WARNING: deals by refined with stolen paypal account?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=10926

Archon810

06-04-2005 00:00:49

[bb3ee3db728]WARNING[/bb3ee3db728][/colorb3ee3db728]
While this might be a misunderstanding, but I'm doing a deal with this guy refined (who's offering $75 for 2 signups), and I signed up under him for cameras and psps. He paid me for 2 deals as agreed and I was about to finish his offers, when I got this from paypal
---------------------
Dear lililili,

Subject PayPal Notification Temporary Hold Pending Investigation (Routing
Code C840-L001-Q410-T3315)

Dear lililili,

It has come to our attention that you may have recieved potentially
unauthorized funds in your PayPal account. We have initiated an
investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary
hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This
temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the
meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date Apr. 5, 2005 225309 PDT
Transaction Amount $83.00 USD
Payor's email= email=hippolady@aol.comhippolady@aol.com email=hippolady@aol.comhippolady@aol.com/email

Please reply to this email with any questions you may have concerning this
reversal.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department.
---------------------

I logged in and the funds are on HOLD. While this might be a misunderstanding, I'm raising a red flag[/colorb3ee3db728] until this gets resolved, since what he pays is quite high.

slease

06-04-2005 00:05:22

That guys offer sounded too good to be true. at 37.50 a referral, why doesn't he just go out and buy whatever it is he wants for a few bucks more.

holycow

06-04-2005 00:13:05

I did a trade with refined...he went green on dvrs4free and I'm doing his psps4free. But that doesn't mean he isn't using a stolen paypal account... My dvrs4free account is being reviewed for a second time (one referral was rejected the first), so hopefully he didn't do anything else shady.

Maybe you should try emailing hippolady.

iusa

06-04-2005 00:31:07

"If it sounds too good to be true...."

megacoupe

06-04-2005 05:27:17

Definitely something fishy going on here; my payment was not only investigated but determined to be fraudulent. Here's the email I received

[quotee19f34ee3c="Paypal"]
Dear [ie19f34ee3c]My Real Name[/ie19f34ee3c],

We have conducted an investigation regarding a payment you received in your
PayPal account. This invesitgation determined that those funds were
fraudulent. Therefore we have completed a reversal of the payment and
removed the funds from the following transaction from your account.

Transaction Date Apr. 5, 2005 222728 PDT
Transaction Amount $108.00 USD
Buyer's email= email=hippolady@aol.comhippolady@aol.com email=hippolady@aol.comhippolady@aol.com/email

Please respond to this email if you have questions regarding this reversed
transaction.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP222[/quotee19f34ee3c]

Man, am I glad I didn't do those referrals yet...

megacoupe

06-04-2005 05:29:42

So, just to confirm

Do not make deals with "refined." His Paypal payments DO NOT CLEAR.[/colorb43d9fbec2][/sizeb43d9fbec2]

nusqax

06-04-2005 05:54:42

I agree. We tried to make a trade yesterday, but he lied about his tr and his name showed up in the Shady Trader's list when I searched for his name, even though he was also on the Good Trader's list.

I advise all to be cautious of this one.

Archon810

06-04-2005 12:57:41

did anybody figure out what's going on here with this guy?

Vector

06-04-2005 13:33:23

If thats the same guy, he went green for me....

JJPRO11

06-04-2005 13:55:32

how do you know he isnt using a stolen CC to go green on your sites as well?

were the payments through paypal done by a CC or instant transfer? instant transfer goes through the checking account and if that doesnt go through they take it out of the CC..
its more unlikely, but he could be using a stolen bank account and using the debit card for it as a CC on some sites.. theres a lot of possibilities here, whether or not they are true, i dont know.. but i didnt think anyone would offer that kind of money for referals.. if its a stolen CC, why is he using a stolen CC to buy trading referals? he could just buy the stuff with it. lol

Vector

06-04-2005 13:56:42

thats the thing.... we dont know!

