets - if you were speeding and you get caught, you should just pay the ticket and keep your mouth shut. [/quote195f0d9da7]

Here's an analogy, I sped 5 miles over the speed limit and 2DD took my car. That's what I'm complaining, thats why exceptions should be made.

zr2152

21-03-2007 19:52:55

[quotedcc228a8b3="b0otleg"][quotedcc228a8b3]
Just like speeding tickets - if you were speeding and you get caught, you should just pay the ticket and keep your mouth shut. [/quotedcc228a8b3]

Here's an analogy, I sped 5 miles over the speed limit and 2DD took my car. That's what I'm complaining, thats why exceptions should be made.[/quotedcc228a8b3]

Here is an analogy

You broke the TOS. END OF STORY. This conversation is over playa.

b0otleg

21-03-2007 21:51:59

Thanks breh, I remember when women had no rights. It was teh law! Omgz! Therefore it must be right! Lawlz!

Sarcasm for those who are thick-skulled. And shit, for everyone flaming me, I didn't know the WiFi gave everyone the same IP until after I got put on hold obviously.

jdizzle314

21-03-2007 22:47:18

Trust me you can argue this till your blue in the face...look at it this way

You broke a rule...and there are 2 choices

1. 2Dollardeals can pay you the 600 bucks
2. He can keep it and put it in his pockets because he is justified

Which do you think he will do lol

b0otleg

22-03-2007 01:27:50

Mikhail, if you truly changed the TOS to not make it final and if you truly investigate things and stick to it, then I am satisfied with the outcome of this thread and applaud you for making change. I sure hope you are not simply saying it to cover your back. I apologize for my rudeness and dropping the f-bomb but frankly I felt like I got robbed at the time. You seemed to be saying NO EXCEPTIONS during first five minutes of the conversation, and then reinforced your decision throughout the rest of it. This is definitely a different image then what you're portraying here publicly in the forums. If you do investigate each instance and have let several people off hold then what does it take to prove innocence? You told me impossible. What made the people you took off hold anymore guilty than I was? You told me it didn't matter, it was in the TOS and you were sticking to it. It's not adding up, and I hope you have some rational explanation. I was very patient with you considering the magnitude of my loss but you should of expected me to snap when you started accusing me of fraud on top of the injury.

I can bear with my losses, but I'm not selfish. I'm looking out for other people who are going to be hit hard when they make mistakes like the one I made. I don't know if I agree with how you treated my case considering you said you have let other people off hold. Nevertheless, I hope in the future you will use better methods of detecting fraud other than IP addresses and take heed that this problem is going to grow even bigger. This isn't an unreasonable request, considering many other freebie networks have them and can distinguish between unique users even on campuses in which users share the same IP. Keep in mind, unique IP's will become a thing of the past and its in the best interests of your users and your own if you plan to stay competitive. Honestly, save being put on hold obviously when I felt it was undeserved-- it was an easy site to complete otherwise highly recommendable. Hell, I was planning on completing the rest of your sites.

gmario

22-03-2007 02:03:39

[quote82590eade6="jdizzle314"]Trust me you can argue this till your blue in the face...look at it this way

You broke a rule...and there are 2 choices

1. 2Dollardeals can pay you the 600 bucks
2. He can keep it and put it in his pockets because he is justified

Which do you think he will do lol[/quote82590eade6]

He?? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol I think you mean SHE 8)