How long is TOO long to wait for payment?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56953

dianaizme1

16-03-2007 16:57:01

Since I am still a newbie, I'm trying to find the right spot on this forum where it states how long is too long to wait for a payment for going green.

One of my trading partners had a TR higher than mine, at the time. I agreed to his terms and he set up the Trade Module. Well, I greened in 24 hrs. That was way back on February 15. He STILL hasn't paid me. States is waiting for the last 2 traders to green for him and for him to receive his payment before he pays me.

The last communication with him was awhile back, too. He hasn't answered my last PM. Although, he has viewed it. Help! What is my next step? PM a moderator?
?

condra

16-03-2007 17:06:42

well if he said on approval...then maybe he hasn't cashed out yet. however, since you got 13 tr, i think he should revise the rule a bit...

laurelwm

16-03-2007 18:48:55

If your trade was "on approval" you should know that approval can take weeks, sometimes months, depending on how close the trader is to finishing the site.

And, Condra, why would gaining a higher TR after the agreement mean he should change what they agreed on??? When I am trading, I try to pay my refs early if they are doing a great job for me, if our agreement was "on approval", I feel that I am justified in following our agreement and paying on approval.

Laurel

ghstlegacy17

16-03-2007 19:56:13

I agree with laurel in that gaining a higher TR shouldn't constitute changing the original agreement though I would say that as a trader, it would be out of courtesy to pay a ref if their TR reaches a certain point and have waited awhile for payment.

condra

16-03-2007 20:15:19

[quote0f5d5ccf05="laurelwm"]If your trade was "on approval" you should know that approval can take weeks, sometimes months, depending on how close the trader is to finishing the site.

And, Condra, why would gaining a higher TR after the agreement mean he should change what they agreed on??? When I am trading, I try to pay my refs early if they are doing a great job for me, if our agreement was "on approval", I feel that I am justified in following our agreement and paying on approval.

Laurel[/quote0f5d5ccf05]

the main reason I pay my greens on approval is that I fear them gong red, right? now if they are lets say even pursuing sites on their own, then I assume there is a less chance of them being frauders.

and I hate waiting for ppl to pay me (my first trade, I waited 1 month or so), and I understand that everyone wants to get paid quickly. besides, it builds up confidence. who would want to trade with someone that always pays on approval? not me....

yes, it is curtesy --- that's what makes a good trader.

D

side note of course, you'Re right. I just expressed my personal opinion on the matter

laurelwm

16-03-2007 20:18:52

personal opinions are always valid. I actually do often pay my refs early, as much as possible, especially when they've worked hard for me.

And, Condra, as much as we post back & forth, we should trade one of these days. PM me if you're interested.

Laurel

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

17-03-2007 10:02:41

My question is....if the trade was agreed to pay on approval, why would he tell diana he is waiting for his last 2 greens and TO GET PAID