Be Aware of Ragefu

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23583

Gigante

05-10-2005 22:28:34

I do not doubt the credibility of Ragefu and am not saying he is a bad trader. I am saying I am in the middle of a bad trade, and it needs to be resolved.

When Nano's came out, I decided to try GiftFiesta and quickly got people willing to do the GiftFiesta nano site since I was one of the first to signup for it. Anyways, Ragefu was one of the people I setup a trade with to complete my site.

So the trade started on 9/7/05.
The trade was setup for me to complete his FreePay GamingSystems site and he was to complete my GiftFiesta iPod Nano site.
I completed his offer but did not receive credit during the normal time, so I had to wait to send a support ticket after the 15 days. I sent in a support ticket and then sent him this message in PM

Saturday, Sept. 24th (Gigante)
[quotea0ee213821]Sending in a support ticket to hopefully get credit for the offer completion. Been 15 days.[/quotea0ee213821]

Since he was online but I got no reply, the next day I decided to confirm this fact with him, by sending another PM.

Sunday, Sept. 25th (Gigante)
[quotea0ee213821]I sent in a support ticket involving my ref on GamingSystems, hopefully they will respond accordingly.[/quotea0ee213821]

So on Monday I go green, but at this point I would like to point out that he has no replied, and now our trade says that he is Requesting Deletion. Okay... So I send him a PM, hoping that maybe he hasn't seen my two other messages even though he has been reported as online at the bottom of the forum, and an admin confirmed that he even requested TR on two trades in one day during this time of no response.

Wednesday, Sept 28th (Gigante)
[quotea0ee213821]Please PM me. I do not understand why you are trying to delete our trade after I have gone green for you.[/quotea0ee213821]

Of course, now I get a response.

Wednesday, Sept 28th (Ragefu)
[quotea0ee213821]How many weeks ago did we start that trade? I had to get another green because I just figured you never did an offer. I can't even view my referrals because I've already gone stv, but a lot of good it does me you going green after I'm approved.[/quotea0ee213821]

Also on the same day, he posted this

Wednesday, Sept 28th (Ragefu)
[quotea0ee213821]Mine just went stv today too after approval yesterday. Way faster than I was expecting[/quotea0ee213821]

This above post was in reference to his freegamingsystems account and can be found here http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=215521&highlight=#215521[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=215521&highlight=#215521

His reply about not being able to see I was green really doesn't work since he could still see that on Monday, but we won't dwell on that fact.

Anyways, at this point he goes quiet and does not send anymore PM's for a couple days. A mod contacts him, and of course replies to the mod. So I try my attempt at a PM again

Friday, Sept 30th (Gigante)
[quotea0ee213821]It has been two days with no response so I am figuring that you have either completed and offer and are waiting for credit, or are not planning to do the site at all. Please PM me back, I know you have been on the forums.[/quotea0ee213821]

This time I get a response...

Friday, Sept 30th (Ragefu)
[quotea0ee213821]I've had ebay pending since I signed up, and netflix pending since yesterday. I'm not really liking giftfiesta, have you had any luck getting credit, or getting anyone else to go green under me. I only have $16 in my account right now, until I get paid from OC on Wednesday, so I won't be able to pay for more offers that probably won't green until then. But it's the least I can do after your timely green.[/quotea0ee213821]

I replied by telling him which ones greened for my and my refs (keep in mind, my refs credited next day or second day for both offers, so it isn't a crediting problem).

Since then I have heard nothing, and my last PM was two days ago to him, asking for an update.

Monday, Oct 3rd
[quotea0ee213821]Anything new with GiftFiesta? I know they credited a bunch today.[/quotea0ee213821]

Whatever, I was getting tired of playing games and didn't believe that he actually did the offers, so I decided to inquire about his credit to GiftFiesta. Take note that I never accused him of not completing an offer to GiftFiesta, and actually at this point was believing (or at least hoping) that he was telling the truth. This was my message to them

Wednesday, Oct 5 (Gigante)
[quotea0ee213821]It hasn't bee a problem with my account (Giganteshs@gmail.com), but more of a problem with my referral. His email= is email=ragefu2@aol.comragefu2@aol.com is email=ragefu2@aol.comragefu2@aol.com/email and did ebay and netflix. He only did netflix on 9/29 but did ebay near the beginning of your nano site opening.

Thanks for the response and hope we can figure it out.

Will[/quotea0ee213821]

This was their reply...