PodTopia

06-04-2005 14:03:52

A stolen credit card is different. He may just sign up for the site and do an offer with a legit credit card, but he may a) do the offer more than once, or b) do the site more than once. Once you enter processing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes red.

Archon810

06-04-2005 14:05:24

ez, i think he stole a paypal account, not a cc.

sweeedfish

06-04-2005 14:06:16

he was just on the boards.. he didnt make any response .. he's on aim too

holycow

06-04-2005 14:08:39

[quotee810ffe843="PodTopia"]A stolen credit card is different. He may just sign up for the site and do an offer with a legit credit card, but he may a) do the offer more than once, or b) do the site more than once. Once you enter processing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes red.[/quotee810ffe843]

Yeah...I'm expecting red. Well, I just entered processing yesterday and should know by the end of the week, so I'll let you guys know.

carpediem

07-04-2005 11:25:09

any update on this yet??? I'm just adding a post to try and keep this up top for everyone to see

kevxross

07-04-2005 11:46:20

Bump.

He seems to be replying to every topic [i8d83c4ff11]but[/i8d83c4ff11] this one.

mnx12

07-04-2005 12:04:44

What a douche, ban his ass

vabigpoppa

07-04-2005 12:07:40

wow i was real close in trading w/ him yesterday, thank you for this post lol

TioTony

07-04-2005 12:23:07

[quote8e0aa332b4="kevxross"]Bump.

He seems to be replying to every topic [i8e0aa332b4]but[/i8e0aa332b4] this one.[/quote8e0aa332b4]

[b8e0aa332b4]True. He's posting a lot elsewhere. Weird!![/b8e0aa332b4]

refined

07-04-2005 12:23:58

Im on IRC talking about it.

(IE If you want to talk about it, get on IRC and PM me)

TioTony

07-04-2005 12:25:29

Good to know!

carpediem

07-04-2005 12:55:31

[quotebbcd966c13="refined"]Im on IRC talking about it.

(IE If you want to talk about it, get on IRC and PM me)[/quotebbcd966c13]
well, not everyone wants to get on IRC, so if someone on IRC w/ refined could please post any updates that would be great. I think it would benefit the whole board to get this cleared up.

flatline

07-04-2005 13:16:56

Refined's story

[quoted78e05f1ad]
First off, the funds are not fraudulent. I recently sold my bike on eBay for approx. $500. The buyer seemed perfectly legit and was part of a large eBay online business. He sent the money and I shipped out the bike the next day. 3 days later, (which was yesterday), the funds were reversed and I was left with a negative balance. This is why PayPal reversed all the trades I made AFTER the bike and I am dealing with all of PayPal's crap right now trying to get it resolved.
(122135) (refined) So, once this is resolved, I will resend all of the payments to those who I sent money to.
[/quoted78e05f1ad]

I asked him for a link to the eBay auction, which he replied

[quoted78e05f1ad]
flatline005 (50508 PM) Do you have a link to the ebay auction?
ryanrockman (50523 PM) nope
ryanrockman (50525 PM) not anymore
flatline005 (50534 PM) Not anymore?
ryanrockman (50538 PM) it was more of a side deal
ryanrockman (50550 PM) eBay buyer contacted me
flatline005 (50614 PM) Even if he contacted you outside of eBay, you will have an auction in which he saw the product.
ryanrockman (50630 PM) I dont have that anymore, sorry
flatline005 (50659 PM) That's odd.
flatline005 (50705 PM) What is your ebay username?
ryanrockman (50725 PM) Im not giving that out either[/quoted78e05f1ad]

And hey, look what happens next!

[quoted78e05f1ad]
ryanrockman (51755 PM) Well ive got to head out, Ill contact you later about this subject.[/quoted78e05f1ad]

If this matter doesn't get fixed within 2 weeks I will send off an e-mail to Offercentric and Gratis, both of whom I have contacts at, and get his accounts put on hold. If anyone wants any info, PM me or send me a message on AIM.

megacoupe

07-04-2005 13:28:12

Why would Paypal refer to his funds as fraudulent if he simply had a negative balance? Isn't there a different email they send out for negative balances?

