A little story about my trade with ben laden - RESOLVED

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=19855

kposse77

11-08-2005 21:04:35

So here's the situation, and ben, I welcome your response to this post, since you were so pleasant to deal with. About a month ago, we had made an agreement that I would send him $25 and he would go green for my dvdrecorders4free site. After about a week, I noticed he had not greened for me yet and sent the following message

[quoted1dbe2c7fa="kposse77"]Hey there,

Can you tell me which offer you completed for this site? It seems to be taking a long time (for them) to credit on your particular signup and I wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem.

Thanks!
Rich[/quoted1dbe2c7fa]

Here was his reply
[quoted1dbe2c7fa="ben laden"]Sorry, I actually haven't done an offer yet. When I signed up under you it made my account point-based even though I specifically chose referral-based. I couldn't find the option to switch it so I submitted a support ticket and had to wait a couple days for them to switch it. Of course, by the time they got around to it, I went on vacation, so I didn't have a chance to complete yours yet. I'll do it tonight so you don't have to wait any longer. Sorry about the delay.[/quoted1dbe2c7fa]

Ok, so it's been a week since I paid you and you didn't bother to tell me that you weren't planning on doing it until now. Fine. Fast forward about a week

[quoted1dbe2c7fa="kposse77"]Hi there,

Please excuse the generic nature of this message. Unfortunately, you are receiving this message because you are one (of the many) people I am currently engaged in a trade with that has not completed your half of our deal.

The nature of freebie sites being what they are, I certainly understand that at times, credit can be slow in coming. This message is basically meant as a request to you, a person whom I trust (otherwise, I would never have made an agreement to trade with you), to please complete your half of our deal. Whether that would means submitting another support ticket and letting me know that it is under investigation, or completing an offer that will actually get you credit. I know it is annoying to have to complete another offer on a site at times, but I think I can say with certainty, that if the tables were reversed, you would expect the same of me.

If you have received a Paypal payment from me for a green, please note that I will be in the process of requesting a refund when our trade reaches one month from the date that payment was sent. Whether that request would be granted, I have no idea, but I just have way too much money that is out there that I have gotten nothing for.

Please note that this pm isn't meant to be accusatory in nature. Again, I understand that at times, something happens that is out of your control. All of you have been very courteous in our conversations and I'm not trying to offend anyone. I just want some resolution before I move on to other trades.

Feel free to contact me either through pm or aim.

Thanks!
Rich[/quoted1dbe2c7fa]

A bit generic, yes. But at this point I'm waiting on greens from about 4 people so you'll have to excuse me if I don't have time to write a more personal note asking you to please do the responsible thing and complete your part of the deal.

Another week passes. I hear from everyone except for ben laden. I send out another message

[quoted1dbe2c7fa="kposse77"]Hi there,

Sorry for another generic pm, but like I said before, you're one of the many. Anyway, I was reading over on a4f that Alan has gone through all previous credit requests and would be getting back to people today regarding they're credits, whether they would get one or not. I'm kindly asking that if you have received an email from him that says you will not be receiving credit that you either complete another offer, or please send me a refund. While I believe each of you has completed an offer, payment was contingent on receiving a green and at this point (~1 month), it's time to move on. I ask that you do the right thing and if you are not going to green, to please send me back my money so I can try to find someone else and try again.

Thanks and as always, it has been a pleasure dealing with you.
Rich[/quoted1dbe2c7fa]

Again, not the most personal message, but in my opinion, a very pleasant pm all things considered. Skip ahead to today

[quoted1dbe2c7fa="kposse77"]Hey there,

Seeing as how I didn't get a response to my last pm and I have seen you posting around the board, I would like to send you a final request for either a refund or for you to resolve this trade in one way or another.

If I don't hear from you by tomorrow, I'll have to take this to the board. I don't think you're a scammer, but as someone that is an active trader, I'm sure that you understand why nearly a month after I paid you, I at least expect the decency of a response.

Rich[/quoted1dbe2c7fa]

And lo and behold, I get a response

[quoted1dbe2c7fa="ben laden"]I'm sure you can understand why I have not sent you a response since you didn't have the decency to send a PM to me and instead sent a generic PM to anyone who you are in the middle of a trade with.
I can't help the sites' poor customer service. I'm trying to get you a green, so I'd appreciate it if you were a little more patient. I just moved in to college and have been working on programs for my university from 8 am to 5 pm every day. It's like a job where I don't get paid. So please, excuse me if these sites are no longer a priority anymore. Yes, I intend to go through with all trades I'm involved in, but this isn't something that I can check on 10 times throughout the day.[/quoted1dbe2c7fa]

Now, I'm going to try to do this in the calmest way possible.

First off, saying that you are not replying to me because I sent you a generic pm is bs. Are you really hurt by that? If so, your ego may be way too fragile to be posting to a forum of any type, let alone one where people expect you to be responsible for holding up your agreements.

