I am tired of dealing with people's "friends"

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25063

JerriBlank

25-10-2005 19:47:25

evil There need to be some sort of rules governing how soon someone you're trading with should at least go yellow and get started on an offer. For the second time in a month, I'm dealing with someone who's drag-assing about finding a "friend" to sign up for my site. When he wrote to me badgering me to hurry up and go green - mind you, I'd yellowed for him immediately after the trade was established - and maybe even do another offer so he could get his precious f'ing green, I asked him whether his friend would be ready to sign up as soon as I went green. His response "My friend can green within a few days of you greening."

It's been six days since I greened for him, and his "friend" hasn't yellowed, much less greened.

I'm a newbie here, and I'm already SICK of the greedy and stupid little high school and college boys around here who don't care about being good traders, only about getting their little gadgets. I'm an actual grownup, and I don't have time for these little idiots.

I'm not naming names yet. But come tomorrow night, if this person's not showing up yellow, the truth about two regulars here will be told. And yes, they've been mentioned in the scammers forum before (although they were let off the hook).

jb

thehacker010

25-10-2005 20:26:03

The problem I had with "friends" is that I am not actually told that their "friends" will be doing the offer until after I go yellow/green for them...

1)There needs to be a set rule that all traders MUST tell the person they want to trade with that their "friend" will be doing the offer BEFORE the trade starts on either end.

2)The trader should be held responsible for his or her "friend" and should make sure they go yellow and green within a normal amount of waiting time.

The only tip I can give you on this is that people with high TR usually will not be doing the green'ing for you themselves....

theysayjump

25-10-2005 20:29:40

If you are not prepared to mention their name(s) publicly jerri, you can PM me if you like and I'll see what I can do shrug

Peinecone

25-10-2005 20:39:50

[quote2ecf2678e4="thehacker010"]
1)There needs to be a set rule that all traders MUST tell the person they want to trade with that their "friend" will be doing the offer BEFORE the trade starts on either end.
[/quote2ecf2678e4]
I have said this in the past. I hate being dicked around with someone who doesn't care about the trade, and basically says it is out of their hands when their friend does it.

But i disagree with you saying that most high traders are using their freinds to do the offers. I have one of the higher TR's here, and have never had a freind do an offer or trade for me, nor have i done an offer twice.

JerriBlank

25-10-2005 20:42:27

[quotef48fa3dad6="theysayjump"]If you are not prepared to mention their name(s) publicly jerri, you can PM me if you like and I'll see what I can do shrug[/quotef48fa3dad6]

Thanks, jump. If he doesn't take care of this by tomorrow night, I'll PM you.

jb

Peinecone

25-10-2005 20:46:23

If he is not in contact with you and it has been 6 days with no yellow, i would be PMing Jump today. Why wait? He is probably not scamming you, but totally procratinating.

JerriBlank

25-10-2005 20:56:11

[quoted921cb9a3d="Peinecone"]If he is not in contact with you and it has been 6 days with no yellow, i would be PMing Jump today. Why wait? He is probably not scamming you, but totally procratinating.[/quoted921cb9a3d]

I pm'd him with a warning and a deadline so that he knows my expectations and can't claim I blindsided him.

jb

tmberwolff

25-10-2005 21:25:57

you know, I'll throw my two cents in here. I have a high TR, and I trade almost exclusively on behalf of other people. If people are going to do that, they can't just toss the blame of delays on other people. They are the ones on the board offering to trade, so they should take the responsibility of getting the trade done.

I've had a trade or two start and then had a person on my end back out. It's my job to find someone else, and get the trade done.

People who aren't willing/able to handle the responsibility of trading for "friends" should stick to trading for themselves only.

I also agree that you should tell a person up front whether you or someone you know will be completing your trade. I try to do that with everyone, but not everyone tells me back. I, too, am stuck in a situation where a regular trader didn't tell me his "friend" would do the trade. Now, it's been 21 days and I'm still stuck with a yellow. sucks, huh?

