Account on hold need Help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=52401

ronnie99

25-01-2007 18:42:19

Hello

I am a newbie and I am having problems with gaming.customorderthis.com

I have completed 10 referrals for a $400 paypal gift.

I paid all these referrals when they went green so I am out $200.

When I tried to recieve the gift I was placed on hold because he said I was using a proxy.

I did not use a proxy and I have sent several support tickets to no avail.

I told him that I use a DSL modem and I have a VOIP router on my computer.

I only have 1 computer and that is the only computer that I used to go to that website.

I contacted my ISP and they sent me a email stating that my IP address will show diferent IP address when logging in to a website, see message below

Does anyone has this same problem?

How can I fix this problem?

Does anyone have any suggestion?

I need help.

Here is the ISP email from Earthlink.net that was sent to me

Hi Sir

As such the computer IP Address changes whenever you login to the internet. As you do not have static IP subscription from earthlink. The IP address keeps
on changing because the proxies on the computer keeps on searching for new IP Address and the process of the change in IP Address is called as Dynamic
Host control Protocol.

If you want to have only one IP Address then you need to subscribe for the service that we have called as static IP service.

Regards
Karen
Earthlink Tech Support

If anyone can help me fix this problem I would appreciate it.

Sincerely

Ronnie99

dhru1405

25-01-2007 19:14:47

i tihnk u will have to the admin about this.

TFOAF

25-01-2007 19:37:18

ronnie99, are you telling me Earthlink sent you that email? That looks so unprofessional...and it doesn't even look like proper grammar/english for that matter. O_o

If that email is real...Earthlink sure does need training in technical support. O_O

The email doesn't even make sense!

emoneymaker2006

25-01-2007 19:40:55

yea, that email doesn't look legit at all. sorry bro

ronnie99

25-01-2007 19:45:51

Hello

This was the email that I recieved from my ISP Earthlink.net

ronnie99

CustomOrderThis

25-01-2007 19:57:06

He also claims he is disabled.

HotGifts4You

25-01-2007 19:58:59

ya I'm not buying that email either. COT wouldnt put you on hold for no reason. hes a good man -)

kidd2108

25-01-2007 20:03:03

how about a screenshot of that email. shrug

CustomOrderThis

25-01-2007 20:06:33

If he can give me legit proof, I will be happy to send out his $400.

zwarrior99

25-01-2007 20:08:55

I want to add that I also have earthlink and my ip changes everyday at least twice a day but usually 3 or more times. Its also mad unstable goes down like crazy too, I miss bellsouth as soon as this stupid contract is up im back to bellsouth. But back to the topic my ip changes ever so often too.

CustomOrderThis

25-01-2007 20:10:09

But to a proxy?

ronnie99

25-01-2007 20:22:08

Hello

I am a totally blind person and I sent to support a blind verification letter to customerorderthis.

Here is the blind letter

Hadley School for the Blind
700 Elm Street
Winnetka, IL 60093
Fax 847-446-0855
RE DAVIS, RONALD
SMR# 1715110

To Whom It May Concern

Ronald Davis has asked me to dictate a letter explaining his current diagnosis and ocular condition. Mr. Davis has bilateral optic atrophy
with no light perception vision in either eye. This occurred due to traumatic blood loss. I am asking you to assist him in any way possible with this
complete visual loss. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With best regards,

Dictated but not reviewed
to expedite delivery
Steven R. Sanislo, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Telephone 650 323-0231

This letter is from my doctor.
I will be happy to send a screen shot of the email.

I use a screen reader to operate my computer it is called jaws 5.10 version.

The screen reader reads from text to speech, it talks to you.
Can someone tell me how to do this with a screen reader.
I also sent a attachment that was in a win zip format that had the Earthlink.net email to support at customerorderthis.

Sincerely

ronnie99

ronnie99

25-01-2007 20:41:48

Hello

If someone will send me there email address then I will send a attachment from the Earthlink email so they can see that it came from Earthlink.