This is looking fishier, if you ask me.

refined

07-04-2005 13:41:17

Hello,

I am going to propose a final solution, which will solve this issue.

As my PayPal account is clearly limited, I will make this up to all of the users who I owe money.

Since I cannot send out payments with PayPal, I will alternatively make up for this with other options.

The talk about me doing credit card fraud = false. You may investigate this until you drop dead, but I certainly am using my credit card.

For those users who did get their funds reversed in PayPal, please send me a message and I will make sure they are happy.

I am sorry for this large controversy that I've caused, and I'd love to get it resolved.

Pending your responce.

Regards,
Refined

refined

07-04-2005 13:42:50

Also, I do not like these PMs from people claiming they are "the admin" of these boards such as people like this

[code1282dbebca2]
kevin85193: hey you there?
ryanrockman: ?
kevin85193: i just emailed gratis/oc - they said pending the paypal fiasco if you are proven legit that you won't be put on hold, but if you are scamming people they will put you on hold
ryanrockman: who are you
kevin85193: an admin of the fipg
ryanrockman: username
kevin85193: Sjohn
ryanrockman: pm
ryanrockman: send me a pm
ryanrockman: ??
kevin85193: okay, 1 sec
kevin85193: hmm, internet likes to go out
kevin85193: k, PM sent.. tacobell is waiting, brb
kevin85193 signed off at 1:41:10 PM.
[/code1282dbebca2]

That's also against the rules.

Refined-is-a-SCAMMER

07-04-2005 13:53:23

What's going on here?

refined

07-04-2005 13:55:07

mashav

07-04-2005 14:13:25

I took refined up on his offer and PMed him about getting this resolved.

Since the original trade was for 2 refs for $75, and he no longer has the $75, I've agreed to consider the trade complete once he greens on two of my sites.

He signed up and went green on my freedigitalcameras site using the starclub offer.

Maybe we should give him a chance before lynching him? Granted, I won't know for sure until final approval, but that's true of all trades here, isn't it?

Stroid

07-04-2005 14:17:46

why are there two people refind and refind-is-a-scammer im about to ban both of you unless i find out what the hell is going on

refined

07-04-2005 14:19:29

I don't know who "refined-is-a-scammer" is.

Stroid

07-04-2005 14:22:05

Refined your story seems shady as hell...i think to prove your innocence you need to post that ebay auction that you claim gave you all that money. Im going to take away all of your TR because of what you have done until you can make things right. You have caused a ugly situation and from reading this thread you dont seem to be very cooperative.

refined

07-04-2005 14:32:17

Yes, I know. I am working on compensating those who I made payments to.

I am in contact with the moderator "flatline" . Please contact him and you will get the full story.

Thanx.

flatline

07-04-2005 14:37:56

[quotef4f50b694a="refined"]Yes, I know. I am working on compensating those who I made payments to.

I am in contact with the moderator "flatline" . Please contact him and you will get the full story.

Thanx.[/quotef4f50b694a]

I'm not a moderator - I used to be.

refined

07-04-2005 14:42:42

Ok, my bad.

