Regarding nytrate...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34431

dcrainmaker

03-03-2006 18:09:38

Not a scammer per se, but a poor trader, in my experience.

I needed a green on YFVI and I agreed to trade with him over other willing participants. Well, a a little over a week passes (since he told me he'd completed an offer) and no word, so I pm'd him to ask if he'd file a missing credit request. He responded that he didn't want to trade anymore, and he had agreed to trade for my site with someone else several days ago. A bush move, IMO--but I'd have been fine with it had he just let me know.

Again, not a scammer, but the kind of info some might like to know before trading with someone.

unknown uchiha

03-03-2006 18:16:39

Well, he did say he was here to "write an article" or something on the AP wire, right? Maybe he just didn't know how to handle such a situation.

dcrainmaker

03-03-2006 18:20:00

[quotee83cf5f7b0="unknown uchiha"]Well, he did say he was here to "write an article" or something on the AP wire, right? Maybe he just didn't know how to handle such a situation.[/quotee83cf5f7b0]

Come on, now. The guy knows how to pm, agree to a trade, use the module, but doesn't know to contact someone he's agreed to trade with when he decides to back out? Hell, you wouldn't have to know anything about this site to know that--that's complete common sense.

nytrate

03-03-2006 18:57:54

I had like 10 trades going at the time

I just let it slip by man, it was a mistake. I thought we took care of this in PMs...why on EARTH post it on scammers and impersonators?

All my trades have gone through smoothly, I forgot about ours and awhile had passed so I requested deletion.

Really not a big deal. Totally dick move making a post in HERE though after we just talked in PMs.

EDIT I can't believe you'd try to ruin my rep because I forgot about a stupid trade. It's just beyond me and seems very petty. Not like I scammed you or attempted to, I JUST FORGOT. When awhile had passed with no word from you (yea, I should have PM'd you but you could have sent another PM and reminded me) I simply deleted the trade figuring you had moved on.

be a man and settle this kind of thing in PM, i've gone instantly green for like 90% of my trades

dcrainmaker

03-03-2006 19:15:39

[quotea30615d094="nytrate"]I had like 10 trades going at the time

I just let it slip by man, it was a mistake. I thought we took care of this in PMs...why on EARTH post it on scammers and impersonators?

All my trades have gone through smoothly, I forgot about ours and awhile had passed so I requested deletion.

Really not a big deal. Totally dick move making a post in HERE though after we just talked in PMs.

EDIT I can't believe you'd try to ruin my rep because I forgot about a stupid trade. It's just beyond me and seems very petty. Not like I scammed you or attempted to, I JUST FORGOT. When awhile had passed with no word from you (yea, I should have PM'd you but you could have sent another PM and reminded me) I simply deleted the trade figuring you had moved on.

be a man and settle this kind of thing in PM, i've gone instantly green for like 90% of my trades[/quotea30615d094]

Well, you didn't go green for me after lying about completing an offer (remember that?). And how in the world could you now claim that you thought I'd "moved on?" Hell, it had been little over a week when you deleted the trade. Am I supposed to pm you every day to check on the status--otherwise you assume that I've "moved on?" That's absolutely absurd, and you know it. Most traders want the exact opposite of what you're now suggesting I should've done (sent you pm's every few days to check up). Of course it's your responsibility to contact the other party if you're backing out of a trade, as opposed to simply deleting it and hoping it'll go away. And you're the one referencing dick moves.

And there is absolutely no attempt here to ruin your rep. I'm simply passing along an accurate account of what took place between us, so that other potential traders can make an informed decision for themselves should you approach them about trading. I was EXPLICITLY clear that you had not scammed me.

Bottom line is this if posting the truth about what happened bothers you as much as it apparently does, then it probably means you did something wrong.

nytrate

03-03-2006 19:20:38

actually I didn't lie about completing an offer, but I got confused with another trainn site...for which I did do that offer I specified. The sites were similiar (both trainn ipod sites) and I PM'd you what offer I did on the other one while not doing yours.

I thought I had greened but in reality I greened on flashipods, not yfvi. By the time I figured it out I just decided to delete it thinking you were over it (considering I hadn't completed after saying I did)

Which led to the whole mistake. Understand now? I don't care I'm done explaining...