I just do not know how to print a screen shot on this forum.
ronnie99

kidd2108

25-01-2007 20:57:43

You asked me a question....check your pm.

ronnie99

25-01-2007 21:32:21

Hello
I hope this will help.
I tried to use my scanner to print this email from Earthlink.net

Here it is

Page 1 of 1

rdavisfour

From ”EarthLink Technical Support” <support>

To <rdavisone>

Sent Wednesday, January 24, 2007 508 AM

Subject Reg IP Address

Pfi Sir

As such the computer IP Address changes whenever you login to the internet. As you do not have static IP subscription from earthlink. The IP address keeps on changing because the proxies on the computer keeps on searching for new IP Address and the process of the change in IP Address is called as Dynamic Host control Protocol.

If you want to have only one IP Address then you need to subscribe for the service that we have called as static IP service.

Regards

Karen

Earthlink Tech Support

1/25/2007

ronnie99

Excel

25-01-2007 22:41:04

I hope you get this figured out Ronnie =S I think hes telling the truth, I dunno.

kidd2108

25-01-2007 22:46:58

[quoteb8553e7b0e="Excel"]I hope you get this figured out Ronnie =S I think hes telling the truth, I dunno.[/quoteb8553e7b0e]

yea, so do i. I tried to explain how to create a screenshot, but IDK what happened. He did send me the email from support in Outlook, but it wont do much since anyone can edit it, right? ? ?

ronnie99

25-01-2007 23:27:16

Hello

I am not sure that if this screen shot is correct but I had to scan i with my scanner.

I hope this helps

File Edit View lools Message Help

Reply Reply All Forward Print Delete Addresses

From EarthLink Technical Support

Date Wednesday, January 24, 2007 508 AM

To email==rdavisone@earthlink.netrdavisone@earthlink.net=rdavisone@earthlink.netrdavisone@earthlink.net/email

Subject Reg IP Address

J

Hi Sir

As such the computer IP Address changes whenever you login to the internet. As you do not have static IP subscription from earthlink. The IP address keeps on changing because the proxies on the computer keeps on searching for new IP Address and the process of the change in IP Address is called as Dynamic Host control Protocol.

Regards

Karen

Earthlink Tech Support

J

? Start | Q .~j & li» . j Inb... | iJPriv... | C/]The...j .jAcc...url==http://=http:///url | tJThe... | ’.JSca.,,url==http://=http:///url | . adm... | ;; eart... | .... adm... || _J Reg... i^& |,- ~;@Q ^1^’ -i 1023PM

egyptianruin

25-01-2007 23:54:33

If this helps at all

http//www.isp-planet.com/news/2001/elnk_static_ip.html

kidd2108

26-01-2007 00:07:01

In trying to help the guy...here goes the email from support...I believe hes telling the truth...but its not my call...

Can this email be altered?

http/" alt=""/img216.imageshack.us/img="216/7016/testfortestac4.png[" alt=""/img7037a1e748]

ronnie99

26-01-2007 00:29:50

Hello

I think I got this screen shot

I hope this is correct.

http//img="262.imageshack.us" alt=""/img262/4710/testfortestkp6.png

ronnie99

26-01-2007 01:08:35

Hello

I hope that I did this screen shot correctly.

http//img="206.imageshack.us" alt=""/img206/4249/testfortesthh0.png

This is all new to me

I never did a screen shot before

ronnie99

hairyferry

26-01-2007 01:40:56

So is he getting his money?

yummeinmytumme

26-01-2007 02:45:34

ran into the same problem also for Order Cash 4 free.

did the site as a referral for a trade... went green, got paid by my referrer, and then somewhere after 1-2 weeks of me having completed the site my account was put on permanent hold!
I was told the same thing as you were by the site admin.

"The IP you registered from is a proxy and there are multiple accounts on that IP address. The hold is permanent"

what the F?! right? .... still havnt figured out how to fix this.

suks more for you though. i just lost a couple of bucks, you had to lose $200 lol ... shock ...sry ?

yummeinmytumme

26-01-2007 02:56:11

I want to get the hold off my account too!
if you or anyone figures somthing out, let me know!