CoMpFrEaK

26-10-2005 00:15:59

[quotee4059c206b="JerriBlank"]evil There need to be some sort of rules governing how soon someone you're trading with should at least go yellow and get started on an offer. For the second time in a month, I'm dealing with someone who's drag-assing about finding a "friend" to sign up for my site. When he wrote to me badgering me to hurry up and go green - mind you, I'd yellowed for him immediately after the trade was established - and maybe even do another offer so he could get his precious f'ing green, I asked him whether his friend would be ready to sign up as soon as I went green. His response "My friend can green within a few days of you greening."

It's been six days since I greened for him, and his "friend" hasn't yellowed, much less greened.

I'm a newbie here, and I'm already SICK of the greedy and stupid little high school and college boys around here who don't care about being good traders, only about getting their little gadgets. I'm an actual grownup, and I don't have time for these little idiots.

I'm not naming names yet. But come tomorrow night, if this person's not showing up yellow, the truth about two regulars here will be told. And yes, they've been mentioned in the scammers forum before (although they were let off the hook).

jb[/quotee4059c206b]

I'll admit it was I

Sure, I agree, dealing through friends may create more potential drag, but it also increases the trading potential. Though I find it ironic you are bitching about 6 days when you yourself took over 15 days to even turn green. Turning yellow means nothing, as many of us forums members know, you can have a million yellows and still not receive your item.

You yourself state your a grown up, though through your posts you have show little of it. Either I’m missing something here, or your not presenting yourself well enough.

Try coming at it from this angle, maybe if you greened faster my friend may have been able to sign up earlier. As things are sent to him in batches. I don’t PM him every time 1 person needs it, I try to group things. I'm not trying to put the blame on you, though I’m just expressing another point of view.

"If I don't see a yellow by bedtime Wednesday night, I'm reporting to the mods and posting to the scammers thread."

After that should I get my friend to do BMG instead?

I could very well run with a free green, but I choose not to. It would be a different story if i was to completely ignore your PMs, though I’ve promptly returned them, not to mention my TR has been increasing throughout our trade, which should go to show how i do keep up my sides of the deal.

I've traded with many members on the forums, some were excellent experiences, some were ok, and some just turned out bad. Though most traders I’ve traded with seem to have more tolerance, and if something doesn’t work out, we try to fix it. Threatening to post in the scammer’s section doesn’t do much, and quite frankly it may work against you.

TSJ, i have sent you a PM, please deal with it accordingly

JerriBlank

26-10-2005 05:21:12

[quote32bbf26835="CoMpFrEaK"]
Try coming at it from this angle, maybe if you greened faster my friend may have been able to sign up earlier. As things are sent to him in batches. I don’t PM him every time 1 person needs it, I try to group things. I'm not trying to put the blame on you, though I’m just expressing another point of view.[/quote32bbf26835]

What an utter load of BS. I greened as fast as I possibly could. I did Real Rhapsody for your green, which was SUPPOSED to be instant. I have no control over Gratis' slowness. I started putting in support tickets as soon as the 15 days was up. In other words, I worked hard to green for you. How soon I was approved was out of my control.

Signing up for a site, on the other hand, IS in your control, and you promised that your friend would be ready to go. Six days is unacceptable.

And you have a bit of gall whining about my impatience when you were badgering me to do ANOTHER OFFER because Gratis wasn't greening me fast enough for you. At least I was making an effort.