Second off, patience? I sent you three pm's over the course of a month. When you told me you hadn't greened a week after I paid you, I must have really been blowing my stack when I replied with this nasty little pm

[quoted1dbe2c7fa="kposse77"]No worries, just let me know which one you're doing. They seem to be having issues crediting certain offers and I just wanted to stay on top of them.

Thanks!
Rich[/quoted1dbe2c7fa]

Wow, what an ass I am.

I've been to college so yeah I get that it's tough and this may not be your priority anymore. Fine, have fun, live life. It's going to be a great time, I have no doubt. And who the hell said anything about checking the sites 10 times a day? Once again, I sent you three messages asking very politely for an update. If you can't deal with that, then maybe you should stop bitching in posts like this

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=175359

So yeah, move on dude. Live your life. But I want my money or my green and if you think I have to personalize it before you respond, then here it is.

Please feel free to respond now that you have your own personal message.

Just as an aside for everyone else, this isn't meant to be a ben laden is a scammer thread. I don't personally think he's a scammer. I just wanted to let everyone know that if you're going to get involved in a trade with him, cut him a little slack. He may be too busy with school to deal with the fact that, hey, maybe the person he's dealing with doesn't like giving someone some money in exchange for an, "I'll get to it when I get to it" attitude.
Rich

ben laden

11-08-2005 21:55:11

[quote75b915fb0f="kposse77"]Now, I'm going to try to do this in the calmest way possible.

First off, saying that you are not replying to me because I sent you a generic pm is bs. Are you really hurt by that? If so, your ego may be way too fragile to be posting to a forum of any type, let alone one where people expect you to be responsible for holding up your agreements.[/quote75b915fb0f]

My feelings are not hurt, I could care less what you say to me. I'm doing what I can to get you your green, and I don't feel like I have to send you a status report every week. If that's what you want then I suppose I could facilitate that, but really, I have enough independence where I don't feel that necessary. OH, and I am holding up my agreements. Just because you are incredibly impatient and don't see how them not crediting me is not my fault doesn't change that.

[quote75b915fb0f="kposse77"]Second off, patience? I sent you three pm's over the course of a month. When you told me you hadn't greened a week after I paid you, I must have really been blowing my stack when I replied with this nasty little pm

[quote75b915fb0f="kposse77"]No worries, just let me know which one you're doing. They seem to be having issues crediting certain offers and I just wanted to stay on top of them.

Thanks!
Rich[/quote75b915fb0f]

Wow, what an ass I am.[/quote75b915fb0f]

You as well as I know that I replied to that PM saying I was doing PeoplePC. You are taking things very out of context.

[quote75b915fb0f="kposse77"]I've been to college so yeah I get that it's tough and this may not be your priority anymore. Fine, have fun, live life. It's going to be a great time, I have no doubt. And who the hell said anything about checking the sites 10 times a day? Once again, I sent you three messages asking very politely for an update. If you can't deal with that, then maybe you should stop bitching in posts like this

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=175359[/quote75b915fb0f]

While, technically you did ask for an update, it was kind of buried in your generic PM so I guess I brushed over it. Oh, and in the second one you actually did NOT ask for a contact. Read it over. Like I said before, I didn't take much stock in it because I knew I would get it taken care of.

[quote75b915fb0f="kposse77"]So yeah, move on dude. Live your life. But I want my money or my green and if you think I have to personalize it before you respond, then here it is.

Please feel free to respond now that you have your own personal message.

Just as an aside for everyone else, this isn't meant to be a ben laden is a scammer thread. I don't personally think he's a scammer. I just wanted to let everyone know that if you're going to get involved in a trade with him, cut him a little slack. He may be too busy with school to deal with the fact that, hey, maybe the person he's dealing with doesn't like giving someone some money in exchange for an, "I'll get to it when I get to it" attitude.
Rich[/quote75b915fb0f]

I may be busy with school but I don't treat anything I do on here with that attitude, including your trade. It took almost a week to get my offer format reversed from being point based, by that time I had gone on vacation and didn't have internet access, much less would I have used it (there are much more important things to do in NY than going online), and I've submitted no credit tickets and the owner HAS NOT GOTTEN BACK TO ME, as you said he would. So what do you suggest I do? Because I sure as hell don't have enough money to pay you back at the moment.

CoMpFrEaK

11-08-2005 22:49:25

You went first? Why, your TR looks higher, unless something happened along the way....

ben laden

11-08-2005 23:34:15

When the trade was initiated I had higher TR.

kposse77

12-08-2005 04:54:26

Look ben,

Some of your points would be valid, except for the fact that up until the last pm I sent you, I thought I was being pretty damn patient. I never said you didn't do an offer which is why I didn't include your message. Saying that I'm taking our conversation out of context is wrong because I never cut actual pieces of your message out and all the messages I did include in my last post are in the correct chronological order, with the exception of the reply I included at the end from myself. In fact by taking the whole reason that I inserted that quote (to show how "nasty" I was being to you), and using it as your point of reference to say I was taking you out of context is, in fact, taking that quote out of context.

