becareful what company has your credit card number

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56148

jennywhitley

08-03-2007 05:20:41

I am none with trading, becuace I wake up and ckeck my bank account,and there are alot of others chargers, from the same company,they have messed up my account,the bank says since they have my #, ever thou I canceled after I tryed them out. We put a block on my card, so they can NO LONGER take my money. just be careful,some I didn't ever sign up for,its like the set up an account themself or something.

nytrate

08-03-2007 05:25:27

actually I doubt any offers steal your credit card #

They do, however, trick you into signing up for other services. You must read the fine print carefully and look at diff check boxes and READ what you are agreeing to.

manOFice

08-03-2007 06:32:43

[quote27ce5a2cfb="nytrate"]actually I doubt any offers steal your credit card #

They do, however, trick you into signing up for other services. You must read the fine print carefully and look at diff check boxes and READ what you are agreeing to.[/quote27ce5a2cfb]

Not necessarily "trick" you. But I signed up for an offer a little ago and read the TOS and by signing up I was getting 2 other member ships free of charge but on the 14th day I would get charged. So if you didn't read the TOS of course you're gonna get charged by different company's but if you read carefully you'll be fine.

dmorris68

08-03-2007 06:44:08

Actually, there is one offer out there -- GottaPlay I think it was -- that recently compromised a lot of people's CC numbers. They claim it was a security breach and has been fixed now, but I'm still suspicious. A lot of folks, including some FiPG members, were charged hundreds and in some cases thousands of dollars at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

It would be helpful if you could list which offers you've done, so that it could be narrowed down. That's how we figured out it was GottaPlay (all the victims had GottaPlay in common).

manOFice

08-03-2007 06:46:26

[quote01762458a1="dmorris68"]Actually, there is one offer out there -- GottaPlay I think it was -- that recently compromised a lot of people's CC numbers. They claim it was a security breach and has been fixed now, but I'm still suspicious. A lot of folks, including some FiPG members, were charged hundreds and in some cases thousands of dollars at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

It would be helpful if you could list which offers you've done, so that it could be narrowed down. That's how we figured out it was GottaPlay (all the victims had GottaPlay in common).[/quote01762458a1]

True, forgot about that offer, I'm glad I've never done that one.

TryinToGetPaid

08-03-2007 06:53:00

Yeah....my first email back from them was that I was crazy, and there was NO WAY there was a breach in their site. But after pointing them to the countless threads, as well as the thread about what ports were open - they quickly apologized and said they would have their security tech "look into it". The company never offered anyone any sort of compensation, thus I will stay FAR FAR away from them.....

manOFice

08-03-2007 06:56:49

[quote47eb3c434a="TryinToGetPaid"]Yeah....my first email back from them was that I was crazy, and there was NO WAY there was a breach in their site. But after pointing them to the countless threads, as well as the thread about what ports were open - they quickly apologized and said they would have their security tech "look into it". The company never offered anyone any sort of compensation, thus I will stay FAR FAR away from them.....[/quote47eb3c434a]

Wow I can't believe they didn't offer compensation for that. But even if they did and i was affected by that breach I wouldn't take it, i would stay away.

nytrate

08-03-2007 09:47:06

how is GottaPlay still in business?

We need some lawyers up in this place ASAP!

MyJobIsThis

08-03-2007 16:06:45

Can not stress it enough use a prepaid card so you don't have to deal with that b/s

krayf

11-03-2007 20:20:27

Well...... sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I am cancelling our trade that you have gone yellow on, since you don't respond to my PM's to let me know if you are in or out.

Once again...... I am sorry you had a bad experience! Thanks!

asuperstar103

13-03-2007 06:25:07

[quotee1e62285d3="MyJobIsThis"]Can not stress it enough use a prepaid card so you don't have to deal with that b/s[/quotee1e62285d3]

Hmmm...this not good. I submitted to Gottaplay just the other day. Have not received credit yet. I think I'll cancel today and just do another offer. I use my credit card. It's a card I use for nothing else, so if someone charges things to this card I just put in a dispute at my credit card company and they take care of it for me. Always worked for me. asuperstar103

manOFice

13-03-2007 06:37:18

We really shouldn't be talking about cancellation here on fipg. But...i'm sure since gotta play realized the breach they are fine now but i would advise anyone to stay away from that offer...

stueybaby17

13-03-2007 11:04:48

[quote071e2729fe="dmorris68"]Actually, there is one offer out there -- GottaPlay I think it was -- that recently compromised a lot of people's CC numbers. They claim it was a security breach and has been fixed now, but I'm still suspicious. A lot of folks, including some FiPG members, were charged hundreds and in some cases thousands of dollars at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

It would be helpful if you could list which offers you've done, so that it could be narrowed down. That's how we figured out it was GottaPlay (all the victims had GottaPlay in common).[/quote071e2729fe]

QFT! They got me for a few grand. Luckly my bank declined the charges from the very beginning.

papi08861

29-03-2007 20:18:54

[quotefc07e09024="MyJobIsThis"]Can not stress it enough use a prepaid card so you don't have to deal with that b/s[/quotefc07e09024]

where can i get a prepaid credit card?where do the sell them?

Paczki

29-03-2007 20:55:35

[quotebf569740b2="papi08861"][quotebf569740b2="MyJobIsThis"]Can not stress it enough use a prepaid card so you don't have to deal with that b/s[/quotebf569740b2]

where can i get a prepaid credit card?where do the sell them?[/quotebf569740b2]

Your bank or if you have a local Walgreens that sells them, 7/11 used to have them

cubbieco

30-03-2007 01:43:44

Careful with the prepaid debit card thing. You could be violating somebodys terms of service. Especially if you don't keep it funded.

The thing people aren't telling you is that you are not entitled to the same protection with a debit card than with a credit card. Get a good credit card with a 0 fraud liability then you should be fine. If you are charged because you didn't cancel an offer, then that's your own fault and a prepaid debit card declining might just cause the company to come after you to collect the debt.

While I'm still a newbie, I've done many offers with a regular credit card and had no problems.

Latanya

03-04-2007 16:15:56

That was about to happen to me until I reAd the fine print. They almost got me.