illinifan8361 -scammer???

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=28690

ummchacha

18-12-2005 06:24:48

Okay, this guy PMs me for a trade...I pay him first 35.00, and he is to do freegadgets..on the 11th. All looks okay. I pay immediately, and he promises to sign up and complete an offer immediately. He since then has not responded to multiple PMs and direct emails. He did respond to one on the 16th...said he would complete the offer on the 16th or 17th. Well, today is the 18th, and NOTHING. No further response to email or PMs. What do you guys think?

damac

18-12-2005 12:45:45

whats his trade record?

ummchacha

18-12-2005 20:26:01

About 7-ish or so...higher than mine whatever it is. I did look through the forum and found nthing negative posted about him. Not sure what happened this time. He intentions may have been good, but his actions sure were not.

Veek

18-12-2005 20:36:47

Have you PM'ed a mod?

ummchacha

18-12-2005 20:40:46

What for? I figure they read the forums, especially this section. If they need to get any info from me they can. Plus they all have access to my PMs to this guy. He did respond now by email asking for more time. This is now the third promise to do it. We all know it takes less than one minute to register for a site. He hasn't even bothered with this as of yet. tsk tsk tsk

KeithA

18-12-2005 20:45:36

[quotebbffea3089="ummchacha"]What for? I figure they read the forums, especially this section.[/quotebbffea3089]

Because many issues are easily resolved (and do not warrant labeling someone a scammer), we ask that you PM one of us before posting in this section. Not everyone takes the time to read every thread carefully, and merely having one's name in this section can tarnish his reputation.

ummchacha

18-12-2005 20:51:50

Well, please feel free to review the PMs back and forth, and I can forwrd you all sent emails to him. Sorry, but the deal was fast payment for a fast signup. I paid in minutes of his request for this. He came to me for the trade, so he surely should have been prepared to complete his end of it. I think holding on to the money and refusing to even register with the site is a sign of scamming. I did not say he scammed me.....only posed the question. Go ahead and delete this tread, If no sign up by tomorrow, then I will repost.

KeithA

18-12-2005 20:59:14

I have PMed him to ask for an explanation.

Don't worry too much about having posted here, but as a general rule, please PM a mod first. If there is a thread here about every trade that doesn't go smoothly, the section loses its value as a list of verified scammers.

ummchacha

18-12-2005 21:02:23

He will say he has finals....yet again. He never should have approached me for a trade if he knew he wasn't going to sign up. Or, at least he should have said "I want to do a trade, but cant for 2 weeks. If you still need one in 2 weeks PM me." That would be the honest way to do it. Did you review the PMs? If so, you will see how this all unfolded. Plus, we all know signing up for a site takes NO time at all...under a minute.

KeithA

18-12-2005 21:10:35

I agree that the trade is not going smoothly. Hopefully he will realize soon how uncooperative he is being and yellow (and green!) for you quickly. You'll even have an opportunity to leave feedback for him when you request TR credit, so everyone will see how you feel about his trading habits. But my point is that it's too early to call him a scammer.

I'll let you know if/when he gets back to me.

ummchacha

18-12-2005 22:37:14

But, I never did actaully call him a scammer. I was asking...hence the series of question marks. If people want to think he is based on my side of the story that is fine. He will not defend himself. I did let him know I posted in this forum, and he did respond by a PM after the orig post. My guess is that he has no defense at this point except to say again that he has finals. UGH!

potsey2007

19-12-2005 11:31:12

I also have started a trade with him, have paid him and he will not respond to any of my PM's been 5 days and I havent been able to get ahold of him. If you could PM him for me, it would be greatly appreciated!

KeithA

19-12-2005 11:32:39

[quote3e7a9a84f4="potsey2007"]I also have started a trade with him, have paid him and he will not respond to any of my PM's been 5 days and I havent been able to get ahold of him. If you could PM him for me, it would be greatly appreciated![/quote3e7a9a84f4]

I have PMed him and am trying to contact him via email and AIM. I'll post here as soon as I have an update.

ummchacha

19-12-2005 15:46:50

[quote734721f9a3="potsey2007"]I also have started a trade with him, have paid him and he will not respond to any of my PM's been 5 days and I havent been able to get ahold of him. If you could PM him for me, it would be greatly appreciated![/quote734721f9a3]

Well, well, well....looks like trouble here. So, he was sooooo busy with finals that he could not respond to me or register with my site, yet he had plenty of time to collect more money from other newbies. Stinks of a scammer to me.

KeithA

27-12-2005 19:40:21

Please see this thread for information about this user

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29230[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29230