You know you could have just told me you didn't have the money to pay me back and that you hadn't heard about anything from your support tickets. Instead, you chose to throw up a front about how I'm being impatient, and now, incredibly impatient when you know that's just not true. If you can deny that I paid you a month ago, and say with a straight face that I have been harassing you constantly, then the only people that will know that you're lying are you and myself. Anyone here is going to tell you that when you're waiting for a month, you have a right to get frustrated. When you happen to be dealing with someone that apparently doesn't understand that, it makes it that much tougher.

Rich

ben laden

12-08-2005 05:55:57

And like I said, what do you want me to do about it? Go to the owner's house and hold a gun to his head?

kposse77

12-08-2005 06:16:09

No, but if the offer is not crediting and you can't green, I don't think I'm being unreasonable by asking for my money back.

ben laden

12-08-2005 13:48:47

I think it's unreasonable that you can't wait for a green. Just because the site is being uncooperative doesn't mean I'm not going to green for you.

kposse77

12-08-2005 14:05:58

[quote1bf9751e9e="ben laden"]I think it's unreasonable that you can't wait for a green. Just because the site is being uncooperative doesn't mean I'm not going to green for you.[/quote1bf9751e9e]

Look, the best way I could describe this to you apparently would be to use your own words

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=154904&highlight=#154904

That's how I feel now. I don't think it's your fault. We've had a successful trade in the past. I know quite well that Trainn is having crediting issues, but realistically, what do you think is an appropriate time for me to wait now after having paid you? 2 months? 6 months? Why should I be the one that's penalized for a site not crediting your offer in what very well could be random chance?

Let's clear this up now, so in the event you don't happen to green and I start to post again, we can agree that a sufficient amount of time has passed. I happened to think one month after payment is a pretty good amount of time. What do you think is the line where I am no longer being unreasonable or impatient?

ben laden

12-08-2005 16:06:23

I think if I become out of contact or appear to stop posting it would not be unreasonable. Because that's what happened with the trader that I was posting about in that link, Godsdog. I waited for two and a half months for a green and he just disappeared.

As long as I am around here (and I intend to be for a while) I will do what I can to make sure the trade is completed or you're not fucked out of money. But right now, I've paid for the offer I completed for you, so for me to pay you back money (which I don't even have right now), I would be LOSING money for NOTHING.

I can't promise anything regarding the site and things that are out of my control. But I did send in another support ticket last night and I'll see what they say.

And sorry about being snappy earlier, I've had a very bad couple weeks and today is the first good day I've had in a while.

jonnyk1221

12-08-2005 22:03:19

well i can see how they arent crediting, ive had people do instant crediting offers on my dvdrecorders4free, and im still waiting after 3 weeks for them to green. Yeah im waiting for 4 of them, dont mind if i steal your generic PM.

gregcool

13-08-2005 07:53:08

One month is a long time. There are good offers on there that do credit quick, if you didn't want to try another offer, then you should give his money back. Trainn supposedly did some mass crediting last friday and many didn't get credit and shouldn't expect it from what I hear.

ben laden

13-08-2005 10:26:54

Well I obviously got the shaft, because there was only one or two "good offers" on there for me. I'm not trying another offer because I'm waiting to see if I'm going to get credit. kthx

kposse77

14-08-2005 08:53:15

[quotec6a16dd2d6="ben laden"]Well I obviously got the shaft, because there was only one or two "good offers" on there for me. I'm not trying another offer because I'm waiting to see if I'm going to get credit. kthx[/quotec6a16dd2d6]

I don't really understand how you got the shaft on this one. Again, how long are you going to wait to see if you get credit? What if they specifically tell you that you are not going to get credit?

And btw, thanks for the apology before. I'm also sorry if I came off kind of snappy. I'm waiting on like 4 other people, so my frustration with all of them may have been transfered to you.

ben laden

14-08-2005 11:06:00

Obviously I wouldn't keep holding out hope for it if they told me I wasn't going to receive credit.

kposse77

22-08-2005 20:11:20

Just an update here. Ben laden has completed another offer and successfully greened. I'd like to thank him for his persistence and offer him my personal apology for doubting him.

Mods please lock this thread at your convenience.

stoogepid

23-08-2005 00:31:14

[quote576a9b46e1="kposse77"]Just an update here. Ben laden has completed another offer and successfully greened. I'd like to thank him for his persistence and offer him my personal apology for doubting him.

Mods please lock this thread at your convenience.[/quote576a9b46e1]

I'm glad your issue has been resolved. D