Problem with Allen626

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25432

Scudhawk007

31-10-2005 14:35:14

I completed a green for Allen626. It took longer than he wanted...something like 13 days. So I inform him of the green and he won't do his end of the bargain because he "already submitted his site for approval." Kinda like..."I made a trade and then screwed you over because you took too long for me." I thought when you set up a trade for greens, that's what the deal was with no time limit. Any other problems with this trader or comments on the situation?

phoebe7

31-10-2005 14:40:55

I hate these two types of situations

A.)Your green takes longer than they want, not by your own fault, and once it does green they've submitted for approval already so they say they didn't need your green anymore, and therefore won't do their end.

B.) They make you wait until you pass approval for them on a site before they green for you.

And especially when these terms weren't agreed upon before the trade. It's not your fault he was impatient. I know 13 days is a long time to wait, but when you agree formally to do a trade, you should at least wait for the 15 day mark. Since freepay makes people wait that long to submit for manual credit.

I think he should either pay you, or do the site you needed. That's not fair.

Scudhawk007

31-10-2005 14:48:20

[quote654e6f8657="phoebe7"]I think he should either pay you, or do the site you needed. That's not fair.[/quote654e6f8657]

I think that's only fair. Does no one enforce proper trading here?

Peinecone

31-10-2005 14:59:04

Have you pm'd a mod? Talk to jump about it.

theysayjump

31-10-2005 15:22:03

Yeah he owes you.

I'll PM him.

You really should come to me or another mod before making a thread about it though.

Scudhawk007

31-10-2005 15:42:51

[quotebc65dcf5f5="theysayjump"]Yeah he owes you.

I'll PM him.

You really should come to me or another mod before making a thread about it though.[/quotebc65dcf5f5]

I thought so. And I did previously talk to FreeOffersNow who didn't help much. I contacted Admin as well. Thanks for any help, 'jump'.

jan

31-10-2005 16:14:20

yah tats pretty screwed up he definatly owes u

Allen626

31-10-2005 19:13:58

We already discussed this, and I am not sure why this is being brought up again. This is the final PM he sent me

"I would respond the same way in your position, i'm sure. Ofcourse i'm gonna try to get something out of it. It sucks for me, but forget it. Trades don't always work out as their supposed to. Good luck trading. later."

We have about 14 other PMs to and back, and I will post them when I get time I just got off work and I am tired.

Allen626

31-10-2005 19:34:56

Trade started Oct 12th 2005. Finished Pet Chews offer on Oct 12th, and on Oct 17th I sent this

"Can you do another offer that is instant? Out of my 8 refs you are the only one that has not greened, I will pay you 5$ if you do a instant green."

Replied with,
"Hey, i just contacted trainn to ask when i will receive credit for the petchews offer. i'll let you know what they say. later."

And on Oct 18th,
"I sent a missing credit report today through the videoipod website. they have recieved it and are processing at the moment. I'll let you know when they contact me. thanx for being patient. i don't like this hassle anymore than you do. i gave your karma a boost for hangin in there. later."

Reply,
"I just submitted a lost credit request today so i am definitely waiting for a reply on that. I've already done my side of the trade with money out of my pocket...i am just waiting on the sites to figure out what their problem is. So i'd appreciate some patience with this...it's part of the game unfortunately. i'll let you know when i get word from them. peace."

Oct 25th I sent this after 7 days of last PM and still no green from him. I got a friend to do the offer on the 19th, and I was still going to do it but I believe 13 days is way too long for a new happening site and it was Trainn not Freepay. Here is the PM I sent him

"Can we cancel the trade now?"

Reply,
"NO WAY!!!! Cuz i just went green. go ahead and do my site. thanx."

He went green within the hour after I sent that PM, kinda ironic.

I replied with
"This is the 13th day, trades usually get canceled after the 5th day max. I have already submitted for aproval, if one of my refs gets DQd and I use you will do your site. You refused all my PMs about doing another offer when I needed the ref. You where my last ref and I waited for 5 days for you to go green before I got another, and that placed me 5 days further into queue. All 7 other refs went green instantly or within the first 3 days. I will not budge on this stance.

And for the record I sent the "It has been 13 days" msg before you went green."

