People who have been charged THOUSANDS!!!! LOOK HERE!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54428

zr2152

18-02-2007 17:31:40

So over the past week I have seen ppl being charged like thousands of dollars from $1 or $2 offers.

Instead of bitching about it we need to get something done.

For all of you have been a victim, Post

1. Name of the offer
2. The initial charge (what it should have been)
3. What the "thousand dollar" charge was..exactly
4. The name of the site that you did it on

After you got your credit card thing straightened out and back to normal, the best thing to do would be to contact the site that you did the offer for, and then have them contact their publishers so that they can get it fixed on their end.

Maybe this will work?

gmario

18-02-2007 17:40:57

yes please, i been asking the same thing and no one seems to be saying an answer, i want all of us to avoid this so please post here!

RAV123H

18-02-2007 18:12:18

the thing is i don't know what offer did it to me done a lot of offers

condra

18-02-2007 18:13:07

[quote9293169129="RAV123H"]the thing is i don't know what offer did it to me done a lot of offers[/quote9293169129]

list all of that you did and that you remember...it will help

johnjimjones

18-02-2007 19:07:55

Thousands? Geez.

dmorris68

18-02-2007 19:17:20

Do all of you have gottaplay.com in common? A couple folks mentioned it in another thread on the subject of having their CC info stolen and used after completing some offers.

gmario

18-02-2007 19:30:22

i did gottaplay before and had no problems with them

Hunter_82

18-02-2007 20:03:09

Everyone has been posting about their problems in different threads...so its hard to keep track. But I've noticed 3 or 4 of the users claiming to have been charged all the extra $$ have all done gottaplay.com. I've also seen several others who have done gottaplay and had no problems. If everyone with this problem would post in this tread and list the offers they have done it would be a lot easier to track!!!

jlr1981

18-02-2007 21:43:38

i got a call today from my credit card companies
and both of my credit cards that i have used to do offers with
have been compromised. someone tried to use them at some
online store called set back and then at bed, bath, & beyond.
this really sux. now i have no credit cards, both were canceled
and it upsets me that my info. was stolen. it had to have happened at
one of the offers that i did b/c thats the only place that i used them at online.

just thought that i would let everyone know...
and be careful and guard your info.

here is a list of all the offers that i have done. this is since i started just a couple weeks ago. the ones below the free credit report are the ones that i've done in the past few days. up until i did those, i have not had a problem. i did those on primodinerocash, primohousewares, and dell v-bux. i'm not saying that it happened at one of these sites, i just don't see any other way.

grant writer pro.
bargain.com
advantage language
blockbuster online
insurance.com.
video professor
juvio cream.
ebay onramp(internet speedway)
HimalayaGreenTea
Carleton Sheets
SavingSmart
Passport to Fun+
Bargain Network.
my smile pro
RMCRinc.com(free credit report)
ultima smile
body shape
Zoeta
goattaplay.com
stamps.com
new york times
thin tabs
stop smoking resolution

gmario

18-02-2007 22:21:27

are you serious you got a call today?? wtf thats crazy man i done a few of those but no problems, and i never done any of the sites u listed either tho

stueybaby17

19-02-2007 05:44:54

[quote3e7fb0e69d="dmorris68"]Do all of you have gottaplay.com in common? A couple folks mentioned it in another thread on the subject of having their CC info stolen and used after completing some offers.[/quote3e7fb0e69d]

I did

stueybaby17

19-02-2007 05:48:23

[quoted3ebafc995="jlr1981"]i got a call today from my credit card companies
and both of my credit cards that i have used to do offers with
have been compromised. someone tried to use them at some
online store called set back and then at bed, bath, & beyond.
this really sux. now i have no credit cards, both were canceled
and it upsets me that my info. was stolen. it had to have happened at
one of the offers that i did b/c thats the only place that i used them at online.

just thought that i would let everyone know...
and be careful and guard your info.

here is a list of all the offers that i have done. this is since i started just a couple weeks ago. the ones below the free credit report are the ones that i've done in the past few days. up until i did those, i have not had a problem. i did those on primodinerocash, primohousewares, and dell v-bux. i'm not saying that it happened at one of these sites, i just don't see any other way.

grant writer pro.
bargain.com
advantage language
blockbuster online
insurance.com.
video professor
juvio cream.
ebay onramp(internet speedway)
HimalayaGreenTea
Carleton Sheets
SavingSmart
Passport to Fun+
Bargain Network.
my smile pro
ultima smile
body shape
Zoeta
goattaplay.com
stamps.com
new york times
thin tabs
stop smoking resolution[/quoted3ebafc995]