Wednesday, Oct 5 (GiftFiesta)
[quotea0ee213821]Hi,

We just checked your referrals account and this is what we found. He has never clicked on the Netflix offer so theres no way he completed it. For Ebay he did click on it 9/08 however we checked over our credit system and don't see any credits for his account. I'd check with this referral to make sure he really is doing the offers. Also have him send us his ebay confirmation email this will speed up the process. Hope this helps out and answers your question![/quotea0ee213821]

So according to GiftFiesta, he has not even clicked on Netflix, yet says that he did it almost a week ago. Something very fishy is going on.

sn0board3r

05-10-2005 22:35:42

woah good game, lol...no excuses there.

ragefu

06-10-2005 19:58:15

Yeah, its possible you went green on the 28th, but I wasn't lying when I said I was approved before you supposedly went green

http//images5.theimagehosting.com/freegamingsystems1.JPG[" alt=""/img4a3c19aabd][=http//www.theimagehosting.com][img="4a3c19aabd]http//images5.theimagehosting.com/freegamingsystems1.JPG[" alt=""/img4a3c19aabd][/url]

How do you explain that? I was approved on the 27th, the day before you went green.

So yeah, you decide to go green nearly 3 weeks after you sign up, and then, after I've already been approved, want me to do TWO offers on your giftiesta site? I offered to paypal you, an offer that's still open, but you still think you should get a green.

Now you start a thread in hopes of what? I've never scammed anybody, and never plan to. Ask any of the dozens of other people I've traded with, I'm not a lousy trader.

2 suggestions to everyone

1. If you take longer than 2 weeks to green, nobody should have to wait on you, you should have done a 2nd offer.

2. Unless you like your greens 3 weeks late, dont trade with Gigante

ajrock2000

06-10-2005 20:19:07

Gigante, did you PM him at all between 9/7/2005 and 9/24/2005, letting him know you still were pursuing the trade? I would have done the same thing ragefu did if I didnt hear from you 15 days after the trade started, and no green.

ragefu

06-10-2005 20:25:34

I think he did, but I assumed he was lying, no offer takes that long to credit, and he didn't mention what the offer was. And to clear things up, I requested deletion before I was approved and before he said he went green.

sweeedfish

06-10-2005 20:39:32

Ragefu is one of the better traders on here. I even trusted him enough to split a site with him where he had the account and password and I just got referrals for it and he paid me once OC paid him.

Anyways, 3 weeks is a very long time. I would have had a new ref by then if it was me. If in fact you had greened on the third week and I had a new ref I would have paid you a little paypal, but I wouldn't have done the site for you. To each trader his own ... but that's how I deal.

You needed to have better communication with him in the beginning weeks telling him it's not greening and if you are going to do another offer or send in a no credit form. There are several newbs that I have traded with in the past that you start the trade, they say they do an offer, and you never hear from again, so I can see how he may have thought that.

Well that's my 2 cents, rage is a great trader, so to say to avoid him at all costs is dumb.

Gigante

06-10-2005 21:05:33

I do not doubt he is a great trader, with 60+ feedback I am sure he is. I just think it is a trade that got messed up, but I think it should be fixed.

theysayjump

06-10-2005 21:59:54

i am in the same situation.

i have 2 people i am waiting on greens from on 2 different sites. they are newbies and i have waited more than a couple of weeks for both and i have looked for other greens elsewhere.

if they do green however, i will pay them what i said i would.

its a trade, you agree on a green for green, green for cash, whatever. unless the trade is explicitly agreed upon that you have to green by a certain time, then waiting 3 weeks doesnt make any difference.

its not up to the trader when they green, so saying
[quote5d3b143558]
So yeah, you decide to go green nearly 3 weeks after you sign up[/quote5d3b143558]

is just ridiculous. its up to the trader when to sign up and do the offer, but they cant do shit about going green. just sit and wait. and if its taking too long, then they either do another offer or submit a support ticket.

whether ragefu ended up needing the green or not, there were no conditions on the trade about a time limit, so gigante deserves his green, or the paypal to get him a green.

if you put yourself in gigantes shoes, then you would want exactly the same thing, you would expect a green.

aguy

06-10-2005 22:04:41

3 weeks is way to long to wait for a green

Gigante

06-10-2005 22:21:02

You cannot really do anything about Freepay only allowing you to send a support ticket after 15 days.

Peinecone

06-10-2005 22:24:54

I have had at least 2 succeful trades with ragefu and an on our 3rd.

sn0board3r

06-10-2005 22:29:23

[quote872ad004e0="aguy"]3 weeks is way to long to wait for a green[/quote872ad004e0]

Hmm 15 days = 2.2 weeks, support ticket for freepay usually takes about 2 business days (from my expierence with freepay). so wait 17 days, so your saying 3 weeks is WAYYY too long?! I dont think so

Gigante

06-10-2005 22:31:02

Plus if your 15th day falls on a Friday/Saturday, that means they won't check it out until Monday.

