jeff.scheid is A-OK... no longer a scammer

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38591

idiono5

03-05-2006 12:27:42

I have not had much success with this guy so far. Basically how it went down was we agreed to do a trade, I went yellow for about 2 weeks due to having to get manual credit, I went green, he PM'd me saying thanks for the green and that he'd do my referral that night or the next day, and I haven't heard from him since. That was April 19th. I have sent him 2 PM's since then asking him what was up the first time, then letting him know that he was borderline scamming the second time. Having given him plenty of time to reply without him doing so I am now posting this message as a warning to others. Despite having a +25 TR and impeccable feedback comments, jeff.scheid has failed on all levels to be a responsible and fair trader in his trade with me. Just goes to show, things are not always as they seem. (

jy3

03-05-2006 13:54:11

pm a mod )
maybe the guy is on a long vacation...

dmorris68

03-05-2006 14:18:21

I'm aware of this situation, as I am actually in a trade with him and seeing the exact same behavior. I just e-mailed him to give him another chance to respond. Sometimes people get sick, or leave town for awhile, or otherwise get out of pocket. He hasn't logged into the forums since 4/29.

However if he's reading PM's and just not responding, not even to say "Hey, gimme a few days, I'm <whatever> right now" then that isn't a good sign. He has read at least one of my PM's asking for a status update, with no response as of yet. The last PM is still sitting in the Outbox.

idiono5

03-05-2006 14:22:27

[quoteccb5fffb68="dmorris68"]if he's reading PM's and just not responding, not even to say "Hey, gimme a few days, I'm <whatever> right now" then that isn't a good sign. He has read at least one of my PM's asking for a status update, with no response as of yet. The last PM is still sitting in the Outbox.[/quoteccb5fffb68]

Then it sounds like we are in the exact same position. (

eric89074

03-05-2006 17:02:48

I started a trade with him a little over a month ago and he had to send in for manual credit to freepay. He's kept in contact the whole time but I haven't tried to contact him in over a week.

eric89074

05-05-2006 03:14:41

Any news on jeff?

dmorris68

05-05-2006 05:22:00

Not yet, he hasn't answered my e-mail nor read my latest PM.

jeff.scheid

05-05-2006 11:06:44

I am [ic35f924358]so[/ic35f924358] sorry that I haven't taken care of this. I owe 4 greens and I'm going to clear all this up this weekend. I owe greens to

dmorris68
af.eagle
eric89074
idiono5

I've been scammed out of more than $150 and several greens. So I felt like it was my turn to do some scamming. I wanted to get back at all those fuckers who got me so I started to scam these guys. But now I realize that this was the worst choice I could have made. I will make sure to satisfactorily complete the trades with these four members and I hope other scammers will read this post and perhaps think about their actions.

KeithA

05-05-2006 11:47:41

Well that's a new one...

eric89074

05-05-2006 12:31:49

Jeff just contacted me and told me his intentions and offered to pay me or have someone else do the offer. And Jeff, I know it sucks to get burned here, but karma will come back to fuck those that screwed you and others. I'm glad you made the right choice.

idiono5

05-05-2006 12:44:45

Same for me. The ironic thing is I've been scammed more than my fair share but I'm still an honest trader, then this happens. It is good to see that some people still have a conscience though.

Jeff, when you come through with your followup I will edit this thread title and/or have it locked to clear your name. We'll be waiting...

dmorris68

05-05-2006 14:46:04

This is an unfortunate situation. jeff and I have conversed via PM and he has made good on my trade. Hopefully he responds to the rest of you and gets this taken care of.

eric89074

05-05-2006 21:49:33

Jeff gave me $30 for our trade. At least he didn't screw me but I can't trade with him again and he's caused serious damage to his cred.

JennyWren

06-05-2006 01:08:36

The more I get scammed, the LESS likely I am to scam anyone. But then again, seeing as how the chances of me scamming someone were 0 to start with, and now that I have been scammed twice they are half that, they are still 0. LOL.

One good thing about being scammed is that it makes you really appreciate the good traders. BIG FAT THANK YOU to all the people who have followed through on trades with me. I love you all.

dmorris68

06-05-2006 07:46:32

[quoted4594f0567="JennyWren"]The more I get scammed, the LESS likely I am to scam anyone. But then again, seeing as how the chances of me scamming someone were 0 to start with, and now that I have been scammed twice they are half that, they are still 0. LOL.

One good thing about being scammed is that it makes you really appreciate the good traders. BIG FAT THANK YOU to all the people who have followed through on trades with me. I love you all.[/quoted4594f0567]
Agreed 100%.

I was scammed twice in the past month and both were high TR traders. The noobs with 0 and 1 TR have been awesome, crediting instantly in most cases. Makes me want to trade only with noobs...

idiono5

12-05-2006 11:01:34

I'm still waiting on a PM for confirmation, but as far as I know jeff.scheid has pulled through and gotten a friend to sign up and complete an offer for me, finishing our trade. I know other people were waiting for followups, so please let me know if he hasn't made good on his offer yet. If he has, I will be editing the title of this thread to clear his name, and we can all get this behind us.