Trading by proxy

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=28385

agroman

12-12-2005 11:23:13

Recently, I've traded/bought refs from some people only to find out later that the person who I made the transaction with is not the person who is completing the offer.

This has happened to me twice now The person I have the trade open with in the trade module doesn't know when their "friend" completed an offer, or what offer they completed.

Communication is key with these trades and unfortunately the people who I have done this trading by proxy stuff with haven't been very good about communicating.

Anyway, you live and you learn... My lesson? Make sure you get the terms of your trade up front; INCLUDING WHO WILL BE DOING THE TRADE!

Trading by proxy is bullshit and I won't be doing it again in the future....

What's everyone's thoughts on this??

fgr_admin

12-12-2005 11:27:18

[quote6c5dd183b8="agroman"]Recently, I've traded/bought refs from some people only to find out later that the person who I made the transaction with is not the person who is completing the offer.

This has happened to me twice now The person I have the trade open with in the trade module doesn't know when their "friend" completed an offer, or what offer they completed.

Communication is key with these trades and unfortunately the people who I have done this trading by proxy stuff with haven't been very good about communicating.

Anyway, you live and you learn... My lesson? Make sure you get the terms of your trade up front; INCLUDING WHO WILL BE DOING THE TRADE!

What's everyone's thoughts on this??[/quote6c5dd183b8]

Its one of the new rules. Full disclosure act 666B-2

agroman

12-12-2005 11:32:04

[quotef0e578560f="fgr_admin"][quotef0e578560f="agroman"]Recently, I've traded/bought refs from some people only to find out later that the person who I made the transaction with is not the person who is completing the offer.

What's everyone's thoughts on this??[/quotef0e578560f]

Its one of the new rules. Full disclosure act 666B-2[/quotef0e578560f]

Well, shit! Many thanks to you and all your rulemaking buddies....

I wonder if this rule was in effect when I made these trades.

theysayjump

12-12-2005 11:46:23

If this rule was in effect when you made the trades, please PM with the details of them.

agroman

12-12-2005 11:48:53

[quote0183feda4e="theysayjump"]If this rule was in effect when you made the trades, please PM with the details of them.[/quote0183feda4e]

That's hard for me to tell without knowing when the rule went into effect (couldn't even find the rule in the trading post section?? help!). The trade was setup on November 11th.

Thanks!

fgr_admin

13-12-2005 08:30:42

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27193&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27193&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Here was the original post

damac

13-12-2005 09:49:24

i have done this for people and others have done it for me, i tend to just trust higher tr traders blindly because i don't have another option.

i think it probably does add a little bit of extra time to the whole process but i have learned to be patient instead of yelling at some guy for not coming online for 2 days or something.

i have been scammed in probably a couple dozen trades(early quicktrade days sucked), and lost hundreds of $$$.

so imo its better to stick it out with respected traders then to take chances on newer users being scammers that are banned by the time they go red for you (

i only wish i could refer more new people to the system. barely anybody i know in real life wants to hear crap about these sites. they don't like the hassle, even after seeing things i have recieved )

anyways yeah that rule being there is good, and i always just tell people the truth about whos signing up, etc.

agroman

13-12-2005 09:58:50

certainly. most of these traders will be higher TR. i understand the situation... and its great that these people are doing this (more refs all around). i dont have a problem with this at all.

except....

my frustration stems from the fact that I was not told up front that someone else would be doing the offer AND that communication has been a bitch having a "middleman".