Gigante

06-10-2005 22:35:31

[quote049ce4e9f9="Peinecone"]I have had at least 2 succeful trades with ragefu and an on our 3rd.[/quote049ce4e9f9]
I don't doubt his ability to trade. I mean, with 60+ feedback, he is an established trader. I just think he is trying to brush this trade under the rug and hoping his high TR will solve his problems.

doylnea

07-10-2005 04:49:54

[quotef5ae9833b9="Gigante"]Plus if your 15th day falls on a Friday/Saturday, that means they won't check it out until Monday.[/quotef5ae9833b9]

A pretty strong point...

Gigante

07-10-2005 16:27:26

So what are you going to do Rage?

mneipert

08-10-2005 16:41:41

ragefu scammed my friend "ykawatsuji"(who is a newbie) out of a $45 trade. ragefu told him he would pay as soon as he greened. My friend greened instantly and now ragefu is out of contact. I told my friend to do one with him b/c his tr and i did a couple trades with him awhile back. so now i feel bad for steering him in the wrong direction. ragefu, make good or i motion to have you banned

UPDATE Since i've posted this, ragefu HAS PAID my friend for his green. So, i think he's trying to make good

Gigante

08-10-2005 17:32:17

Wow, that is definitely an interesting development. Ragefu now has two people that he owes. Hopefully an admin will enforce this shortly.

ragefu

09-10-2005 17:44:07

Sorry I was out of town for the weekend. As for mneiports friend, here is a screenshot of the account
http//images5.theimagehosting.com/nanoipod1.JPG[" alt=""/img11201c4642][=http//www.theimagehosting.com][img="11201c4642]http//images5.theimagehosting.com/nanoipod1.JPG[" alt=""/img11201c4642][/url]

He signed up twice under different emails(yustex), I need to talk to the owner to check that this won't make him go red before I'm going to pay him. Gigante, my offer of $25 is still out there.

Gigante

09-10-2005 18:07:50

$25 will not get me a ref on there, so in essence, that is not completing your half of the deal. If you want to give me paypal aqequate to get me the referral or pay someone to do it, i would accept that.

theysayjump

09-10-2005 18:13:46

ragefu, cant you just use that money to do an offer on the site?

Gigante

09-10-2005 18:19:08

[quote867ed9962b="theysayjump"]ragefu, cant you just use that money to do an offer on the site?[/quote867ed9962b]

True, you said you didn't do an offer before because you only had $16, which is enough to do two offers on there. And now you have $25, so you can definitely complete the offers.

ragefu

09-10-2005 18:25:51

Have you seen the offers? Tell me how I'm supposed to do 2 of these without ending up in the hole. Here's the ones I haven't done yet

Discover Clear Card
Cortiban Ultra(same offer that took him 2 and half weeks to credit)
ebay(I'm already an ebay member, but you have to spend $20 on a new account)
NASCAR members club
NASCAR credit card
Citi platinum card
comcast.com(already have adelphia cable and verizon dsl)
petcarerx($25 minimum purchase)
universal star council(cheapest option is $40)
Platinum gas card
hsbc cash back card

I was planning to do red blossom and onlingo, but I did those last week for 2 other trades.

Gigante

09-10-2005 19:29:37

Well I contacted you last week. You signed up for the site knowing what the offers well. Just because you did not plan your offers well is not my fault. There are many people who have not done all of the offers on GiftFiesta who you could pay to do the site instead of you doing it.

JUNIOR6886

10-10-2005 20:37:16

25$ is more than fair after 3 weeks you're lucky he's offering you a dime..... shock

Gigante

10-10-2005 20:42:57

It wasn't three weeks. And Freepay requires you to wait 15days.

ajrock2000

10-10-2005 20:54:35

omg accept the $25 and move on...jeez

mneipert

12-10-2005 15:23:38

[quote11fdd1f626="mneipert"]ragefu scammed my friend "ykawatsuji"(who is a newbie) out of a $45 trade. ragefu told him he would pay as soon as he greened. My friend greened instantly and now ragefu is out of contact. I told my friend to do one with him b/c his tr and i did a couple trades with him awhile back. so now i feel bad for steering him in the wrong direction. ragefu, make good or i motion to have you banned[/quote11fdd1f626]

UPDATE Since i've posted this, ragefu HAS PAID my friend for his green. So, i think he's trying to make good