Stroid

07-04-2005 14:47:29

so you havent explained anything to me yet

refined

07-04-2005 14:50:44

[code100005da433]
( USER: Mashav): hey
ryanrockman: Hey
( USER: Mashav): so, what happened with paypal?
ryanrockman: I got scammed, someone sent me $500
ryanrockman: and it got reversed
ryanrockman: which reversed everyone else's payments
ryanrockman: Which links did you signup for me?
( USER: Mashav): photoipod
( USER: Mashav): and cameras4free
ryanrockman: ok
ryanrockman: What was your email for signing up on those?
( USER: Mashav): lililililililililililili@aol.com
ryanrockman: Ok
ryanrockman: Now, which do you need greened
( USER: Mashav): what do you mean?
ryanrockman: Do you want me to do 2 of your referrals?
ryanrockman: As compensation
ryanrockman: My PayPal account is limited
( USER: Mashav): how do I know it will pass validation?
ryanrockman: You don't know that
ryanrockman: However, I use my credit card
( USER: Mashav): so, we had a deal, you failed to hold up your end of it and you want me to trust?
ryanrockman: It's not trust
( USER: Mashav): you see where I am having an issue?
ryanrockman: I will get screwed if I red yours
ryanrockman: flatline will report me to OC/Gratis
( USER: Mashav): by the time you red, it might be too late
ryanrockman: I won't be "redding"
ryanrockman: so that's not a problem
( USER: Mashav): i don't know how close you are to getting your stuff
( USER: Mashav): ok
ryanrockman: Look, we can do this or we can't do this
( USER: Mashav): I guess this is better than nothing
ryanrockman: Also
ryanrockman: Yes
( USER: Mashav): also?
ryanrockman: Nvm
( USER: Mashav): I can use a minimacs4free
( USER: Mashav): and a freedigitalcameras
( USER: Mashav): can you do those?
ryanrockman: yep
( USER: Mashav): http://www.macminis4free.com
( USER: Mashav): let me know (in a PM) which email you use and which offer you do
ryanrockman: Why not over AIM?
ryanrockman: I want you to post this in that thread
ryanrockman: after im done
( USER: Mashav): http://www.FreeDigitalCameras.com
( USER: Mashav): I will post the minute you green
( USER: Mashav): I would prefer PM since it's more of a permanent record
( USER: Mashav): plus, it's easier for me to keep track of
ryanrockman: Ok
( USER: Mashav): I am perfectly willing to help you clear you name, but only after you make good
( USER: Mashav): I am not out to lynch you or ban you
( USER: Mashav): shit happens
( USER: Mashav): paypal is evil
ryanrockman: Indeed
( USER: Mashav): the problem everyone is having - we've emailed the owner of the paypal account and she says her account was hacked/stolen
( USER: Mashav): so no one is all that eager to believe you
ryanrockman: k
ryanrockman: im doing starclub so it should instant on freedigitalcameras
( USER: Mashav): ok, which email did you use?
ryanrockman: email==ryan.pennington@comcast.netryan.pennington@comcast.net=ryan.pennington@comcast.netryan.pennington@comcast.net/email
ryanrockman: Thank you lilililililililililililililililililili!

Membership Details

All benefits are now available to you. You will receive a welcome email with additional information about your membership.
ryanrockman: Congratulations!

You have completed your requirements. Now just get 10 friends to complete an offer.

ryanrockman: I went green
( USER: Mashav): it's green
( USER: Mashav): I can't check the other account, since it belongs to a friend
ryanrockman: o
ryanrockman: hmm
( USER: Mashav): i will go post to the thread that you made good on one of the two trades
( USER: Mashav): http://www.freeipodguide.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=94695#94695
( USER: Mashav) signed off at 2:16:21 PM.
( USER: Mashav) signed on at 2:16:50 PM.
( USER: Mashav): http://www.freeipodguide.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=94695#94695
ryanrockman: k cool
( USER: Mashav): have you done the other site?
ryanrockman: Yep
ryanrockman: Just did it
( USER: Mashav): same email?
ryanrockman: yes
( USER: Mashav): you might want to check the thread again
( USER: Mashav): get in touch with stroid before you get banned
ryanrockman: i know
( USER: Mashav): PM him
( USER: Mashav): I am willing to talk to him, if that would help
ryanrockman: ok
[/code100005da433]
1 down 1 to go

Stroid

07-04-2005 14:54:08

so you only need to make it right with one other person? if thats true then your ok. who is that other person

Archon810

07-04-2005 15:15:30

ok I wanna call bullshit.