Reply to that (from him) with
"I have run across this issue before in trading. Whether or not you used my green to submit for your approval is irrelevent. We are trading for greens. I have greened for you. The mods will back me up on this. You are obligated to complete the trade."

I replied with
"You have run into this before because people do not like having to wait for 13 days to get a green. 5 days I can sorta see, but not 13. You have not even contacted me much. I have already spoken to the Admin, and he does not care.

I waited for you to green for 7days, and you did not. I then got another person to replace you. You green after I already submit for approval 13 DAYS into the trade. Noone is going to wait 13 days to get a green I am sorry."

He replies
"I ran into this before because i was in the same position as you, and was obligated to complete their site if they greened for me. I greened for you, we had an agreement. I don't see what the question is here. You set up an agreement and you are not holding your end of the bargain. You can't go back on a trade just because you don't WANT to.

You didn't inform me that you no longer needed the green or that you had "replaced" me with another referral. You simply just said you wanted to cancel with no reason as to why, while i was waiting for my credit to go through, credit that i paid for. I still earned credit for your site regardless. According to the trade agreement you are still obligated no matter what you want."

I reply
"That is why I sent you this on Oct 18th

"By tommarow if you are not green can we both mutually agree to cancel the trade? I can get one of my friends to do a instant offer I think."

And before that I sent you a PM stating this on Oct 17th

"Can you do another offer that is instant? Out of my 8 refs you are the only one that has not greened, I will pay you 5$ if you do a instant green."

And again on the same date so I can contact you

"PM me back your AIM name I need to talk to you. Mine is Aarrggimapirate."

So stop your whining, I have done more then 1 offer that I paid for that never got credit. And one that I paid for and got credit too late, but I did not expect the guy to give me any money because he already went into approval."

And finally he replies saying,
"I would respond the same way in your position, i'm sure. Ofcourse i'm gonna try to get something out of it. It sucks for me, but forget it. Trades don't always work out as their supposed to. Good luck trading. later."

Seems like the end, after that the trade got canceled in the trade module, and no more PMs. Until I get one from theysayjump with the link to this thread. If you guys truly do believe that I should do the offer, I will do it. But I believe I acted right, and it seemed to me at the end it was resolved.

Please do not post unless you have read all of the above PMs so your post can be a informed one. All PMs have not been edited in anyway, and I give permission to any mod who would like to check them.

Daggoth

31-10-2005 19:49:52

Well, technically if the trade is cancelled, its not "official" and there is actually no proof except for PMs that it actually happened.

RoBsTaMaCk

31-10-2005 21:44:41

[quoteb905f923e0="Allen626"]I replied with
"This is the 13th day, trades usually get canceled after the 5th day max.[/quoteb905f923e0]
That's a flat out lie. No admin on here will cancel a pending trade "after the 5th day max". I understand your impatience, however, unless you SPECIFICALLY stated somewhere in writing that he had to complete the trade by a certain date/time then you are still obligated to uphold your end of the bargain. I had two users getting jerked around by Trainn for uncreditted offers for almost a full month before one guy did another offer and the other cancelled the trade. You hadn't even hit two weeks and you're trying to weasel your way out of a legitimate trade.

The trade was not initiated as
Complete your end of the bargain before 13 days otherwise I won't do your site. This type of deal-making is not allowed because one could simply initiate 10 trades for a 5-referral site and only honor the first 5 trades that go green.

You got impatient and ran to your friend to get the last referral done. You know it, everyone else knows it.

Scudhawk007

31-10-2005 22:10:29

[quotea992a11b1c="Allen626"]If you guys truly do believe that I should do the offer, I will do it.[/quotea992a11b1c]

I would appreciate it, I've wanted this trade completed all along as is apparent from the PMs above. I was just not getting any cooperation. I'm sure we could both use some more TR. A trade is a trade.

Thanks for the posts and support. Any comments etc. are still welcome.

jan

31-10-2005 22:19:04

dude i dont think u should just drop this i would most definatly make sure i got somtin out of this if i was u but hey tats just my opinion

Scudhawk007

31-10-2005 22:29:58

[quotef4eaad45d6="jan"]dude i dont think u should just drop this i would most definatly make sure i got somtin out of this if i was u but hey tats just my opinion[/quotef4eaad45d6]

WOAH! I'm not dropping it! I said i would appreciate if he does the trade as he should, like he said he would where i quoted him.

jan

31-10-2005 22:38:20

okay good just makin sure cuz thats wat scammers want u to do

Allen626

01-11-2005 09:53:17

Why would you ever PM me this,

And then cancel the trade in the trade module. Seems like you decided it did take too long, and then wanted to try for another go to see if you can convict me as a scammer and then make me do it.