I had a bunch of other charges but bed bath and beyond was one of mine too. From your list I did
bargain.com
goattaplay.com
stamps.com
Passport to Fun+
video professor
blockbuster online

I also did
At Home rewards.

jy3

19-02-2007 09:01:57

NEVER cancel a credit card. most credit card companies can create a new number for u and transfer your credit over to that. citibank is a great company that protects u against all of this stuff.

stueybaby17

19-02-2007 09:23:36

[quoted5175c7437="jy3"]NEVER cancel a credit card. most credit card companies can create a new number for u and transfer your credit over to that. citibank is a great company that protects u against all of this stuff.[/quoted5175c7437]

Yeah that's what my CC company is doing. I've only canceled one credit card ever and it was a department card that did not follow anything they said they were going to do in terms. I was supposed to have 6 months interest free. I ended up with interest on the FIRST bill. I didn't even get the 20 day grace period that was promised. Canceling a credit card looks bad on your credit report.

Oh just so everybody knows, I called gottaplay interactive to ask them if they are having complaints about credit card fraud after people have used their site, and also that they didnt' charge me according to the TOS. They are one of those companies that call back after you leave a message. So if/when they call me back I'll let eveybody know what they said.

hehehhehe

19-02-2007 09:57:23

More examples of gottaplay in this post
http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=576814#576814[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=576814#576814

They might be having some security problems and should be told what's going on.

stueybaby17

19-02-2007 12:20:53

[quote8b20f96278="hehehhehe"]More examples of gottaplay in this post
http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=576814#576814[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=576814#576814

They might be having some security problems and should be told what's going on.[/quote8b20f96278]

Yeah i called and mentioned it in a message, they don't answer the phone or something? You leave a message and they call you back.

Dolphin 2365

19-02-2007 13:39:17

I have had the samething happen, the link to the thread I posted in is here. I also sent the info to "theysayjump" (moderator) to see if he had any info, but I have not received a response. My charges were almost $1000, but the credit card company denied the last $400 or so that came in. If you read this link, it will tell you where my charges were and what I found out. cry I have completed several of the same offers listed in this thread and don't know where the problem lies, but someone is definately getting the credit card info from one of these sites.

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53757[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53757

gmario

19-02-2007 15:08:04

[quote91eac7ff39="Dolphin 2365"]I have had the samething happen, the link to the thread I posted in is here. I also sent the info to "theysayjump" (moderator) to see if he had any info, but I have not received a response. My charges were almost $1000, but the credit card company denied the last $400 or so that came in. If you read this link, it will tell you where my charges were and what I found out. cry I have completed several of the same offers listed in this thread and don't know where the problem lies, but someone is definately getting the credit card info from one of these sites.

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53757[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53757[/quote91eac7ff39]

from those sites i only done zeropricetags and ordercash4free and had no troubles.

jlr1981

19-02-2007 19:29:16

my bad...
i didn't mean to say that i canceled my credit cards.
the credit card companies canceled those cards and are going
to send me out new ones. although they said it would take 2 weeks.
that really sux....

BD2006BD

19-02-2007 20:41:20

if you wanted to be safe.. only enter your CC# if the top says http[b8317a7f71b]s[/b8317a7f71b]// and if there is a lock at the bottom right.

gmario

20-02-2007 06:45:24

i found out of another case, one of the person i met on the forums told me last nite when we were chatting on aim, that his credit card was cancelled the day b4 due to outrageous charges which i could not believe shock

jlr1981

20-02-2007 20:46:33

i always made sure that it was a secure site...
i don't know how it could have happened, unless someone
working at the company was getting the info somehow and using it

egyptianruin

21-02-2007 04:36:30

Here is someone from RefSwapper who where someone tried to charge like 1500 total to RadioShack and Discovery Channel
[quote57604db69f]
for ProjectPayday.com (where I first learned about this, ity's a site detailing how to use the fb sites, and you have to do offers for it to have access to the site.. go figure, huh?), I did

PrivacyMatters.com- credit report

SavingSmart (which they make you do along w/ PrivacyMatters)

for ReferralSwappers.com in lieu of mbrship fee

Passport to Fun- some shopping discounts junk

for FlashIpods4free.com (for the 1st swap w/ you ) i did

True.com (matchmaking, woo.)

for gear.free4me.net (2nd swap w/ you) i did

ValueMax (another crappy shopping site)

Bargain.com- some homes & motors site

for apple.v-bux.com i did

Shopping Essentials- you guessed it...

