How likely is it?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56829

OrionJas

15-03-2007 09:54:17

I need to know how likely it is for someone to steal bank accounts on here. If I get paid through paypal, what are the chances that someone can hack into my paypal and wipe me clean? This is very important for me to know, so I'd like as many responses as I can get.... thank you all very much

manOFice

15-03-2007 10:18:19

Unlikely

givmea1032

15-03-2007 12:11:08

[quote3e4c9a908d="O4F-Manofice"]Unlikely[/quote3e4c9a908d]

yeah, not from users. But there was a problem with the GottaPlay offer that lost a lot of peoples card info and they got charged a lot for other stuff.... So I'd stay clear, they say they fixed it, but if you're really that worried about it...

DIABLO

15-03-2007 15:56:02

Yeah, next to nothing, nobody's bank accounts are actually stolen, they just sign up for things and forget to cancel, then say they got scammed, even though they agreed to pay for everything. Read the terms of service for every offer you do and you'll be fine.

Margot530

15-03-2007 16:35:26

I have never had a problem with paypal, but was a victim of identity theft after signing up for an offer. My bank is researching it, and I don't want to name what offer it was, as I don't know who to blame yet. But I will say this much...it was VERY ironic!

evil

TriforceXHacks

15-03-2007 16:42:37

[quote2de7e7b09e="Margot530"]I have never had a problem with paypal, but was a victim of identity theft after signing up for an offer. My bank is researching it, and I don't want to name what offer it was, as I don't know who to blame yet. But I will say this much...it was VERY ironic!

evil[/quote2de7e7b09e]

I think it would be very selfish to not disclose that information.

Roger

15-03-2007 19:08:51

I would say It would be almost Impossible to hack In to Paypal with just your email address,

If they had your email and your password they could clean you out, the way I do It Is i keep about $100 In my paypal account and about $200 In my bank account,

when i get over $200 In my bank account I have it trancefer over to my other bank that only me and the bank knows about,

doing It this way the most I could lose would be $300 ,

My advise is Never Keep much money In any account that you use online.

secondjob

15-03-2007 19:26:57

Use different passwords for your paypal account and any sites you sign up for. I believe there was a thread in here a few days ago about a scammer site that hacked into a paypal account and refunded a gift that was paid. Check me on this, I not completely sure. I do know it said to use different passwords for money accounts though. Goodluck and be safe!

If I have helped, feel free to give me a karma point!

coolvaughan

15-03-2007 19:49:12

PayPal Money Market account pays 5% a month. Much better then the interest on any bank or credit union in my town. Bank accounts are online these days and can get cleaned out just as easy. For now, I trust PP with my mula.

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

15-03-2007 21:05:19

I am a huge fan of paypal....as far as security and trusting them to keep me safe from any sort of fraud or identity theft or whatever. When I started doing freebies I used my paypal debit card to do offers. One offer...which I have no problem mentioning, the phentrazine offer...has some BS TOS and charged my paypal acct $150. Paypal took about 7 days to get that money back into my acct. I don't do my offers through my paypal debit card anymore as the authorization amount that offers put through to your credit card puts a hold on your actual money whereas it's only holding "credit" if you do the offers with a credit card. But I do love my paypal. I've been using it for years as I also sell on E-bay and use paypal to do all of my postage and shipping online. It's the greatest thing ever, except for 2 things....the fees they charge (I only complain because they charge fees on top of ebay fees and ebay owns paypal so why do they need to charge me sooooo much) and the fact that I can't pay certain bills online because I have no bank acct routing number or checking acct number. Other than that....I LOVE PAYPAL!

Margot530

16-03-2007 07:32:49

[quote6086b05ee0="TriforceXHacks"][quote6086b05ee0="Margot530"]I have never had a problem with paypal, but was a victim of identity theft after signing up for an offer. My bank is researching it, and I don't want to name what offer it was, as I don't know who to blame yet. But I will say this much...it was VERY ironic!

evil[/quote6086b05ee0]

I think it would be very selfish to not disclose that information.[/quote6086b05ee0]

I apologize, I certainly am not trying to be rude. However, if I don't know for a fact that it was the site its self or an employee of that site, I would be leaving myself open to a whole host of legal problems. If I do find out that it was indeed a result of completing that offer, you all will be the FIRST to know!!!

If anyone wants the info; I believe I could safely let you know through e-mail. email==margot5301@yahoo.commargot5301@yahoo.com=margot5301@yahoo.commargot5301@yahoo.com/email.

Please remember that this happened after completing an offer, and could simply be a coincidence.