1. The funds came from a paypal account that belongs to a female. When I asked refined, whose AIM is RYAN ROCKMAN if he was a male or female he/she avoided the question and then told me I never asked.
After that he/she claimed he/she was a female. After pointing out that ryanrockman as screen name is a bit confusing for a female, I was told that from my name Archon810, I should be an archer and 810 is my personality trait.
Today we're seeing from ryanrockman's own conversation that
------------
ryanrockman email==ryan.pennington@comcast.netryan.pennington@comcast.net=ryan.pennington@comcast.netryan.pennington@comcast.net/email
ryanrockman Thank you Ryan Pennington!
------------

How the FUCK do u explain that Ryan?

2. When I asked him for an ebay auction, he didn't give it to me either. However when I insisted, he gave me an auction that lists a $475 bike with a $525 Buy-It-Now price that STILL HAS 1 day and 7 hours to go!! The name of the seller didn't resemble anything I've seen related to refined or ryan so far.
After I pointed out that the auction is still live and there were 0 bids, he tried to convince me that that's how eBay works and after you use buy-it-now, it keeps the auction online until it ends. I called bullshit and told him/her that he is full of shit and he's trying to scam me even though I have 146 feedback on eBay and I know the damn rules.

3. He/she also avoided this thread for a whole day after all the shit happened and posted everywhere BUT here, I'm assuming to find time to make up a BS story. While the greens might remain greens, the Paypal is the fraudulent part here, not his trades.

CONVINCE ME RYAN, whoever u are. Scammers dont belong to this board.

Stroid

07-04-2005 15:26:04

Hmmm very interesting and i see archon has a very good point and that is clearly not how ebay works. I dont trust you refined. Also Archon how do you want this resolved on your end do you need him to green you or pay you money?

Archon810

07-04-2005 15:29:27

he paid me for 2 deals, and I signed up under him. thank god i lagged on doing the offers (he wanted me to do them instantly), and an hour later I got the email about paypal funds reversed. he/she says the paypal will be resent via a different account, but i'm gonna have to see about trusting that, especially since it seems so easy to reverse them.

Stroid

07-04-2005 15:37:34

well let me know what you wanna do i guess hopefully he will straighten this out

mashav

07-04-2005 16:18:30

refined went green on two sites for me. Of course, I won't know what that's worth until the accounts are approved.

hokeypokie

07-04-2005 20:02:19

Below is the email= I received from email=hippolady@aol.comhippolady@aol.com I received from email=hippolady@aol.comhippolady@aol.com/email or Lisa Sarkin

"My account was broken into and Paypal have reversed about 25 items. I'm sorry for the problem, but I did not purchase this item. Paypal is investigating. Lisa Sarkin"

yunier2002

07-04-2005 20:29:10

refined I think you should stop worrying about this trade and focus on what to do once PayPal finds out what you did if in fact you stole a PayPal account and used it.

holycow

07-04-2005 20:31:52

[quote170d48c12e="hokeypokie"]Below is the email= I received from email=hippolady@aol.comhippolady@aol.com I received from email=hippolady@aol.comhippolady@aol.com/email or Lisa Sarkin

"My account was broken into and Paypal have reversed about 25 items. I'm sorry for the problem, but I did not purchase this item. Paypal is investigating. Lisa Sarkin"[/quote170d48c12e]

Wow, what's the punishment for something like that?

Archon810

07-04-2005 20:51:08

i emailed that person too, and she said the funds were sent fraudulently. say good-bye to your accounts refined.

he actually messaged me and said that he would resend tomorrow from his dad's paypal. now he's saying he'll do it tomorrow.

holycow

07-04-2005 20:56:13

Ahhh! Let my account be approved first! lol

refined

08-04-2005 13:35:24

I have completed all trades that need completing.

Archon810 I do not owe you anything as you did not complete anything for me. I did not scam you, so quit saying I did. You didn't lose anything, except for being almost scammed.

Those who I did "scam" I am making it up to them by doing their referrals or providing them with something of equal value.

