Pisi and michelleb PM spamming

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53255

BD2006BD

04-02-2007 20:02:56

Are these guys spamming anyone else? I never said that I want to sign up for sites.

From michelleb
Subject Hi
I need an instant green on primo.com/blu i'm paying $30 for it let me know if your interest

From pisi
Subject Re bealevenita
I need greens on 6.getfriendsnetwork.com. Will pay $21 after approval. Easy offers to complete. Need to do 1 full credit offer or 2 1/2 credit offers. So you will earn credit. I will help you out any way i can. PM if interested or contact me on YIM at pisi_jc.

DCoop

04-02-2007 20:43:35

Yup, I got one too.

michelleb

04-02-2007 21:59:34

hmm i thought the point of this site was to trade. how can you be on a trading site and not expect people to inquire with you about trading ? whats the point ? and because your post states that you looking for referrals for the site your trying to complete doesn't mean that your not doing offers it simply means that your trying to complete that site. hmm on the other hand i must have really gotten under your skin considering that you took the time to post in the forum that i had an inquiry.

FreeEnterprize Joe

04-02-2007 22:04:56

i received spam from pisi... i dont even trade anymore...

BD2006BD

04-02-2007 22:22:35

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/newbie.php#3

first thing there

michelleb

04-02-2007 22:44:41

yes it states not to contact members unless they've shown interest in trading. the fact that your actively posting in the trading forum and trading shows that your in fact interested in trading otherwise you wouldn't have been posting in there at all. how can you be active in a trading forum and not expect to get inquiries about trading ? I do think its a bit funny that you got so upset about a question where you could have simply responded "no i'm not interested" or not respond at all and it would have been done there.

[quote88b75a34fc="BD2006BD"]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/newbie.php#3

first thing there[/quote88b75a34fc]

Aurelius

04-02-2007 23:06:32

[quote47e9f47265="michelleb"]yes it states not to contact members unless they've shown interest in trading. the fact that your actively posting in the trading forum and trading shows that your in fact interested in trading otherwise you wouldn't have been posting in there at all. how can you be active in a trading forum and not expect to get inquiries about trading ? I do think its a bit funny that you got so upset about a question where you could have simply responded "no i'm not interested" or not respond at all and it would have been done there.

[quote47e9f47265="BD2006BD"]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/newbie.php#3

first thing there[/quote47e9f47265][/quote47e9f47265]

So how'd FreeEnterprise get a PM? Also, if that were allowed, would you want to respond "No, I'm not interested" to every PM if every newbie who signed up sent you one? That'd be several hundred PM's and considering how there's a time delay between PM's you can send, it'd take forever.

michelleb

04-02-2007 23:17:42

I did not contact FreeEnterprise. and if your going to make reference to something i said quote what i said correctly. i said to respond your not interested or dont respond at all. I dont have a problem with anyone contacting me about their offers. I think its interesting that you love newbies when it comes to giving you a green but when they make inquires to you there is a big issue.

[quoteb775afe384="Aurelius"][quoteb775afe384="michelleb"]yes it states not to contact members unless they've shown interest in trading. the fact that your actively posting in the trading forum and trading shows that your in fact interested in trading otherwise you wouldn't have been posting in there at all. how can you be active in a trading forum and not expect to get inquiries about trading ? I do think its a bit funny that you got so upset about a question where you could have simply responded "no i'm not interested" or not respond at all and it would have been done there.

[quoteb775afe384="BD2006BD"]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/newbie.php#3

first thing there[/quoteb775afe384][/quoteb775afe384]

So how'd FreeEnterprise get a PM? Also, if that were allowed, would you want to respond "No, I'm not interested" to every PM if every newbie who signed up sent you one? That'd be several hundred PM's and considering how there's a time delay between PM's you can send, it'd take forever.[/quoteb775afe384]

condra

05-02-2007 06:16:56

look, there is no big deal they will not send unsolicitated messages again, and that's it.
i get some messages about trading when i am only paying for greens and i don't get upset. sometimes there are interesting offers D

DCoop

05-02-2007 06:25:44

I just want to let it known that I was only referring to pisi in my "Me too" response above, and it looks like that's who FreeEnterprize was as well, not michelleb. (The thread title/post was changed after I posted).

Anyway, on the subject of PM spamming. If someone says "Trading for anything" or "Looking to start new sites" then yeah, pm away, but follow established trade guidelines (which pisi did not - "pay after approval" with his +1 TR? I doubt it).
If a person is only trading cash or looking to do a specified set of sites (ie. all trainn), while the trader is active, PMing about something else is spamming since the person is only interested in a select list of sites (or no sites in the case of $$ for green).

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

05-02-2007 07:26:39

Just want to say that I also received a PM from pisi, but just deleted it as I've never seen that name in the trade forum and clearly am not looking to sign up for sites for paypal right now. I've seen micheleb all over the trade forum but haven't received a PM from her. If I had, at least I would've recognized the name = ) Good luck everyone!

dmorris68

05-02-2007 10:09:48

Just to clarify, unsolicited PM's are not allowed. Use common sense -- if someone posts a general trading topic saying "I'm open to do any sites, PM me if interested." then that's fine. However if someone is trading for site X and you PM asking about doing site Y [bd31aed2f63]then that is not okay.[/bd31aed2f63]

Yes this is a trading site, and interest in trading is expressed through posts in the Trading Post forum, or via [id31aed2f63]solicited[/id31aed2f63] PM's only.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

corim123

05-02-2007 14:10:47

Got them too.