BenBrown2 (RESOLVED!)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=20143

pinkledeez

18-08-2005 21:15:16

There were a couple of snafus on both of us to get a deal completed for him at notebooks4free.com, but what it summed up to was this

1. I completed an offer for BenBrown2 (the last one too which was one of the most difficult at the time).
2. He did not pay up as promised.

[b452043e95a]NEW NOTE[/b452043e95a]
Ben finally paid up yesterday (3 1/2 months after the trade initiated). This issue is closed.

theysayjump

18-08-2005 22:05:38

snafus?

and i know who goes away for a while and then comes back and posts and then goes away again, but it doesnt like this is the problem you have.

have you PM'ed, e-mailed, IM'ed him?

hairyferry

18-08-2005 23:01:23

who cares if you got scammed holy big boobed asian... jk, I'll remember that if I ever trade with him..

pinkledeez

19-08-2005 07:04:17

[quote3486f997e7="theysayjump"]snafus?

and i know who goes away for a while and then comes back and posts and then goes away again, but it doesnt like this is the problem you have.

have you PM'ed, e-mailed, IM'ed him?[/quote3486f997e7]

I'll try not to get too in depth with the story, but I was basically in the position to call the shots and insisted he pay first. It was a descent sum of money ($50) and I didn't want him flaking on me if I went green with an offer.

So he paid the $50 and I immediately did the Discover Card offer. However, if you know OC, you know they're a pain in the ass. A week went by and then two weeks went by without me getting approved. I felt bad about making the dude pay first and felt the honorable thing to do was to refund his money. So I did. Then, the very next day (after some lengthy e-mails to OC), I get approved.

But, guess what? He decides he won't pay till he gets approved...and--next thing you know--he gets DQ'ed.

We exchange a couple of PMs back and forth, but this is how he ended it

[quote3486f997e7="benbrown2"]...I move to South America tomorrow and this is the last thing on my mind. I'm
not going to pay you any money until OC sorts everything out and
either tells me who the problem is with or clears my account. [/quote3486f997e7]

And that's the last I hear about it till I notice last night that he's been back on trying this forum to get refs.

He has made no attempts to contact me nor resolve the situation.

wood

19-08-2005 07:11:15

I've sent him a PM.

Let me know what you want me to do if he doesn't respond.
Forum bant and gratis/OC accounts on hold don't seem completely out of the question if he doesnt post here explaining himself...

benbrown2

19-08-2005 08:54:47

okay, cap this thread after my reply please.

i knew that pinkledeez would come a calling....

so a brief reply

pinkledeez and i had a back and forth, back and forth exchange of
information and trading. Money ($50) was sent back and forth
between us. His green was taking a long time/longer than normally
appropriate. I moved to Brazil and I went into processing on NB4Free
after a long time of waiting for his green, literally all in a couple of day span.
Read pinkledeezīs quote of me moving in his post. No joke there.

to condense a story (which i posted on a4free - same name) i finally got
my account reinstated and then i had 2 people put on hold for invalid
accounts. one was a scammer (scentofher@g......com) and one was
a friend who was mistakenly put on hold.

i have limited access to internet and no money in my paypal or bank
account. i have 17 legitimate refs and i am trading for the last ref now.
the moment i have my last ref and i get paid $1050 to my PayPal,
2 things will happen

1) Pinkledeez will have $50 in his PayPal
2) my 18th ref will immediately get his money as well

My situation became strange because of the months that it took me to
get 18 refs (an eternity), my new location, my financial situation, and
OCīs continuously changing business model.

Pinkledeez - sorry, i have had not a dime to spare. And if you really look at
our trade, it looked like you were not gonna get a green. Our trade was not ideal
by any means, but I will pay you because you are still green after my first round of OC
processing. Everyone Iīve ever
traded with can vouch for me on this forum. Iīm legit.

thatīs all for now, please be patient as I finish up NB4Free.

Ben

wood

19-08-2005 09:46:12

So uhm...nothing gets resolved....and you want me to lock this thread?

Riiiiggghhhttt roll

Pink - your call

pinkledeez

19-08-2005 10:20:58

[quoteaf5e007207="wood"]So uhm...nothing gets resolved....and you want me to lock this thread?

Riiiiggghhhttt roll

Pink - your call[/quoteaf5e007207]

LOL...no...not yet please.

After reading his post and based on his history, I think Ben will come through. However, to be perfectly honest Ben, I would've appreciated you PM'ming before you started trying to finish the NB4 Free offer.

This is exactly the situation I wanted to avoid. I come through and then have to sit and wait patiently while you fulfill your end. Even when I made you pay first, I promptly responded to every PM and tried to give you an update every step of the way. I had no idea OC was going to be such a pain giving me a green on a cut and dry offer.

Plus, I transferred a [baf5e007207]huge[/baf5e007207] balance onto that card. It cost me $50 to do it too so I'm just breaking even at this point.

I understand your situation and empathize with your frustration on this, but what kind of time frame are we talking here?

benbrown2

19-08-2005 11:04:26

[quote28ad7d4337="pinkledeez"][quote28ad7d4337="wood"]So uhm...nothing gets resolved....and you want me to lock this thread?

Riiiiggghhhttt roll

Pink - your call[/quote28ad7d4337]

LOL...no...not yet please.

After reading his post and based on his history, I think Ben will come through. However, to be perfectly honest Ben, I would've appreciated you PM'ming before you started trying to finish the NB4 Free offer.

This is exactly the situation I wanted to avoid. I come through and then have to sit and wait patiently while you fulfill your end. Even when I made you pay first, I promptly responded to every PM and tried to give you an update every step of the way. I had no idea OC was going to be such a pain giving me a green on a cut and dry offer.

Plus, I transferred a [b28ad7d4337]huge[/b28ad7d4337] balance onto that card. It cost me $50 to do it too so I'm just breaking even at this point.

I understand your situation and empathize with your frustration on this, but what kind of time frame are we talking here?[/quote28ad7d4337]
Hey pinkledeez,

Thanks for understanding. I am working on ref 18 as we speak.
As soon as that ref is cleared (b/c myself and 17 refs have already been Ok'ed
by OC, then I will promptly pay you.) I hope all is resolved within 2 weeks.

pinkledeez

19-08-2005 11:23:54

[quote34b154d4f4="benbrown2"]...Thanks for understanding. I am working on ref 18 as we speak.
As soon as that ref is cleared (b/c myself and 17 refs have already been Ok'ed
by OC, then I will promptly pay you.) I hope all is resolved within 2 weeks.[/quote34b154d4f4]

I think that's a fair situation. I can wait that long. Good luck!

CoMpFrEaK

19-08-2005 14:10:30

Becareful, your putting on a lot of trust to OC. Kinda a bad idea.

pinkledeez

14-09-2005 18:00:23

He paid today.

So even though our trade sucked ass, we both met our end of the deal.

theysayjump

14-09-2005 20:57:59

ok good.....if this is resolved, could you edit the title to include "resolved" please?

cheers.