Please close this topic as I am working on the situation. If you are one who didn't receive anything from me after you did something for me, then pm me immediately and if I do not comply than you can report me to a moderator/admin here.

So far, I have completed all trades.

Have an excellent day.

Archon810

08-04-2005 14:31:37

[quoteebd72d8ecc="refined"]I have completed all trades that need completing.

Archon810 I do not owe you anything as you did not complete anything for me. I did not scam you, so quit saying I did. You didn't lose anything, except for being almost scammed.[/quoteebd72d8ecc]

Yes, so far you have scammed me by reversing the paypal, and yes, I did lose something, the ability to sign up for cameras and psps, from OC, because I signed up under you. I will complete the greens if you refund the paypal, however what I want you to explain is why you stole somebody's paypal account and tried to make up a BS story about a bike.

alexvega

08-04-2005 15:24:02

refined, someone is probably going to submit this thread to paypal... you're busted buddy, say hey to bubba

refined

08-04-2005 15:45:35

[quotebb4299672e="Archon810"][quotebb4299672e="refined"]I have completed all trades that need completing.

Archon810 I do not owe you anything as you did not complete anything for me. I did not scam you, so quit saying I did. You didn't lose anything, except for being almost scammed.[/quotebb4299672e]

Yes, so far you have scammed me by reversing the paypal, and yes, I did lose something, the ability to sign up for cameras and psps, from OC, because I signed up under you. I will complete the greens if you refund the paypal, however what I want you to explain is why you stole somebody's paypal account and tried to make up a BS story about a bike.[/quotebb4299672e]

Please instant message me or PM me and we can agree on some sort of compensation.

Archon810

11-04-2005 10:34:41

Now almost official. Refined is a confirmed scammer. He used a confirmed stolen Paypal account and now he's gone from AIM for 3 days now. His promises to refund the reversed funds are as hollow as his dumbass head. Please report his accounts to respective companies if he scammed you.

refined

11-04-2005 11:58:40

I have been gone for 2 days, have you no patience?

If you contact me tonight on AIM or MSN, I will be able to assist you.

flatline

11-04-2005 12:32:50

If anyone has any beefs with refined, PM me, I'm keeping track of them.

Archon810

11-04-2005 13:30:57

[quote66b38e0b78="refined"]I have been gone for 2 days, have you no patience?

If you contact me tonight on AIM or MSN, I will be able to assist you.[/quote66b38e0b78]

Dont even give me this crap about patience. On Friday you said that you would deal with it, then same day you said "PM me on Saturday", after which you had disappeared off of AIM.

See my post above, I want you to explain to everyone, in THIS post, why you used another person's account illegally.

Archon810

13-05-2005 17:50:54

OK, the resolution of this could not be achieved.
Refined (also known as ryanrockman on AIM) clearly let me know that he was using a stolen paypal account.
He then wanted to make up for me joining his 2 sites by buying me something online (with a stolen paypal account? no thanks).
He was lagging for weeks, trying to buy some time. Today I finally decided to just do a fair trade and finish his psps4free for him doing my freeminimacs. He said OK... [b0fea463edf] but I have to go first.[/b0fea463edf]
So after lying, scamming, cheating, and lagging, I (+10TR) have to do my offer first for him (-1TR).

Archon810r hey
ryanrockman Hello
Archon810r r u gonna do ur part or not? i'm tired of this trade....
Archon810r i really wanna just get it over with
ryanrockman no im not unless you go first
Archon810r WTF
Archon810r why do i have to go first, u have the lower TR, u tried to scam me
Archon810r and i have to go first, r u out of ur mind?
ryanrockman Because I want you to
Archon810r u've gotta be kidding me
Archon810r so u can get a free offer out of me and leave
ryanrockman I'm not
Archon810r yeah right
ryanrockman Well, nevermind, I don't think I want to do the trade
Archon810r ok that does it
ryanrockman Ok
ryanrockman What does what?
Archon810r u've exhausted my patience
ryanrockman Dang

Comments? Mods?