is the whole site a scam?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56069

moofiepie

07-03-2007 12:41:52

Is this whole site a scam and I am missing it? So far I have done trades for three people from which I should have been paid $65 and they all seem to have either disappeared or suddenly forgot that I did anything for them or can't find my username in anything even though in the trade module it even says I went green. I am starting to understand why I never did stuff like this...it really is all a scam.

Wolfeman

07-03-2007 12:50:30

Its not a scam but people are scammers. You have to trade with people that have high TR so you know they are legit. We've credited 17628 trades and the vast majority are legit. Its that 1% scammers that ruins it for everyone...

gmario

07-03-2007 12:56:31

Nah is not a scam is just that people tend to fall for user paying high amount of cash for simple sites, when all they really want is trick people on getting easy green and then just disappear.

DIABLO

07-03-2007 13:06:24

Nope, definatley not a scam, you're just trading with the losers who come to the forum and cheat people out of $20 because they're too lazy to get a real job. You can trade with higher TR people, meaning they completed more succesful trades, you can always trade with me, if you'd like, I've got 34+ TR, so I can be trusted )

laurelwm

07-03-2007 13:23:45

NOT A SCAM !!!! I've completed more than 50 trades in the past two months, with about 40 more in process right now, have gotten cashouts of over $1000 in the last few weeks, and am working on more.

Have I had problems with anyone??? Of course. But you keep going on, cause overall it's good. But I do recommend when you're starting out to trade with traders with a higher TR, since they are less likely to be here today and gone tomorrow.

Laurel

ghstlegacy17

07-03-2007 13:33:14

Yeah, this is definitely not a scam. I had a hard time believing it worked at first but when it did, I was like O_O You just gotta make sure you find the right people to trade with. If the price is too good to be true, then find an alternative.

stueybaby17

07-03-2007 13:48:58

Yeah just this week I got $1525.

So this isn't a scam.

But I have a question for you. Did you make sure you did everything right? I mean I have had newbies sign up and never do an offer and think they have gone green.

Also what were the terms? If they said after approval then you have to wait until the person you are dealing with finishes the site and is approved for their gift.

coolvaughan

07-03-2007 14:37:36

Interesting.

Both of my trades with moofie are upon approval and she has yet to even green on either site.

moofiepie

08-03-2007 09:07:33

why yes, coolvaughn that is interesting considering I got a pm from you a couple days ago saying that I had gone green.

gmario

08-03-2007 09:13:11

[quote41391c3287="moofiepie"]why yes, coolvaughn that is interesting considering I got a pm from you a couple days ago saying that I had gone green.[/quote41391c3287]

lol busted lol anyways moofiepie just read the rules again maybe your doing something wrong.

stueybaby17

08-03-2007 09:20:57

[quoted9253594bd="moofiepie"]why yes, coolvaughn that is interesting considering I got a pm from you a couple days ago saying that I had gone green.[/quoted9253594bd]

If the agreenment is paying upon approval then it doesn't matter when you go green. You do not get paid until he is approved.

laurelwm

08-03-2007 09:22:25

[quoteeb7255a177="moofiepie"]Is this whole site a scam and I am missing it? So far I have done trades for three people from which I should have been paid $65 and they all seem to have either disappeared or suddenly forgot that I did anything for them or can't find my username in anything even though in the trade module it even says I went green. I am starting to understand why I never did stuff like this...it really is all a scam.[/quoteeb7255a177]

I don't really think 8 days is long enough to declare the whole site a scam (you signed up on 2/27 and posted 3/7 - even assuming you did all of your trades [beb7255a177]immediately[/beb7255a177] upon signing up, it's only 8 days). Patience really is a good thing.

Are you sure that the trades you are owed for are not "on approval"?? Approval can take up to a month, depending on how close the other trader is to being finished.

If they are suppose to be "on green", have you PMd the other trader?? If so, is the PM still sitting in your Outbox (unread)?? Not everyone is able to be on here every day.

If it was suppose to be "on green" and you haven't heard from the other trader in a week (after greening), PM a moderator and bring it to their attention - they can check if the other trader has logged on or not.

With the 1000s of traders on this forum, you will occasionally run into someone who is a problem. That doesn't make everyone a scammer or the site a scam. Life is just like that sometimes.

Laurel

grndmsta

10-03-2007 06:01:32

I have to agree with the majority. It is all about how you pursue it. My first deal from another forum, I got screwed out of my money. That specific individual was a scammer, but you learn from your mistakes. Paying on approval can very well mean a looong time, so you really gotta think what you are willing to wait for. But if they are an establshed trader, they won't scam you out of your money, and they will pay! I have been reviewing and researching a lot, and they just use it as a way to be cautious. on this site, you won't find that many illegitimate users, if you do, they are caught pretty darn fast! That is why in the tips and rules and such, no TR is given to two traders under 4 TR. Really once you get your first few trades under your belt and you get yourself establish with good feedback and such, you really start to realize this isn't a scam, I wish you the best of luck with your tradings!

KeithA

10-03-2007 07:51:18

[quoted3ca245414="coolvaughan"]Interesting.

Both of my trades with moofie are upon approval and she has yet to even green on either site.[/quoted3ca245414]

You [id3ca245414]did[/id3ca245414] PM her to say that she was green on one of your sites...

I'd ask anyone in a trade with moofiepie to extend her a little more courtesy than usual and to politely explain how long things take. We all know how frustrating things can be early on when your expectations and skepticism are high.