illinifan8361 has been banned

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29230

KeithA

27-12-2005 19:37:46

illinifan8361 has been banned.

Per the earlier complaints about him in this section, he accepted PayPal for trades with potsey2007 and ummchacha but has not made sufficient efforts to complete his end of the trades. He had several weeks to offer an explanation to those users or myself but did not, despite my having contacted him via PM, email, and AIM.

I have reported him to Freepay, Trainn, and OfferCentric. I encourage users involved in pay-for-ref trades with him to file PayPal complaints.

Here is his known contact info

email==speed2kv@gmail.comspeed2kv@gmail.com=speed2kv@gmail.comspeed2kv@gmail.com/email
email==illinifan8361@gmail.comillinifan8361@gmail.com=illinifan8361@gmail.comillinifan8361@gmail.com/email
email==yalmnchl@uiuc.eduyalmnchl@uiuc.edu=yalmnchl@uiuc.eduyalmnchl@uiuc.edu/email
disgruntleduser0 (AIM)

If anyone has questions or additional information, please post here.

GiftOrb

27-12-2005 20:07:30

Does anyone actually get their money back from doing paypal complaints? I'm pretty sure that paypal does not cover the buyer for services or non tangible items. I would consider contacting your credit card company instead if you paid with a CC through paypal.

KeithA

27-12-2005 20:10:38

[quote43aea4bbfa="TimmyWangy"]Does anyone actually get their money back from doing paypal complaints? I'm pretty sure that paypal does not cover the buyer for services or non tangible items. I would consider contacting your credit card company instead if you paid with a CC through paypal.[/quote43aea4bbfa]

I have recovered money through PayPal complaints, as have others.

When sending money, it is wise to classify the transaction as "Goods (Other)" because, as you say, PayPal does not offer protection for services or intangibles.

ummchacha

27-12-2005 20:16:37

I would rather not discuss how I handle Paypal to get money back. Makes it easier for the scammers to get around it. UGH!

Thank you for looking into this and taking action....better late than never. LOL

theysayjump

27-12-2005 20:20:11

Good job Keith!