people removing their ref link from the trade mod b4 green

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35106

nytrate

12-03-2006 12:58:33

Is this considered shady activity?

I'm currently in a trade with someone who I greened instantly for, and he (after making me wait a week and a half and begging to even yellow) has been particularly sketchy.

First claiming he signed to the wrong site, then not telling me what offer he did (only after 4 PMs all asking the same thing were read was I replied to) and he didn't even do the offer correctly (one of those bingo offers where you have to submit a support ticket right away when you complete)
. I had to explain this (to someone who has 40+ trades) when it was written right there on the offer for everyone to see.

I also noticed that right after I went green he edited his ref link out of the trade module (which REALLY sketches me out. What reason is there for this especially since he went out of his way to do it before he even yellowed for me)

He has a fairly high TR too. I'm not about to call him a scammer yet or oust him here...I'll give him some time yet.

It's just been an all around difficult trade and I have a bad feeling about it. Anyone experience ref links being yanked out of the module?

ilanbg

12-03-2006 13:06:12

I don't think taking the ref link out is necessarily shady activity, but the rest of it is.

I take my ref link out just because I don't feel comfortable leaving it anywhere. shrug

Averagejoe1039

12-03-2006 13:29:25

I agree with ilanbg. The rest of that is really shady. I have been in trades like that before and it really sucks. Contact a mod.

theysayjump

12-03-2006 14:20:53

It's all dodgy.

Taking out his ref link (as far as I'm concerned) would mean that he's up to something, and doesn't want us Mods/Admins seeing his ref link if something goes wrong or he bolts. Because if we did, we could have all of his accounts placed on hold, family taken hostage etc.

PM me with who it is because they don't seem to be a great trader.

ilanbg

12-03-2006 15:36:33

[quote44787f4aa1="theysayjump"]Taking out his ref link (as far as I'm concerned) would mean that he's up to something, and doesn't want us Mods/Admins seeing his ref link if something goes wrong or he bolts. Because if we did, we could have all of his accounts placed on hold, family taken hostage etc.[/quote44787f4aa1]

I take out my ref link because I don't trust the other person. If he/she turns out to be a scammer and I fuck'm up, I don't want them to have anything they could use against me.

d3athtonic

12-03-2006 20:17:49

Scammers can scam you by changing their ref link. They'll let you go green and eventually tell you that you're not listed at their site. My advice is to keep a record of the all the ID numbers you've signed up for.

nytrate

13-03-2006 07:21:22

He just read my PM where I asked him to put the link back in the module and he didn't. He read it but did not comply. This was his choice.

I'm giving him 12 hours to take care of this before I put his name on this forum. This guy SUCKS.

Tholek

13-03-2006 07:29:11

Loving the sig, d3athtonic. )

nytrate

13-03-2006 07:35:05

he just PM'd me and said "don't care"

so there you have it. that is pretty much admitting he scammed me.

please don't ban him yet so I can at least get what I'm owed.

mpbollywoodking

13-03-2006 09:03:57

i remove my link becuse i just dont want my link up there. when i trade, i make sure we both appear on each other's list, than after that i complete an offer. But, if the other person is a scammer or looks shady, than i don't feel safe to place my link on the trade module.

Exile

13-03-2006 10:03:18

it is dodgy -o

egyptianruin

13-03-2006 13:07:20

Exile, why are you taunting him, thats just not cool. If you were in my forum you would have gotten the banhammer.

mpbollywoodking

13-03-2006 13:10:09

was he talking to me or nytrate?

oh well, don't really care. I have more TR than him now hahaha