I hear u can make alot from ordercash4free shock

cheeseball01

26-01-2007 05:11:49

I ran into this problem with another network saying I had used a proxy. Come to find out, it's from when I logged into the site at work. However, I thought it might have something to do with my home computer and my ISP, which is also Earthlink.net. They do not use proxy...here's the Livechat conversation

'Robert P.' says Thank you for contacting EarthLink LiveChat, how may I
help you today?
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email Hi, I have a problem, and I'm wondering if you
can help me. I dealing with an issue with a business site I deal with
working from home...They do not allow anyone to connect to their site via
proxy and I've only used this computer to log into their site. However,
they've placed my account on hold saying I have logged into their network
twice using a proxy connection. Does this have anything to do with my
earthlink service?
Robert P. Could I have a few moments of your time while I go through the
issue?
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email sure
Robert P. Thank you staying on hold.
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email np
Robert P. Unfortunately the issue you are having is out of scope of our
support. However, check if you have enabled Proxy in your computer.
Robert P. Open Internet Explorer --> Click on Tools menu --> Internet
options --> Connections tab.
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email hold on
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email I'm on the connections tab, but I don't see
anything about proxy
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email so, there is no proxy connection through
earthlink.net?
Robert P. Click on Lan settings button
Robert P. Let me know the options selected.
Robert P. [badb52fb68e]No. We do not use any proxy[/badb52fb68e]
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email there's nothing selected
Robert P. The issue you are having is not related to your computer.
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email what about on Firefox, is that different?
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email that's what I use as a browser
Robert P. Have you tried to use any proxy sites to access the page?
Robert P. Click on Tools menu --> options.
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email yeah, I found it, not there either
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email no, had to use wikipedia to even find out what
it was after they suspended my account
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email and it said some ISPs use proxy, so I thought
I'd check
Robert P. [badb52fb68e]I am sorry for any inconvenience caused but we do not use any
proxy.[/badb52fb68e] If you had any issue your account would have been blocked when you
have tried to access it through EarthLink
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email what do you mean?
Robert P. I am just trying to inform that we do not use any proxy.
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email yes, but what do you mean by If you had any
issue your account would have been blocked when you have tried to access it
through EarthLink
Robert P. I mean previously.
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email so if I was using a proxy, I could not get to
earthlink?
Robert P. I mean to say that If we were using proxy, the account would
have been suspended long back.
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email oh, I got ya..
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email thanks for your help, sorry to wast your time
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email wasteli
Robert P. Not a problem.
Robert P. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email I appreciate yours as well
Robert P. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
email==curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net=curtbuchanan@earthlink.netcurtbuchanan@earthlink.net/email no, thank you

dmorris68

26-01-2007 07:13:46

It's not unusual for first-level tech support to be clueless, or know just enough buzzwords to recite them but not understand them, as well as being "grammatically challenged." So that e-mail could certainly be from Earthlink Support.

Regardless of how often your IP might change, that doesn't indicate use of a proxy. However the odds are greater that if you get multiple IP's per day (as is common with AOL as well) that you will get IP's that have been formerly listed as proxies somewhere.

Once again, this is something that site owners need to be careful with. If you're relying on a proxy list, you're going to be DQ'ing customers unfairly a lot of time. Those proxy lists are largely user-contributed, and many are either way outdated, or they belonged to dynamic ISP accounts and are no longer proxies. Either way, it's a highly unreliable source to use on its own. A much more reliable proxy check would be a script that actively reviews HTTP headers, and reverse-probes the IP, for telltale signs of a proxy. Even that's not guaranteed but much more accurate than a stale list of IP's.

FWIW I get the feeling this guy is being honest too, but as always it's up to the site owner to decide, not us.

TFOAF

26-01-2007 07:13:52

[quote98922f0f02="ronnie99"]Hello

I am not sure that if this screen shot is correct but I had to scan i with my scanner.