I'm beginning to agree with some of the others who are getting wary of dealing with people with high TRs. Or maybe I should divide TR by age; the higher the result, the more I should run the other direction.

jb

kposse77

26-10-2005 06:34:47

[quote2f0ce9a52c="JerriBlank"]I'm beginning to agree with some of the others who are getting wary of dealing with people with high TRs. Or maybe I should divide TR by age; the higher the result, the more I should run the other direction.
[/quote2f0ce9a52c]

This is kind of a blanket statement. TR, trade rules aside, should be, [i2f0ce9a52c]for the most part[/i2f0ce9a52c], used for reference ONLY. Just because someone has a high TR, that does not make then a good person. It's a gauge of successfully completed trades. Trading referrals is always an exercise in trust. I like to use TR as a reverse odds system. Basically, the higher the TR, the higher the odds that [i2f0ce9a52c]eventually[/i2f0ce9a52c] the trade will be successful.

Rich

Peinecone

26-10-2005 06:45:24

Compfreak is one of the people who i had a horrible experiance dealing with his freind doing it. roll

CoMpFrEaK

26-10-2005 06:51:11

[quote1189c8b020="kposse77"][quote1189c8b020="JerriBlank"]I'm beginning to agree with some of the others who are getting wary of dealing with people with high TRs. Or maybe I should divide TR by age; the higher the result, the more I should run the other direction.
[/quote1189c8b020]

This is kind of a blanket statement. TR, trade rules aside, should be, [i1189c8b020]for the most part[/i1189c8b020], used for reference ONLY. Just because someone has a high TR, that does not make then a good person. It's a gauge of successfully completed trades. Trading referrals is always an exercise in trust. I like to use TR as a reverse odds system. Basically, the higher the TR, the higher the odds that [i1189c8b020]eventually[/i1189c8b020] the trade will be successful.

Rich[/quote1189c8b020]

I'd actually agree with that statement. It dosent count for speed, but more or less it gurentees you wont be scammed.

For most of my trades i try to let the other party know an estimated completation date, though it can be innaccurate.

Oh, now i was whinning was i?

[quote1189c8b020="JerriBlank"]Or maybe I should divide TR by age[/quote1189c8b020]

Yea, and i wish i could divide TR by maturity.

KeithA

26-10-2005 06:56:54

Not at all a comment on this particular trade, but interested parties might consider this thread worth reading

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25002[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25002

CoMpFrEaK

26-10-2005 07:05:15

[quote5feb3f9496="JerriBlank"][quote5feb3f9496="CoMpFrEaK"]
Try coming at it from this angle, maybe if you greened faster my friend may have been able to sign up earlier. As things are sent to him in batches. I don’t PM him every time 1 person needs it, I try to group things. I'm not trying to put the blame on you, though I’m just expressing another point of view.[/quote5feb3f9496]

What an utter load of BS. I greened as fast as I possibly could. I did Real Rhapsody for your green, which was SUPPOSED to be instant. I have no control over Gratis' slowness. I started putting in support tickets as soon as the 15 days was up. In other words, I worked hard to green for you. How soon I was approved was out of my control.

Signing up for a site, on the other hand, IS in your control, and you promised that your friend would be ready to go. Six days is unacceptable.

And you have a bit of gall whining about my impatience when you were badgering me to do ANOTHER OFFER because Gratis wasn't greening me fast enough for you. At least I was making an effort.

I'm beginning to agree with some of the others who are getting wary of dealing with people with high TRs. Or maybe I should divide TR by age; the higher the result, the more I should run the other direction.

jb[/quote5feb3f9496]

Yea, ready to go when that trade was created, not on 24 hour standby though, or in other words 15+ day standby. Effort only counts if you can diliver results.

Peinecone

26-10-2005 07:13:39

I don't think it matters that your freind was ready to go when the trade started, but now it is not convienient. This is the whole problem with trading with freinds. If they can't be relied upon, when needed, to complete their part of the trade, then don't use them. Simple.

CoMpFrEaK

26-10-2005 07:24:17

[quote67df0610fd="Peinecone"]I don't think it matters that your freind was ready to go when the trade started, but now it is not convienient. This is the whole problem with trading with freinds. If they can't be relied upon, when needed, to complete their part of the trade, then don't use them. Simple.[/quote67df0610fd]

Though when you started the trade you dont expect the other party to take over two weeks either.