Scudhawk007

01-11-2005 10:10:44

[quote6b4fc08bf3="Allen626"]Why would you ever PM me this,

And then cancel the trade in the trade module. Seems like you decided it did take too long, and then wanted to try for another go to see if you can convict me as a scammer and then make me do it.[/quote6b4fc08bf3]

I never requested deletion or succinctly stated that i wanted the trade cancelled. This seemed to be the only way to finish the trade. Either way, the trade is still in the module waiting to be completed. Everyone agrees after making an 'informed decision' that the trade should be completed. So whenever you're ready...

Allen626

01-11-2005 12:41:34

Thats bullshit, you had it as Trade Failed. This whole post is bull shit.

You canceled the trade in the trade module, and sent me a PM saying it was canceled. Its canceled.

theysayjump

01-11-2005 13:10:22

For a start, trades don't get cancelled at all, after any kind of time period. It is only cancelled when both parties agree to it. You (allen626) were trying to cancel the trade before he even said he wanted to. He then greened for you and you still wanted to cancel it but he didn't.

They way I see it is that he only said he wanted to cancel the trade because he wasn't getting anywhere with you and you weren't going to get him his green.

If he genuinely thought the trade was or should be cancelled, then he would never have made this thread.

He greened for you, and whether or not you needed his green is irrelevant, you still owe him a green.

I had someone who didn't green for me after 2 weeks, so I got someone else to replace him, I submitted for approval and was paid, but the guy eventually did go green for me about a week after I was paid by the site. I still paid him for the green because that was the agreement.

If he wants his green then give it to him. If he wants paypal then give it to him. If he wants to cancel the trade then cancel it.

Scudhawk007

01-11-2005 13:24:13

[quotecc102e0f92="theysayjump"]If he wants his green then give it to him. If he wants paypal then give it to him. If he wants to cancel the trade then cancel it.[/quotecc102e0f92]

I'd like a green.

Allen626

01-11-2005 17:22:33

[quotebb3a9ceb86="theysayjump"]For a start, trades don't get cancelled at all, after any kind of time period. It is only cancelled when both parties agree to it. You (allen626) were trying to cancel the trade before he even said he wanted to. He then greened for you and you still wanted to cancel it but he didn't.

They way I see it is that he only said he wanted to cancel the trade because he wasn't getting anywhere with you and you weren't going to get him his green.

If he genuinely thought the trade was or should be cancelled, then he would never have made this thread.

He greened for you, and whether or not you needed his green is irrelevant, you still owe him a green.

I had someone who didn't green for me after 2 weeks, so I got someone else to replace him, I submitted for approval and was paid, but the guy eventually did go green for me about a week after I was paid by the site. I still paid him for the green because that was the agreement.

If he wants his green then give it to him. If he wants paypal then give it to him. If he wants to cancel the trade then cancel it.[/quotebb3a9ceb86]

He already picked choice 3. By his actions on the trade module by changing it to Trade Failed, and his PM saying he would have done the same thing and there was no hard feelings.

Daggoth

01-11-2005 17:25:32

Just listen to the man, and go green.

Allen626

01-11-2005 18:05:20

I can not believe this happened. He changed his mind after the fact that he expressily stated he canceled the trade, and then he posts this and you guys back him. It really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

But, because theysayjump sided with this douche I just signed up and completed a offer. I should go green tommarow, not in 13 days. But I do hope something goes wrong and it takes a long time. I also hope I am the last person he needs, and somehow it makes it so he cant get his x360 or paypal 13days late.

Daggoth

01-11-2005 18:09:33

Chances are, this trade is going to kill your feedback with this new ebay style system.

Allen626

01-11-2005 18:28:27

It will kill his too

Scudhawk007

01-11-2005 18:41:57

[quote9311d46fde="Allen626"]It will kill his too[/quote9311d46fde]

I'm not trying to give anyone a bad name. Just trying to get a return on the work i put in. Ruining someone's feedback is the last thing on my mind. I'll just be happy when the trade is over.