I hope this helps

File Edit View lools Message Help

Reply Reply All Forward Print Delete Addresses

From EarthLink Technical Support

Date Wednesday, January 24, 2007 508 AM

To email==rdavisone@earthlink.netrdavisone@earthlink.net=rdavisone@earthlink.netrdavisone@earthlink.net/email

Subject Reg IP Address

J

Hi Sir

Regards

Karen

Earthlink Tech Support

J

? Start | Q .~j & li» . j Inb... | iJPriv... | C/]The...j .jAcc...url==http://=http:///url | tJThe... | ’.JSca.,,url==http://=http:///url | . adm... | ;; eart... | .... adm... || _J Reg... i^& |,- ~;@Q ^1^’ -i 1023PM[/quote98922f0f02]

I emailed Earthlink myself, and asked them a question about FiOS. They gave me a professional response

[quote98922f0f02="Earthlink"]Dear Craig,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand that you wish to EarthLink offer FiOS to connect to the Internet.

We are sorry to inform you that we cannot provide more information regarding
Fios. we request you to contact our dedicated Sales Team at 800-EarthLink
(800-327-8454), available 24/7.

We assure you that once you contact our Sales Team, you will be able to find
more information on this regard.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Sheldon P 4222
EarthLink Electronic Customer Support
EarthLink, Inc.
Case ID 79713546

Looking for easy access to news, stocks, sports, and your favorite links?
With the EarthLink Personal Start Page you can customize everything from
the background colors to your local weather. For more information please
visit http//my.earthlink.net

Resolve your customer service questions on-line at our Account maintenance
web site. To add email mailboxes, change passwords, or update your credit
card information, go to
http//myaccount.earthlink.net

You can also trade real-time messages with one of our friendly Live Chat
representatives
http//support.earthlink.net/chat[/quote98922f0f02]

dmorris68

26-01-2007 07:16:33

TFOAF, as I mentioned, companies like Earthlink employ a wide range of support skillsets. They have dozens if not hundreds of people answering support calls & e-mails across the country, plus I'm sure they commonly use canned responses for FAQ's, which is what your reply looks like to me.

Regardless, you can't compare an e-mail fromone person with an e-mail from another -- even if they're sitting side-by-side they aren't going to type the same way.

ronnie99

26-01-2007 08:17:56

Hello

I just want to Thank everyone that did some research on this proxy issue.

I talked to earthlink this morning and I was fortunate enough to get in touch with the same tech support and she sent me another email which I hope I have a correct screen shot of it.

What I did find out about Earthlink is they have your IP address changing almost everytime you go to a new website. I believe that is where the IP address was in contact with a proxy server.

Here is the screen shot

http//img="77.imageshack.us" alt=""/img77/2802/ipaddressdf0.png

I hope this will help me and everyone who has this type of problem.

I hope that this will clear my account on hold so I can recieve my gift.

Sincerely

ronnie99

TFOAF

26-01-2007 08:23:36

[quoted641112b78="dmorris68"]TFOAF, as I mentioned, companies like Earthlink employ a wide range of support skillsets. They have dozens if not hundreds of people answering support calls & e-mails across the country, plus I'm sure they commonly use canned responses for FAQ's, which is what your reply looks like to me.

Regardless, you can't compare an e-mail fromone person with an e-mail from another -- even if they're sitting side-by-side they aren't going to type the same way.[/quoted641112b78]
Mmm, sorry about that. ;) I didn't see your previous message because I went right to the second page. P

My apologies to you, ronnie99, and to dmorris for not seeing your response. ;)

dmorris68

26-01-2007 10:04:20

Sounds like Earthlink uses the same type of dynamic proxy infrastructure that AOL uses then. Every web hit is routed through a different part of the network through transparent proxies.

Site owners really shouldn't be DQ'ing people for this IMO, especially if they aren't going to forbid Earthlink customers in their ToS.

TryinToGetPaid

26-01-2007 10:22:35

And wasn't Earthlink an offer not too long ago?

nick_e

26-01-2007 13:35:37

yeah it's pretty easy to edit you can do it in MS paint which he has open. Or you can change the name you email as to EarthLink Technical Support and send the email to yourself neither is hard.