I was actually feeling bad about it after the first few PMs from you and was gonna offer a free green anywhere else for the short wait...but not after this thread.

dcrainmaker

03-03-2006 19:27:40

[quote5cc6f40d88="nytrate"]actually I didn't lie about completing an offer, but I got confused with another trainn site...for which I did do that offer I specified. The sites were similiar (both trainn iPod sites) and I PM'd you what offer I did on the other one while not doing yours.

I thought I had greened but in reality I greened on flashipods, not yfvi. By the time I figured it out I just decided to delete it thinking you were over it (considering I hadn't completed after saying I did)

Which led to the whole mistake. Understand now? I don't care I'm done explaining...

I was actually feeling bad about it after the first few PMs from you and was gonna offer a free green anywhere else for the short wait...but not after this thread.[/quote5cc6f40d88]

No, I absolutely do not understand your decision, after realizing you had made a mistake, to simply delete the trade without even notifying me. Why in the hell would you believe I was privy to the fact that you had not completed the offer you told me you had? You act like it had been a long time, when in reality it had been roughly ONE week. Once you realized your "mistake," why would you not immediately let me know, offering some sort of explanation? I think you and I both know the answer.

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't pass the smell test.

nytrate

03-03-2006 19:35:56

what answer is that? why would I do something like that on PURPOSE when I was to be the first one to go? What reason would I have behind that???? IT was OVERLOOKED.

smell away. you are being ridiculous. I'll post a screenshot tomorrow of the offer I told you I completed...on another Trainn site.

You are being a total dick about this. I MADE A FUCKING MISTAKE AND WE TALKED ABOUT IT IN PMS.

go ahead, I'll let you have the last word I know you want it so desperately.

dcrainmaker

03-03-2006 19:46:31

[quotee18906c5d9="nytrate"]what answer is that? why would I do something like that on PURPOSE when I was to be the first one to go? What reason would I have behind that???? IT was OVERLOOKED.

smell away. you are being ridiculous. I'll post a screenshot tomorrow of the offer I told you I completed...on another Trainn site.

You are being a total dick about this. I MADE A FUCKING MISTAKE AND WE TALKED ABOUT IT IN PMS.

go ahead, I'll let you have the last word I know you want it so desperately.[/quotee18906c5d9]

That "answer" is that you preferred to pull a bush move by deleting the trade, hoping that I'd forget about it, as opposed to simply letting me know the situation. No, no--you're right. You simply thought I had "moved on" after waiting one f'ing week. Right.

I don't doubt that you did an offer on another site for someone else. Problem is that fact is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. Your mistake is not what I have a problem with (I think by now I've made this quite clear)--it was your decision to delete the trade without so much as a pm (remember, the last word from you at this point, was "did freebidding...should go green tomorrow") to let me know what happened that I have a problem with. That is perfectly reasonable to expect, and you've yet to offer a legitimate explanation (I'm sorry, but the "I thought you'd moved on" after one week line just doesn't hold any water) as to why you failed to do so.

Again, it's pretty telling that you have a problem with the facts being posted on the forum. Now it's out there, and users can decide for themselves. Isn't full disclosure the best policy for everyone, particularly in a community such as FIPG, built almost entirely on trust (granted, the TR helps)?

It would be one thing if I came on here and made shit up about you in an attempt to defame you, but that's not what has happened.

BntyHntr5

05-03-2006 20:26:36

Well. I give Nytrate a +.

CoMpFrEaK

05-03-2006 21:46:46

He was going to paypal me for a site but then he couldnt get his cc to link up to his paypal, so i said he can send it using amazon gc but he said no to that. Kinda weird if you ask me

nytrate

06-03-2006 07:26:09

CompFreak the reason I said no to our trade was mainly because I didn't want anymore trades to worry about. I had bit off more than I could chew and I wanted to finish everything before starting anything else. Which I did this morning. I also had less funds to work with than I thought and made a miscalculation.

It was stupid of me to initiate a trade, but comeon I told you not 5 minutes later that I couldn't do it. I don't think that is "scammers and impersonators" worthy! Give me a break, I thought we were cool? I said lets trade and then no sorry, can't right now.