The Bob Greene Diet- Oprah's personal guru made available to us nobodies

Gottaplay.com- video game rental

Great Fun- honestly, i don't even know what this one is for!

Man come to think of it, that last one was hard!!

Yours were much easier (
[/quote57604db69f]

TryinToGetPaid

21-02-2007 06:36:03

I emailed gottplay, and they sent me an email back asking me where these accusations were being made, as well as my affilate with the site or affiliate in question.

stueybaby17

21-02-2007 07:22:41

[quote431fdad1c2="TryinToGetPaid"]I emailed gottplay, and they sent me an email back asking me where these accusations were being made, as well as my affilate with the site or affiliate in question.[/quote431fdad1c2]

I got a phone call back, but I was in class and didn't aswer it, but they just said to call back and talk to them. They sounded nice. I didn't get a chance to call them back because it was a 3hour class and they were closed by the time I would have been done.

I sent them an email too because I didn't know why they didn't call me back (it was presidents day). So I'll see what they say in there.

teeani

21-02-2007 13:13:40

1. gottaplay.com (I signed two times)
2. $21.95 (both times)
(first time)yahoo wallet about $8 and over a $1,000 for Philips store
(second time) some grocery store in NY(don't remember amount) and $1,000 at sporting goods store
4. searchchips.com

I did this offer before on 2/2/07 with no fraudulent charges.
2nd and 3rd time doing this offer there were fraudulent charges.

PS I found a lady the got charged $1,035 to Western Union http//susandennis.livejournal.com/1147031.html?thread=5363351[]http//susandennis.livejournal.com/1147031.html?thread=5363351
and she signed up for gottaplay

TryinToGetPaid

21-02-2007 13:15:13

gottaplay.com (I signed two times)

You do know that signing up 2 times for the same offer is considered fraud?

"2nd and 3rd time doing this offer "
You did the offer 3 times? Wow...Good luck lasting here.

teeani

21-02-2007 13:23:46

[quoteb61b7004f7="TryinToGetPaid"]gottaplay.com (I signed two times)

You do know that signing up 2 times for the same offer is considered fraud?

You did the offer 3 times? Wow...Good luck lasting here.[/quoteb61b7004f7]

http//www.searchchips.com/glen[]http//www.searchchips.com/glen

"Some offers that involve a registration or a purchase can be completed multiple times"

ILoveToys

21-02-2007 21:16:12

I'm sure glad I signed up for Gamefly and not Gottaplay.

Excel

22-02-2007 00:23:29

[quote8b1a682fbd="teeani"]1. gottaplay.com (I signed two times)
2. $21.95 (both times)
(first time)yahoo wallet about $8 and over a $1,000 for Philips store
(second time) some grocery store in NY(don't remember amount) and $1,000 at sporting goods store
4. searchchips.com

I did this offer before on 2/2/07 with no fraudulent charges.
2nd and 3rd time doing this offer there were fraudulent charges.

PS I found a lady the got charged $1,035 to Western Union http//susandennis.livejournal.com/1147031.html?thread=5363351[]http//susandennis.livejournal.com/1147031.html?thread=5363351
and she signed up for gottaplay[/quote8b1a682fbd]

Just so realize, you just admitted to frauding offers... Doing any offer more then once = fraud.

laurelwm

22-02-2007 05:13:50

[quote06d10eb366="teeani"]gottaplay.com (I signed two times)

http//www.searchchips.com/glen[]http//www.searchchips.com/glen

"Some offers that involve a registration or a purchase can be completed multiple times"[/quote06d10eb366]

What [u06d10eb366][b06d10eb366]searchchips[/b06d10eb366][/u06d10eb366] allows has [b06d10eb366]nothing[/b06d10eb366] to do with what Freebie sites allow. The way the advertisers pay the site owners is restricted to ONCE per person, if you sign up for the same offer more than once, you are commiting fraud and will be put on hold.

Don't risk it.......

Laurel

hehehhehe

22-02-2007 10:21:30

At this point, why don't just warn everybody here (and a4f) not to do gottaplay just to be safe?

Knowing for sure if it's them or having the company do anything about this will take forever.

If you've contacted the company and they are not cooperative, start making posts in usual places (rip-off report, bbb, etc...) so this gets some attention.

ttantt

22-02-2007 10:32:18

I just checked my credit card today and found $1,695.00 pending balance. I visited www.nanoipod4free.com, www.yourfreevideoipods.com, and www.desktopcomputers4free.com I am not sure what offer scammed me, but I know I signed up for, Videoprofessor, Ebay free kit, At home Rewards, Gottaplay.com, Bargain network, Smile Pro, and Critics Choice Entertainment Program.