EDIT I take it Jerriblank has no desire to come to an mutral agreement?

JerriBlank

26-10-2005 08:01:22

[quotecfaa4e4c2c="CoMpFrEaK"]
Though when you started the trade you dont expect the other party to take over two weeks either.
[/quotecfaa4e4c2c]

Quit your bitching about how long it took me to go green (about 17 days, IIRC). Quit now. If you want to be mad at someone about it, be mad at Gratis. As I said before, as soon as our trade was established I did an "instant" offer, I did it right, and I badgered Gratis for credit as soon as the 15 days was up. You are simply trying to save your own ass by shifting the blame onto me, and it will not work. People here are smart enough to see through it. Plus, you have a bit of a history here, which I wish I'd researched before I ever got into this.

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=22246

[quotecfaa4e4c2c="CoMpFrEaK"]EDIT I take it Jerriblank has no desire to come to an mutral agreement?[/quotecfaa4e4c2c]

We already have a MUTUAL (buy a dictionary) agreement. It's called a trade, and it's in the trade module. I held up my end of the trade, but before I called you on it, you weren't holding up yours. It's as simple as that, so stop trying to make it more complicated.

Refusal to take responsibility for one's actions here ought to be a bannable offense.

jb

ragefu

26-10-2005 12:30:47

[quote6ac82d37bc="JerriBlank"]

jb[/quote6ac82d37bc]

I think you're overreacting. I was in the same situation as comp before. Your lucky he's even giving you a green after you took so long. You should have done another offer, if it didn't go instant it was probably something you did wrong, what difference does it make if you "worked" for it. He should have at least the same time you did to go green.

Its also way too soon to make a scammers thread, its like the noob who cried wolf...

tmberwolff

26-10-2005 14:14:19

[quote547b47e17b="ragefu"]

Your lucky he's even giving you a green after you took so long. You should have done another offer, if it didn't go instant it was probably something you did wrong[/quote547b47e17b]

I disagree with this. I've had at least a half dozen of my refs take the full 15 days, and have to submit for manual credit. When they submitted, though, they were approved. The scripts that these sites use to credit are not perfect. I would not have done another offer, since I refuse to take blame that the scripts screwed up.

That being said, if I had waited 15 days, submitted for approval and were denied, yes, I'd have to do another offer. Likewise, if someone I was trading with stayed yellow for... ohhh... 22 days, I'd be a little upset. 15-17 days, though? Normal. It's all part of the game.

ilanbg

26-10-2005 14:17:23

I've traded with comp in the past, and it took a little over a week to get my green.

But chill out. The freebie game is about patience and waiting. If you can't wait for your money, get a job working retail or something.

CoMpFrEaK

26-10-2005 14:50:20

[quote4b04a7b5e0="ragefu"][quote4b04a7b5e0="JerriBlank"]

jb[/quote4b04a7b5e0]

I think you're overreacting. I was in the same situation as comp before. Your lucky he's even giving you a green after you took so long. You should have done another offer, if it didn't go instant it was probably something you did wrong, what difference does it make if you "worked" for it. He should have at least the same time you did to go green.

Its also way too soon to make a scammers thread, its like the noob who cried wolf...[/quote4b04a7b5e0]

Hes mad just cause i sent him a message before saying that if he dosent reply within 2 days (since he wasnt green) i will call off the trade.