I to his defence all of his refs are ligit so right now the site he is registered at has all the money they need for the gift. But man sense when does a blind guy multitask as much as me I would think It would be tricky to do when you can't see.

jasonm242

26-01-2007 13:58:05

How do I check my ISP or computer to see if they use a proxy? I have cable is that issue still a possibility for me? I dont want to get put on hold on any sites for anything that is pertaining to proxies. It seems like a pretty common problem, and hard to prove you are not lying.

dmorris68

26-01-2007 14:08:29

[quote39b85ce55f="jasonm242"]How do I check my ISP or computer to see if they use a proxy? I have cable is that issue still a possibility for me? I dont want to get put on hold on any sites for anything that is pertaining to proxies. It seems like a pretty common problem, and hard to prove you are not lying.[/quote39b85ce55f]
The majority of locally owned/franchised ISP's do not use a proxy. Some of the big national services like AOL (and apparently now Earthlink) do it.

If you're on cable then you're almost certainly not running through a proxy, but it's no guarantee -- my local utility company rolled out FiOS a few years ago and at first all their customers got a private IP address, and all internet traffic was routed through the ISP's proxy server (in other words it was like the customers were on one big private network, like at a company or a school). Which broke a lot of stuff for people, they complained loudly, and it was eventually fixed so that each household got an internet IP. You can imagine, before they fixed it, the nightmare of trying to do freebie sites, with every customer in town going on hold for being "in the same household" (due to the same external IP). lol

You should be able to look in your modem or router's config page and see what IP has been assigned on the WAN port. Then browse to someplace like http//www.whatismyip.com and see if the IP reported there matches. If so, then you're not going through a proxy.

jasonm242

26-01-2007 14:17:43

That does sound like a damn nightmare, anyway thanks alot dmorris I'll do that. Oh and by the way I thought i was being pretty productive holding a job and doing this on the side, but damn after reading this thread my hat is off to you ronnie. You have gotta be a dedicated individual

d11m

26-01-2007 14:34:43

he's a very honest and dedicated trader tman!, i think you should review his account again and reconsider the hold
it isn't impossible that when his IP changes all the time, it could land on an ip that used a proxy
he greened for me at OC4F, v-bux, and your site!! when you were reviewing my account for my order, he was still green, kerms and V-bux jon also reviewed his green and he was still good

CorpRebel

26-01-2007 14:43:53

[quote071952ad16="nick_e"]But man sense when does a blind guy multitask as much as me I would think It would be tricky to do when you can't see.[/quote071952ad16]

You'd be surprised at what technology can do to help the blind do things on a computer. I personally know of two people ( a guy and a gal) that are high end engineers at a company I used to work at and they are totally blind. AND they are STILL working there doing their job just fine. wink

[quote071952ad16="dmorris68"]Site owners really shouldn't be DQ'ing people for this IMO, especially if they aren't going to forbid Earthlink customers in their ToS.[/quote071952ad16]

Yeah ... I don't quite understand that either. NOT only AOHELL (which should be banned for general principles), but if EL is doing this then I would imagine others like People PC, MSN (don't know if they are still doing the ISP thing) ... Well that's still a chunk of people that are using those ISPs.

There's got to be a better way to verify this type of issue. ?

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)

cheeseball01

26-01-2007 14:50:00

Earthlink is not doing this. At least not as of two days ago. Earthlink does not use proxy servers.

dmorris68

26-01-2007 15:11:45

[quotefc023ac7a0="cheeseball01"]Earthlink is not doing this. At least not as of two days ago. Earthlink does not use proxy servers.[/quotefc023ac7a0]
We're not necessarily talking about the same type of proxy. There are many forms of proxies. Any type of server that sits between you and your destination, acting as a middle-man and forwarding traffic for you and changing your IP in the process, is a proxy. Technically, your broadband router is doing IP masquerading and thus is really a proxy. Shhhhh, don't tell the site owners all of us with routers in our house will be DQ'd for using a proxy. P

AOL (and apparently EL from what I'm hearing) route HTTP traffic through a network of transparent proxy servers that results in a different IP address on the remote end -- with AOL the IP can change with every link clicked or page loaded. Which is why many freebie sites ban AOL users, because of the difficulty in fraud detection. With "nomal" ISP's, your IP is relatively static, and typically changes only on modem power cycle, or when a DHCP lease expires (usually weeks or even months with most cable/DSL ISP's).