Like I said, I do not know which offer is the problem, but I had to cancel my credit card and get a new number. I wanted to apologize to anyone I am currently trading with because it may effect them. I am new here and find this very discouraging. Any advise as how to do this without getting scammed please let me know. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks and Sorry.

PeterGriffin1Fan

22-02-2007 10:44:24

It's has to be between Video Professor, At Home Rewards, and Gottaplay. While Gottaplay has to be the most suspicious at this point, the people in this thread have alluded to the other two as well.

For some reason though, I doubt it Video Professor because they are fairly reputable and have never heard bad things before this (in fact, I've done that one).

I have to think it's between At Home Rewards and Gottaplay. I know a couple of you have tried to contact Gottaplay. Has anyone tried contacting At Home Rewards?

stueybaby17

22-02-2007 16:13:02

[quote561914fca2="PeterGriffin1Fan"]It's has to be between Video Professor, At Home Rewards, and Gottaplay. While Gottaplay has to be the most suspicious at this point, the people in this thread have alluded to the other two as well.

For some reason though, I doubt it Video Professor because they are fairly reputable and have never heard bad things before this (in fact, I've done that one).

I have to think it's between At Home Rewards and Gottaplay. I know a couple of you have tried to contact Gottaplay. Has anyone tried contacting At Home Rewards?[/quote561914fca2]

I believe it is gottaplay. They still have not emailed me back. Or refunded my account for the charge they place to cover the cost of the game in case you keep it.

It could be at home rewards also.

But I really dont think its video professor. They are too reputable of a company and I dont' believe it is them. I believe they probably have too much business for that type of stuff. If it was them I'm sure somebody somewhere not on the forum here would have complained about it.

The other two are probably less used and are much more likely to have the problem, but i'm really leaning towards gottaplay.

KeithA

22-02-2007 18:45:23

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54832[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54832

unknown uchiha

22-02-2007 22:58:50

[quote7f6041e3d1="stueybaby17"][quote7f6041e3d1="PeterGriffin1Fan"]It's has to be between Video Professor, At Home Rewards, and Gottaplay. While Gottaplay has to be the most suspicious at this point, the people in this thread have alluded to the other two as well.

I have to think it's between At Home Rewards and Gottaplay. I know a couple of you have tried to contact Gottaplay. Has anyone tried contacting At Home Rewards?[/quote7f6041e3d1]

I believe it is gottaplay. They still have not emailed me back. Or refunded my account for the charge they place to cover the cost of the game in case you keep it.

But I really dont think its video professor. They are too reputable of a company and I dont' believe it is them. I believe they probably have too much business for that type of stuff. If it was them I'm sure somebody somewhere not on the forum here would have complained about it.

The other two are probably less used and are much more likely to have the problem, but i'm really leaning towards gottaplay.[/quote7f6041e3d1]

Gottaplay hasn't refunded their "hold" for my trial. Bastards. I sent them an angry email haha.

zr2152

22-02-2007 23:16:21

[quote1ea3ed434c="unknown uchiha"][quote1ea3ed434c="stueybaby17"][quote1ea3ed434c="PeterGriffin1Fan"]It's has to be between Video Professor, At Home Rewards, and Gottaplay. While Gottaplay has to be the most suspicious at this point, the people in this thread have alluded to the other two as well.

I have to think it's between At Home Rewards and Gottaplay. I know a couple of you have tried to contact Gottaplay. Has anyone tried contacting At Home Rewards?[/quote1ea3ed434c]

The other two are probably less used and are much more likely to have the problem, but i'm really leaning towards gottaplay.[/quote1ea3ed434c]

Gottaplay hasn't refunded their "hold" for my trial. Bastards. I sent them an angry email haha.[/quote1ea3ed434c]

yo rich did you get charged 100000 dollars yet or are you hoping that you dont?

andchlan

02-03-2007 07:57:13

DAM evil I should have read this before I started. I just signed up for gottaplay two days ago. I am going to cancel this membership today even it means I loose credit. This is crazy. I am so scared my card company just called and left me a message to call them back. I hope there is nothing wrong.

zr2152

02-03-2007 08:20:21

id cancel it if i were you, its not worth 1000 of dollars going down the drain.

andchlan

02-03-2007 08:22:08

When the game comes I will send it right back.

gambit00x

01-05-2007 23:27:23

I avoid a world of trouble by using a prepaid card. If the offer doesn't allow it, I go with my gut feeling on the company, otherwise I do another offer.