By the way, i have every right to say you took too long. Though if you want to continue arguing be my guest. I'll have my friend do BMG today if you want, and lets see how long we can prolong this discussion. Your choice.

phoebe7

26-10-2005 14:54:11

[quote0f1a86e7e6]Your lucky he's even giving you a green after you took so long. You should have done another offer, if it didn't go instant it was probably something you did wrong, what difference does it make if you "worked" for it. He should have at least the same time you did to go green. [/quote0f1a86e7e6]

I also don't agree with this statement. I have been in a trade and done an offer correctly (cookies enabled, pop up blockers turned of, IE browser, etc.) and did not get credit on freepay. The trader i traded with was completely patient, and I submitted my support ticket after 15 days. They manually credited me, and the person I did the trade with did an instant credit offer for me immediately upon the manual credit. He was not upset at all, and understood that things can happen with credit. She should not be "lucky" to get a green. It's a trade, she should get the green. That's silly to say he gets the same amount of time she did. It's not like she sat there and twiddled her thumbs for fifteen days, then did the offer. She did it, and it did not credit like it said it would. So she had to wait per freepay's TOS to submit the support ticket.

CoMpFrEaK

26-10-2005 14:57:27

Hum i guess i'll push for an offer to be done later today.

In the meantime i'm going to delete the trade, as i have no care for TR. Though they will still get their green as promised.

JUNIOR6886

26-10-2005 15:00:36

wow what a dick move.... maybe you dont need the TR but what about the other person. The girl you're trading only has 1 TR....
I think you deleted the trde because you dont want her to leave feedback for you...... how fucking shady is that?

CoMpFrEaK

26-10-2005 15:07:57

[quotec813225c49="JUNIOR6886"]wow what a dick move.... maybe you dont need the TR but what about the other person. The girl you're trading only has 1 TR....
I think you deleted the trde because you dont want her to leave feedback for you...... how fucking shady is that?[/quotec813225c49]

You think it would look any better if i left feedback for her? I have every right to delete the trade, as long as i forfill it.

theysayjump

26-10-2005 15:18:08

Don't delete the trade.

The only reason I can see as to why someone would delete the trade would be because they don't want someone saying something bad about them, and it being in their public profile for all to see.

If anyone does this and tries to cover something up, then they will receive a 5 temp-ban.

CoMpFrEaK

26-10-2005 15:27:34

[quote80bbe85781="theysayjump"]Don't delete the trade.

The only reason I can see as to why someone would delete the trade would be because they don't want someone saying something bad about them, and it being in their public profile for all to see.

If anyone does this and tries to cover something up, then they will receive a 5 temp-ban.[/quote80bbe85781]

A 5 day ban right now dosent sound bad, just so i dont have to listen to her for 5 days wink lol

ragefu

26-10-2005 18:53:43

[quote730b40a16a="JUNIOR6886"]wow what a dick move.... maybe you dont need the TR but what about the other person. The girl you're trading only has 1 TR....
I think you deleted the trde because you dont want her to leave feedback for you...... how fucking shady is that?[/quote730b40a16a]

He could just never request tr, nothing wrong with that. Why should he give someone tr if it wasn't a good trade. You're not required to leave feedback on ebay...

ragefu

26-10-2005 19:03:40

[quoteee8f2bbe64="phoebe7"][quoteee8f2bbe64]Your lucky he's even giving you a green after you took so long. You should have done another offer, if it didn't go instant it was probably something you did wrong, what difference does it make if you "worked" for it. He should have at least the same time you did to go green. [/quoteee8f2bbe64]

I also don't agree with this statement. I have been in a trade and done an offer correctly (cookies enabled, pop up blockers turned of, IE browser, etc.) and did not get credit on freepay. The trader i traded with was completely patient, and I submitted my support ticket after 15 days. They manually credited me, and the person I did the trade with did an instant credit offer for me immediately upon the manual credit. He was not upset at all, and understood that things can happen with credit. She should not be "lucky" to get a green. It's a trade, she should get the green. That's silly to say he gets the same amount of time she did. It's not like she sat there and twiddled her thumbs for fifteen days, then did the offer. She did it, and it did not credit like it said it would. So she had to wait per freepay's TOS to submit the support ticket.[/quoteee8f2bbe64]

Okay I'm sorry, I was wrong about that, esp. if comp used the green. But after he waited for so long for a green, I don't see how he can turn around and complain about it taking too long when it took over 2 weeks for him. And I did real rhapsody (on firefox) and it did credit instantly, so I don't really have much understanding for it.

