Scammer???

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=30895

pochacco

19-01-2006 14:25:43

I have a question...

I did freeminimacs.com for one of the users here in the forum. I went green... I got proof that I went green for him.... but he never went green for me on my psps4free account. I was away from this forum for a while. When I came back, I asked him about it... but he said he didnt' remember. I sent him a print screen of all the pms we exchanged each other, he still said he doesnt' remember.

I asked one of the mods here to help me with the situation... the mod couldn't do anything ( I asked him again about the green, he said he lost that account and lost all the greens for the account, so he won't complete the green for me.

My question is..... I have completed my part of the trade, shouldn't he be completing his part also? It doesnt' matter wat happened to his account, a contract is a contract. I have done my part, now is his turn right?

I don't want to mention the user's name yet because I want to make sure he's trying to scam me first before annoucing to the forum. Also, I don't think he was trying to scam me because he got very high trade record. I just wanted to get fair because I have completed my part but just because his account is lost, he won't do his part.

Also, he NEVER sign up at all... meaning, after I confirmed with him about my green back then, he never sign up. If he has sign up back then, before he lost his account, he would have went green for me.

If you think it's fair that he has to complete a green for me, then I'll post up the user's name and the print screen to our pm. Thank you!

johnjimjones

19-01-2006 14:45:51

Seems like you were scammed, but that all depends on why the mod didn't see it as being a scam.

theysayjump

19-01-2006 15:19:09

It's not that I didn't think it was a scam, I just honestly completely forgot about it.

I will ask him to have a look at this thread and I know you showed me proof to show that you're not making this up, so he definitely owes you something.

Sorry, my bad. oops

pochacco

19-01-2006 15:37:14

thank you!!!!!

well.... I didn't really think the guy was trying to scam me because he got really hight trade record. I just thought he was being unfair to me. I felt bad that his account got lost or banned or whatever the misfortune happened to it. But what about the contract we had??? He shouldn't take it on me because I have completed my part of the trade.

I just wanted to be fair.... right?

theysayjump

19-01-2006 21:12:27

Ok, unanimous Admin/Mod decision that he doesn't infact owe you anything.

Mainly due to the fact that you "disappeared" for a lengthy period of time therefore essentially abandoning the trade. If this was 8 months ago when the trade took place then yes you would be entitled.

I understand that you brought this to me before now but evens till it would have been too long of a wait.

akalic

20-01-2006 00:25:44

[quote93053b4815="theysayjump"]Ok, unanimous Admin/Mod decision that he doesn't infact owe you anything.

Mainly due to the fact that you "disappeared" for a lengthy period of time therefore essentially abandoning the trade. If this was 8 months ago when the trade took place then yes you would be entitled.

I understand that you brought this to me before now but evens till it would have been too long of a wait.[/quote93053b4815]

have my babies.

CoMpFrEaK

20-01-2006 00:31:36

[quote6dad473c51="akalic"][quote6dad473c51="theysayjump"]Ok, unanimous Admin/Mod decision that he doesn't infact owe you anything.

I understand that you brought this to me before now but evens till it would have been too long of a wait.[/quote6dad473c51]

have my babies.[/quote6dad473c51]

Sorry to disappoint you, but Jumps mine

pochacco

20-01-2006 01:20:51

hello again,

the trade was taken in may, and i contacted the user in 11/1 when i think it wouldn't work out, i contacted the mod on nov. 1st. The last time i pmed the mod on 11/1, i told him that i'd like the user to complete the trade or paypal me $30. From may - nov, it's has only been 6 months.

the mod read my pm but forgotten to take action... ( Now.... when I couldn't wait any longer, I post a question in this section....... Finally, I get the unfair "unanimous Admin/Mod decision".....

if the user kept his promise and followed his words according to the trade, then at least he would have signed up.... but he NEVER even sign up in my account......... he read my pm, confirmed my green but just ignore signing up..... lucky for him that I had to take off from the site for a while.... when I came back 4 months after, I asked him about it.... and now..... I get nothing because the mod said it's too late..... (

CoMpFrEaK

20-01-2006 01:24:40

[quote7b76c6e5a3="pochacco"]hello again,

the trade was taken in may, and i contacted the user in 11/1 when i think it wouldn't work out, i contacted the mod on nov. 1st. The last time i pmed the mod, i told him that i'd like the user to complete the trade or paypal me $30.

the mod read my pm but forgotten to take action... ( Now.... when I couldn't wait any longer, I post a question in this section... and I get the unfair "unanimous Admin/Mod decision".....

if the user kept his promise and followed his words according to the trade, then at least he would have signed up.... but he NEVER even sign up in my account......... he read my pm, confirmed my green but just ignore signing up..... lucky for him that I had to take off from the site for a while.... when I came back 4 months after, I asked him about it.... and now..... I get nothing because the mod said it's too late..... ([/quote7b76c6e5a3]

With the mods siding for the other guy you may as well just forget about it. Not much can be done, its better to pursue the site your working on and dont look bad. Just some friendly advice.

pochacco

20-01-2006 01:31:55

I just thought it's unfair..... If the guy had at least signed up but never went green, it would be understandable and I wouldn't think he was trying to scam me... but he never signed up... He didn't even keep up to his words from the first place...

I've been very patient and trust others. When the guy said he would sign up, I would expect him to be. When the mod ask me whether I'd like the guy to pay me or complete the trade. I replied either one, it's up to the user....... and I just kept on waiting....... patiently...

I know peeps have their own schedule... the user was busy that he wasn't able to complete his trade... the mod was busy so he couldn't follow up helping me....

All in all.... I lost my part of the trade...... even now I still didn't mention the user's name because I didn't want the users of this forum to have bad impressions on him..... but may be i should have posted all the print screens from the first place to show how it was unfair to me..... oh well....

theysayjump

20-01-2006 02:06:59

The member in question was actually banned, which is why he never did anything on your site. He himself lost alot of refs, greens and Paypal because of it.

Since you left for a few months, when he was unbanned there was no follow up on your behalf so the trade essentially died.

Like I said, the reason it was decided that he didn't have to do anything for you was because of the long wait between when the trade took place and the time you reported it to me. I agree I should have taken care of it when you came to me about it, but even if I had, it was still too long of a wait between when the trade took place and when you followed up on it, so either way, we would have decided and told you the same thing as I'm telling you now.