-(

jfaninord

06-03-2006 09:01:29

I enjoyed trading with nytrate, he was good about communicating with me the entire time.

dcrainmaker

07-03-2006 09:23:51

[quotea352a18ae0="jfaninord"]I enjoyed trading with nytrate, he was good about communicating with me the entire time.[/quotea352a18ae0]

I'm sure he's had several successful trades--that doesn't change his shady, inexcusable behavior in my dealing with him. I don't want him burned at the stake; I just think it's everyone's best interest to know about these types of things for two reasons 1) it might serve to deter nytrate from engaging in similar behavior in the future, and 2) it gives fair warning to other potential traders so they can make their own informed decision about whether or not they want to trade with him--with no mechanism for leaving feedback for a failed trade, I think this becomes even more imperative.

jfaninord

07-03-2006 15:57:52

I'm not saying you shouldn't have made this thread, I just thought I'd go ahead and say something about the two trades I made with him.

nytrate

07-03-2006 17:03:43

dude get over yourself, seriously.

You sound about 12. Did I scam you? NO. So shut up already

dcrainmaker

07-03-2006 19:58:37

[quotee566590600="jfaninord"]I'm not saying you shouldn't have made this thread, I just thought I'd go ahead and say something about the two trades I made with him.[/quotee566590600]

Gotcha--I think it was a good idea for you to share your positive experience dealing with him.

[quotee566590600="nytrate"]dude get over yourself, seriously.

You sound about 12. Did I scam you? NO. So shut up already[/quotee566590600]

Get over myself? What the hell is that supposed to mean? My response wasn't about me--rather, I was simply explaining why I thought it was appropriate to share my experience.

Yeah, I indeed "sound about 12" (whatever that's supposed to mean). Solid work.

akalic

07-03-2006 20:13:48

Cut him some slack, most poor traders wouldn't even reply to accusations

BVGuitarPlayer

25-05-2006 10:08:16

I hope that our trade can happen soon, I know you said you're sick. I just hope I can see some results soon... Mine was a manual credit, which sucked, but I need to get on the ball and get some TRs. Don't want to be a newbie forever ;-)

nytrate

25-05-2006 11:10:51

how dare you post on this?

you took like 3+ weeks to green for me. It's been like 4 days since you greened and I just PM'd you yesterday

BAD form. BAD fucking form.

What I SHOULD do is wait 3 weeks before greening like I had to wait for you. Just for you posting this in here. You just made it to the bottom of my queue for refs I need to get done.

BVGuitarPlayer

26-05-2006 17:11:36

I just want to share the details of my experience with nytrate. The profile says nytrate is a she so I'll go with it. I thought that nytrate was going to be a great trading partner, fun to chat with on aim about music, websites, etc. I was right, she followed many things by the book. I went green first. I did the offer she recommended that she believed was instant, well 20 days (not 21+ days) later I got the manual green.

I kept her well informed often, and I know I did everything right in the trade module, updated the status in there (which no one else seems to do). After going green, I haven't even gotten a lousy yellow from her (or have not been informed about it if I have). After several PMs from her of "I'll have my friend do it later" or "I'm sick, so I'm not doing these sites right now" I searched for this thread. I originally saw it before we started the trade, but believed it would be fine because of her great reputation. Well I posted a very harmless message in this topic, which blatantly specifies nytrate is not necessarily a scammer but a poor trader (spare me the newbie comments, I am doing everything as stated in the trade tutorial with even more communication). I am here to be a good person to trade with and build a good reputation.

I would have been happy to delete the post and apologize for bumping the thread, but she then flamed me with 2 PMs and the above post, by calling saying things like, "How fucking DARE you post that in the scammer forum you piece of shit." Again, I would have been HAPPY to delete this post, but instead she jumped the gun, and treated me very poorly, name-calling, being downright rude. (I jumped the gun by posting here, I apologize, but I would have deleted it just as easily had you asked instead of cursing me).

I am now being told that I am at the bottom of her trading queue, and that she might do my offer after the deadline has passed. So much for a respectable trader. I realize she has a higher reputation, and that I am a newbie, people will defend her, and put me down as she has done. The only point I am trying to make is that you should make a decision to trade with her or not based on whatever you can find out, hear her side of the story too.

Since she has threatened to pretty much not complete the offer for me in a timely matter, and hold to her end of the deal...

I will put this on the line. I will update anyone who asks whether or not she has completed my offer fairly, and if her account gets put on hold. Nytrate, I did the offer you suggested would instantly green, finally went green because of manual credit, I DID EVERYTHING I COULD AND KEPT YOU INFORMED. Hold to your end of the deal, and make it as timely as I tried to do for you, prove that your a great trader as your feedback shows....otherwise everyone will know about the disrespect you show your trading partners.