The exception is dial-up users, which get a new IP every time they dial up. But there are other EL customers posting here and saying their IP changes several times per day, and don't indicate they are dial-up.

Regardless, the resultant IP churn that is evident with EL is bound to cause problems with freebie sites who assume it to be shady, so I think site owners should either ban EL users, or take measures to better validate them.

First and foremost, I think they should abandon use of static proxy lists, as they are never up to date, and many proxies are run off dynamic IP's that later get assigned to another person. There are better ways to identify proxies through HTTP headers and reverse probes, which are immune to IP changes and don't hurt innocent folks who are unlucky enough to be assigned an old proxy IP.

CorpRebel

26-01-2007 18:22:27

[quote94f3783d59="dmorris68"]The exception is dial-up users, which get a new IP every time they dial up.[/quote94f3783d59]

So people on dialup are S.O.L. too? ?

I'd hate to tell everyone that they can't have dialup to signup at a site. roll

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)

dmorris68

26-01-2007 20:22:17

[quote899fdc3068="CorpRebel"][quote899fdc3068="dmorris68"]The exception is dial-up users, which get a new IP every time they dial up.[/quote899fdc3068]

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)[/quote899fdc3068]
No not all. I just said dial-up users get a new IP every time they connect. Nothing wrong with that.

CorpRebel

26-01-2007 22:02:11

[quote7e7e05911c="dmorris68"][quote7e7e05911c="CorpRebel"][quote7e7e05911c="dmorris68"]The exception is dial-up users, which get a new IP every time they dial up.[/quote7e7e05911c]

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)[/quote7e7e05911c]
No not all. I just said dial-up users get a new IP every time they connect. Nothing wrong with that.[/quote7e7e05911c]

OK ... I was thinking that besides proxy issues (which I understand) ... that the freebie networks also don't like multiple IPs from same physical home address.

Obviously I'm missing something in the translation. lol

For me it doesn't appear to be an issue as I am on cable though I do have to reboot my cable modem periodically which would probably give me a new IP address each time.

Surely they (freebie networks) don't have a problem with that ... OR do they?

Thanx!

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)

CustomOrderThis

26-01-2007 23:30:27

I would just like to note, his hold has been removed and his order for $400 has been switched over to approved. )

findme

27-01-2007 03:40:13

so he was using a proxy but didnt know he was using one?

but anyways , congrats on getting that 400! C>O>T is a very good site.

ronnie99

28-01-2007 20:35:57

Hello

I want to Thank everyone who helped me with this proxy issue.

I still have a DSL connection with Earthlink so I will proceed with caution when going to the free sites.

If anyone have some suggestions on how to protect yourself about this issue, please PM me or post it in this thread.

I wanted to know if I got a static IP would that help, however that would cost another $15 per month?

If I went with a cable connection would that help?

I just talked to customorderthis on AOL and he said I will recieve my gift on Febuary 1, 2007.
I just want to Thank customorderthis for keeping a open mind and reconsidering my account.

Sincerely

ronnie99

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

28-01-2007 20:51:40

I've been following along on this thread and I think everyone involved deserves loads of KUDOS. From the user "ronnie99" to the owner of custom order this and EVERYONE in between....I think it's awesome how everyone kept their cool and the problems were discussed to the point that everyone involved understood what was going on. Custom order this, I haven't completed any of your sites yet but this gives me a very respectable view of the experience I can expect to have when I do. And congrats ronnie on your $400!!

kidd2108

28-01-2007 20:58:05

[quotee715ac1385="ronnie99"]Hello

I want to Thank everyone who helped me with this proxy issue.

I still have a DSL connection with Earthlink so I will proceed with caution when going to the free sites.

If anyone have some suggestions on how to protect yourself about this issue, please PM me or post it in this thread.

I wanted to know if I got a static IP would that help, however that would cost another $15 per month?

If I went with a cable connection would that help?

I just talked to customorderthis on AOL and he said I will recieve my gift on Febuary 1, 2007.
I just want to Thank customorderthis for keeping a open mind and reconsidering my account.

Sincerely

ronnie99[/quotee715ac1385]

cable might be a bit more expensive, but you could explore other DSL options.