eBay Account Suspended for Half.com Purchase from Nesquik

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31574

GiftMonsterKyle

26-01-2006 18:50:58

( I purchased $600 half.com for 300 paypal last night, bought some stuff, and today I log in to see that my eBay account has been suspended for Site Interferance. That's complete bs, how can eBay put the blame on me for receiving a gift certificate from someone? It should be purely placed on the sender...not the receiver. How am I supposed to know that it was fraudulently obtained? Even if I did, how is it my fault? Same thing happened to blink182=gone. Now I've got to go through a long process with customer support to get my eBay account back. Great.

On a positive note, I was refunded by nesquik.

Crynos

26-01-2006 18:52:04

Thats really interesting, nesquiks worked after the big deactivation, however half jumped on it and suspeneded accounts. Definitely connected with DLF in some way.

KeithA

26-01-2006 18:52:37

Did they explicitly state that "Site Interference" described your attempt to use the Half.com gift codes?

GiftMonsterKyle

26-01-2006 18:53:23

Nope, but I didn't do anything else in any way that would cause my account to be suspended and the exact same thing happened to Blink182=gone who also bought from Nesquik last night.

I've contacted customer support already to ask whats going on. I need my account back.

Blink182=Gone

26-01-2006 18:54:11

[quoteb47cb44d6c="KeithA"]Did they explicitly state that "Site Interference" described your attempt to use the Half.com gift codes?[/quoteb47cb44d6c]

yes, my account is banned too (nesquick codes)

EBAY SAYS

[bb47cb44d6c]"We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to the violation of our site policy below

li Interfering with eBay's site and/or operations - The deliberate use of any device, software, routine, or activity to interfere or attempt to interfere with any of eBay's operations.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way including registering a new account.

Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay, Inc."[/bb47cb44d6c]

jack001

26-01-2006 18:54:26

my account hasnt been suspeneded...maybe its from something unrelated?

Blink182=Gone

26-01-2006 18:54:52

also, nesquick was kind enough to give me a prompt FULL refund, but my ebay account is in jeopardy now.

Th3Great1

26-01-2006 18:54:55

man DLF should get his own section on this site...too many threads about him lmao

Crynos

26-01-2006 18:55:13

[quoteaa62694476="jack001"]my account hasnt been suspeneded...maybe its from something unrelated?[/quoteaa62694476]No way is it unrelated

mrwzk

26-01-2006 18:57:35

the whole time this half.com stuff went on i always wondered how could an ebay site not take paypal.

i think these 2 things are defniitly related. should be interesting to see how this turns out

jack001

26-01-2006 19:04:50

if nesquik refunded the money right away, he is obviously not dude....so maybe he got his certificates in a different matter than dude did...someone should ask him, or ask ebay if they ever tell you why you are suspended.

damac

26-01-2006 19:05:55

wow this is getting big. to those that thought they were lucky because they got codes that worked, and placed and recieved orders, this could be far worse for them.

Blink182=Gone

26-01-2006 19:07:12

[quote0493d126dd="damac"]wow this is getting big. to those that thought they were lucky because they got codes that worked, and placed and recieved orders, this could be far worse for them.[/quote0493d126dd]

well, 3 of my orders (video games) were shipped today, and my account was locked up. So i'm not sure what's goin on....

GiftMonsterKyle

26-01-2006 19:07:43

[quote2f173cdd7a="jack001"]if nesquik refunded the money right away, he is obviously not dude....so maybe he got his certificates in a different matter than dude did...someone should ask him, or ask ebay if they ever tell you why you are suspended.[/quote2f173cdd7a]

I'm pretty sure I'll eventually get it worked out with eBay as a 6 year user with many positives, we'll see. Nesquik just claims he got the certificates from a "different guy" on another forum.

dudeextrem2000

26-01-2006 19:20:58

Darn men... (and ladies)

I bought some from Nesquick, but mine nots suspended yet... Also if it does get suspended is there a way to get it back?

GiftMonsterKyle

26-01-2006 19:22:59

yes, through eBay support. You should be able to explain the situation and get it back

Blink182=Gone

26-01-2006 19:29:51

I contacted support....we will see.

ps explain EVERYTHING u know, and link them to a post that DLF posted in Selling forum, to show them what he is up to, preferrably this post (...as it looks quite fishy itself)

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29726

LucaBella

26-01-2006 20:08:41

I cannot believe how worse this has gotten.

I know Finch being a thief and fucking over Half.com was horrible, but whatever guy narced him just had no idea what he'd be doing to us.

Crynos

26-01-2006 20:09:22

[quote085f4a2c1d="LucaBella"]I cannot believe how worse this has gotten.

I know Finch being a thief and fucking over Half.com was horrible, but whatever guy narced him just had no idea what he'd be doing to us.[/quote085f4a2c1d]agreed, a warning would have been nice

theysayjump

26-01-2006 20:19:38

I was about to send him another $2,000 of other peoples money for that 2nd group in the For Sale forum.

I know it may be some kind of compensation if he had warned people who still had some GC's and may have been able to spend them, but everyone else would still have been fucked.