P.S. Please show me a little respect, you don't need to put others down to bring power to yourself. Try to stop insulting me.

nytrate

26-05-2006 17:23:49

wrong. I PM'd, you didn't delete the post. I PM'd again.

You deserve NO respect. You bumped a 3-month old thread that was bullshit to begin with, to sully my name.

You have a problem you to PMs. I responded to every PM nicely within a day. Didn't I?

I take nothing back. It was a dirtball move taking it to the scammers forum SO SOON.

So no, I'll show no respect because you showed me none.

Also, my friend signed up at your damn site.

if I get put on hold? what are you talking about? you are NUTS man

Another opportunity you could have taken it to PM but decided to post in the scammers forum

Pathetic. Downright pathetic. I hope my green for you takes FOREVER. Freepay manual credit can be a bitch.

amir89630

26-05-2006 17:26:57

Dude its not that u did anything bad, its that you bumped this thread from the dead. Threads on this page really hurt reps, most people may just see the topic and automatically formulate their opinions about nytrate and her trading reputation. I agree with nytrate, that you made a very inappropriate decision by deciding to bump this thread; so basically if i were you, i would delete every post you have ever made about nytrate, and prety much beg for forgiveness. In my personal experience w/ nytrate, i have never had any problems, she is definetely one of my favorite traders on this forum. In many cases, she has completed 2nd (sometiems 3rd offers) so that I can get credit, nytrate has always come through for me. Basically most of the traders on this forum will make compromises if you are nice and professional.

Ummm, can't think of anything else to say. But yea, nytrates a good trader.

peace.

nytrate

26-05-2006 17:32:00

thanks amir.

What did I threaten? Mods can check the PMs so don't lie man...

I told you that my friend only had 2 instant offers left for freepay and that they were now going to other people's referrals...as a result of your disrespect and ignorance by coming here even though I replied to your PMs in minutes. We already did an offer for you

That is not a threat about not completing timely. That's saying hey you were an asshole to me, I'm not gonna waste an instant offer on you.

So again, another lie about me stated publicly. Thanks man! This seems to be a trend from you.

WARNING Do NOT trade with BVGuitar player. After waiting awhile for him to green he will then wait 3 days, and post about you on the scammers forum even though you answer his PMs in minutes.

Now THAT is a bad way to trade and I think most people here will agree with me. I lost TWO trades because people saw this crap

BVGuitarPlayer

26-05-2006 17:37:27

honestly amir i agree with you, you have said everything well.

I have things that I believe are important to restate
-I would have deleted the post quickly had she asked instead of cursing me (that is unprofessional)
-If the 'potential trader' only reads the topic of the post or the first post, they are unprofessional, why would an even wrongly accused person want to trade with someone who has too much ADHD to read the whole post with all sides of the story.

Again, my intention was never to make a scene, and I would have been happy to remove that post, but now I have been personally flamed and attacked in many ways. I hope she comes through, because I came through for her, and would have happily deleted my above posts had I not been flamed, but instead a simple polite PM would have quickly, and I mean instantly made me retract that post

EDIT.....Because you went back and edited your posts to make me look bad, BEWARE of Nytrate, if you want to be insulted, disrespected, told that you are to be placed at the bottom of her priority list, trade with her! I went green for nytrate, I will repost when she goes green for me, somewhere else, I would hate to bump this post and hear her try to be fresh with me, downright rude. I really like that though, how she went and edited her posts to make me look bad after I made some comments, the word "unethical," comes to mind...sad the way some people are. Oh and the part about "threat" as you put it, was not a PM, you edited it out of your last post I believe, you told me I was at the bottom of your queue. Why does there have to be so much drama, I was willing to delete that post in the first place, now it just reflects on your character. I know moderators can read PMs, and I don't need to know that to not lie. I am not the lying type. I made a mistake that I could have fixed, and you were there so fast to call me a "fucking piece of shit." I don't appreciate people talking to me that way.

amir89630

26-05-2006 21:44:02

[quotefacde81e61="nytrate"]thanks amir.

[/quotefacde81e61][quotefacde81e61="BVGuitarPlayer"]honestly amir i agree with you, you have said everything well.

[/quotefacde81e61]

I believe i am worthy of some karma. )