But there was still no reason to put this in the scammers thread. Compfreaks obviously not a scammer, he's not refusing to give you a green, and your only out what, $1 from real rhapsody? I'd say just give it some more time before you jump the gun and make a scammers thread.

theysayjump

26-10-2005 19:33:08

[quote4ec0f7ed5c="ragefu"][quote4ec0f7ed5c="JUNIOR6886"]wow what a dick move.... maybe you dont need the TR but what about the other person. The girl you're trading only has 1 TR....
I think you deleted the trde because you dont want her to leave feedback for you...... how fucking shady is that?[/quote4ec0f7ed5c]

He could just never request tr, nothing wrong with that. Why should he give someone tr if it wasn't a good trade. You're not required to leave feedback on ebay...[/quote4ec0f7ed5c]

Why is there nothing wrong with not requesting TR? How would you feel if you did a legitimate trade with someone and they just decided to request TR?

I'd be pissed.

Why do people insist that because someone takes 15 days to green, that its their fault? Seriously, I just don't get how people can put the blame on the trader when they do everything right and the offer just doesn't credit.

If he or anyone else refuses to request TR for a legit trade, then that's pretty low. Everyone has trades that turn out to be shit, but that is NO reason whatsoever to not request TR.

phoebe7

27-10-2005 03:52:13

[quote501f42e13a="ragefu"][quote501f42e13a="phoebe7"][quote501f42e13a="ragefu"]Your lucky he's even giving you a green after you took so long. You should have done another offer, if it didn't go instant it was probably something you did wrong, what difference does it make if you "worked" for it. He should have at least the same time you did to go green. [/quote501f42e13a]

I also don't agree with this statement. I have been in a trade and done an offer correctly (cookies enabled, pop up blockers turned of, IE browser, etc.) and did not get credit on freepay. The trader i traded with was completely patient, and I submitted my support ticket after 15 days. They manually credited me, and the person I did the trade with did an instant credit offer for me immediately upon the manual credit. He was not upset at all, and understood that things can happen with credit. She should not be "lucky" to get a green. It's a trade, she should get the green. That's silly to say he gets the same amount of time she did. It's not like she sat there and twiddled her thumbs for fifteen days, then did the offer. She did it, and it did not credit like it said it would. So she had to wait per freepay's TOS to submit the support ticket.[/quote501f42e13a]

Okay I'm sorry, I was wrong about that, esp. if comp used the green. But after he waited for so long for a green, I don't see how he can turn around and complain about it taking too long when it took over 2 weeks for him. And I did real rhapsody (on firefox) and it did credit instantly, so I don't really have much understanding for it.

But there was still no reason to put this in the scammers thread. Compfreaks obviously not a scammer, he's not refusing to give [b501f42e13a]you[/b501f42e13a] a green, and [b501f42e13a]your[/b501f42e13a] only out what, $1 from real rhapsody? I'd say just give it some more time before [b501f42e13a]you[/b501f42e13a] jump the gun and make a scammers thread.[/quote501f42e13a]

I [b501f42e13a]didn't[/b501f42e13a] make this thread. I'm [b501f42e13a]not[/b501f42e13a] the person involved in this situation. Just to clarify!!!! I was just giving my opinion on your previous statement.

JerriBlank

27-10-2005 07:39:59

Just so you know, Compfreak and I agreed to a truce. We're no longer going to carry on our argument in this forum.

But I do want to clarify one point in response to ragefu's post - I didn't call Compfreak out as a scammer. I posted a general rant about a common bad trading practice here. Compfreak bravely (or unwisely ) ) outed himself when he jumped into the thread. I was protecting his identity up until then.

So please don't say I was publicly accusing him of scamming. I was pointedly NOT doing that.

jb