I believe everything happens for a reason and the last payment was taking so long in the first group for a good reason. If it hadn't even more people would have lost more money.

johnjimjones

26-01-2006 20:23:16

[quote947b0e0f33="theysayjump"]I was about to send him another $2,000 of other peoples money for that 2nd group in the For Sale forum.

I know it may be some kind of compensation if he had warned people who still had some GC's and may have been able to spend them, but everyone else would still have been fucked.

I believe everything happens for a reason and the last payment was taking so long in the first group for a good reason. If it hadn't even more people would have lost more money.[/quote947b0e0f33]
I was $100 away from being in that group too.

dudeextrem2000

26-01-2006 20:29:49

[quote37c0f01194="dudeextrem2000"]Darn men... (and ladies)

I bought some from Nesquick, but mine nots suspended yet... Also if it does get suspended is there a way to get it back?[/quote37c0f01194]

Did they suspend them all @ once, or do they do them individually?

jw, anyone know?

LucaBella

26-01-2006 20:34:02

ok.. terrible time to ask, but I have to know.. Extreme, what the hell is your avatar? whats going on there?

dudeextrem2000

26-01-2006 20:36:04

its a kid dancing...

hehehhehe

26-01-2006 20:50:47

It's some kid who was on the discovery channel I think. He can't stop eating (and possible liver problem or something?), and that picture there is him getting excited because he was going to get something nice to eat. Seriously.

nesquik

26-01-2006 20:52:34

i would refund everyone that bought giftcertificates for me, but my paypal is limited right now with $100, so i can't refund it. i'm trying to open a bank account with washington mutual for the free checking account so i can add it to paypal. after that, i'm going to have to fax my information to them, confirm my location, give them my ssn and some thing else. you guys arent the only one that got messed up, i did too and i know how mad you guys are, but so am i. if you guys give me some time to get all those things done, i'll be able to refund to the people that bought from me. and btw, i'm not DLF, just to clear things up

NOStradamus

26-01-2006 22:35:32

[quote10e6ccb50c="nesquik"]i would refund everyone that bought giftcertificates for me, but my paypal is limited right now with $100, so i can't refund it. i'm trying to open a bank account with washington mutual for the free checking account so i can add it to paypal. after that, i'm going to have to fax my information to them, confirm my location, give them my ssn and some thing else. you guys arent the only one that got messed up, i did too and i know how mad you guys are, but so am i. if you guys give me some time to get all those things done, i'll be able to refund to the people that bought from me. and btw, i'm not DLF, just to clear things up[/quote10e6ccb50c]

can you explain why your gc's arent' working then if you have nothing to do with DLF???

nesquik

26-01-2006 22:47:21

i got my gc from another dude on another forum. i was selling aim screen names, but didn't want to take paypal from the members on that site because most of them are scammers and the paypal they use are either fraud or stolen. so in return, i asked that person to send me half.com giftcertificates instead. so i guess that's why its not working. i should've known that they would buy the gc with stolen credit cards or something. it's actually my fault for bringing the gcs to this forum. i will fix the mess i made once i get my problems fixed.

MightyMouse

27-01-2006 09:43:17

[quote129d04366e="nesquik"]i got my gc from another dude on another forum. i was selling aim screen names, but didn't want to take paypal from the members on that site because most of them are scammers and the paypal they use are either fraud or stolen. so in return, i asked that person to send me half.com giftcertificates instead. so i guess that's why its not working. i should've known that they would buy the gc with stolen credit cards or something. it's actually my fault for bringing the gcs to this forum. i will fix the mess i made once i get my problems fixed.[/quote129d04366e]

what screen names do you have for sale?

i used to have a few realllly good ones, but they all got cracked ;/

kevxross

27-01-2006 09:49:35

It's very odd how all the accounts who used nesquik's GCs got suspended, but none of us who used DLF's did (that I know of). DLF and nesquik's source must have used different methods to illegally obtain the certs. I hope this is good news for those of us who spent DLF's certs - Hopefully they didn't suspend us because they KNOW it's not our fault, and they tracked it back to DLF or his cousin, or whoever the hell is behind it and are going after THEM. I know this is very optimistic thinking, but damn wouldn't that be nice?

On that note, I can't help but keep checking my eBay account about every hour to make sure it's still OK lol

jack001

27-01-2006 09:56:50

i have a strange feeling that dudes giftcards were 'real' as in not generated, but they were just being sold illegally, whereas since nesquik got these others from someone on this AIM trading forumn that he said mostly pays with stolen credit cards, this other person might have stolen a credit card and bought the certificates, at which point as soon as the person found out and reported their card was stolen, the credit card company would contact ebay and they would suspend the users accounts for credit card fraud, even though they didnt know they were involved in it.

kevxross

27-01-2006 10:06:26

Yeah. Like I said I'm sure the methods were different. But seeing how quick ebay was to suspend the nesquik accounts, it's giving me hope that they are taking different action for the DLF accounts, as in going after DLF instead of all of us separate buyers like they did with the nesquik accounts.

It seems logical to me that if DLF [bfc9f780b87]did[/bfc9f780b87] have a cousin that worked there that had access to the GC system and was stealing these codes, that Half/ebay would catch this retarded cousin and just sue the hell out of him for all their losses, instead of all of us innocent parties. I'm hoping. I'm hoping.